[DEAD] Price mistake: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Blu-ray] $18.99 @ FutureShop.ca

Oh wow, this is definitely worth a try. Too bad this isn't at BestBuy, it would have the little sword with it!

M2176093.jpg

If I didn't have my parents' credit card memorized I wouldn't have bothered, but what the hell. I'd rather have the extended editions, but I can sell this again for $30 no problem in the future.

[quote name='game_fanatic']If I didn't have my parents' credit card memorized I wouldn't have bothered, but what the hell. I'd rather have the extended editions, but I can sell this again for $30 no problem in the future.[/QUOTE]

This set already has 9 bluray discs, how big is the extended edition going to be!?

[quote name='matsam']This set already has 9 bluray discs, how big is the extended edition going to be!?[/QUOTE]

The extended would probably be the same amount of discs, which is more frustrating I think. It's clearly going to be a double dip in the future.

WTF I'm trying to re-order it again with a PSN card added on to meet the minimum for free shipping and they're adding a $55 special delivery charge. Oh it's just that they don't sell the network card online so for some reason they add a $55 charge if you try to buy it... makes no sense to me.

I was able to complete the order, using Visa. I just ordered 3 copies to get free shipping, probably just going to return 2 to a store when I get them.

[quote name='Icetron']I was able to complete the order, using Visa. I just ordered 3 copies to get free shipping, probably just going to return 2 to a store if I get them.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

:D True, I remember they didn't honour one thing last time. Would be sweet if this goes through since I've really never seen any of those movies lol.

[quote name='Icetron']:D True, I remember they didn't honour one thing last time. Would be sweet if this goes through since I've really never seen any of those movies lol.[/QUOTE]
Some of the best movies of all time! Even if they don't come in, you got to watch them somehow. \\:D/

People complain this isn't the extended version and I can sort of get their point. I prefer the theatrical release though. They are long enough as it is. Makes it easier to have a marathon session on the weekend and watch them all at once. I do it at least once every year or two.

Good luck with this. I'm guessing they realize "the mistake" and cancel everyone's order before they're shipped. I'm content with my order from WBShop.com for $50.75 with free shipping and no tax.

Thanks for the heads up, mine has finished processing (finalized) so I should expect to see it soon.

[quote name='dieN']Thanks for the heads up, mine has finished processing (finalized) so I should expect to see it soon.[/QUOTE]

Congrats then. :applause:

If something seems too good to be true (the Tekken 6 bundle error for $14.99 is one of the few exceptions to this rule), it usually is.

It's nice to see things like this slip through the cracks so that we all can benefit from it.

Got the SE extended edition DVDs as a gift when they were first released and even in SD they're a sight to see.

For 20 bucks, even if they're the theatrical cuts, I may have to dive in. But since I'm happy with DVD quality right now anyway, I can wait until the extended cut BRs get released.

Edit: And according to this, the extended cut will be coming out, "eventually".

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Congrats then. :applause:

If something seems too good to be true (the Tekken 6 bundle error for $14.99 is one of the few exceptions to this rule), it usually is.

It's nice to see things like this slip through the cracks so that we all can benefit from it.[/QUOTE]

What Tekken 6 bundle error? Sounds like it's no longer applicable but I'd still like to know when this happened and where...

I might have to do this. Do they have to honour the price if you pay for it at that price? There's no way they can just not give it to you, is there? I can see how they could just cancel the orders... but that'd be pretty lame. Understandable, but lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dieN']Thanks for the heads up, mine has finished processing (finalized) so I should expect to see it soon.[/QUOTE]

How long did you have to wait?

BTW, for anyone needing a lot of filler to get free shipping, Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery (for DS) is now 20 bucks and is definitely worth playing. Fans of side scrolling platformers should not miss this one.

It's from the same creators of the excellent Legend of Spyro: GBA, Spiderman: Web of Shadows DS (both great but short games) and Xmen Origins: Wolverine (haven't played this one since this is more combat focused).

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']
People complain this isn't the extended version and I can sort of get their point. I prefer the theatrical release though. They are long enough as it is. Makes it easier to have a marathon session on the weekend and watch them all at once. I do it at least once every year or two.[/QUOTE]
I would rather watch these theatrical ones, the extended ones are way too long. I've never even watched part 3 extended cause I fell asleep half way through 2.

As I said before, extended cut for me. Part of the reason why I watch the movies is because of the story; but most of the reason for watching is for the visuals, and having more to see, even if it does drag a bit (haven't noticed myself) is never a bad thing. Not to mention surround sound.

Though, anyone know if the br have remixed 7.1 sound or is it just uncompressed 5.1?

Edit: O, a quick search answered my own question.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4241
[quote name='bluray.com'] DTS-HD Master Audio 6.1.[/quote]

Not 7.1 but nice nontheless.

[quote name='poiuiu']Part of the reason why I watch the movies is because of the story; but most of the reason for watching is for the visuals, and having more to see ... is never a bad thing.[/QUOTE]
Normally I would agree with you 100%, but when the length of a movie affects my enjoyment negatively then it's not worth the extra material. I don't remember what 1 was like, but 2 dragged on and on and I literally fell asleep cause it wasn't interesting. If you didn't feel the same way then that's cool, I'm just saying how my experience was. I don't have anything against long movies, but they need to have good pacing and hold my attention.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I noticed that other edition, and it didn't say Steelbook did it? It said Futureshop exclusive packaging.[/QUOTE]
Click on the image. ;)

M2176094_1.jpg

March 25th 2010

Dear valued customer,

We are contacting you directly to inform you of a pricing error that occurred on March 24th on your futureshop.ca pre-order of the Lord of the RingsTrilogy (Blu-ray) New,,WebID: M2175972.
There was a pricing error and you were charged $18.99 for your purchase instead of the correct price $49.99. This error was fixed immediately once we became aware of it.

We have faced these situations before and always look to our guiding principles to help us make good decisions. We take the trust you have placed in us as your online electronics store very seriously and strive to balance both the financial viability of the business with doing everything we can to provide excellent customer service.

We will honor the $18.99 price point for one unit to all customers who placed an order while the incorrect price was displayed on the site. For your particular order, multiple units were ordered at the incorrect price, the order will be cancelled and you will receive notification via email. Please place a new order for one unit on futureshop.ca and insert the eCertificate provided below to obtain the discounted price.

Your eCertificate code is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ($31 Promotional Credit) :D

How do I use my eCertificate code?

If you have received an eCertificate code from futureshop.ca, you can enter the code on the Cart page or the Review & Payment page during checkout.

IMPORTANT: eCertificate codes are easy to use for your online purchases, however you must have an account and a valid credit card* to redeem them. Simply enter the code when you add items to your cart.

*Your credit card will be charged only if the total amount of your purchase exceeds the total value of your eCertificate.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You should receive your unit at $18.99 plus applicable taxes and fees as soon as product is released.

Enjoy the movie and thank you again for your patience and continued loyalty to futureshop.ca.

Sincerely,

The Future Shop team

Best Deal of the Year! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Normally I would agree with you 100%, but when the length of a movie affects my enjoyment negatively then it's not worth the extra material. I don't remember what 1 was like, but 2 dragged on and on and I literally fell asleep cause it wasn't interesting. If you didn't feel the same way then that's cool, I'm just saying how my experience was. I don't have anything against long movies, but they need to have good pacing and hold my attention.[/QUOTE]
Well, that's the thing. The second movie suffers the same way that all over middle parts of a trilogy will suffer: since they're the middle, it didn't start anything nor will they end anything. In other words, part 2 (of 3s) is the red headed stepchild that not many people will like. Neither will it have the strong start, or the ending that closes up the loose ends. All it can do is continue part 1 so it connects to part 3.

That and also, from what I remember, a lot of people thought part 2 dragged on as well. Hell, I typically don't remember what happened generally in part 2, though I remember important scenes well in part 1 and 3.

What I'm saying is, I understand why you may not like it, even though it's probably not the real reason why. :p

Damn, missed out on this. I have all three extended edition, but I too enjoy the theatrical cuts, and would have loved to have had these for so cheap. Congrats to those of you who scored a copy.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Damn, missed out on this. I have all three extended edition, but I too enjoy the theatrical cuts, and would have loved to have had these for so cheap. Congrats to those of you who scored a copy.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't congratulate anyone until they're holding their copies in their hands :lol:

[quote name='poiuiu']Dammit, now I have to watch the trilogy this weekend. Assignments be damned.[/QUOTE]
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to watch the LOTR trilogy this weekend.

bread's done
Back