[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
!!! That Utena bundle will be mine!!!!! Loved watching the series on YouTube but I loved it so much I want to own it!!

For utena is the DVD the best version? I heard there was a blu ray but that dat bundle artwork and dat ring.
If we're talking about NA releases, then yes, in NA only the DVD versions exists, and best version of the release for NA is this one.

The show is an older show (mid to late 90s I think), so it's not widescreen, and the best you'll see on bluray is some touching up, which I know Nozomi did for this dvd release anyway.

If the blu ray comes to us will that be the best or is DVD good enough?
*If* the Japanese Blu-ray release were to come to America, that would be the best version, but since Nozomi has the license, and they have yet to release any of their titles on Blu-ray, it may never happen. So, at least for now, these DVD collections are as good as it gets. (Which is pretty darned good, because they put a lot of effort into the remaster to touch it up.)

And again, this is my favorite anime *ever*.

I have a question about the berserk remastered .Is there a significant difference between the original dvd release to the remastered one? Any help is greatly appreciated

I have a question about the berserk remastered .Is there a significant difference between the original dvd release to the remastered one? Any help is greatly appreciated
The video in the remastered does look better than the previous release, plus it retains the original Japanese opening on the episodes. The discs have really nice art on them in the remastered release too.

I have to agree with Kirin about Utena. Pretty excellent anime. Me and my wife enjoyed if thoroughly. As for me, I am waiting until all waves to complete my order. I am going for the old school anime on the list. So far I have Chance Pop Session, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Diamond Daydreams, Jubei-Chan, Moeyo Ken, and the Rose of Versailles collections. They are super cheap and might as well pick them up.  Have tried in the past to pick up Noein but fate does not want me to get it for some odd reason. They had this same issue with stock the last time on it.

This is an odd question to be in this particular thread at this time, and I'm not sure that the answer you got earlier works. If you're talking about the 6 disc set (in a single dvd sized case) put out by Media Blasters/Anime Works four years ago, then yes the earlier answer given applies to that set. If you've found it somewhere for a reasonable price you should absolutely get it as a quick search showed it going for $85 at the cheapest. That set has been out of print for some time.

However if you're talking about the DVDs/BDs in this sale, those are not the TV series. They're 2 of a 3 movie series covering the golden age. Think of them as the Berserk equivalent of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies we're getting (1.01, 1.11, 2.22)

Shoot... I ordered the Utena Bundle last night but I check the website today and its says the ring is no longer offered. Maybe the ring was discountinued after I completed ordering my item after work last night. I finished my transcation where I left it in the cart so I don't know if the ring was oos last night instead of today. My email confirmation doesn't say anyting about a ring so I'm not sure i'm getting the ring now...

I placed an order back on the 27th and I got the Arakawa Holiday Bundle, Madlax, Noein and Yozakura Quartet and all were showing available when I ordered them but now they all show backordered D:

I placed an order back on the 27th and I got the Arakawa Holiday Bundle, Madlax, Noein and Yozakura Quartet and all were showing available when I ordered them but now they all show backordered D:
I ordered Clannad and Clannad After Story when the third wave started, and they both said they were in stock. They have my After Story, but the first season is on order from the manufacturer. Hope it doesn't take too long, but at least I have some other things to watch while I wait. :whistle2:o

On a side note, last holiday when I ordered some items they arrived with the back of the cases having heavy wrinkles/waves in the plastic? Anyone else have experience of this? I haven't had it happen since then, but it just jumped back in my head and I was curious.

Does anyone know if rightstuff automatically splits off preorders? I have an order that looks to be in limbo cause I added a bluray with a February release. The FAQs suggests they'd split it but the automated emails say sorry we're still waiting for one item.

Does anyone know if rightstuff automatically splits off preorders? I have an order that looks to be in limbo cause I added a bluray with a February release. The FAQs suggests they'd split it but the automated emails say sorry we're still waiting for one item.
They don't split it unless they have to, but they usually wait awhile to make that decision.

It's basically the same rule that applies to backordered items, as they'll wait until the entire order is complete before shipping it out as they don't like to ship things separately.

They don't split it unless they have to, but they usually wait awhile to make that decision.

It's basically the same rule that applies to backordered items, as they'll wait until the entire order is complete before shipping it out as they don't like to ship things separately.
They will check your other orders to see if there are enough items to warrant a shipment. I also think that they have a firm grasp on who their regular customers are, as I've had several instances of them sending me just one book by itself that was part of a larger order.

They will check your other orders to see if there are enough items to warrant a shipment. I also think that they have a firm grasp on who their regular customers are, as I've had several instances of them sending me just one book by itself that was part of a larger order.
It takes them awhile to decide sometimes though, depending on how far away the item is.

I've had large orders where they just for the life of them would not let it go, and I end up getting antsy after 3 weeks and cancel it, lol.

I guess it does help though if you are a Got Anime member, maybe give you a bit more leverage. ;D

Patlabor - you sons of ....

Anywho, day 1 is up. Hopefully 100 people don't buy Dirty Pair while I sleep on it. I was also surprised to see GitS Arise on there. Does anyone remember what they were charging for it pre-sale?

Sorry for the hard to read text.

Rightstuf chose a very dense color for the links, but I re-adjusted the text color, so it should be easier to see now.

O.O Dirty Pair!! And the LEs, too!

Random_anime_Gif_2_by_Ghost999ART.gif

Bought the bundle and Utena Set 2. Oh yea, the Wave stuff is still on sale.

The Dirty Pair set is a definate must for anyone still considering.  I bought the LE's when they came out, no early buyers remorse on them at all.  Considering GITS Arise but like a lot others I'm hoping for a dub release down the line.  I might get the Patlabor Blus, can't remember if I already have the TV series or not though.  Still unless the stuff has a counter I'll hold out for a few more days to see what else is in the pipeline.

Patlabor - you sons of ....

Anywho, day 1 is up. Hopefully 100 people don't buy Dirty Pair while I sleep on it. I was also surprised to see GitS Arise on there. Does anyone remember what they were charging for it pre-sale?
GitS was $50, IIRC. Was looking at it recently cause of part 2's imminent release.

Bleh...Pretty poor showings for the first Day. I don't buy anime too often, but pretty sure I picked up at least a 15 sets during this sale last year. Well, 11 more days to go!

Thoughts on Angel Beats? $24.99 is a good price.
I personally loved Angel Beats. I bought it for $25 from my local used movie store a while back. I would suggest picking it up, but you could most likely wait until later on to see the rest of the items to go on sale.

I hope the waves continue until the end of 12 days sale. broke from Black Friday sales and don't get check until the end of this week. orz

couple of items I want but still not at a price point i'm okay with.

I hope the waves continue until the end of 12 days sale. broke from Black Friday sales and don't get check until the end of this week. orz

couple of items I want but still not at a price point i'm okay with. <$20 or bust is my motto. :(
They may be nice like what they did last year, and just let it ride. ;D

I personally loved Angel Beats. I bought it for $25 from my local used movie store a while back. I would suggest picking it up, but you could most likely wait until later on to see the rest of the items to go on sale.
Second this. Angel Beats is good and that price is reasonable.

So day 1 sales won't end when day 2 sales start right? Want to grab enough things to get free shipping but the only thing I want from day 1 is Witchblade. 

bread's done
Back