Dead Rising (Xbox 360) $15 at Amazon

brand new, great price, i paid 60. it so much fun and has tons of replay value. your charactre keeps his level when you restart, and you only get one save. and save spots are sparse. and a great story.

it challenging, but awesome. buy it!

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']brand new, great price, i paid 60. it so much fun and has tons of replay value. your charactre keeps his level when you restart, and you only get one save. and save spots are sparse. and a great story.

it challenging, but awesome. buy it![/QUOTE]

I second this. EASILY worth the money.

[quote name='fart_bubble']the only thing that sucks is all the small font text[/QUOTE]

AGREED! I rented it and couldn't read shit with my SDTV. :bomb: Had to return it. Beware if you don't own a HDTV! Good price though.

I saw this earlier before there was even a post here. I was going to pick it up, but figured I'd have at least a few days to decide. Why is the price back up after a matter of hours? Can I expect it to go back down?

I tried playing this game, but I sucked at it. I couldn't get past the chick on the motorcycle.

I've got a guy on my friend list who has all the achievements in this game. I don't know how he did it.

[quote name='Hoffer']I tried playing this game, but I sucked at it. I couldn't get past the chick on the motorcycle.

I've got a guy on my friend list who has all the achievements in this game. I don't know how he did it.[/quote]

You have to go back and start the game all over again. The game actually encourages a couple of "practice" runs until you get powerful enough to beat it. The small text size is another small complaint against the game but it's a very well put together game with alot of little things that you'll catch on a second, third, or fourth playthrough.

I had a crap-ton of fun with this game, even though I pretty much couldn't read most of the onscreen text on my SDTV. I was playing with a FAQ so it wasn't that big of a deal. Something to be aware of though. Damn fun game though.

One of the best games this gen.

$15 is a absolute STEAL.

Hell, cheesing Genocider acheivement alone is worth that much

[quote name='eastx']Has this been on sale new for less than $15 before? Probably not...[/QUOTE]
I was at TRU last week and saw it for $9.98.

[quote name='oremites']I was at TRU last week and saw it for $9.98.[/quote]

Yeah, but unfortunatly your chances of actually finding a TRU that still has a copy is not that good so this is a pretty good deal for the rest that can't get it at that price.

I'm probably just gonna get it used for ~15$ at gamestop after the 20% cellphone coupon... Odds are you would probably be stuck with "Platinum Hits" box art from CC or Amazon.

what the shiz! It's $20 :( Still don't own a copy and refuse to buy it unless on sale, only because I ALWAYS miss the good deals on this game.

[quote name='fart_bubble']the only thing that sucks is all the small font text[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cleaner7']AGREED! I rented it and couldn't read shit with my SDTV. :bomb: Had to return it. Beware if you don't own a HDTV! Good price though.[/QUOTE]

This is why IMO this generation of consoles REQUIRES an HDTV or monitor, though every time I say that I get a truck load of people claiming you don't need to read text to enjoy a game...which...fine, to each his/her own.

The demo seemed really fun though. I would have bought it, but can't order anything until Saturday :whistle2:/

Honestly this and Lost Planet interest me soooo much more than Devil May Cry 4 (although that was better than I expected, but I still couldn't beat it).

I'm so getting this if I can get it $15 or less. I would have paid $60 when it was released but of course, I didn't have a 360 then. At this stage, I'm too cheap to settle for a more expensive price and I need too many Goozex points to get it for "free". I might have to comb the TRUs in the area for that $9.98 deal.

This game is worth buying for at about $10-$15, but not much more. It's more of an interesting rental than an entertaining game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']This is why IMO this generation of consoles REQUIRES an HDTV or monitor, though every time I say that I get a truck load of people claiming you don't need to read text to enjoy a game...which...fine, to each his/her own.

The demo seemed really fun though. I would have bought it, but can't order anything until Saturday :whistle2:/

Honestly this and Lost Planet interest me soooo much more than Devil May Cry 4 (although that was better than I expected, but I still couldn't beat it).[/quote]

yeah I hate my tv (I don't even have the separate color connectors just yellow for video). I had a hard time reading the text in Mass Effect but I got by. It's very annoying. Here's to hoping I don't have a problem with Fable 2.

Save up some cash for a cheap HDTV before you buy any more games. That would be my suggestion. Your eyes will thank you. Cheaper than glasses or contacts in the long run.

[quote name='depascal22']Save up some cash for a cheap HDTV before you buy any more games. That would be my suggestion. Your eyes will thank you. Cheaper than glasses or contacts in the long run.[/quote]

that could be a good idea, since my eyes are f'ed up as it is lol. I might be getting a new pc at xmas so I could just get a monitor with a vga port and hook it to that.

I tried the demo of lost planet and couldn't get into it. From what i could tell, i was a jawa with a grappling hook and machine gun.

[quote name='JolietJake']I tried the demo of lost planet and couldn't get into it. From what i could tell, i was a jawa with a grappling hook and machine gun.[/quote]

I'd so buy a game where you were a jawa lol

fuck, missed it! I don't want to go to CC, but if i must, i must. You guys convinced me to give it a try (although i hope they have non-PH).

I missed out on the Amazon $14.99 and felt bad so I just got one at CC for $14.99. There were only 2 left.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='imacgod']This deal has been and is dead. Why is the thread still alive?[/QUOTE]

Is the answer, "Because the Dead are Rising?"

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hahahhaha o hHhH U MADE A FUNNY! lol but deal is active at CC[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you saw what I did there, I was worried.

I assume PH and that's why I'm holding back right now.. another nice cover ruined.. I'd love to know if anyone with prime got their copy already to confirm though.

[quote name='Bad']I assume PH and that's why I'm holding back right now.. another nice cover ruined.. I'd love to know if anyone with prime got their copy already to confirm though.[/quote]

Yeah I assumed Amazon would match the Circuit City offer and I bought it with my free 1 month trial of Amazon Prime. However I have no idea what this PH business is. Anyone like to inform me?

I just bought it also less than 20 mins ago. Just logged on here cause I remember Circuity City having it for $9.99 a while ago. Or maybe it was somewhere else or maybe I made it up? I can't seem to find any record of it ever being $9.99 at any common store and I'm not counting TRU since I haven't even heard of that store.

bread's done
Back