(Dead) Tritton AX720 from newegg for 106.99 free shipping - One day sale 4/20/10

Question -- I could not tell if you could use these for online voice chat with the PS3 (which usually requires a BT headset.)

Any advice/info?

I love mine.... 720's sound better than my buddies PRO (the gimmick that is 'real' surround sound headphones). I get perfect positional sound.

Yes, the headphones include a removable microphone that attaches to the headset. The 720 is designed for voice chat on 360 and PS3. The cool thing is that the little dongle on the headset allows you to independently adjust the in-game and voice volume. Very handy!

[quote name='bassec']Question -- I could not tell if you could use these for online voice chat with the PS3 (which usually requires a BT headset.)

Any advice/info?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. And they are great for PS3 chat (crystal clear). I use these for both PS3 and 360.

One thing to keep in mind is they have great customer service at Tritton. I had an issue with the microphone breaking. I called them (didn't have to give them any info other than my address... no proof of purchase or anything) said my mic stopped working. They sent me a new mic, and the xbox 360 linker cable for free within 5 days.

I had two of these...returned the both. There's a reason why Tritton is so cheap--because their products are cheap. You get what you pay for.

The AX720 and AX180 have a SERIOUS lack of bass. I prefer well-rounded audio, and Tritton products simply fall way too short.

[quote name='Revolution']I HIGHLY recommend the sharkoon Xtatic over this one. Beats out any tritton or turtle beach. [/QUOTE]

You have obviously never tried any Turtle Beach.

Also, Sharkoon purchases from the same Chinese manufacturer as Tritton. Their products are extremely similar.

[quote name='GenesisGod']I had two of these...returned the both. There's a reason why Tritton is so cheap--because their products are cheap. You get what you pay for.

The AX720 and AX180 have a SERIOUS lack of bass. I prefer well-rounded audio, and Tritton products simply fall way too short.[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed with my Triton AX360, the sound quality was decent, not great. The left cup volume always seemed to be louder than the left and the surround sound was really hard to tell that it was surround. For all I could tell, it was stereo....

I am confused are these wireless aside from the mic jack into the 360 controller?

Also how would you compare these to the turtle beach Ear Force X31?

Anyone think the Turtle beach X41s are worth the extra 70 bucks?

[quote name='bigrozz']I am confused are these wireless aside from the mic jack into the 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

No these are wired. If you want wireless there is only one option I'm aware of the Turtle Beach X41. They have gotten mixed reviews with some complaining about loud obnoxious interference (sometimes painful squeaks) and others no issue at all.

How do you hook them up? Can I leave them attached to both systems and pass through regular audio to my receiver, muting it when I want to use the headset? Is there any headset that will work like that?

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']How do you hook them up? Can I leave them attached to both systems and pass through regular audio to my receiver, muting it when I want to use the headset? Is there any headset that will work like that?[/QUOTE]

Check the manual on their website.

I got the AXPro and love it. Wasn't as impressed with the 720s, to me the Pro was worth the extra $40 I paid on top of this.

I had a gc for newegg. So I'm in. Not expecting much, some better sound for bedroom gaming without moving in a surround system is all I want. All of the reviews I've read are positive. But for every 5 customers that say they're great there's one that says they are the worst thing ever.

The astros look better but there's no way I'm dropping $250 on a headset, I could buy a good midrange receiver for that much.

bread's done
Back