[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent price on Claymore, but doesn't beat what I paid two years ago for it.

Ooh, Garden of Words isn't bad for $14 but it is rather short.

There's some decent stuff in day 2 for people other than myself.  The Fairy Tail collections are cheaper on Amazon (and absolutely worth $22.50), but Baka and Test and No.6 are both cheaper at Right Stuf.

It's too bad that I just bought the last two Claymore volumes. They're only like $3 off a piece, but it's still kind of annoying. I just finished re-watching it, and I'm finally reading it now. While it is still ridiculous shonen, I appreciate that it has some more mature, gritty things happening and that no character is ever really safe from being killed off at a moment's notice.

Crossing my fingers that TRSI puts up the Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Blu-ray sets on sale. I bought sets 1 and 2 a few years ago when they were on sale from Amazon and liked all the goodies FUNi packed in (including the cover art since they're the same ones as Japan) as opposed to the cheap-looking full collection sets.

I got No.6 last year and loved it. It's an awesome price this year.

Yeah, I'm seeing some more good deals in the Day 2 selection. I'll still probably hold off for the moment, but we're getting there. At least two or three items I would be willing to consider.

After the beating my wallet took on on Black Friday I'm glad there isn't much I want from Right Stuf so far. Will definitely get Garden of Words along with Children who Chase Lost Voices along with something else.

After the beating my wallet took on on Black Friday I'm glad there isn't much I want from Right Stuf so far. Will definitely get Garden of Words along with Children who Chase Lost Voices along with something else.
Does Children have a deeper plot than two people meet, fall in love, with giant monster battles? I was watching it for about 20 minutes and just got bored with it.

Boy, Right Stuf and I just don't seem to be on the same page this year.

Things worth considering for anyone that is wondering:

Fate/Stay Night blus (or DVD is you're so inclined)

Gunslinger Girl blus

Ruin Explorers

Yea, I already have all the good stuff on this page. I do find it funny that right after I get done bashing the Angelic Layer manga in the other thread it appears on sale.

Is Otoboku any good or is it standard fare ecchi?

These sale items last until Christmas right? I want the Ninja Scroll and the DBZ Movie 7 and 9 blus, but not much else. Want to get to the $50 free shipping.

Is World God Only Knows pretty good? Also, is that a good price for the two seasons? Been considering it for a while.

Was also considering Gunslinger Girl and possibly Fate/Stay Night. Anything else you guys would like to recommend?

These sale items last until Christmas right? I want the Ninja Scroll and the DBZ Movie 7 and 9 blus, but not much else. Want to get to the $50 free shipping.
You are correct. They last until Dec. 25th.

"Order early and often! Keep an eye out for counters quantities on some items are limited! Remember the sale ends on December 25, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CT!"

Yea, I already have all the good stuff on this page. I do find it funny that right after I get done bashing the Angelic Layer manga in the other thread it appears on sale.

Is Otoboku any good or is it standard fare ecchi?
To me, Otoboku is good since it's one of my favorite animes. And the price is good too. There really isn't that much ecchi in the series to be honest other than some random groping. And them in bikinis at one point. Just a story about a guy who's forced to crossdress and stuff happens. :lol:

Gunslinger Girl should be in everyone's collection. At least Season 1. Season 2 is still good, but not as much of a masterpiece.

Wow, $41 premium for the Fate/Stay Night blu's over DVD? That's kind of stupid. I know they were released relatively recently compared to the DVDs, but I would think we're paying for CONTENT and not format. I'm pretty sure the bluray video isn't that much better, but hey I might be wrong.

Gunslinger Girl should be in everyone's collection. At least Season 1. Season 2 is still good, but not as much of a masterpiece.
Agreed. +1 recommendation for Gunslinger Girl on blu-ray. A series well-worth having.

I also don't mind a more gradual ramp-up to must-have deals. I've already spent more on deals this season than I probably should have. A bit of a break is welcome. It's fine for me if this sale takes its sweet time.

Is World God Only Knows pretty good? Also, is that a good price for the two seasons? Been considering it for a while.

Was also considering Gunslinger Girl and possibly Fate/Stay Night. Anything else you guys would like to recommend?
Yes to all three. $25 is as low as TWGOK BD ever gets. Gunslinger Girl you should at least get S1. S2 is also good and worth a buy if you can. The op song for S1 is one of my favorites and made me a fan of The Delgados. For F/SN I would say save your money and get the DVD, but I've never seen the BD so maybe someone can say if it's worth the extra $41.

I would also recommend:

School Rumble - one of my favorite anime, get both seasons if you like high school slice-of-life romantic comedy

Baka and Test - hilarious, get both seasons (if this is a good price?)

Steins;Gate - awesome but cheaper at Amazon

Trigun - classic with lots of style and great soundtrack. I think $20 is as low as it has been

Kind of recommend:

Penguindrum - total mind fuck. Only get if you don't mind your mind having your mind fuck ed

Wait, there's penguins  in Penguindrum??!!

(takes a few minutes to look up reviews and find some vague information on the series)

I have to get this series now.  Not because of the penguin thing, but because my initial impression of the show was clearly completely off-base.  I saw the cover images (combined with the name penguindrum) and basically wrote it off as a Clamp-y, Kaleido-star type series.

Wait, there's penguins in Penguindrum??!!

(takes a few minutes to look up reviews and find some vague information on the series)

I have to get this series now. Not because of the penguin thing, but because my initial impression of the show was clearly completely off-base. I saw the cover images (combined with the name penguindrum) and basically wrote it off as a Clamp-y, Kaleido-star type series.
How dare you even compare it to kaleido star?!
*flips table*

Wait, there's penguins in Penguindrum??!!

(takes a few minutes to look up reviews and find some vague information on the series)

I have to get this series now. Not because of the penguin thing, but because my initial impression of the show was clearly completely off-base. I saw the cover images (combined with the name penguindrum) and basically wrote it off as a Clamp-y, Kaleido-star type series.
Oh, goodness no, not that there's anything wrong with Kaleido Star. Penguindrum is all kinds of awesome, and while it starts out a bit fluffy, it quickly move into some dark territory. It's also by the director of Utena, and it shows, though Utena is definitely the stronger of the two. Still, I highly recommend it - just avoid the dub.

Ikuhara's shows (Utena and Penguindrum) have this really awesome quality about them that makes them nearly infinitely rewatchable.  Some of his characters just feel so incredibly real that, when you revisit the show, you can understand why they're acting the way that they are, and everything they do just makes sense.  You also pick up on all these small bits of foreshadowing and allegory that are completely lost on you the first (and second, and third) time through.  I'm *still* finding new stuff to enjoy in Utena, be it a brief visual metaphor, or the tone in someone's voice in a particular scene, and I've probably watched the whole thing 15 times or more by now.  The man is a mad genius.

Still waiting for something to really wow me, but Peguin Drum and the Berserk movies are definite pickups. Did they ever fix the audio issues for Kids on the Slope on the Japanese track?

How quickly do they usually get backordered things? I placed an order over the weekend for some things that all showed in stock and available. Checked the status today and it says "all backordered". 

How quickly do they usually get backordered things? I placed an order over the weekend for some things that all showed in stock and available. Checked the status today and it says "all backordered".
Check the availabilty of the individual items now. I ordered five things that were in stock and one preorder set and the initial email said "all backordered" even though the nonpreordered stuff was still in stock. Eventually they broke off the preoder and shipped the rest.

Still waiting for something to really wow me, but Peguin Drum and the Berserk movies are definite pickups. Did they ever fix the audio issues for Kids on the Slope on the Japanese track?
Yep. They recalled them pretty quickly after it was reported and posted about it on their Facebook.

Okay, so I ordered 2 different sets of thing. My first order was all wave 1 stuff and I ordered it the day all the wave one stuff started. The second set I didn't order till after wave 3 was out. I got an email saying my second order has shipped, but nothing about my first order and I'm not sure if I should do something about it. This is the first time I've ordered from rightstuf.

Okay, so I ordered 2 different sets of thing. My first order was all wave 1 stuff and I ordered it the day all the wave one stuff started. The second set I didn't order till after wave 3 was out. I got an email saying my second order has shipped, but nothing about my first order and I'm not sure if I should do something about it. This is the first time I've ordered from rightstuf.
Give it time, they might just be waiting on a shipment for something.

They have excellent customer service, so if you are concerned give them a call. They won't mind. But I wouldn't worry about it just yet. They are pretty quick on orders, but I imagine the sales they've had the last few days have set them back a little.

If you have anything that is backordered in your order, then they will wait until it comes back in stock before shipping out your shipment, except if it gets to a point where it takes too long, then they may just split it out separately.

Check your order status, and see if there is anything that is on order from manufacturer on any of the items.

Also, it's only been about two days, so I'd give them more time. It's surprising you got your second order shipped so fast, and I would say that is more unusual if anything.

Yep. They recalled them pretty quickly after it was reported and posted about it on their Facebook.
Okay cool, gonna go ahead and grab that too. Just waiting a few more days so I can do one big order. Honestly, my one hope is that Aniplex prices some stuff down a bit more, as Durarara is at a lower price of $130 (lol), but I would love for it to be lower so I can finally just buy it after waiting a few years.

In all the years I've shopped at Right Stuf, and all the orders I've placed, only once were they unable to fulfill something that I ordered from them.  In case you were curious, it was a limited edition dvd set that I ordered towards the tail end of it having a counter in their system (it may have actually been the last copy).  They thought they had more stock than they did, and the company that made the box set refused to ship them any more.

bread's done
Back