Dead Rising 3 Megathread

koalak

CAGiversary!
vE8NBWP.jpg

Available exclusively for Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 marks the return of one of the most popular zombie video game franchises. Set 10 years after the events of Fortune City in Dead Rising 2, players are introduced to Nick Ramos, a young mechanic with a strange tattoo and a mysterious past, who must find a way to escape a city full of zombies before an impending military strike wipes the city of Los Perdidos, California, and everyone in it, off the map. Nick can’t do it alone – he must join up with other survivors to stay alive. They must fight their way out before it’s too late.

With an immersive open-world experience, intense action, and unmatched level of weapon and character customization, a new generation of zombie-slaying fun has arrived with Dead Rising 3.

All New City, Massive Open World
Featuring a massive and dynamic world, Dead Rising 3 represents a new benchmark for open-world gameplay. Powered by Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 lets you explore the city of Los Perdidos while staying immersed in the action and stunning new-generation visuals.

Two Screens, More Action
Xbox SmartGlass offers a more connected Dead Rising 3 experience. Use your SmartGlass enabled device to connect to the Zombie Defense and Control network and gain access to exclusive missions, new weapons, powerful military support features and more!*
*Compatible device with Xbox SmartGlass app and internet required; ISP fees apply.

Sense the Danger
With Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and will react to you calling out for a more immersive experience. Use motion controls to point and command your survivor posse and even yell insults to taunt your enemies.

World
One of the largest cities in Southern California, Los Perdidos is a leading national center of business, culture and the center of the entertainment industry.

Zombies
The zombies of Los Perdidos are smarter and deadlier than ever. With intelligent AI and shared awareness, players will be forced to employ all of their cunning, combat skills and creativity to stay alive.

Weapons
In Dead Rising 3, players can create their tools of zombie destruction, enabling unique and unforgettable gameplay moments. The action is gorier than ever as players survive and strike back at their undead attackers in new and imaginative ways. Dead Rising 3 also places a new emphasis on vehicles. But watch out – zombies cling to cars and attack you while driving!

Vehicles
Dead Rising 3 places new emphasis on vehicles not only as transportation but as an extension of combat and survival. You’ll be able to build and customize a huge variety of unique combo vehicles like the devastating RollerHawg, a hybrid between a motorcycle and a steamroller. But watch out — zombies cling to vehicles, affecting the steering physics, and attack you while driving!

Yeah good review over at Gametrailers.com. Disappointing on the combo vehicles but I think having the option to do whatever you want, make combo weapons wherever you wanted, save any time and fun co-op is all going in the right direction. DR1 - I hated, DR 2 - I liked

This is pretty much the game i bought the XB1 for.  Its installing right now and im counting down til the bar hits 100%.

It would seem no stores nearby have the Day One edition, yet I can find it online. I can get $12 off this game at Best Buy, so the question is this: is the Day One content worth the extra $12 I'll spend, given that I like the standard edition box art better as well?

Love this game so far. The only thing that upsets me is that there are launch week challenges that I will not be able to complete since I have to travel out for the holiday to visit my wife's family  :bomb:

I'm loving it. Game is so fun just picking up random items and killing zombies. I enjoyed the first one, but wasn't really into the 2nd. I like the time limits being removed. It makes it much more fun.

having a great time with it as well.. definitely some of the most interesting weapons I've seen in a game

teddy bear turret and blanka helmet that lets you unleash electrical attacks :)

Love this game so far. The only thing that upsets me is that there are launch week challenges that I will not be able to complete since I have to travel out for the holiday to visit my wife's family :bomb:
Ugh, I feel your pain on that one. I'm busy sweating it out and hoping that Amazon delivers my Day One edition in time.The wait is killing me.

It came in. Only got to play for a little bit last night but it was so much fun. DR1 was the reason I bought a 360 and DR3 is why I bought the X-One. Looks great and plays great. I can't wait to get home from work today and spend some serious time with it. 

Wow this game is so much fun. While the graphics aren't leaps and bounds better then DR2, the improvements are just staggering: No load times outside of intial loading and some cutscenes, like even 3x more zombies on the screen, combining weapons on the fly, time limits extended by a lot (thought they got rid of them but they are still there, but they last a long time), controls greatly improved, etc. Capcom really went all out without this title and I'm surprised It's under a 80% right now on gamerankings/meta critic.

Big games, with multiple scripted objects moving around = heavy CPU/GPU load, therefore not a huge graphical improvement if you look at screens back to back. However it's like you said wow there's no loading screens and tons of zombies on the screen, yup.

I beat the game last night.  I got 100/101 of the blueprints so I'm racking my brain as to which one I'm missing.  There are no blueprint dots on the map so the only thing I an assume is I missed something during a mission. 

I guess the only way is to actually go one by one with a checklist.  Sounds like fun...

I have put so much time into this game so far and so glad I decided to get my Xbox One first (had to choose between this and PS4 at launch). It is "the" reason I bought the Xbox One and I have not regretted it in the least.

Love this game so far. The only thing that upsets me is that there are launch week challenges that I will not be able to complete since I have to travel out for the holiday to visit my wife's family :bomb:
I missed the launch week challenge for completing chapter 7 by like an hour because family decided to come visit on Black Friday wrecking my game plan and it was considered "rude" to play while they were here :oldman:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have put so much time into this game so far and so glad I decided to get my Xbox One first (had to choose between this and PS4 at launch). It is "the" reason I bought the Xbox One and I have not regretted it in the least.

I missed the launch week challenge for completing chapter 7 by like an hour because family decided to come visit on Black Friday wrecking my game plan and it was considered "rude" to play while they were here :oldman:
Haha you just don't get it guyyyyyz. :rofl:

Anyone have a list of all the Voice Commands for the game?  I noticed that changing clothes is one.  Maybe it's in the help screens.  Loving the game thus far.

Ugh, finally beat Overtime more for Ending S. Made it to the end with no weapons and pretty much had to pickup melee weapons to get the job done. 

Last night I was farming some PP on Chapter 8 when the game kicked to the dashboard. I quickly re-started and in the middle of the opening cut scene the Master Builder achievement popped. I only have 51 of 100 blueprints.

I usually save the fetch quest type achievements for the end. The annoying this is that I still have to collect all the blueprints for Duct Tape Master. 

I was trying to make roaring thunder combo weapon with a blanka mask and battery and when I picked the mask up I put it on my head and can't figure out how to take it off and combine it with a battery or just take it off. Any help please? :)

Just started playing this last night. Game seems like a lot of fun. I would like to play some co-op or MP so send me some friend requests please!

DONNIE IS 2FAST

I was trying to make roaring thunder combo weapon with a blanka mask and battery and when I picked the mask up I put it on my head and can't figure out how to take it off and combine it with a battery or just take it off. Any help please? :)

there are two types of blanka masks and reaper masks. The one you found is the clothing item. I don't know how to tell which is which by just looking at them, but the clothing item one will always automatically go on your head, and the weapon one will be carried around.

there are two types of blanka masks and reaper masks. The one you found is the clothing item. I don't know how to tell which is which by just looking at them, but the clothing item one will always automatically go on your head, and the weapon one will be carried around.
Ok, how do I take it off?

I have played the other 2 games but holy hats does this one blow it out of the water. It seems a lot more accessible than the other 2 (then again I am playing on Story and not Nightmare mode). I have 3 days left and at Chapter 5. Its so fun dressing my dude up like a serial killer "Servo bot head + Fur coat plus jeans and fire fighter boots*.

What is everyone's favorite weapon? I rock the shit out of the Electric sledgehammer  (sledge + Battery) best thing for crowd control that I have found.

Anyone interested in playing I am lvl 27 now  usually on around 10pm -3am EST

GT: Sleep Hastings

I have played the other 2 games but holy hats does this one blow it out of the water. It seems a lot more accessible than the other 2 (then again I am playing on Story and not Nightmare mode). I have 3 days left and at Chapter 5. Its so fun dressing my dude up like a serial killer "Servo bot head + Fur coat plus jeans and fire fighter boots*.

What is everyone's favorite weapon? I rock the shit out of the Electric sledgehammer (sledge + Battery) best thing for crowd control that I have found.

Anyone interested in playing I am lvl 27 now usually on around 10pm -3am EST

GT: Sleep Hastings
Blanka mask and battery is my favorite combination. I just love that something like that is in the game.

yea I hit level 50 last night and am on Ch. 7 on Nightmare. guy came in my game when I was playing overtime and dropped the blaster for me then left . Played all of Nightmare with it and Big D's gun for humans. 2 shots from Big D's gun on most humans and its over lol.

Haha, well this thread was buried, yeah I'm a little late to the after party.  :p

So I picked this up from Gamefly's sale and wow I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I would. I too ran into the occasional crap that's with Capcom games but overall I'd say I had an enjoyable experience tonight. I sorta ran out of vehicles and was very surprised that the custom badass vehicle I made was destroyed in less than a minute. Wha?

After playing Dead Rising 1, being bundled with my Xbox 360 Pro system back in '06, It really now feels like I'm playing the next iteration Xbox console. Love the amount of zombies on the screen sometimes, freakin' crazy. Funny thing was I said the same thing back when DR1 came out.  :rofl:

yea you have to upgrade that skill when it is fully upgraded your car is basically invincible and you can basically make any vehicle with any vehicle same goes with combo weapons. Mega man blaster is the best though when you get a chain going you gain levels pretty fast. 

Thought i'd give the thread a bump now that "Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX+ Alpha" is announced.

Capcom y u do dis?

I had to reinstall my entire game and download the patch... but im sure it will be worth it lol

Dead Rising 3 is on sale for Xbox Gold Members for $40, down for $60. Additionally the Season Pass is $20 down from $30.

I can't verify if the Premium Edition is also on sale since I bought the regular edition before checking, if so I assume it's either $50 or $60 down from $80.

(Edit) Saw on Reddit the Premium Edition is $60. I believe it comes with the game+the Season Pass, and some additional goodies.

Hmm there's a lot of good buzz about that new 4 player co-op DLC.
I think it's a lot of fun but it feels rushed in a way. For starters the online match-making is pretty crappy and takes forever to load up, and when you do get a match beware if you get some annoying kid with a mic or someone playing music because as far as I know you can't mute people.

Also unfortunately it feels frustratingly difficult to play it by yourself so it practically insists you play with a party.

Those of you that are playing this, would you mind sending me a friend request? I am totally lost in this game and could really use some help. Thanks!

DONNIE IS 2FAST is my GT.

Those of you that are playing this, would you mind sending me a friend request? I am totally lost in this game and could really use some help. Thanks!

DONNIE IS 2FAST is my GT.
Not playing anymore, but what problems are you having?

They didnt include Super Ultra in the season pass did they???

If it's only the 3 little stories then $20 is still too much IMO

bread's done
Back