[DEAD] The Witch and the Hundred Knights NIS PS3 $19.99 Pre-Order Amazon & Target

flount

CAGiversary!
Just noticed a pre-order for a game I don't recognize made by NIS America.

The Witch and the Hundred Knights PS3 - $19.99 SHIPS FREE @ Target.com

http://www.target.com/p/witch-and-the-hundred-knights-playstation-3/-/A-14122338

UPDATE

Amazon now also has it for $19.99.  Well done those who submitted this for price match!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007PNBU0Y/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Update 2

Looks like at least for the moment Amazon has disabled pre-ordering this game.

Update 3

Target is now also not taking pre-orders.

Looks like SD saw my post and copied it fairly quickly, putting it on their front page.  Both Target and Amazon probably got bombarded.  Hopefully orders go through.

Update 4

All sites including Amazon and Target are showing a pre-order price of $49.99.  This was definitely a good deal if your order goes through.  I doubt this pre-order deal will be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tis the season to botch your prices. It looks like they didn't adjust my old order to $20, but they sort of have to right? Eh, I just wish retailers weren't so eager to please and ignorant about the value of the things they're selling.

AW, MAN! I was the first to suggest submitting the price to Amazon, and I missed out on them actually doing so?! :wall: :bomb:

Tis the season to botch your prices. It looks like they didn't adjust my old order to $20, but they sort of have to right? Eh, I just wish retailers weren't so eager to please and ignorant about the value of the things they're selling.
I had to contact customer support to get the price adjustment. The Amazon Service Representative was very helpful. It's definitely worth a shot to contact them since they did help me with my adjustment.

I pre-ordered on Amazon awhile ago with a 20% off all pre-orders coupon - so my pre-order is still sitting at $32.  I'll probably keep it there and see if my new Target pre-order gets canceled or not.

I'm too late.. Already pre-ordere from Amazon @$40 several months ago. Gonna go bug them about the pre-order price guarantee... hopefully they will have record of the price history.

when did Amazon have it for the $19.99 price?  I'm guessing the influx of orders triggered a shutdown of the product being offered. 

:eek: I learned my lesson from the arkham city CE and ordered the moment I saw this thread. >_> I lurk a lot nowadays Cuz I always miss crazy discounts.

For people who missed out.. don't feel too bad. I mean ps4 will be here soon meaning a ps3 game like this will plunge in value rather quickly. Might become one of those hidden gems if its really good. So I figure it'llprobably be back at $20 a few months after release.

I pre-ordered a while ago and missed out on placing another one to try and lock in this price. I hope Amazon automatically applies the pre-order price guarantee, but if they don't it would be nice to have something to show CS.
I forgot I pre-ordered this awhile back. Amazon did change it to $19.99 for me though.

Who is going to have a ps3 in 2014? Old folks still playing the wii?
The real question is, who the hell would waste money on a console with no library that will drop in price within a year (my guess is the same type of idiots who max out PC hardware when all they do is game)? As far as I'm concerned, Xbox One and PS4 are late 2014 to early 2015 consoles.

The real question is, who the hell would waste money on a console with no library that will drop in price within a year (my guess is the same type of idiots who max out PC hardware when all they do is game)? As far as I'm concerned, Xbox One and PS4 are late 2014 to early 2015 consoles.
I don't know... Just millions of people.

Enjoy the "possibility" of a $50 price cut on the PS4 in 2015.

Why is this so much a debate?

If you're interested in this game, you're interested in JRPGs and will likely be holding on to your PS3 awhile longer.  All I've seen next gen for JRPG players is FFXV (release date promised within the PS4 console generation and not the PS5 console generation, they promise this time) and Kingdom Hearts 3 (same song).  

Going by history, we will see many good JRPGs on PS3 for at least a year after PS4 is released.

The man has a point ... not to mention, waiting 6 months to a year will give a better picture of which console is worth picking up. Buying both at launch is just a waste of money imo.

I don't understand why everyone acts like they can only have one or the other - like if I get a PS4, my PS3 is going to instantly dissolve or something.  I have a space cleared out right next to my PS3 for my PS4 to sit come next Friday.  I will play my PS4 quite a bit I'm sure, but my PS3 will still get regular use - especially with all the JRPGs hitting for it next year (2 Tales games, FFX/X-2, Lightning Returns, Dark Souls 2, the game this thread is about...more....).  I'm PRETTY sure the 2 systems won't try to kill each other while I'm asleep.  :p

At any rate, I already had a preorder for TW&THK, so I guess I need to contact customer service and get them to adjust the price.  Thanks OP!  :)

You don't get it, do you? Save $50 to $100 on the console, and have an entire library on your first day, all priced well below $60 already. The current consoles will be getting plenty of games for the next year or two, or maybe longer. Upgrading consoles now is pointless. Hell, upgrading your PC is pointless as well. Most of the more interesting things coming out are indie games, and they don't require much to run.

All in all, if you like wasting money, then go for it. $400 to $500 up front, plus $40 to $60 per game. Enjoy. That top dollar game will be $15 when I get it, and it'll offer exactly the same experience. Now, if you're going to hold off for the low price, like a lot of CAGs (myself included), then... Why the fuck would you buy the console right away? It's completely illogical. Oh, so you can say you own it...

I don't understand why everyone acts like they can only have one or the other - like if I get a PS4, my PS3 is going to instantly dissolve or something. I have a space cleared out right next to my PS3 for my PS4 to sit come next Friday. I will play my PS4 quite a bit I'm sure, but my PS3 will still get regular use - especially with all the JRPGs hitting for it next year (2 Tales games, FFX/X-2, Lightning Returns, Dark Souls 2, the game this thread is about...more....). I'm PRETTY sure the 2 systems won't try to kill each other while I'm asleep. :p

At any rate, I already had a preorder for TW&THK, so I guess I need to contact customer service and get them to adjust the price. Thanks OP! :)
I think a lot of people get caught up in the "end of the generation" concept and assume that November 15th is the end of the PlayStation 3 and shortly after we have the end of the Xbox. There probably won't be a "real" reason to upgrade till a year or two from now and there are certainly more awesome games coming to the PS3, when compared to the PS4.

Everything you mentioned, BlazBlue, GT 6, South Park, Ragnarok, Tales, Castlevania, EDF and most of the "heavy hitters" like BF4, CoD G, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Thief, AC 4, etc.

You don't get it, do you? Save $50 to $100 on the console, and have an entire library on your first day, all priced well below $60 already. The current consoles will be getting plenty of games for the next year or two, or maybe longer. Upgrading consoles now is pointless. Hell, upgrading your PC is pointless as well. Most of the more interesting things coming out are indie games, and they don't require much to run.

All in all, if you like wasting money, then go for it. $400 to $500 up front, plus $40 to $60 per game. Enjoy. That top dollar game will be $15 when I get it, and it'll offer exactly the same experience. Now, if you're going to hold off for the low price, like a lot of CAGs (myself included), then... Why the fuck would you buy the console right away? It's completely illogical. Oh, so you can say you own it...
1) Everything isn't about waiting well over a year to save $50 - $100 dollars and play year old games.

2) It will not offer the exact same experience. It's impossible to say how it will be, but games tend to lose players as they age and the remaining players tend to out level and perform you.

3) The reason for buying a console now is to show "support" and to have that "shock and awe" feeling. Like playing a game everyone has beat or enjoyed, you don't have that same thrill of experiencing everything for the first time. Maybe this is just me, but I think it's a lot more fun to discover this stuff at the beginning, not well after every single last detail has been revealed via news, leaks, conversations and all that jazz.

^^True

I'll still keep my PS3, Xbox, Wii, PS2, and PC.  But now I'll have a PS4 too to play Thief, MGSV... with better graphics and so on if I choose.

If I did not have any money, yea I would wait cause paying bills is important but I can afford to shell out $500 this Xmas for a nice console for me.  It's fun to have something on release day just like watching a movie on release day, but there is also nothing wrong with waiting for a while.  It's all up to the individual and their preferences and circumstances:)

Pre-ordered. Thanks for the deal!

sig.jpg

I think a lot of people get caught up in the "end of the generation" concept and assume that November 15th is the end of the PlayStation 3 and shortly after we have the end of the Xbox.
All PS3s have small explosives in them that will detonate at 11:59:59PM local time on Nov 14th.

Seriously though I'm just buying the console now because I have the Amazon credit to do so and in a year or more who knows. Historically I've never been able to afford a console for less than half of it's launch MSRP so why not even if I might not buy a single game for it until well into 2014.

I see where you are coming from but here are some of my reasons for wanting a PS4 as soon as possible.

1. It's cool as hell, way cooler than having 4 $100 bills, even if they are crispy new.

2. It's playstation sony brand. They've been real good to me in the past.

3. PS2 was the best $300 I ever spent.

4. PS3 was best $600 I ever spent.

5. PS+ will offer so many free games I will only purchase titles I know I will enjoy because I'll always have a library of games.

I agree with this guy. I like getting a good deal almost as much as I like gaming. The new consoles both seem like a good value for the money currently, but they'll be an even better value to me 2 years from now after I've worked through some backlog and all the PS4 and Xbox One game prices have come down.

Depends on the consumer... Being there out of the gate doesn't hold any special excitement for me. I tend not to enjoy a lot of popular multiplayer games on consoles.

Did anyone get a screenshot of the game on Amazon when the price was $19.99?  I emailed customer service and they gave me the standard "the price will drop when the game ships" line - but I'd like to have some proof to hang onto so if they DON'T drop the price then I can prove it.  

Did anyone get a screenshot of the game on Amazon when the price was $19.99? I emailed customer service and they gave me the standard "the price will drop when the game ships" line - but I'd like to have some proof to hang onto so if they DON'T drop the price then I can prove it.
You're welcome to my order page.

How can I use your order as prove to amazon? Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.
It shows that I ordered it from Amazon at that price. Not a whole lot more to it, since it's extremely unlikely I just asked customer service to match a price (something they don't do).

bread's done
Back