[DEAD] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $19.99 Kmart (B&M) 5/6 - 5/12

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!
Thanks LouieT
axQix.jpg

This deal runs 5/6 through 5/12

Update: This AD is in the weekly circular. However, it does appear to be a pricing mistake as the game rings up $39.99. Many are reporting that managers will override and price adjust if you have the physical ad. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get the Kmart in Jacksonville, FL on Blanding BLVD to honor the mistake, but they wouldn't, not even the manager.

Well, it sucks, but it seems the Kmarts in NYC get Monthly Circulars instead of weekly circulars. I asked a lady at the customer service desk, and she said they don't carry weekly circulars. Seeing as this happened in the only 2 Kmarts in the Bronx of NYC, I'm going to guess its for the whole city.

If someone can PM me or post pictures of the circular with their phone of the Date and Zelda AD, that would be cool so I can ask Target/Bestbuy when I go to the mall later this week.

Just got back from Kmart. The guy in the electronincs was apparently on his first day and called over his trainer for the price match. He had to call his supervisor, who then called the store manager to override to $19.99.

They had a shelf tag showing $39.99, save $10. Sounded like they were going to make a sign after I left to put up that the ad was incorrect.

Wow I feel bad for K-Mart....

They hire Josh and IMO he did more for K-Mart then anyone else has, then for some reason(s) they fire him...and the next good deal they have they make it a price mistake....

First cashier told me that to get it at that price you had to buy a Wii. Then I showed her that nowhere in the add did it say anything regarding the Wii. Then she had a manager override it and gave it to me for $19.99.

Price matched at Target with my discount. They did notice that it would only be a $30 game at Kmart with the way the ad was, but they price matched it anyway. Thanks OP!

Salem, OR "Worst Buy" would not PM. This is truly where YMMV comes into play. I took Kmart's print ad directly to the cashier when I checked out. She made me wait while she consulted her manager, who was actually lactating and I was asked to wait for her decision.
Finally, the decision was "yes" but then when the cashier (who apparently had awful math skills) saw that I was trying purchase 2 copies of Zelda, she had to consult the manager again, who was still expressing milk ( and I wished she had not bred, as she's a surly huge gal). Jesus Christ. In her absence, another employee came up to the register and told me that they only usually price match 1 copy. I asked him to point that out in their advertised company policy, and he stuttered.
Finally, yet another employee approached me and said that she had called Kmart and their ad was incorrect, and that Best Buy would "be happy" to price match the game at $39.99. Uh, no thanks. BB is still ringing up Zelda at $49.99. I expressed some super duper disappointment and she said that I needed to take that up with Kmart. I told her I had a gift card to use and that would be my final purchase there after I went back and selected COD MWF3.
That was my 3rd and final attempt at price matching at BB. I always bring the competitors print ad, am polite and understanding until they start treating me like a scamming punk, and I'm done with Best Buy.

[quote name='Sanoguzman']went to K-mart, picked up a AD and did not see any games on the ad at all. So I didn't bother asking to price match whats not in their ad. Then again when I looked at the game section, it was almost no games so I guess this K-mart had their own ad?

I'd call it a waste of a trip, but I got a good work out thanks to my new bike.

I'll probably visit the only other k-mart.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's so. The video game ad is quite small. It's on page 21.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I don't think that's so. The video game ad is quite small. It's on page 21.[/QUOTE]

I later asked the other K-mart on what gives.
I did carefully look at the circular more then 3 times in case I was hallucinating.

[quote name='Sanoguzman']Well, it sucks, but it seems the Kmarts in NYC get Monthly Circulars instead of weekly circulars. I asked a lady at the customer service desk, and she said they don't carry weekly circulars. Seeing as this happened in the only 2 Kmarts in the Bronx of NYC, I'm going to guess its for the whole city.

If someone can PM me or post pictures of the circular with their phone of the Date and Zelda AD, that would be cool so I can ask Target/Bestbuy when I go to the mall later this week.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get one PM'd without too much hassle at the local Kmart. First they thought it was a SYWR-exclusive deal (and their system was down). Secondly, after the store manager overrode the $19.99 price point, I was offered a job since I kept up on these deals. Had to politely decline since I work across the street at Sears.

I hadn't checked this thread since last night, but I had to give it a shot after work today. Southern IL for those interested.

They rang up $39.99 like everyone has been saying, after showing the employee the ad, she called a manager, he glared at the ad and the game, flipping the pages of the ad and flipping the game over repeatedly (like that was going to accomplish ANYTHING), before finally telling the employee to call who I was assuming was the store manager. The store manager didn't come out, but instead called the electronics desk. After a few minutes of confusion on her part, she reluctantly agreed to to sell me a copy at $19.99 even though it was supposedly "an obvious typo." She almost changed her mind when the clerk told her I wanted two copies, but I explained that one was for me (which it is) and the other is for my girlfriend's nephew (it isn't).

Before she got off the phone the store manager told her she was emailing corporate (or something to that effect) and that NO ONE else was to get a copy at that price. I almost asked if I could buy all of them (there were about 5 left) since no one else will get it that cheap at my local store. And yes, they were the version with the CD.

TL;DR I'm the only one who got any at that price in my town because the store manager declared it was an error and not to sell any more for less than the $39.99 they rang up.

had to go return my prom tux, so i thought i might as well jump on this. got to k-mart, found the ad with the mistake. went to electronics to pick it up but they already put the mistake flyer out. didn't want to mess around there so i headed over to wal-mart where the guy looked at the add for about a minute and accepted it. csn came over without question and performed the override.

only part that bummed me out was that they only had the non-cd version. thanks a lot for the helpful posts!

[quote name='Lemmywinks']Salem, OR "Worst Buy" would not PM. This is truly where YMMV comes into play. I took Kmart's print ad directly to the cashier when I checked out. She made me wait while she consulted her manager, who was actually lactating and I was asked to wait for her decision.
Finally, the decision was "yes" but then when the cashier (who apparently had awful math skills) saw that I was trying purchase 2 copies of Zelda, she had to consult the manager again, who was still expressing milk ( and I wished she had not bred, as she's a surly huge gal). Jesus Christ. In her absence, another employee came up to the register and told me that they only usually price match 1 copy. I asked him to point that out in their advertised company policy, and he stuttered.
Finally, yet another employee approached me and said that she had called Kmart and their ad was incorrect, and that Best Buy would "be happy" to price match the game at $39.99. Uh, no thanks. BB is still ringing up Zelda at $49.99. I expressed some super duper disappointment and she said that I needed to take that up with Kmart. I told her I had a gift card to use and that would be my final purchase there after I went back and selected COD MWF3.
That was my 3rd and final attempt at price matching at BB. I always bring the competitors print ad, am polite and understanding until they start treating me like a scamming punk, and I'm done with Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

so youre basically complaining that you couldn't get two copies when they were happy to price match one. You pretty much just screwed yourself over.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so youre basically complaining that you couldn't get two copies when they were happy to price match one. You pretty much just screwed yourself over.[/QUOTE]

Ya that actually made me smile when I read it.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so youre basically complaining that you couldn't get two copies when they were happy to price match one. You pretty much just screwed yourself over.[/QUOTE]Not that I'm defending him, but according to his story, weren't they only happy to PM one at $39.99, not $19.99?

EDIT: I guess that if he hadn't been buying two copies, that final employee wouldn't have said they'd be happy to PM the $39.99 price, unless I'm mistaken. :???:

[quote name='Vigilante']Not that I'm defending him, but according to his story, weren't they only happy to PM one at $39.99, not $19.99?[/QUOTE]

No. If hed gone ahead with one copy, he was golden. The two copies made the clerk revisit the manager.

They wouldn't overide it at Kmart for me, but I brought the ad to target and bought a few copies there! They'll price match as long as you have the flyer.

After waiting for about 6 minutes to find the manager, and another 4 of them deciding what to do, I finally got it for $19.99. There were three more left, but I only got one. Still, I wanted one more, as it might be valuable later on, so I'll go to another Kmart to get one.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so youre basically complaining that you couldn't get two copies when they were happy to price match one. You pretty much just screwed yourself over.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't screw myself over. You need to work on your reading comprehension. The cashier went to the manager twice out of her own failure to present all the details in her first query.

As for not breeding, I'm a great Dad of 2 kids who I enjoy playing games with, and would wager I'm a better parent than most of you.

This will be my last post. I don't have time to waste giving a heads up on my local retail policies to pretentious cunts.

[quote name='Lemmywinks']No, I didn't screw myself over. You need to work on your reading comprehension. The cashier went to the manager twice out of her own failure to present all the details in her first query.

As for not breeding, I'm a great Dad of 2 kids who I enjoy playing games with, and would wager I'm a better parent than most of you.

This will be my last post. I don't have time to waste giving a heads up on my local retail policies to pretentious cunts.[/QUOTE]

You'll be missed?

Just got back from local K-mapart ( you could shoot a cannonball through that place) after slight delay with manager they gave it to me for the 19.99 no questions asked.

I was lucky enough to get one. This one balanced out the Kindle Fire letdown from earlier in the week. Thanks OP and CAG!

North Belt Kmart in St. Joseph, MO still has a couple of the Zelda games, but the price in the ad was incorrect. There was an ad correction issued this morning, so you might or might not be able to get it for that price.

I would like to get two copies w/ CD but no ads to use to PM here. I hate going to the Kmarts here and probably won't have time to anyway. If anyone is willing to trade for stuff PM me.

OT: Has anyone seen non CD versions at big places like BB or GS? Someone mentioned Walmart earlier but I doubt Walmart had as much stock as BB.

My local Target did a price-match without even the bat of an eyelash. It was actually a bit shocking how nonchalant the clerk was about knocking $30 from their price.

[quote name='GamerDude316']this isnt online right? no Kmart near me. Any ads up that I can print out and try and PM at Target?[/QUOTE]

It's in-store only. If this error was online, I'd doubt many orders would be fulfilled.

I price matched at Wal-Mart. The woman at electronics tried to say that the ad was for a game card, that just happened to look exactly like the cover of the game(?), with the purchase of a Wii. Thankfully the manager told her to do the adjustment before I had an aneurism from trying to process that level of stupid.

Now I need a cheap Wii Motion Plus somehow.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I price matched at Wal-Mart. The woman at electronics tried to say that the ad was for a game card, that just happened to look exactly like the cover of the game(?), with the purchase of a Wii. Thankfully the manager told her to do the adjustment before I had an aneurism from trying to process that level of stupid.

Now I need a cheap Wii Motion Plus somehow.[/QUOTE]

I remember trying to return an unopened Starcraft II with receipt at Kmart and got denied initially by this lady. She kept claiming it was missing the plastic sealing. I lolled. On topic, I price matched Zelda at Target with no issues.

[quote name='Irsaan']I hadn't checked this thread since last night, but I had to give it a shot after work today. Southern IL for those interested.

They rang up $39.99 like everyone has been saying, after showing the employee the ad, she called a manager, he glared at the ad and the game, flipping the pages of the ad and flipping the game over repeatedly (like that was going to accomplish ANYTHING), before finally telling the employee to call who I was assuming was the store manager. The store manager didn't come out, but instead called the electronics desk. After a few minutes of confusion on her part, she reluctantly agreed to to sell me a copy at $19.99 even though it was supposedly "an obvious typo." She almost changed her mind when the clerk told her I wanted two copies, but I explained that one was for me (which it is) and the other is for my girlfriend's nephew (it isn't).

Before she got off the phone the store manager told her she was emailing corporate (or something to that effect) and that NO ONE else was to get a copy at that price. I almost asked if I could buy all of them (there were about 5 left) since no one else will get it that cheap at my local store. And yes, they were the version with the CD.

TL;DR I'm the only one who got any at that price in my town because the store manager declared it was an error and not to sell any more for less than the $39.99 they rang up.[/QUOTE]

this bugs me to no end. unless cooperate has told them its a price error. how can a store manager make that kind of conclusion? i dont really see the problem with PMing your own online website.

im always baffled at the idiots that are found working retail...

Picked up a copy in Clifton Park NY yesterday, had 3 people staring at the game and the ad going "this can't be right" and they modified it as an "event" in the system so that it wouldn't show up as a price adjustment for >50%. While I was rang up, another employee pulled ~10(!) copies of the game from the case probably so they could claim they were out of stock so they wouldn't get dinged for all the price adjustments they'd have to make.

[quote name='kayne2000']this bugs me to no end. unless cooperate has told them its a price error. how can a store manager make that kind of conclusion? i dont really see the problem with PMing your own online website.

im always baffled at the idiots that are found working retail...[/QUOTE]

ummm.. wouldn't the fact that they know this price is too good to be true make them not idiots?

Or are they only idiots when we don't get our way?

[quote name='kayne2000']this bugs me to no end. unless cooperate has told them its a price error. how can a store manager make that kind of conclusion? i dont really see the problem with PMing your own online website.

im always baffled at the idiots that are found working retail...[/QUOTE]

irony is cool.

I just went to best buy so they could PM it. I wasn't going to waste my time or take the chance at kmart so they can tell me no.

[quote name='FlippyMcSlickdeal']Won't this be in HD on the Wii U ?

I may wait[/QUOTE]
They already said Skyward sword isn't coming to the wii u. Just get it for the wii.

[quote name='confoosious']ummm.. wouldn't the fact that they know this price is too good to be true make them not idiots?

Or are they only idiots when we don't get our way?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the second answer is the only one that will fly around here.;)

PM'd it at BB. Just used the local ad pulled up on my phone. Don't know when I'll get to play it, but I just can't pass on a Zelda game.

Went to local BB, pulled up the ad on my phone. Older woman was working customer service, she wanted to call k-mart, she did, they told her it was on sale for 19.99, but she said since it was regularly 29.99 or some BS she couldnt price match it at 19.99. Asked for the manager and he told me they could match it within seconds :D The lady looked PO'D for whatever reason and wouldn't ring me up so the manager did. Got 3 copys for $60.00, thanks CAGs!

[quote name='Coltin']I bought the version of this with the remote about a week ago. I really need to start playing it.[/QUOTE]

I bought the version of this with the remote on launch day. I really need to start playing it.

[quote name='Coltin']I bought the version of this with the remote about a week ago. I really need to start playing it.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find one?

[quote name='Lordd_G']I bought the version of this with the remote on launch day. I really need to start playing it.[/QUOTE]

I bought one today and I don't even own a wii!

[quote name='SlavetodaBOX']Just got back from local K-mapart ( you could shoot a cannonball through that place) after slight delay with manager they gave it to me for the 19.99 no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

With glarying ad typos like these, you now know why they are K'ming-apart....

bread's done
Back