Dead Space 2 -- Discussion

Did anyone that ordered this from Amazon get a $20 game credit? The email they sent when it shipped said I would get one, but I still have yet to get any credit in my account.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how come the dead space 2 collectors edition box says "downloadable zealot force gun and suit" but i cant seem to find a code for that anywhere....?[/QUOTE]

The code for these is the same as the online pass in the CE. Once you put in your online pass, it will unlock the suit and gun.

[quote name='slickkill77']Did anyone that ordered this from Amazon get a $20 game credit? The email they sent when it shipped said I would get one, but I still have yet to get any credit in my account.[/QUOTE]

I don't ever remember seeing a $20 game credit with Dead Space 2... I was on the lookout for sure and definitely paid full price in the end. My receipt has no info about a $20 credit either...?

[quote name='jaredstorm']Awesome man! Thats what I'm going through now, just passed chapter 6, how close am I to disc 2?[/QUOTE]

I really don't recall now when I got prompted to switch discs. There are 15 chapters, though, for what it's worth, so you have a bit of ways to go in the game.

[quote name='phantasyx']there going to release DLC for Hardcore mode like ammo, health or saves, how lame I knew they were going to charge for that.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? If so, shame on EA. I generally don't get too riled up about DLC. I don't care about stuff like the packs they already have up. If people wanna buy stuff to have different skins or slightly better stats, that's their business. But to deliberately make an extremely hard mode like Hardcore and then sell stuff that's already in the game is beyond messed up.

What makes Hardcore mode "hardcore"? Didn't notice a difference on Impossible in the first after completing Normal.

There never was any pre-order credit via Amazon. Only Dead Space: Ignition codes.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I really don't recall now when I got prompted to switch discs. There are 15 chapters, though, for what it's worth, so you have a bit of ways to go in the game.[/QUOTE]

It was pretty much in the middle of chapter 7, go figure right!?

EDIT: I still don't know why the 2 discs were necessary. :roll:

Oh ok. Maybe its because it was a multi-game order and the automatic system just messed up.

[quote name='Necrozilla']What makes Hardcore mode "hardcore"? Didn't notice a difference on Impossible in the first after completing Normal.

There never was any pre-order credit via Amazon. Only Dead Space: Ignition codes.[/QUOTE]

Very limited ammo, and the big one: You only get three saves the whole game. When you die you get sent back to a save point. As far as I know

Lol at the Hardcore bonuses, but SPOILER ALERT.

From what I understand, Hardcore only lets you save three times, but everytime you die, you still respawn at the last checkpoint, right? So just knock the game out in three marathon sessions.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Lol at the Hardcore bonuses, but SPOILER ALERT.

From what I understand, Hardcore only lets you save three times, but everytime you die, you still respawn at the last checkpoint, right? So just knock the game out in three marathon sessions.[/QUOTE]

What I heard was 3 saves, no checkpoints. So you die and go back to save point.

[quote name='faceturd']What I heard was 3 saves, no checkpoints. So you die and go back to save point.[/QUOTE]

God/Allah/The Marker save us all.

Not to toot my own horn, but I've beaten some difficult games and put up with some frustrating shit, like infinitely spawning enemies in various CoD games. But this Hardcore mode may very well test what little patience I have left in me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not to toot my own horn, but I've beaten some difficult games and put up with some frustrating shit, like infinitely spawning enemies in various CoD games. But this Hardcore mode may very well test what little patience I have left in me.[/QUOTE]

Have you already started? I must admit, even on my first normal playthrough I am cataloging save positions in my head and thinking, "Could I make it this far?" Seems like such a long way to go and I don't even know how much harder it will be with less ammo and damage.

[quote name='faceturd']Have you already started? I must admit, even on my first normal playthrough I am cataloging save positions in my head and thinking, "Could I make it this far?" Seems like such a long way to go and I don't even know how much harder it will be with less ammo and damage.[/QUOTE]

Well, as far as saves go, I instinctively thought that every 5 chapters would be good, but I'm not sure. Definitely wouldn't save til after 5, though. Nothing hard enough to kill you in those chapters, really.

[quote name='faceturd']Have you already started? I must admit, even on my first normal playthrough I am cataloging save positions in my head and thinking, "Could I make it this far?" Seems like such a long way to go and I don't even know how much harder it will be with less ammo and damage.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Well, as far as saves go, I instinctively thought that every 5 chapters would be good, but I'm not sure. Definitely wouldn't save til after 5, though. Nothing hard enough to kill you in those chapters, really.[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't started yet. I began a New Game+ to pick some more achievements, and I'm also playing Fable 3. I don't know if I will tackle Hardcore just yet. I want to, though, for the very reason you guys are talking about. I want the game to be fresh in my mind, so I know when a good time to "spend" my saves will be.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Does anybody have any of the DLC suits and/or weapons? I have some leftover Bing Rewards MS points and think I might try and buy a pack or two.[/QUOTE]

You know what man last night I was looking through my guide I bought (Primas limited edition hardback collectors guide) very well done but it had a breakdown of what each suits ability is and what benefits it gives you so I downloaded 2 packs I didn't do Triage.. but it might help when I play on hardcore..

But I will say by far!!!! the bloody one is fucking sick! Its covered in blood as if he just slaughtered 10 necromorphs and bathed in that shit it looks wicked plus the set of guns it comes with it adds a higher percentage of damage. Pretty sweet

The PS store should give you more info on each set but there's 3 suits in two of them and two suits in the last one

Yeah, ended up forgoing the suits, at least until Hardcore.

I need help, however...
Chapter 11 or 12, where you're in space and you have to disable the lasers to get into the tube, I am totally stuck. My first thought was to kinesis something into the lasers so they blow up, but I can't find anything to shoot at them. Then I tried disabling each laser, but you can't do that either. I'm sick of flying around like an idiot.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. Of course I figured it out right after I posted this.

Here ya go guys:

These new downloadable packs include the following: “Hazard”, “Martial Law”, and “Supernova”. Each of them cost $5 each.

Each of them, as you would expect, gives you a number of bonus Suit upgrades, weapon upgrades, and the like.

Here is the full list:

Martial Law Pack — 400 Microsoft Points or $5 on PS3
EarthGov Security Suit (increases damage 5% for detonator, Seeker Rifle, Pulse Rifle)
EarthGov Pulse Rifle (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 10%)
EarthGov Seeker Rifle (increases damage 5%, firing speed 5%)
EarthGov Detonator (increases damage 5%, firing speed 5%)
Bloody Vintage Suit (increases damage 5% for Flamethrower, Javelin Gun, Force Gun)
Bloody Flamethrower (increases damage 5%, reload speed 10%)
Bloody Javelin Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 5%)
Bloody Force Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, firing speed 5%)

Supernova Pack — 400 Microsoft Points or $5 on PS3
Forged Engineering Suit (15% medpack bonus)
Forged Plasma Cutter (increases damage 10%, reload speed 5%)
Forged Line Gun (increases firing speed 5%, alt-fire damage 10%)
Forged Ripper (primary fire lasts one second longer, increases alt-fire damage 10%)
Heavy-Duty Vintage Suit (increases damage 5% for Line Gun, Detonator, Contact Beam)
Heavy-Duty Line Gun (increases reload speed 10%, damage 5%)
Heavy-Duty Contact Beam (primary fire charge reduced by 0.1 seconds, damage increase 5%)
Heavy-Duty Detonator (increases reload speed 10%, damage 5%)
Agility Advanced Suit (10% increases to Stasis duration)
Agility Rivet Gun (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)
Agility Plasma Cutter (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)
Agility Pulse Rifle (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)

Occupational Hazard Pack — 400 Microsoft Points or $5 on PS3
Hazard Suit (5% increase to Stasis duration
Hazard Line Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 5%)
Triage Suit (10% medpack bonus)
Triage Javelin Gun (increases damage 10%, reload speed 5%)
Shockpoint Suit (decreases Stasis recharge 5%)
Shockpoint Ripper (primary fire lasts one second longer, increases reload speed 5%)

So, do you still receive the base bonuses for the suits?? Like the Bloody vintage suit, do you get the weapon bonuses in addition to the 10% store discount?? Also, do you have to have the base suit already?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']So, do you still receive the base bonuses for the suits?? Like the Bloody vintage suit, do you get the weapon bonuses in addition to the 10% store discount?? Also, do you have to have the base suit already?[/QUOTE]
You only get the highest armor % and inventory slots.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Here ya go guys:

These new downloadable packs include the following: “Hazard”, “Martial Law”, and “Supernova”. Each of them cost $5 each.[/QUOTE]

Man, the game industry is so focused on squeezing money out of us for all these add-ons. I get charging for real story-extending DLC and such, but a suit and some new weapons for $5? I dunno, never seems right.

[quote name='faceturd']Man, the game industry is so focused on squeezing money out of us for all these add-ons. I get charging for real story-extending DLC and such, but a suit and some new weapons for $5? I dunno, never seems right.[/QUOTE]
I got my "collectors edition" at the price of the regular edition.. I'm a Dead Space fanatic. So $5 that I would've wasted on some fast food one day or some bs that I don't need ..hmm or a blood drenched suit that looks wicked and kicks ass in one of my favorite games from the start... No brainer!

It's an option for those who like to play from the beginning, gives variety.

[quote name='GUNNM']You only get the highest armor % and inventory slots.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get what I'm asking. I know that you get the highest armor and slots for any suit you've purchased, but for the variations on the other types of armor, do you get the base bonus also? Like, the vintage armor gives you 10% discount when you have the vanilla one. So, if you have the bloody vintage suit, do you still get the vintage suit bonus, in addition to the bloody bonus?? Cuz if you don't, most of the suits are weak sauce.

[quote name='faceturd']Man, the game industry is so focused on squeezing money out of us for all these add-ons. I get charging for real story-extending DLC and such, but a suit and some new weapons for $5? I dunno, never seems right.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with it, though, because buying that stuff does not really improve the experience that much. It'll make the game slightly easier. To me, if people wanna pay for that stuff, and publishers want to line their pockets a bit more, I have no issue, because not owning it does not lessen my gaming experience.

I want to go through this game soooo bad on hardcore, but after hearing there are no checkpoints I don't thing I will be able to do it.

Just finished the game... the un-spoiler thing to say is holy shit, that was awesome. This kind of quality is why I play games. Damn. This is a must-play top-notch title. Yowzers...

And now the spoiler:
12? Really? Shit... that's a lot. The story in this game was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. And that final boss fight was crazy good... died 3 times even on normal and got to see my head on a stick... man, that was great. Also, the music and ambiance of the game is really just a standard for other games to try and live up to. I could praise on and on... but point made. Great game.

Begin rant....

The part in Chapter 7 where the
train blows up in the station
....fuck the developers. I hate those kinds of fucking levels. Where everytime you die you get sent back before the cut scene and you have to listen to it. And then the fight is nice and difficult just to make sure it pisses you off. I hate douche bag levels like this. These are the kinds of levels that make me want to punch a developer in the nuts. I have literally played through it 30 times now.

End rant

FINALLY BEAT IT

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']Begin rant....

The part in Chapter 7 where the
train blows up in the station
....fuck the developers. I hate those kinds of fucking levels. Where everytime you die you get sent back before the cut scene and you have to listen to it. And then the fight is nice and difficult just to make sure it pisses you off. I hate douche bag levels like this. These are the kinds of levels that make me want to punch a developer in the nuts. I have literally played through it 30 times now.

End rant

FINALLY BEAT IT[/QUOTE]
Think that was bad, wait until you get to chapter 15 and the
fucking gauntlet of black necromorphs and a new continually regenerating thing (like the one you burn up with the shuttle engines in DS1) all with no health or time to pick up items from the cabinets liberally placed along the way.
I've got almost no ammo for the PC or PR, and maxed out stasis doesn't last nearly long enough to weave around all the damn bodies jumping from the walls. Officially ready to tear my hair out. And I'm on survivalist.. I can't imagine how infuriating the whole last two levels must be on zealot or hardcore.

*Let me just add that I started the aforementioned section with 5 stasis refills. I now have zero.

[quote name='Pirate331']Think that was bad, wait until you get to chapter 15 and the
fucking gauntlet of black necromorphs and a new continually regenerating thing (like the one you burn up with the shuttle engines in DS1) all with no health or time to pick up items from the cabinets liberally placed along the way.
I've got almost no ammo for the PC or PR, and maxed out stasis doesn't last nearly long enough to weave around all the damn bodies jumping from the walls. Officially ready to tear my hair out. And I'm on survivalist.. I can't imagine how infuriating the whole last two levels must be on zealot or hardcore.

*Let me just add that I started the aforementioned section with 5 stasis refills. I now have zero.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that level was insane, but I love challenges like that. Fortunately, the black necros drop two arm-blades, so if you've got half a second, you can pull them off dead bodies to repel the respawners with kinesis. If you've upgraded your rig, that does a hell of alot of damage.

After about 10 reloads I finally got past the school swarm on Survivalist with just 16 Pulse Rifle rounds and 1 Line Gun rack. F*cking Pack pieces of shit got owned. Improvised Kinesis Object Wall of Utter Desperation FTW.

This game is kicking my ass right now but I love it. I have a whole new level of respect for the Kinesis grab now. I finally realize I'm not going to get any further if I don't buckle down and hone my technique with it.

Damn, you guys are scaring me. I don't hardly use either stasis or kinesis, and I'm having trouble on normal. Can't wait for Hardcore!!!!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Damn, you guys are scaring me. I don't hardly use either stasis or kinesis, and I'm having trouble on normal. Can't wait for Hardcore!!!![/QUOTE]

lol, maybe that's your problem!

I've found that the more you use kinesis and stasis, the less you use on ammo, and the more that you can sell back to the store for power nodes to power-up your weapons when you actually need them!

Seriously, if you're facing a single necro, use 2 plasma cutter shots to take out a leg, stasis him, and finish him off with a few curb stomps...saves you (at least) two more shots to kill him.

And kinesis grabs on enemy limbs are just like free ammo.

anyone have the CE? Where is the Ser Isaac Code? I got the insert that says "Zealot Force Gun and Suit" but nothing about Ser Isaac.

(Xbox btw)

Got this last week and have been playing multiplayer exclusively, hopefully I'll get around to the single player tonight or sometime this week.

I love the game so far. I have hit a game killing glitch in chapter 13 the door hack is missing! So make a few extra saves don't just overwrite the sameone like I did.

[quote name='drktrpr1']lol, maybe that's your problem!

I've found that the more you use kinesis and stasis...[/QUOTE]

Just to reinforce what you said, I don't think you can possibly get too far without learning that stasis is critical for getting through most of the later big fights in the game. I wish I used tele more, but you can get away without it for sure. Sometimes I would pick up the wrong pieces... throwing heads or the torso which doesn't really do much, especially against the oil-necros.

bread's done
Back