Dead Space and Lost Odyssey - 9.99 at FS starting this Fri!

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Fruitcake! Lost Odyssey sold out on the online store now so it won't let me order it and it's not available at any of the local stores near me so I can't go pick it up either!

Stupid freaking horders. I've been waiting forever to get myself a copy to play ad now I'm sol[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, I was waiting on an in-store pickup email to see if I got Dead Space waiting for me but I figured I would just place an order online while I still can.

There might be some come available if people cancel their orders if they PM at a different store.

[quote name='musdy']Save me a copy of Prince of Persia. :)[/QUOTE]

There were about 5 plus copies in the xbox 360 section and on my way out I saw a little display full of the games on sale in the flyer (Didn't look too hard at it to see whether it was all Bolts or a mix of everything). Note to Guelph shoppers, apparently one guy came in this morning and bought 4 copies of Dead Space, and the rest of them were on hold for ISPU. So no chance at Dead Space at all. Though they guy did say they were expecting to be restocked by Monday so get your rain checks on. Out of stock of Lost Odyssey too.

I just got back and got Prince of Persia but like Grease_Bits said they were OOS of Dead Space.

I in-store ordered Dead Space, Too Human, and Lost Odyssey to West Edmonton early this morning and they were all in stock at the time... but Dead Space is now listed as out of stock and I haven't received my confirmation email yet. Fingers crossed...

Damn hoarders...

[quote name='WillGabriel']I in-store ordered Dead Space, Too Human, and Lost Odyssey to West Edmonton early this morning and they were all in stock at the time... but Dead Space is now listed as out of stock and I haven't received my confirmation email yet. Fingers crossed...

Damn hoarders...
[/QUOTE]

Good luck, same thing happened to me though and I didn't get Dead Space.

[quote name='Corizzle']Good luck, same thing happened to me though and I didn't get Dead Space.[/QUOTE]

Fail. I just got an email as well saying "You lose. Try again later." I'm going to try the same at Best Buy and just price-match, assuming they'll do that on a pickup when FS has no stock remaining.

[quote name='jbo2891']I tried ISPU at a store that showed in stock on the website around 7 am this morning, but i recieved an order stating my order was NOT filled @ 10.

Knowing that everyone thinks of you as a shameless hoarder and all round waste of thread posts on this forum as well as RFD, I must ask...Do you post things like this on purpose or are you truly unaware that you are a douchebag? Because you are on a whole new level of ignorance if you are oblivious to how you come across to people.[/QUOTE]
Why hasn't klepto been IP banned?

I ordered Dead Space for store pick-up at the Langley Future Shop. Just got my 'come pick it up' e-mail - I'm good to go.

Thanks to op - this is one of the best deals I've ever scored!

[quote name='WillGabriel']I in-store ordered Dead Space, Too Human, and Lost Odyssey to West Edmonton early this morning and they were all in stock at the time... but Dead Space is now listed as out of stock and I haven't received my confirmation email yet. Fingers crossed...

Damn hoarders...
[/QUOTE]

I was just in there and they had absolutely nothing. A few copies of Mass Effect, Bolt, and some PoPs. The girl working there told me there was about 20 people waiting outside this morning for them.

I saw few FS employees hording the Dead space. I was at Futureshop around 10:05 and not 1 single Dead Space.

apparently sale means, they dont have sufficient stock! good thing i pm'd 2xdead space, and i got the blu ray for 9.99 too heh

Thanks Op, picked up Dead Space and 2 James Bond Blu-rays and Cast Away. Kanata had lots of the 30 Blu-rays this morning. A Display at the back of the store.

[quote name='scourdx']I saw few FS employees hording the Dead space. I was at Futureshop around 10:05 and not 1 single Dead Space.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. Was there (the one on 120th st and 72nd in Surrey) at 10:30 and there was no Lost Odyssey and no Dead Space. PoP was there for 19.99, though.

Durn.

my location was out of LO before the sale even started, also Dead Space is gone too. Everything else still has a few also my location (queensway) also has a few bonus games at 9.99.

All locations will have Enchanted Arms/Superman Returns 2 pack and project sylpheed for 9.99

Queensway has Soldier of Fortune, Kengo, Bulletwitch, Kameo and Kung Fu Panda at 10$ each. Gone when gone, obviously.

The Futureshop on Winston Churchill had none but the Bestbuy across the street had some copies of Fracture and Too Human, I got a copy of Fracture for 7.90 total. A worker at FS said that there was a single copy of Dead Space or Fracture(one of the two) at the Heartland location.

[quote name='WillGabriel']Fail. I just got an email as well saying "You lose. Try again later." I'm going to try the same at Best Buy and just price-match, assuming they'll do that on a pickup when FS has no stock remaining.[/QUOTE]

Boo, I got an order canceled email too. I guess I shouldn't have waited till midnight last night to order, but I didn't want to order it till their site reflected the real price.

Oh well, I don't really care about Dead Space. I'll wait until it price drops again somewhere else. And I don't need to be bothered going out to FS today.

I visited Vaughan, Mississauga and Burlington franchises before finding one copy of DS at my LOCAL Hamilton store. LO and DS were gone everywhere. People lined up in the morning like boxing day at some. Not a ton of people lining up but enough kleptos buying several copies of each game and snapping pics of them, and you only need a handful to close out a store.

And if you're "Dan" from Cambridge, the copy of DS I got was the one you had reserved. My local CSR was a good sport when I told her about my day looking.
Sorry Dan. Blame the kleptos. I'm playing mine.

Thanks jonkaho for the thread, and thanks Firestorm for the pick-up tip!

In Kanata, the guy said most copies of Dead Space were ordered for pick-up, and the rest were cleaned out quickly this morning.

The only games that are left, from what I remember, aren't worthy...lots of Spiderman's...

For those in the lower mainland

All the FS's in Vancouver and Richmond have been cleaned out

Oh and the Cambie BB as well

Couldn't even score a single copy :(

My buddy in London was able to get Dead Space. He went to Best Buy and not only did they price match it, they took another $3 off! He got Dead Space for $6.99! Lucky.

I hope that if they ever do a PS3 or Wii sale like this, it might be a little easier to pick up the games in the store.

No copies of Dead Space left at Coventry Hills in Calgary, luckily I ordered in store pick up this morning.

And for anyone looking for PoP, try Superstore. I saw a special edition there for $18 the other day.

[quote name='lustyhitter']

I hope that if they ever do a PS3 or Wii sale like this, it might be a little easier to pick up the games in the store.[/QUOTE]

Sadly it wont be if there is "TIV"

You can order Dead space on FS website. They have 93 copies left and I believe it ships to US as well. Give it a shot.

[quote name='scourdx']You can order Dead space on FS website. They have 93 copies left and I believe it ships to US as well. Give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
Nice. 1.99 is cheaper then gas money.
Edit: Ah never mind, they don't take the Store Credit Card online dam! Guess I'll just wait until they restock.

Ugh. All over town and no cheap Dead Space. Lower Mainland FS's are cleaned out, and so was the LD I attempted a PM at. I did score Fracture for $8.99 after a PM w/ BB.

No dice for Dead Space at any of my FS stores. So five minutes before closing I went into Wal mart and they actually PMed it with zero hassle or anything. I even got to use my soon to expire giftcard. Excellent day.

Man, what a day. Before work I headed to my local FS, picked up Fracture, Prince of Persia, Battle of Britain, A Bridge Too Far, and all 9 Bond steelbook Blu-rays (accidentally bought two copies of Live and Let Die). Headed over to my local BB before work where I had a copy of Dead Space on ISPU, picked that up, price matched, and 10% of the difference taken off as well! Don't fret yet my friends, this is after all the first day of the sale. PMing is the key! Cheers.

P.S. At the end of the day, my wallet was $180 lighter :'(

i picked up my copy of dead space and lost odyssey this morning (i ordered them on wednesday). the girl working said there were a lot of orders for dead space last night that she filled this morning. i think i got the last LO in the store. traded them in (along w/ ninja gaiden 2) for batman: AA (which will be switched to left 4 dead 2 at some point).

great deal for everyone. if you need a game for trade 3, this helped, and if you want an amazing game, this works even better. dead space was in my top 5 from last year (possibly top 3).

thanks again for the heads up.

[quote name='maigoyume']For those in the lower mainland

All the FS's in Vancouver and Richmond have been cleaned out

Oh and the Cambie BB as well

Couldn't even score a single copy :([/QUOTE]

Yeah Dead Space and Lost Odyssey were totally cleared out at the FS downtown and at the Cambie BB. They might restock though: the sale's on for a week.

I'm hoping to do a PM of Dead Space at the Coquitlam Best Buy tomorrow.

Anyone been there and remember how many copies there are left?

Thanks OP! Managed to pick up Dead Space yesterday and went for the difference today. South Edmonton was wiped out, or they hid the stock. By 8pm I could not find any of the 9.99 games left. bought some bond though...

[quote name='game_fanatic']Man, what a day. Before work I headed to my local FS, picked up Fracture, Prince of Persia, Battle of Britain, A Bridge Too Far, and all 9 Bond steelbook Blu-rays (accidentally bought two copies of Live and Let Die).[/QUOTE]

Look at it like this: you picked up 2 copies of the best Roger Moore Bond movies, making it 2x better than anything else you did today XD

[quote name='collector42']Thanks OP! Managed to pick up Dead Space yesterday and went for the difference today. South Edmonton was wiped out, or they hid the stock. By 8pm I could not find any of the 9.99 games left. bought some bond though...[/QUOTE]
I was there earlier and they hadn't marked down any games. My copies of Bolt and Thrillville still say 34.99 on them so it could be they were there somewhere but they didn't stand out.

When I picked up my order of Sing It and Fracture I noticed they had put away Sing It: High School Musical 3

The box art is almost the same so the clerk was probably confused. I'm not really complaining as it's still $44.99. The clerk adjusted the price to $19.99, don't think she even realized it was a totally different game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jonkaho']Mass Effect 9.99$
LOST ODYSSEY!! 9.99$
DEAD SPACE 9.99
Too Human 9.99$
Fracture 9.99$
Stranglehold 9.99$
Thrillville off the rails 9.99$

from RFD:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8847243&posted=1#post8847243

postwhoremaniac is going to PM tons of copies at Best Buy! lol[/QUOTE]

anyone from canadaland wanna hook me up in chicago and pick up lo, ds, and Fracture for me? I'll pay price+shipping+ a tip. It would be much appreciated.

[quote name='lt_homer']anyone from canadaland wanna hook me up in chicago and pick up lo, ds, and Fracture for me? I'll pay price+shipping+ a tip. It would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You're unlikely to get a bite. They're prettymuch sold out everywhere, and we're getting a TIV of ~$25 from EB on em with the Trade 3 deal up here. So yeah, you'd need somebody genuinely nice to fluke out and find copies who would be willing to give em away. Now if they were actually readily available...

Was able to grab a copy of LO this morning. Thanks for the heads up op. I've been waiting forever for this game to drop in price. Now if only Folklore would drop too...

Yeah, forgot to say thanks OP

Also, how my day went (cause everyone wants 2 hear *sarcasm*), is how i managed 2 PM dead space at BB, where one of the service clerks was thinking wtf w/the FS flyer & tried to confirm supply but failed to use their website. Then manager on duty also showed up & went wtf is w/this shit & tried (& failed) to call the nearby FS to confirm stock. They eventually gave up & just gave them to me for $6.99 + tax. Sadly, i rly wanted to PM Lost Odyssey but apparently some dick came & cleaned them out of them before i got there (damn waking up late). So i ended up taking a 1 & 1/2 hr trip to gloucester to pick up my copy that i was going 2 use to PM but failed.

Morale of the story: Reserve everything like a prick so no one can get at them before you. At least that's apparently what a lot of hoarders did. I really wish some ppl left some copies of games around so they could at least be PM'd.

mite wanna print out this pic if u wanna PM in the GTA :) ... GL

fxqh5d.jpg

btw how much is ebg USA selling DS for? 40usd used?

So do people really just go buy new copies of these games, open them, and turn around and trade them in at EB/Rogers/BB for TIV? I admit it's somewhat tempting, but it seems like a waste of a perfectly fresh new copy of a game...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Yeah Dead Space and Lost Odyssey were totally cleared out at the FS downtown and at the Cambie BB. They might restock though: the sale's on for a week.[/QUOTE]Buddy of mine works at landsdowne FS and even he had trouble getting copies. I'll keep you guys updated if anything shows up. Having access to the inventory tends to help :)

[quote name='CHW']So do people really just go buy new copies of these games, open them, and turn around and trade them in at EB/Rogers/BB for TIV? I admit it's somewhat tempting, but it seems like a waste of a perfectly fresh new copy of a game...[/QUOTE]

You could swap it with a crapped up box you have at home so that one of your games looks nicer on the shelf! :lol:

Great success! I did in-store pickup at West Edmonton Best Buy and they gave me a price match on Too Human, Dead Space, and Lost Odyssey for $10 each. There was a manager and a trainee there and they just checked prices off of Futureshop's web site - no stock checks.

I assume that they'll just match Futureshop no questions asked for smaller purchases--since obviously they're sister retailers and have a close relationship. You might run into troubles if the clerk is an ass or if you're trying to buy something big like an out-of-stock TV or computer.

All my stores were cleared out. Thankfully a new FutureShop is opening tommorow or the day after, and it has all the games in stock. I put a "pick up in store" order in for 2 copies of Dead Space*and I just recived my "You got it" e-mail"

*Just to clarify, the other one is for a friend not for TIV.

bread's done
Back