Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

CURRENT SALES - Coupons valid 10/2-10/29
Assassin's Creed Revelations is on the current cover

:360::ps3: NHL12 - $50 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $30 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Deus Ex Human Revolution - $45 after $15 off coupon
:360: Tropico 4 - $40 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: ICO/SOTC OR GOW Origins Collection - $30 after $10 off coupon
:wii::ds: Just Dance Summer Party OR The Smurfs - $20 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT - $30 after $20 off coupon
iconbestbuy.gif
PPK Onyx Mercury - $60 after $20 off coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - you get the current months mag free just have them scan it when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aznhero913']that's exactly what I did and my message was forwarded to a guy named matt who basically said fuck off...[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly you were trying to PM the website and use the coupon. Apparently this isn't allowed. Which wasn't known by anyone because this situation hadn't raised before.

Now again Ico is a different story as it is $24.99 in store which just means the coupon needs stacking which they will be more than happy to deal with.

So yes if you are going to try to PM GoW:O then there is nothing you can do. The people that are getting the deal shouldn't be getting the deal, but they are.

Scored ICO/SotC Combo for $15 tonight. Coupon had to be entered in manually and ok'ed by manager. Salesperson read the back "fine print" up and down 3-4 times, which worried me due to all the stories I read here prior to going to store. Usually cashiers give me the "coupon can't be combined with other offers(sale prices)". Thanks OP.:D

[quote name='jeebert']I checked the Brooklyn center and coon rapids, MN stores, neither would take the coupon. Anyone know a store in the Mpls area taking them?[/QUOTE]
I got denied at the Edina store too.

And Best Buy wonders why 90% of us ask Amazon.com for a price-match anytime they have a sale on anything? I'm taking my copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and GOW: Origins back and getting my $20 Reward Zone Credit refunded (from what I read it will be in the form of points, meaning 1000 points credited to my account). I still think ICO/Shadow and GOW:Origins are a good deal at $24.99 (even if they don't let us use the $10 off coupon; most have had success using it with ICO/Shadow because it's $24.99 in-store whereas GOW is $39.99 and $24.99 online). I'll try my luck getting ICO for $14.99 in-store, and buy GOW: Origins for $24.99 online even though it will probably drop to $19.99 or less by Black Friday.

It's a shame that a company has to mislead it's customers like they do. Just give us a definitive "yes or no" when it comes to us using our Gamer Magazine coupons with your products. I'll say this much- if they reject the $10 coupon for Ico/Shadow in-store even though it's listed at $24.99, I'll tell them to shove the magazine up their ass!

[quote name='kouleefoh']The magazine is more than worth it with the extra 10% trade in. I already got more than what the sub worth back. It's just that some coupons are going to be a pain in the ass, like this one.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I have zero intentions of trading in games to Best Buy. All I bought it for were the coupons because I figured I would save $15/year. I was wrong, we all were. :cry:

Also the OP says that coupons stack with sale prices. That is incorrect, some people have been able to get the cashiers/managers to do a manual override but from reading this thread, the other Gamer thread here at CAG, and the BB forums, that is YMMV.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Also the OP says that coupons stack with sale prices. That is incorrect, some people have been able to get the cashiers/managers to do a manual override but from reading this thread, the other Gamer thread here at CAG, and the BB forums, that is YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Actually I've had coupons stack on 3 separate games without override, so you my friend are incorrect. I believe the ICO/SOTC deal is different as it's a online price match and not a store sale price. That's not to say it isn't YMMV, but the registers at the 2 Best Buys I went to did the work so if you don't know what you're talking about..don't talk.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Also the OP says that coupons stack with sale prices. That is incorrect, some people have been able to get the cashiers/managers to do a manual override but from reading this thread, the other Gamer thread here at CAG, and the BB forums, that is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of gray area here, thus all the noise. Coupons have stacked on some sales and not on others. And then there are things like Driver: It didn't stack the first day, but was changed to allow stacking from the second day on. Some games are less online but not listed as "online only price". blah blah blah... Get your ducks in a row!

It's just a big inconsistent mess that BB needs to fix. If the final word is that they don't stack, let's just hear it and be done with it. Then we can start a thread entitled: "Pissed off CAGs that want their @Gamers Club Sub money back"

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Actually I've had coupons stack on 3 separate games without override, so you my friend are incorrect. I believe the ICO/SOTC deal is different as it's a online price match and not a store sale price. That's not to say it isn't YMMV, but the registers at the 2 Best Buys I went to did the work so if you don't know what you're talking about..don't talk.[/QUOTE]

No. Coupons are always YMMV with Sales. It's always, always on a case by case situation.
As of last night, the coupons were not stacking with the Sale price of ICO. The price is correct at the store level ($24.99), but the coupon does not work automatically.
This has happened in the past, and will continue to happen with Bestbuy.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I disagree, I have zero intentions of trading in games to Best Buy. All I bought it for were the coupons because I figured I would save $15/year. I was wrong, we all were. :cry:[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you know this? I'm sorry I'm in a bad mood because I found out that I'm sick, but how the hell do you know that you won't save $15 over the course of a year based on your experience during a one week period?

These coupons have been stacking (far more often than not) for some time now. It takes one or two purchases at most in order to save that $15. Notwithstanding that you have already proclaimed defeat for us "all" without any crystal ball to tell you what may happen over the course of the next few months or what might even happen later this week.

To me it's similar to the guys who say that a team lost a game because of one play. That's just way too narrow of a perspective to take. I'm not trying to bash you (like I said I'm just in a depressed mood) but you have got to be a little less eager to evaluate an entire year based on one week.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Actually I've had coupons stack on 3 separate games without override, so you my friend are incorrect. I believe the ICO/SOTC deal is different as it's a online price match and not a store sale price.[/QUOTE]

Actually, my friend, it is you who is incorrect. Had you read this thread or visited a best Buy store in person you would have seen that the Ico/SotN collection is $24.99 in store, which is not an online price match. The coupons will work fine for games that are at regular price, but again, had you read the thread you would have realized that.

In addition you would not have had this months coupons stack automatically on any of the sale listed games since it is and has been during this weeks sale being automatically rejected. The only people who have had it work from the sale games this week have had it manually overridden. You may have had it work in the past on sale games but not this weeks sale, which is what this thread is about.

[quote name='bgame2']How the hell do you know this? I'm sorry I'm in a bad mood because I found out that I'm sick, but how the hell do you know that you won't save $15 over the course of a year based on your experience during a one week period?
[/QUOTE]

Good point, if they go back to stacking I will end up saving money, I am thinking more in the moment and hoping this isn't the long term plan that it seems.

My reply was to the guy who said that he would save that much on trade-ins. Since I am under the assumption that future coupons won't stack and I don't plan on trading games into BB I am considering that $15 lost as of today. I never buy games new at relase so if the coupons don't/won't stack with sales prices they are useless to me.

So I got denied using the Ico coupon in Bridgewater Nj last night by both the sales rep and the customer service agents. They both read me the exact wording on the coupon that clearly states the coupon is only off regular prices. I've had one stack in the past but it almost seems like they changed their policy or something which is a big bummer. Who knows.... Maybe it's just something weird with the Ico deal because of the inconsistent pricing.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I disagree, I have zero intentions of trading in games to Best Buy. All I bought it for were the coupons because I figured I would save $15/year. I was wrong, we all were. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just because you don't trade in, doesn't mean other people don't. Honestly, I'm sure people got the sub last month, mostly for the gamers unlocked and its benefits.

Even if the coupons don't stack with sale price, I'm sure there will be coupons that will still save you money. Come on, thinking about not able to find one single coupon to use in a year is a bit too pessimistic, even for you, don't you think? Example with the ICO bundle, with all the sales going on so close to release date, who is to say that MSRP won't drop to $29.99 before Oct ends? If it does, use the coupon, and you'll be able to get it for $19.99.

If it ends up being that sales price no longer stack with coupons, yea it'll suck, and I for sure won't like it. But I'm sure we'll still find deals to be had with the coupons.

It's just one bad sale, man.

[quote name='kouleefoh']

It's just one bad sale, man.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it does hurt after having the expectation set that these stack. There was a memo, a "correction" last week for Driver, etc, etc... What gives? It just gives me the impression that if you whine enough, things get changed at BB. That isn't easy or convenient.

I'm actually just glad that I was able to get it for $25. If the supervisor (who promised to ask corporate about it for me) can get it work, great. If not, no big deal. It's $10. i don't wanna cry about it several times, and risk ruining my relationship with the gaming dept there.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Just because you don't trade in, doesn't mean other people don't. Honestly, I'm sure people got the sub last month, mostly for the gamers unlocked and its benefits.[/quote]
That was me. I got the sub since my trade-ins extra 10% paid for it. The magazine sucks (based on 1st issue and last issue). The coupons have been hit or miss since start.

The coupons for a long while past use to only to take the coupon off the REGULAR Price, even if a sale was cheaper. Driver required complaints to get overturned. Ico/SotC has converted back to past. Though, even without the coupon, it is still a deal. The title released last week at $39.99 and now you can get it for $24.99 i.e. $15 off. That is a really good deal (even without a manager override on the coupon) if you are interested in getting these games.

Those of you who are subscribers, when can I expect to get my magazine? More specifically, when was the earliest/latest you've received a magazine. I signed up at the beginning of September

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Those of you who are subscribers, when can I expect to get my magazine? More specifically, when was the earliest/latest you've received a magazine. I signed up at the beginning of September[/QUOTE]

They gave me the mag as soon as I signed up two days ago right on the spot :) not everyone gets that same result however.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Those of you who are subscribers, when can I expect to get my magazine? More specifically, when was the earliest/latest you've received a magazine. I signed up at the beginning of September[/QUOTE]

What they told me was that they skip 1 issue when I first signed up. I got it back in august?(was the gears 3 pack issue also when they had the preorder gears get $5 off sub). They skipped the next issue which was a double month issue so I had to wait 2 months before I got my first issue in the mail.

This could have changed in the last months, but that's what it was 2 months ago.

Hopefully this will suffice for the managers that said no.

And waiting for all the people to come on and discredit that it is just some yahoo that doesn't work for BBY spouting off info.

[quote name='midloo']Here's the thread you all want to read: link to BB forum

Finally got a clear message from BB on some policy issues. Here's hoping all is updated to reflect this quickly.[/QUOTE]

They need to change the policy and the print on the coupons. It will still be a YMMV situation.

Had a great experience at BB today. They didn't have any @Gamer magazines in the store so the manager just did a manual override of the prices and took my word on the coupons. They also didn't charge for the $5 it would have cost to buy the magazine.

[quote name='Keen314']I got denied at the Edina store too.[/QUOTE]

The Eden Prairie store happily accepted the coupon. Had to call a manager over to override it and she was very helpful.
There's only one copy left though, or at least there was when I was there around noon. When they come back in stock though, I'd recommend them. I live a stones throw from the Richfield store and refuse to go there.
I always drive the extra 10 minutes to the Eden Prairie store.

[quote name='bk187']Had a great experience at BB today. They didn't have any @Gamer magazines in the store so the manager just did a manual override of the prices and took my word on the coupons. They also didn't charge for the $5 it would have cost to buy the magazine.[/QUOTE]
Wow, where are you from and what BB store is this?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Any CAGS in Buffalo, Ny get the coupon to work? Let me know![/QUOTE]
I went to the one in amherst in Niagara Falls boulevard, but the coupon was a no go, you can probably try it out at the walden galleria to see if it will fly there

[quote name='akir']The Eden Prairie store happily accepted the coupon. Had to call a manager over to override it and she was very helpful.
There's only one copy left though, or at least there was when I was there around noon. When they come back in stock though, I'd recommend them. I live a stones throw from the Richfield store and refuse to go there.
I always drive the extra 10 minutes to the Eden Prairie store.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Wow, where are you from and what BB store is this?[/QUOTE]

Chicago (John Hancock Center).

[quote name='strait edge follower']They gave me the mag as soon as I signed up two days ago right on the spot :) not everyone gets that same result however.[/QUOTE]

I signed up in September and they also gave me the mag on the spot (Battlefield 3 issue) but I was referring to the following months.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']What they told me was that they skip 1 issue when I first signed up. I got it back in august?(was the gears 3 pack issue also when they had the preorder gears get $5 off sub). They skipped the next issue which was a double month issue so I had to wait 2 months before I got my first issue in the mail.

This could have changed in the last months, but that's what it was 2 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That was what I thought, but wasn't exactly sure. Looks like I won't be getting this months coupons then.:whistle2:|

I signed up about the same time and i just got my 1st issue.

I caved and bought ICO/shadow online at 24.99. The free shipping always helps but the tax is brutal.
Paid with PayPal

Product Total: $24.99
Shipping: FREE
Sales Tax: $1.50
Order Total (charged to PayPal): $26.49

I got ICO/SOTC at the BB in Glendora, CA. They had one left. It showed a sale price of $24.99. The $10 off coupon didn't give me any discount and the manager wouldn't help. Oh well. $25 is still a good price. Plus I had some balance on a BB gift card I had been trying to use for MONTHS.

I'm a little burned out trying to wrestle deals out of Best Buy. I think I'm done.

i dont understand the point of the coupons if they cannot be used when i want to use them...every where im reading the coupons should stack with the sale prices, but it seems most often that the best buys will not accept them...what gives?

[quote name='1020chase']i dont understand the point of the coupons if they cannot be used when i want to use them...every where im reading the coupons should stack with the sale prices, but it seems most often that the best buys will not accept them...what gives?[/QUOTE]

Stupid, I mean misinformed, employees along with the old policy o them not stacking written right on the back.

To explain it more in depth. Originally they said the coupons wouldn't stack. They rethought this and sent out a news article to all employees on 6/1/11 rescinding that policy and announcing that "all @gamer will stack with sale prices from here on out".

Like most companies, a majority of the employees don't read these memos. On top of that they kept the original wording of the coupons aren't supposed to stack.

So the only person that knows the new policy is the customer and the old policy is written on the back of the coupon themselves. Our only way to convince them is for them to do work researching on their side. This apparently is way too much to ask of most BBY employees.

I just got shot down fruit to use $10 off Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. They pointed at the back and said that's why the coupon wouldn't ring up.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Stupid, I mean misinformed, employees along with the old policy o them not stacking written right on the back.

To explain it more in depth. Originally they said the coupons wouldn't stack. They rethought this and sent out a news article to all employees on 6/1/11 rescinding that policy and announcing that "all @gamer will stack with sale prices from here on out".

Like most companies, a majority of the employees don't read these memos. On top of that they kept the original wording of the coupons aren't supposed to stack.

So the only person that knows the new policy is the customer and the old policy is written on the back of the coupon themselves. Our only way to convince them is for them to do work researching on their side. This apparently is way too much to ask of most BBY employees.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Telling retail employees how to do their job usually has a very low success rate. It's sad that most of them have no clue about the memo or how the coupon's policy was changed.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I got ICO/SOTC at the BB in Glendora, CA. They had one left. It showed a sale price of $24.99. The $10 off coupon didn't give me any discount and the manager wouldn't help. Oh well. $25 is still a good price. Plus I had some balance on a BB gift card I had been trying to use for MONTHS.

I'm a little burned out trying to wrestle deals out of Best Buy. I think I'm done.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky that you were able to use your giftcard. Best Buy screwed anyone over that tried to order PSN cards/Microsoft points online recently so you'd get charged but receive no order number and no code, so I have to wait until they reissue a gift card to me. I would've used it for this.. lol.

Got my ICO/Shadow today. Didnt even need a manager override. Probably helped that the girl at the register was someone who I made out a few times with in high school and have not seen in awhile. Back then it probably wasnt the best decission, but if I had not done it back then, then I may not have got the extra 10$ off.

so if i buy a magazine for 4 bucks, i can save 10 bucks on dead island? and 15 on dues ex?

damn that's pretty sweet. anyone knows if the patch for dead island on ps3 has been released or not

:D[quote name='n8dawwg']Got my ICO/Shadow today. Didnt even need a manager override. Probably helped that the girl at the register was someone who I made out a few times with in high school and have not seen in awhile. Back then it probably wasnt the best decission, but if I had not done it back then, then I may not have got the extra 10$ off.[/QUOTE]

your past helped you save money lol:D

Sorry I keep putting Kyle to PM on the BBY forums. He oversees most of it, but Mike is heading up the Ico/GoW coupon. He has stated if you purchased the game an were denied using the coupon to PM him. I can't tell you exactly what he is going to do, but in the past they have awarded RZ points for the size of the coupon.

He has also said that you an post in enuf's thread there or pm mike your stores info as he has been calling up problematic stores to enloghten them

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Sorry I keep putting Kyle to PM on the BBY forums. He oversees most of it, but Mike is heading up the Ico/GoW coupon. He has stated if you purchased the game an were denied using the coupon to PM him. I can't tell you exactly what he is going to do, but in the past they have awarded RZ points for the size of the coupon.[/QUOTE]

i got a stupid question for you please dont mind

on the front page its says dead island for 30 when i go to bestbuy its full 60 what gives?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Sorry I keep putting Kyle to PM on the BBY forums. He oversees most of it, but Mike is heading up the Ico/GoW coupon. He has stated if you purchased the game an were denied using the coupon to PM him. I can't tell you exactly what he is going to do, but in the past they have awarded RZ points for the size of the coupon.

He has also said that you an post in enuf's thread there or pm mike your stores info as he has been calling up problematic stores to enloghten them[/QUOTE]

Yeah I PM'd him, so we'll see how it goes. I'd prefer to get the store to refund me but I suppose RZ points aren't a bad option. I don't see why they haven't just fixed it so that it doesn't need an override.

bread's done
Back