[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
So, when you add something into your cart from Rightstuf does it take it out of the available stock for people to order? Because I had Tylor in my cart, refreshed the Tylor's page and saw it was sold out. At that point I was slightly bummed, but then I noticed it was still in my cart? I removed it and refreshed the page and it was back with 1 stock. Added it and put in my order with that and Tari Tari. Lets see what happens! :D

Def gonna have to grab GitS and hope to god that 2nd gig is part of wave 3. There's a few anime legends sets I would love to have with them being out of print.

I've heard good things about Moribito, so I'll probably grab it too.

If an item is in your active cart (ie not saved) then it is subtracted from the total and held for you. If you wait too long it will get cleared out, but you should be fine (unless they oversold them).

If an item is in your active cart (ie not saved) then it is subtracted from the total and held for you. If you wait too long it will get cleared out, but you should be fine (unless they oversold them).
That is actually really cool, I never knew that! I'm looking forward to watching it if all goes well and I have been eyeballing Tari Tari for a while.

Still considering Tsuritama and/or Kids on the Slope, but I don't want to blow all my money on things before the 12 day sale even starts.

Might pick up the Utena series with my next order,wanted some opinions on it.
I have heard some great things about Utena from a lot of my close friends. When I first read the description of it I thought it sounded like something I wouldn't like, but the more I look at it........ughhhhh. I can't spend almost $100 more before the big sale can I?!?! Decisions, decisions.

Think rightstuf might have Wolf Children blu-ray any cheaper during the sale?  Trying to decide if I should wait or get it now.

Think rightstuf might have Wolf Children blu-ray any cheaper during the sale? Trying to decide if I should wait or get it now.
Seeing how its not even out yet it probably won't be included in any of its sales this year, or any other site's sale for that matter.

I'm guessing you missed the Amazon dotd when they had them for around $20 a pop. It was when they had the fma brotherhoods and DB stuff on sale too. I haven't seen them as low as that since then though.
Yeah, I completely missed that. Hopefully they get to right around that price again from amazon or rightstuff during the black friday / holiday sales.

Yeah, I completely missed that. Hopefully they get to right around that price again from amazon or rightstuff during the black friday / holiday sales.
Indeed. If anything it'd be a bit cheaper on Amazon since last year they seemed to have Rightstuf's number on the Funi titles.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised you missed that dotd though. It was completely random, and really didn't fit into any specific anime sale going on at that time. They just felt like it that day. :p

Chiming in a late here with an alternate opinion...

I bought His and Her Circumstances (KareKano) a while back. It was so long ago I forgot who the original publisher was. ADV? Either way, I was going in thinking it'd be a great series since it was by GAINAX after all, but found myself hating the characters as the series progressed. I just couldn't relate to a bunch of smart, rich kids who faced relationship issues. The ending of the series absolutely no sense either, kind of like they pulled an Evangelion (TV) on the audience just because they knew they would never catch up to the manga. My sister liked the series enough upon viewing it to buy the manga, but she felt the same way that I did in regards to the character and how their "circumstances" wound up making them unlikable.

So in short, I would recommend not getting the series. I know we should support anime and all, but if you're strapped for cash, save your money and get something else like Tylor or Utena.

Can't believe I missed that Tylor combo. I was just thinking about finally picking it up. Fingers crossed for a restock.

I bought His and Her Circumstances (KareKano) a while back. It was so long ago I forgot who the original publisher was. ADV?
For US release it's always been Rightstuf or as their known publisher names now Nozomi/Lucky Penny/Critial Mass.

I thought KareKano was originally Central Park Media?

Anyway, the ending was the way it was because the original manga author despised by the anime.

I thought KareKano was originally Central Park Media?

Anyway, the ending was the way it was because the original manga author despised by the anime.
The only R1 release for the anime has been by Rightstuf, though they did obtain the license through a middle man(Enoki Films USA). Tokyo Pop had the manga US rights and Geneon released the soundtrack I believe.

I just realized even though I bought the series when it was first released, I've never finished it. I think I got to the thrid disc. Not because I didn't like the the show, I think it just got lost in the backlog :lol:

Ugh. I really want that Utena Collection.

Also, I would recommend Michiko to Hatchin. That series is amazing.

Utena is really well done but I don't know what to compare it to. It follows a serious-comedy-serious-comedy episode cycle and some of the comedy episodes get really out there (in a hilariously good way). The music will haunt you well after you've stopped watching.

The first two episodes are available on Youtube; check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/show/revolutionarygirlutena

Seems pretty good from what I've seen so far,the music is definitely one of the highlights.Not sure if am going to throw down for the set,but have to see how the budget looks after black friday is said and done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Spent about 70 so far on Aria,Captain Tylor set,and Redline. Might pick up Michiko to Hatchin and reading up on that

Sold out again. Really want to know if I'm going to enjoy this series or not. Blind buy that I honestly only bought because the whole thing costed as much as the lithograph by itself.

Sold out again. Really want to know if I'm going to enjoy this series or not. Blind buy that I honestly only bought because the whole thing costed as much as the lithograph by itself.
Worth it easily, even without the lithograph.

Amazon has part 1 LE of Michiko Hatchin for $30.96 instead of $34.99.
Indeed.

It was released at that price on Amazon, so it's been the same price ever since then.

Was able to grab one of the Tylor restock.  I added the Vesperia Blu to top it off for free ship, but I was so happy I got one of the Tylor combo sets I decided to also grabbed Aria S1 set.

I wish this sale didn't overlap with black thursday, but I might pick up a few things after I see how much I do spend.

bread's done
Back