[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Squarehard--out of all of Wave 3, only the Toradora! bundle tempts me, though $27/set still seems a bit high...Could they possibly reappear cheaper during the daily Christmas deals?

Thanks, Squarehard--out of all of Wave 3, only the Toradora! bundle tempts me, though $27/set still seems a bit high...Could they possibly reappear cheaper during the daily Christmas deals?
They probably won't double dip since they might decide to keep the sales from these waves going like last year, so who knows. They may run certain codes during the Xmas sales towards the end though from their Facebook to get last minute sales, like $5 off, but other than that they'll probably stay in these waves.

Well, the stock counters forced my hand. I picked up Nura pt 2 and Time of Eve on blu ray. I picked up a used copy of Nura 1 for around $10 and was pleasantly surprised by the show.

What about Black Butler, is it something I should keep in my saved cart?

What about Black Butler, is it something I should keep in my saved cart?
They're saved in my cart, and they're actually priced well compared to some of their prior pricing on the other Funi blu/dvd sets, so the chances are pretty good I'll be checking out with those at some point.

Lots of good stuff in the third wave.

Attack on Titan bundle, Berserk blus, Guin Saga are all things I'd get if I didn't own them. The newer stuff isn't too badly priced either.

This is the cheapest I've seen any Gundam Unicorn Blu-rays. Are they going to release the rest of them for that price too, or no? I don't want to just get the first two and not the rest.

Anyone who has it, just how bad does the Drrr lunch box look? It seems like something that would be difficult to display well.

Wave 3 is pretty awesome. Got the two Berserk movies, Ghost in the Shell, One Piece movie 8, and The Children Who Chase Lost Voices. Thinking about buying the Attack on Titan books too.

Does anybody recommend Time of Eve?
I would highly recommend Time of Eve. It is a very thought-provoking series, quiet and introspective. I found it similar to many of my favorite short Isaac Asimov stories. Don't go in expecting action or tons of drama. But for a taste of some solid sci-fi, it fits the bill.

I finished Birdy a few days ago and liked it. $15 isn't a huge deal considering Amazon is currently selling for $21, but if you need a buffer to get to $50 this is a decent choice.

This sale keeps pissing me off lol.  Nothing I want and yet I keep seeing things like Berserk and the FF artbooks I would have saved money on.  Not a huge amount, like $4-8 each BUT STILL.

I finished Birdy a few days ago and liked it. $15 isn't a huge deal considering Amazon is currently selling for $21, but if you need a buffer to get to $50 this is a decent choice.
Birdy the Mighty Decode is an excellent show, merely an adequate sale price here that isn't worth focusing on by itself but it certainly is as you suggest a quality title to round off an order.

There are some nice prices on Viz titles and others, but largely moot to me as i have such things as the Berserk movies (for close to these prices with discounts) already.

I didn't notice this at first, but they made a note that the counters on Nura and Inuyasha are there because they're only selling a limited number of sets at that price. Once they get through those it will still be in stock, but it will be at the regular price.

This is different than what they've done in the past, so I thought it was worth bringing people's attention to it.

I didn't notice this at first, but they made a note that the counters on Nura and Inuyasha are there because they're only selling a limited number of sets at that price. Once they get through those it will still be in stock, but it will be at the regular price.

This is different than what they've done in the past, so I thought it was worth bringing people's attention to it.
Interesting. I guess that explains the counters for those then. :D

I wish the Inu Final Chapter blus were cheaper. I just don't want to pay that much for them, so I guess I have to keep waiting!

If you haven't seen Gantz BUY IT NOW. I've seen hundreds of animes but none have ever been as good as Gantz. It's the greatest anime of all time.

Anyone know if Revolutionary girl Utena sets ever go on sale on rightstuf?
They are on sale in wave 2, and it's listed in the op under the spoiler.

They are on sale in wave 2, and it's listed in the op under the spoiler.

Again, I'l like to emphasize - BEST. ANIME. EVER. Subjectively, of course. But it's really frickin' great, and so very, very worth that price. PLUS you get the ring as a bonus, which is too cool for school.

Again, I'l like to emphasize - BEST. ANIME. EVER. Subjectively, of course. But it's really frickin' great, and so very, very worth that price. PLUS you get the ring as a bonus, which is too cool for school.
VdW4so3.png

$90 for an outdated anime with 5 minutes of reused animation per episode ain't a good deal. At $90, people should be putting that money toward an Aniplex title.

Waiting til tomorrow to see how much I end up spending on Black Friday stuff at other places but (assuming they are still in stock) I'll prob. order Birdy, Clannad dvd collection, Clannad AS dvd collection, and Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu ray. 

If you haven't seen Gantz BUY IT NOW. I've seen hundreds of animes but none have ever been as good as Gantz. It's the greatest anime of all time.
Too bad it kind of just stopped instead of ended. I had to read about the Manga to get more details about the world.

So uh, I got bored and downloaded the first two episodes of Time of Eve and now I think I'll just buy the whole thing for $25.  Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep references and food for thought?  Here I thought intelligent anime was dead!

That said, never ordered from these guys before: do they take paypal and not require you to sign up for an account?  Trying to figure out something else to buy for free shipping, but I might wait for later waves.

Bah, just realized it's OOS.  It's funny: the left side I was looking at says in stock but on the right it's sold out. . .

So uh, I got bored and downloaded the first two episodes of Time of Eve and now I think I'll just buy the whole thing for $25. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep references and food for thought? Here I thought intelligent anime was dead!
It's not really "intelligent" unless you consider "are robots actually people?!" to be the most important philosophical question of all time, ever. In which case, pretty much every anime with android girls is gonna blow your fucking mind.

I'm bummed I missed out on Time of Eve. Not sure if I'm gonna get anything from the waves, just because I don't want to spend a lot now and not have enough for the 12+ days. I REALLY hope they extend this through the 12+ sale so that it's easier to make choices.

bread's done
Back