[DEAD] The Witch and the Hundred Knights NIS PS3 $19.99 Pre-Order Amazon & Target

flount

CAGiversary!
Just noticed a pre-order for a game I don't recognize made by NIS America.

The Witch and the Hundred Knights PS3 - $19.99 SHIPS FREE @ Target.com

http://www.target.com/p/witch-and-the-hundred-knights-playstation-3/-/A-14122338

UPDATE

Amazon now also has it for $19.99.  Well done those who submitted this for price match!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007PNBU0Y/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Update 2

Looks like at least for the moment Amazon has disabled pre-ordering this game.

Update 3

Target is now also not taking pre-orders.

Looks like SD saw my post and copied it fairly quickly, putting it on their front page.  Both Target and Amazon probably got bombarded.  Hopefully orders go through.

Update 4

All sites including Amazon and Target are showing a pre-order price of $49.99.  This was definitely a good deal if your order goes through.  I doubt this pre-order deal will be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question is, who the hell would waste money on a console with no library that will drop in price within a year (my guess is the same type of idiots who max out PC hardware when all they do is game)? As far as I'm concerned, Xbox One and PS4 are late 2014 to early 2015 consoles.
Third-party-facepalm.jpg

when preorders at Amazon resume, would orders at that time eventually be refunded the difference once the game ships according to Amazon's preorder guarantee whatever policy? 

The only lower price refunds I have gotten were for several cents.

when preorders at Amazon resume, would orders at that time eventually be refunded the difference once the game ships according to Amazon's preorder guarantee whatever policy?

You should, if you preordered prior to the price dropping. Everything after won't, unless it drops to $20 again.

You mean place a pre-order say next week and get the $20 price? No, the pre-order price guarantee applies to existing pre-orders so that if something drops while you have it pre-ordered you get the lowest price it was between your pre-order and release. Assuming I understand what you're asking correctly.

You should, if you preordered prior to the price dropping. Everything after won't, unless it drops to $20 again.
You mean place a pre-order say next week and get the $20 price? No, the pre-order price guarantee applies to existing pre-orders so that if something drops while you have it pre-ordered you get the lowest price it was between your pre-order and release. Assuming I understand what you're asking correctly.
Eld deciphered my question. I never really understood Amazon's price guarantee, maybe because I only preorder early for editions that will sell fast. As mentioned in an earlier post, I did get a Target order in. Not sure about their track record on honoring preorders at "error" priced sale.

Eld deciphered my question. I never really understood Amazon's price guarantee, maybe because I only preorder early for editions that will sell fast. As mentioned in an earlier post, I did get a Target order in. Not sure about their track record on honoring preorders at "error" priced sale.
YAY, a winner is me.

i preordered this in my goldbox months ago. How can i make sure i get the Amazon price match when it ships? Does amazon even still do that? Not sure how i prove it wad $20

i preordered this in my goldbox months ago. How can i make sure i get the Amazon price match when it ships? Does amazon even still do that? Not sure how i prove it wad $20
It should be automatic when it ships and you should still get the 5% gold box discount off the $19.99 price. If not you'll have to get with CS and maybe resort to getting screen shots of other people's orders.

so i had my pre order for well over a year a half now, adminralvic was kind enough to send me a screen shot, so with that in hand i contacted amazon customer support  via email and once i hear back i'll post here to see if they do in fact honor their lowest price pre order guarantee. wish me luck! oh and thx adminralvic!

I did a chat session yesterday morning with a CS rep and got the same line about when the game ships it should change but the rep seemed confused on what I was asking, english didn't seem to be his primary language which didn't help either one of us. I even gave him the link to Camelcamelcamel and he said that Amazon didn't price match other companies. 

When I got off work I decided to call instead and got ahold of an english speaking CS who after a brief explanation was more than happy to adjust my order to $19.99 right there.

SON OF A BITCH, I hate missing shit like this.

Goddamn it, goddamn it. I'm not gonna buy this until it's the same price, that's how butthurt it makes me.

I tried getting my old order adjusted but...

The Amazon CS rep I spoke to  shot me down saying that the price was never $19.99.

I wrote an email to amazon and got them to adjust the price to $19.99.  Hope everyone one will be able to do the same!

I contacted CS via chat, as I've had this pre-ordered for about a year now. They said that i would get the adjustment when shipped.  If i had them mark it down to $20 now, via a manual adjustment, that i couldn't take advantage of the pre-order price guarantee if it went below $19.99 for whatever reason. 

I doubt it will go lower, but i didn't have them manually adjust it just in case.

I contacted CS via chat, as I've had this pre-ordered for about a year now. They said that i would get the adjustment when shipped. If i had them mark it down to $20 now, via a manual adjustment, that i couldn't take advantage of the pre-order price guarantee if it went below $19.99 for whatever reason.

I doubt it will go lower, but i didn't have them manually adjust it just in case.
I would have gotten it adjusted if given the option.

I contacted CS via chat, as I've had this pre-ordered for about a year now. They said that i would get the adjustment when shipped. If i had them mark it down to $20 now, via a manual adjustment, that i couldn't take advantage of the pre-order price guarantee if it went below $19.99 for whatever reason.

You should have taken it. A lower price would have probably been posted on CAG, which would most likely give you a chance to reorder and cancel your original higher priced order.

this is the response i got this morning:

Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day on the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account.  If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Amit K

The fuckers just gave me a copy and paste response to beat around the bush, gonna call them today since email is getting me no where.

Okay, just got off the phone with customer support, some chick named JD who said she would edit the price herself to honor the price drop. I'm feeling pretty good now =).

If you guys are going to try and match the price then I would suggest that you guys call and not even bother with email/chat.

You should have taken it. A lower price would have probably been posted on CAG, which would most likely give you a chance to reorder and cancel your original higher priced order.
Should have taken it because a game six months out isn't going to drop lower than $20. :rofl:

Now I'm being told that the proof needed is a real order number.

All other forms of proof are now invalid.

Edit:

Note to AdmiralVic

Don't take it personal , none of the CS reps accepted the screenshot that you gave me since they think I made it up.

Well I sent you a screenshot with the order number on it.
Yea , I just noticed.

I'm really grateful for that.

Edit: Amazon's system must have been screwy on the 7th. Multiple reps told me that they didn't see the $19.99 price in the history but would honor it only if I gave them an actual order number with that price. Some reps aren't authorized to make any changes either. I had to talk to a higher level rep to get the price changed.

Yea , I just noticed.

I'm really grateful for that.

Edit: Amazon's system must have been screwy on the 7th. Multiple reps told me that they didn't see the $19.99 price in the history but would honor it only if I gave them an actual order number with that price. Some reps aren't authorized to make any changes either. I had to talk to a higher level rep to get the price changed.

I did a web chat and the rep told me she didn't see the price in the history but that she would give me the adjustment as a one-time deal. I told her that I could send her a screenshot of someone else's order, but she said that wasn't necessary and that she would escalate something internally so that the pricing history would be changed to reflect the lower price. Hopefully that leads to an automatic adjustment, but if you preordered and haven't gotten the lower price, it's probably a good idea to contact CS. I don't have any specialized information, but it would probably be a lot more complicated in March if it never goes through automatically in their system.

Well, the prices were $49.99 on Amazon last night, and it changed back to $39.99. Maybe, just maybe it'll go $20 one more time.

I emailed amazon, telling them I preordered it in may, and said that according to CCC, it dropped to 19.99 on Nov 7th at 10:39 AM, provided the link, and I was checking to see if I could get an adjustment.  Got an email back saying the adjustment was made, no problem.  Pretty easy transaction :D

I hope they honor the price like in the past. Walmart cancelled my orders during that crazy sale the other day and just sent me a $10 gift card as an apology. >_>

I emailed amazon, telling them I preordered it in may, and said that according to CCC, it dropped to 19.99 on Nov 7th at 10:39 AM, provided the link, and I was checking to see if I could get an adjustment. Got an email back saying the adjustment was made, no problem. Pretty easy transaction :D
I spent 2 hours getting them to match the price and I ended up needing an actual order # or they wouldn't have done it.

I would say you got quite lucky.

Wait.... Amazon is supposed to give me the lowest price it ever was if I had a pre-order with them before this, which I did!  Does that mean I will get it for $20?!!?

this is the response i got this morning:

Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day on the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Amit K

The fuckers just gave me a copy and paste response to beat around the bush, gonna call them today since email is getting me no where.
The hell dude? Isn't that policy clear enough? It means we'll get it for $20.

The hell dude? Isn't that policy clear enough? It means we'll get it for $20.
Yeah well, I also had this on preorder months ago and they didn't update the price on mine.

Contrary to what they say in that email, they have NOT adjusted the price for those of us that already had it preordered... it looks like we have to ask them specifically to do it.

Yeah, I specifically asked for the adjustment, and got it.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on item. I recognise you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

I understand your concern from your email that you want us to adjust the price of the item which you've pre ordered. I'll certainly help you with this.

Since the price of the items dropped before the item shipped. I've adjusted the order total of your item from $39 to $19.99 on your order. This is what you'll be charged for the item when your order ships. A detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found here:

URL REMOVED

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Malik S.

Yeah well, I also had this on preorder months ago and they didn't update the price on mine.

Contrary to what they say in that email, they have NOT adjusted the price for those of us that already had it preordered... it looks like we have to ask them specifically to do it.
If it's an automatic adjustment it doesn't reflect anywhere on your order until you actually get billed which means in March when it ships.

I just got finished chatting with CS about this, and at first they tried to give me some spiel about their refund policy.  I brought up that they have a preorder price guarantee and that their price should automatically drop on previous orders to that.  The CS took about 5 minutes looking at the history and came back to apologize that there was a price drop and that they are going to manually adjust it for me.

I attempted to get the adjustment through the Amazon chat.  The rep said they did not see the change in price in the item's history, and would not give me the adjustment or credit.

bread's done
Back