[DEAD]Spike VGA download code contest***over 150 CAG winners!

[quote name='RtG Assassin']I went for Braid[/quote]
I went for braid as well. I really hope I get it, along with others from CAG!:applause:

With all these people going for Braid, I hope they have a limited number for each game...;) anything to increase my odds.:lol:

Where will the winners be announced? I want to be able to see the page or check my email when the time comes, and will we receive the codes tonight?

[quote name='Assembler']Where will the winners be announced? I want to be able to see the page or check my email when the time comes, and will we receive the codes tonight?[/quote]

No, Winners will receive there codes on Wednesday.

Signed up for Braid, it would be a nice end of finals week bonus.

Oops! I forgot to say Thanks OP... so.. Thanks OP =D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']Are they announcing the winners right after it closes..? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

It says to allow up to three days for code delivery, and I doubt there will be any announcement before then.

Edit: Thanks OP, I entered--if I win, I'm just going to give the code for World of Goo away.

looks like its over. i got mine in for pixeljunk eden and my sister for braid. good luck to everyone!

i wonder how soon they will send the codes

yeah I entered yesterday for Braid. If I win that'd be pretty cool but if I don't win then ehh I had nothing to lose anyways but how good of a game is braid I never played the demo but all my friends said it was pretty good

[quote name='meatwad3000']yeah I entered yesterday for Braid. If I win that'd be pretty cool but if I don't win then ehh I had nothing to lose anyways but how good of a game is braid I never played the demo but all my friends said it was pretty good[/QUOTE]

I thought it was very good, but overrated at the same time. It was one of those games where I felt like the stages got worse and worse, rather than better and better, due to the increasing gimmicky nature of the time mechanics. That being said, the art design was great and the ending sequence is simply unforgettable.

I was glad to see World of Goo won best indie game of the year from the VGA just now--it really is the best downloadable game of the year, and one of the most remarkable games I've played of any type in years.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I thought it was very good, but overrated at the same time. It was one of those games where I felt like the stages got worse and worse, rather than better and better, due to the increasing gimmicky nature of the time mechanics. That being said, the art design was great and the ending sequence is simply unforgettable.

I was glad to see World of Goo won best indie game of the year from the VGA just now--it really is the best downloadable game of the year, and one of the most remarkable games I've played of any type in years.[/QUOTE]

braid was very overrated imo... it just seemed like your run of the mill platform puzzler. somewhat similiar to that flash game series that was very popular... (god cant think of the name....) thought i will admit it had great production value for a indie game, but the actual gameplay was a bit bland.

thanks OP I forgot about this completely looks like I missed out and with my luck they will probably be codes for twenty dollar giftcards instead of codes for the games.

Regardless of whether I win or not, I'm really looking forward to seeing what form these prizes take... my understanding was that there are no Wii codes that allow you to download a specific game, so that would lead me to suspect that these will be points codes (at least on the Wii), rather than game codes. Thoughts?

That would make the strange verbiage in the contest rules make sense. I probably would still get World of Goo, and just enjoy the extra points.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Regardless of whether I win or not, I'm really looking forward to seeing what form these prizes take... my understanding was that there are no Wii codes that allow you to download a specific game, so that would lead me to suspect that these will be points codes (at least on the Wii), rather than game codes. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I actually suggested that awhile ago. :p

bread's done
Back