[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I might get Persona 4.

Which one? I've been tempted by the Blu but it's dub only. I still hold out hope that we'll get a sub/dub Blu release, instead of just buying the DVDs.

This sale has made me realize just how much I don't know about anime.  I keep looking for something familiar I might want and I've never heard of 95% of these lol.

The Persona 4 prices are pretty good if you want to get it. Enjoyable show. Someone said it has the same characters as the game, but I never played it.

Any thoughts on Gasaraki? I think of myself as a fan of mecha, but I've never watched one that I truly enjoyed as much as a Gundam series, so take that as you will. The show has mostly 1 star and 5 star reviews on amazon, so it's hard for me to read between the hyperbole. lol

I liked gasaraki, but it dragged on quite a bit.  It's action scenes try to be more realistic and less over-the top explosive action.  The plot's a real mess at times too, which is a shame because it relies pretty heavily on it.  That being said, the mech design is pretty good and the military use of them is spot on too (like say Patlabor or 08th MS Team).

$20 is a good price for the series, and it should have no problem filling the expectations of a series at that price.  It won't become your favorite series, but you won't consider it a waste either.

These prices seem pretty awful TBH.  I know I bought FLCL from Amazon last year for about $11 and it's nearly double that in this 'sale'.  Now I'm afraid even if I do see something I like come up, it will be a bad price.  Not to mention shipping kills any deal by itself. : \

These prices seem pretty awful TBH. I know I bought FLCL from Amazon last year for about $11 and it's nearly double that in this 'sale'. Now I'm afraid even if I do see something I like come up, it will be a bad price. Not to mention shipping kills any deal by itself. : \
Depends on what you want, I suppose. I believe Amazon usually does have FUNi and Sentai titles for much cheaper than TRSI ever offers them.

Depends on what you want, I suppose. I believe Amazon usually does have FUNi and Sentai titles for much cheaper than TRSI ever offers them.
Only on the Funi stuff. The Section 23 stuff are generally reasonably priced during these sales, but the Funi stuff is cheaper because Amazon only runs sales on Funi titles for the most part, however, Section 23 titles have been cheaper at other places such as DeepDiscount as it usually is during this time of the year. Rightstuf is basically a mix of all titles during these sales, Amazon for Funi, and DD for Section 23, although most of their sales were at their peak during BF, so now it's still not bad, with some still cheaper than Rightstuf, but not as many.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but the Shinji Ikari Raising Project manga is funny as hell if you're an Eva fan. It's mostly sitcom-y, but still funny. Oh, and Gendo goes from being a dick to a dad trying to be super cool crazy awesome but failing miserably.

Also, if you do not own Abenobashi, you are under orders to correct this mistake.

This is my first year to watch this 12+ days of savings. Is it possible that the last few days will have even lower prices on some of these same anime series that are part of the current "waves" or "days", or does that not generally happen?

This is my first year to watch this 12+ days of savings. Is it possible that the last few days will have even lower prices on some of these same anime series that are part of the current "waves" or "days", or does that not generally happen?
I do not recall that ever happening, but there's a first time for everything.

I do not recall that ever happening, but there's a first time for everything.
Thanks for the reply, that's good to know. There were a couple of series from "Wave 1" and "Day 4" that I was trying to decide on. I didn't want to buy anything from Wave 1 and end up kicking myself if I saw it cheaper in the following Days.

This sale is OK but extremely predictable in prices for everything. It's not hitting me hard at all, but yeah just not getting excited enough at the sales which is alright. I do wish there were some more variances in the prices though esp for much older stuff (though I noticed some old stuff with a healthy discount though it isn't as common).

Already placed one order once I hit free shipping, not sure if I'll be placing another. There are a few things, but no must haves so far. This sale has been alright so far, looking forward to the last few days!

Been watching this day-by-day but not enough yet to trigger an order.  Already got some of the Sentai stuff for similar prices elsewhere and many of the Funi sales prices are not competitive atm w/Amazon.  Oh well, still a few days to go.

Any thoughts on Gasaraki? I think of myself as a fan of mecha, but I've never watched one that I truly enjoyed as much as a Gundam series, so take that as you will. The show has mostly 1 star and 5 star reviews on amazon, so it's hard for me to read between the hyperbole. lol

As someone else said already, it drags on quite a bit. I love mecha anime, but the political machinations and then all the economic talk literally put me to sleep a couple of times when I watched it as it was originally being released(I think it's the only anime to do that to me) I mean they talk extensively at one point about the grain markets in Tokyo.

My backordered arakawa under bridge bundle I ordered back on the 27th finally came in.

Which one? I've been tempted by the Blu but it's dub only. I still hold out hope that we'll get a sub/dub Blu release, instead of just buying the DVDs.
Oh crap they are dub only? That blows...the dub better be good, I didn't know that they were dub only. What a bummer.

Oh crap they are dub only? That blows...the dub better be good, I didn't know that they were dub only. What a bummer.
If you played Persona 4 and enjoyed the English Voice Actors, I think you would like it; they reprised their roles (cept for Chie I think.)

Probably the DVDs since I want to listen to both Dub and Sub.

Ooof, today's list is rough.

If anyone listened to me and bought the Guin Saga DVDs earlier, I apologize.  If you didn't, then feel free to buy the blu ray now and go "Wow, I'm sure glad I didn't listen to that Roger guy."

Best value of the day, hands down.

[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Towanoquon Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $69.98 Your Price: $14.99*(79% Off) [/SIZE]

Might be a pricing error though.
Agreed, although I don't think it's a pricing error. They had it for $25 both with and without their coupon codes in the past, so I could easily see them knocking an extra $10 off.

Oops, I just noticed the DVD listing.

300 minutes, but only 6 episodes?  What, 50 minute episodes or they're padding that with the extras?

Also, lmao Seikon no Qwaser.  Friend trolled me into watching one of those once and I don't understand how that's not behind the 18+ banners lol.

Meh, I've been burned with blind buys on anime before and shipping really kills it for me.  They need more stuff for cheap.

Hmm, do I get Amagami SS complete set, or save a few bucks and get the 2 collections?

Anybody know if the complete set is standard size or one of the extra thick cases like Sentai's previous sets?

And yea, as soon as I read the back of the box for Qwaser I immediately put it back.

With the amagami ss collections, is possible that they would adjust the price to current one if I placed an order a couple days ago? My order is still in process at the moment.

Hmm, do I get Amagami SS complete set, or save a few bucks and get the 2 collections?

Anybody know if the complete set is standard size or one of the extra thick cases like Sentai's previous sets?

And yea, as soon as I read the back of the box for Qwaser I immediately put it back.
I hope I caught you in time. The complete collection set in this sale is for Amagami+ which is a second season of the show. As far as I know the first series is only available in the individual collections (of which, number 1 only had about ten copies when it was put up and was out of stock last night).

I hope I caught you in time. The complete collection set in this sale is for Amagami+ which is a second season of the show. As far as I know the first series is only available in the individual collections (of which, number 1 only had about ten copies when it was put up and was out of stock last night).
Yeap, what Roger said. First Series is 24 plus OVAs. Amagami Plus is only 13 or so. Should've caught the run time of the series.

Guess I'll hold off on pulling the trigger on the stuff I want and just finish out a few more days, but this is just not a very good sale this year for me. Was really hoping for bigger discounts on Blu-ray upgrades on stuff like Patlabor, but it will have to do since I doubt they will get marked down any more anytime soon.

Agreed, although I don't think it's a pricing error. They had it for $25 both with and without their coupon codes in the past, so I could easily see them knocking an extra $10 off.

Oops, I just noticed the DVD listing.
It been $19.99 few months ago and i missed. I'll pick it up next week with few box sets ;)

For people who have p4 the animation...DVD or BD?
I don't have it, but it depends on your preference of language really...since that may decide if it's a "pass" or "buy."

DVD - has both English/Japanese voice tracks

BD - only has the English voice track

There was only one other thing in stock that was $15 and I can't even remember what that was now lol.  IF Time of Eve weren't discontinued then yeah, I'd maybe get it all.

Man, these sales are getting worse and worse, at least for my interests. I think part of it is that the deals are a lot less impressive in the face of Amazon's low prices and constant sales. Here's hoping 11 and 12 are crazy good.

bread's done
Back