Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters All Characters + All DOA5 & DOA5+ Costumes $19.99 on PSN - Million Fighters Set - 3 Weeks Sale

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
PS3 only. Xbox 360 does not have Core Fighters.

Does not included the newly released Marie Rose.

Just to put it in perspective, each character is normally $3.99 which adds to $34.99 for the whole set. All DOA5 & DOA5+ 81 costumes set is normally $39.99. So for $20, you are getting $75 worth of content which is pretty good since DOA5 stuff are never on sale.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/doa5u-million-fighters-set-%28characters-costumes%29/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-B000000000000322

If this is truly a price mistake, then I expect the price will hike to $29.99 for the remaining duration of this promo when the store updates tomorrow.Those of you still thinking about it need to think fast.

lol. On the bright side, you'll find more online players on PSN in this game than on 360. i do agree XBL is much better as a wholely integrated network whereas PSN is more like its pieced together with duct tape. Example, on-the-fly achievement sync vs time consuming manual trophy sync. Everything is download, install, then play on PSN where XBL is just download and play.
MPoWeR are you pretty good at DOA? I haven't put as much time into DOA5 as I have the previous games. I think in both DOAU and DOA4 I made it to about B+ / A- in rank but in DOA5 I haven't got past D rank with about 30-40 wins. I think its because of how ranked matches are set up. I think before it was any matches whereas now letter grade is only dependent on ranked matches which can be a burden to look for.

I did however get all the achievements in DOA5 (survival 100 wins on all the harder difficulties was a pain) and I am like 20 or so online matches away from completing DOA5U.

MPoWeR are you pretty good at DOA? I haven't put as much time into DOA5 as I have the previous games. I think in both DOAU and DOA4 I made it to about B+ / A- in rank but in DOA5 I haven't got past D rank with about 30-40 wins. I think its because of how ranked matches are set up. I think before it was any matches whereas now letter grade is only dependent on ranked matches which can be a burden to look for.

I did however get all the achievements in DOA5 (survival 100 wins on all the harder difficulties was a pain) and I am like 20 or so online matches away from completing DOA5U.
I'm only casually playing DOA5U so I say my skill level is just average. I played a lot more during Xbox days where I had a S rank on DOAU and A+ rank on DOA4. The grading system was far stricter back then. If you lost one battle, it took 5 consective wins to gain back those points, but you can earn them in multiple online modes. In DOA5U, like you said, you can only earn grades on ranked matches and there are far fewer people actually playing that mode post launch. I'm at B on PS3 and C+ on 360. Grades mean a lot less this time around. If someone who never played ranked matches but played a lot of local or lobby matches, he/she with a F rank can easily take out a S rank. Maybe that's why they've now added a U rank and jewel stones ranks above S rank. ;)

Btw, I gave up on the DOA5 vanilla/DOA5+ achievement/trophy for the survival. The only way to win is to cheat the CPU for the entire duration. Not fun at all. DOA5U on the other hand was super easy. I got 100% on both systems, the easiest 1000/platinum of any Team Ninja game.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who doesn't have any of the DOA 5 games which title should I get?  I'm looking for the definitive version.  I'm thinking of getting what the OP listed and maybe the vanilla version of DOA 5 for the story mode.

As someone who doesn't have any of the DOA 5 games which title should I get? I'm looking for the definitive version. I'm thinking of getting what the OP listed and maybe the vanilla version of DOA 5 for the story mode.
It depends on how much you care for costumes. If you care a lot, then go with my OP. If you don't care for them, then get the retail DOA5U disc. You'll have everything from the get go except the DLC costumes. The standard disc already has a fair share of on disc costumes to unlock so if you are not too into the series, just go with retail. Of course, if you are a fan like me, you'll be paying $150-$200 for all DLCs thus far. I know there will be more to come.

As someone who doesn't have any of the DOA 5 games which title should I get? I'm looking for the definitive version. I'm thinking of getting what the OP listed and maybe the vanilla version of DOA 5 for the story mode.
As of right now there's no reason to get anything besides the full retail version of Ultimate if you're only looking to get one thing. There's no real point to getting the vanilla version at all now.

The Million Fighters Set is really only worth buying if you want the additional costumes. It also allows you to play the game until you do get the retail version, which is the case for me.

What sucks is when you forget where you left off on the download queue. Cause I'm not about to sit here for 2 hours just to install costumes 1 by 1. They straight up made us work for this so called"deal" lmao

Yeah, as someone else mentioned, forget about the vanilla version, especially if Tecmo isn't supporting it anymore.

Anyone else having problems trying to download the costumes on the PSP Vita? I'm getting downloading error codes (C0-103xxxxxx) or something when trying to download the PSP Vita versions from my download list. :(

Anyone else having problems trying to download the costumes on the PSP Vita? I'm getting downloading error codes (C0-103xxxxxx) or something when trying to download the PSP Vita versions from my download list. :(
Maybe you can try this if that is giving you problems: If you have a PS3, try to download it to the PS3 then transfer it to the Vita. I think that is possible.

bread's done
Back