DEAD: RE4 $38.00 @ outpost

oh thats right i remember when outpost did this with san andreas. it took a couple months to ship out the game, but they did eventually honor the low price

[quote name='dracula']oh thats right i remember when outpost did this with san andreas. it took a couple months to ship out the game, but they did eventually honor the low price[/quote]

Months? Really? Mine was delivered on October 28th, and I got in on the $34.99 with free shipping deal.

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='deathadder']I would becareful guys... I called Outpost to cancel my order since I couldn't cancel with Gamestop. The Customer service rep told me that the game is now backordered until Feb. She canceled my order....[/quote]

I ordered tonight and my status is now listed as "Partial Backorder". #-o
I wish there would have been some mention of this before I placed my order. I'll probably not cancel though, as I don't really have time to play it right now anyway.

Edit: What's the difference between "partial backorder" and backorder?[/quote]
The same thing when I ordered Fable, it shipped roughly 2 weeks later.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Can someone tell me if the CE one comes with the Strategy Guide? Or is that just the art book?[/quote]

Art book, cell art of Leon, and a soundtrack.

I ordered earlier. I thought i may as well just order online for $15 cheaper since my cube is sitting in my dorm till the 26th. I placed the order and it charged me for shipping, so i called customer service minutes later and the refunded the shipping.

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']Free shipping wasn't an option for me, so I didn't order. :whistle2:/[/quote]
it's not an option.

you have to select ground shipment or something before you complete your order and it will show you in the total page.

You have to click on ground shipping on the last page before you order it. It'll subtract it then. It took me a while also.

It's not showing free shipping for me either. I selected ground shipping on the last page and it shows the price as $6.93. This is the page right before you submit the order.

So I called the sales department and found out that you actually have to complete the order for it to subtract the shipping charge. However when I checked the order email it still had the charge for shipping on it. I called outpost back and they did a reversal on it and sent me a new email with a new order number. Not sure if everyone will have the same problem.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']So I called the sales department and found out that you actually have to complete the order for it to subtract the shipping charge. However when I checked the order email it still had the charge for shipping on it. I called outpost back and they did a reversal on it and sent me a new email with a new order number. Not sure if everyone will have the same problem.[/quote]

The sales dept lied to you.....

When you selected ground shipping....the credit was automatically deducted before you submitted the order. Good luck..... :cool:

[quote name='onikage']I called Outpost and was told that all their RE4 orders will be shipped on Feb. 11th.[/quote]

Did you make a mistake by writing Feb instead of Jan?

I called Outpost and was told that all their RE4 orders will be shipped on Feb. 11th.

I called last week and they told me all orders ship Wedesday January 12.

I started ordering from Outpost a few months ago. Every single order I've placed has shipped the day of release. I'd expect RE to definitely ship Wednesday, and I should get it by Friday or Monday at the latest. I've never had a problem with them, even when people post that you get games weeks after release.

does "all" mean backorders as well?

Every time I've done a preorder with them, it always shows up as backordered. I guess they just do that since the game isn't in stock yet, it technically is a backorder.

[quote name='heffaji'][quote name='onikage']I called Outpost and was told that all their RE4 orders will be shipped on Feb. 11th.[/quote]

Did you make a mistake by writing Feb instead of Jan?[/quote]

I didn't make a mistake, but I'm pretty sure the sales rep I spoke to did. I asked if he was sure that they were shipping the game in Feb. and not Jan. and he said "yes". Hopefully they will ship this week and we will all have the game by Friday.

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='heffaji'][quote name='onikage']I called Outpost and was told that all their RE4 orders will be shipped on Feb. 11th.[/quote]

I didn't make a mistake, but I'm pretty sure the sales rep I spoke to did. I asked if he was sure that they were shipping the game in Feb. and not Jan. and he said "yes". Hopefully they will ship this week and we will all have the game by Friday.[/quote]
i would cry if i had to wait til feb. i would probably just buy another copy and ebay the outpost one when it shows up

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='heffaji'][quote name='onikage']I called Outpost and was told that all their RE4 orders will be shipped on Feb. 11th.[/quote]

I didn't make a mistake, but I'm pretty sure the sales rep I spoke to did. I asked if he was sure that they were shipping the game in Feb. and not Jan. and he said "yes". Hopefully they will ship this week and we will all have the game by Friday.[/quote]
The CSR I spoke to yesterday said the computer indicated a 2/11 ship date, but he knew the game was supposed to come out 1/11. He said if I called back Monday, he may have an update on this.

Anyone else think this is a good sign of an opening week sale at frys? (The retailer attached to outpost.com)

I sure hope so, as It would be cheaper for me to pick it up in store at the same price, as a result of the shipping charges.

You can still get free shipping if you call, but the lady i talked to said that they were out of stock until their feb. shipment and said that the feb shipment was backordered also, so i dont know when i would get the game.

should i still order it at this price?

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Anyone else think this is a good sign of an opening week sale at frys? (The retailer attached to outpost.com)

I sure hope so, as It would be cheaper for me to pick it up in store at the same price, as a result of the shipping charges.[/quote]

It's $39.99, arriving on Wednesday. It was in the San Jose Mercury News yesterday :D

I got the February 11th line last night as well. Cancelled it immediately & will go get it today after work.

Nice price if you don't plan on playing it immediately, but I see this stringing out for awhile.

All preorders will ship on 12 January. Anytime you preorder an item at outpost, it is considered a backorder and the item ships 1 day after the release date.

Customer Service always says that the system does not state when it will ship.

Don't cancel prematurely.

I think the rep think the game come out on the Feb 11th instead of Jan 11. Because that is what the computer is showing. So thats probably way they say its back ordered till February. I'm guessing its a little miscommuncation and do you guys think every rep have a clue about the products your calling in about? They probably never heard of the game RE4. They just type it in and tell you the date that the computer have it which is a mistake. So don't act all crazy like those folks in RE4.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Free shipping appears to have expired. I have updated the OP.[/quote]
Thanks

I received a newsletter from outpost.com this morning and its says that Resident Evil 4 Pre-Order ships 1/12.
Well, we'll see tomorrow. I hope you're right Oxybeles.

[quote name='kungfujoe']I just got an e-mail telling me it's backordered.[/quote]

Ditto and it still says backordered when I go to the order info. Oh well, I guess I'll have time to really get to know the demo.

i called outpost and mine is expected to arrive february 20th. this isn't a problem for me, but some of you might want to call and check. the number is 1-877-688-7678.

No email or charge to my card. Decided to call them today (at the above ph#) and the rep assured me this order should be filled no later than 7pm tomorrow (1/13/05).

Here's hoping! I've never been so highly anticipating a game since back in the 80s when a new Castlevania game would come out.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']when did you place your orders?[/quote]

i placed mine on either sunday or monday, but then called them and got combined the RE4 purchase with LOZ:MC to get free shipping on both. they had to cancel my previous RE4 order to combine it, so that is why mine is coming so late.

[quote name='freestylenut'][quote name='SoulEdgeVII']when did you place your orders?[/quote]

I ordered a little later than most. Friday 1/7/05.[/quote]

So did I. hopefully mine isn't in the February pile.

I placed mine on Friday (1/7) in the mid-late afternoon.

I called and the service rep. said that they are getting them in later than they expected, so probably within the next few weeks...

*sighs*

[quote name='oddjob93']I just got an email telling me it shipped.[/quote]

Oh really? Why don't you post the e-mail. Just take out the tracking number.

bread's done
Back