Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='Prota']Would the coupons be usable after pricematching a game? If so, couldn't one get DW pricematched to 19.99, since Amazon has it for that price, and then use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

They call it "double dipping".you can only get the pricematch,or use your coupon,but not both sadly.

DARN IT! I went ahead and bough it for $10. I hope Dragon Age 2 and Resistance 3 don't drop in price or I've been cheated out of $25.00. Sitll waiting on SCV and SSX price drops, though.

[quote name='jmarano7836']you were just talking about this (in regards to fairytale fights) the other day, i actually was a little shocked, as I thought your wish came true today! ...
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he brings up Fairytale Fights at least once a week, if not more.

[quote name='dino88']I'm pretty sure he brings up Fairytale Fights at least once a week, if not more.[/QUOTE]
Actually no. Sometimes I bring up Sudoku Ball Detective, that Nerf N-Strike bundle or as I did above the Crimecraft MMO PC game that was free after coupon.;)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Girls win every time man. My game is a gamer to so we enjoy playing games together as well. Can't go wrong there.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='agentcoop007']Shot down at tannesborne (near hillsboro OR) best buy, Guy said a memo went out that the coupon cannot be used & that it was being fixed right now. Also noticed they had them hidden under the video game dept cash register so no one could go up front and trick the front end cashiers :([/QUOTE]

Now that's a GSMM move.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Girls win every time man. My game is a gamer to so we enjoy playing games together as well. Can't go wrong there.[/QUOTE]
u must really love ur game, since there is so much gaming to be had

Is there an emailed coupon floating being sent out for another game? While the manager was ringing up Deadliest Warriors for free he was telling the other guy at the register that someone came in and bought a different game that day and got it free with a coupon he had been emailed. I wanted to ask which one, but felt my greed had reached it's bounds and didn't want to push my luck. I have to wonder if it was a legit coupon as someone on cag would've noticed it already. Right?

[quote name='Prota']I just checked their policy and they don't pricematch online-only retailers. Any other retailers have it for that price?[/QUOTE]

I have price-matched Amazon at Best Buy. It was for a blu ray.

Bravo CAG :applause: impressive. Hopefully tomorrow the prices don't rise. I'd love to replicate this deal although some cags are saying that the coupon might not be valid with it

its supposed to be 24.95 starting tomorrow

[quote name='skkared4life']Bravo CAG :applause: impressive. Hopefully tomorrow the prices don't rise. I'd love to replicate this deal although some cags are saying that the coupon might not be valid with it[/QUOTE]

Went into BB earlier this afternoon to buy an extra copy of the mag so I could get 1 PS3/1 XBox Deadliest Warrior (along with another DA2) after hearing the success of others getting DW for free with no hassle. The DW coupon wasn't registering in the system and I didn't wanna put up a fuss since the CSR and Manager were genuinely trying to be helpful.

They actually offered to take down my info and call me when they resolved the coupon issue. Lo and behold, I get a call a couple of hours later. They held the games/mag for me at the CS desk and I went back and walked out with 2 free DW's and a DA2 for $10 (including the cost of the mag).

Now that I see that they're going to change the price of DW, it seems even nicer of the reps. They could've just waited til tomorrow, let the new price resolve the issue and I would have been none the wiser.

Good stuff from BB today...

[quote name='strait edge follower']Its amazing that there is so much hooplah over this turd of a game lol Thats cag for ya :)[/QUOTE]

Hey if there is anything I have learned in life...polish that turd. :)

[quote name='esalw822'] They could've just waited til tomorrow, let the new price resolve the issue and I would have been none the wiser.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Generally the people trying to get on this deal are more informed than the average consumer. This means the change would be known to them and most likely WILL lead to the store getting reported. While they might not care, it certainly doesn't look good for them either. Finally most stores want to get rid of the stock, so this just speeds up the process.

[quote name='esalw822']Went into BB earlier this afternoon to buy an extra copy of the mag so I could get 1 PS3/1 XBox Deadliest Warrior (along with another DA2) after hearing the success of others getting DW for free with no hassle. The DW coupon wasn't registering in the system and I didn't wanna put up a fuss since the CSR and Manager were genuinely trying to be helpful.

They actually offered to take down my info and call me when they resolved the coupon issue. Lo and behold, I get a call a couple of hours later. They held the games/mag for me at the CS desk and I went back and walked out with 2 free DW's and a DA2 for $10 (including the cost of the mag).

Now that I see that they're going to change the price of DW, it seems even nicer of the reps. They could've just waited til tomorrow, let the new price resolve the issue and I would have been none the wiser.

Good stuff from BB today...[/QUOTE]Make sure you're giving the store a good feedback report on the receipt this will make them happy & more likely to be like this in the future.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Its amazing that there is so much hooplah over this turd of a game lol Thats cag for ya :)[/QUOTE]The craziest thing I read in this thread was there's a guy who felt this was what's needed for him to get unlocked...a free game that he's gonna have to spend $15 to get LOL. He passed up all these other great deals to basically pay $15 for this game or all games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: A return of the BB game coupon fuck ups? :pray: Please oh please let em mess up and make a more recent/better title a penny cheaper than the coupon discount.:lol:[/QUOTE]

It's being fixed tomorrow to be $5 AC but I have a reward cert.

Is it worth spending $15 plus tax to get DW, DA 2, & R3 to turn it into $32.50 at GS?

This game kinda grew on me after the first 10 minutes of disappointment. Mindless button masher with excruciating load times. Probably worth $5-$10 to me, but oh so glad I got it for free. Bushido Blade this is not.

[quote name='tmly']This game kinda grew on me after the first 10 minutes of disappointment. Mindless button masher with excruciating load times. Probably worth $5-$10 to me, but oh so glad I got it for free. Bushido Blade this is not.[/QUOTE]
How did the game grow on you? I wish more fighting games would forgo the life meter the way Bushido Blade did. I actually liked not knowing how the tide could turn at any moment.

[quote name='Enuf']
The craziest thing I read in this thread was there's a guy who felt this was what's needed for him to get unlocked...a free game that he's gonna have to spend $15 to get LOL. He passed up all these other great deals to basically pay $15 for this game or all games.[/QUOTE]

The funniest thing to me are the people that would buy a $5 magazine for this deal instead of just spending the $15 for the unlocked membership. They're not spending $15 on the free game. The game is $20 retail. They're spending $15 on a $20 game + all the other deals to come along for a year after that tiny investment.

The only reason to possibly do this deal is to flip this game. I won't bother unless I go to BB this week for something else and this remains free.

Stopped by before work to grab this, the manager was friendly and apologized for taking a long time to ring it up. Overall great experience. Picked up Duke Nukem so it'd be a positive payment, $3.20 for both, not bad for two what I assume are awful games.

[quote name='sadboy']How did the game grow on you? I wish more fighting games would forgo the life meter the way Bushido Blade did. I actually liked not knowing how the tide could turn at any moment.[/QUOTE]

Having low expectations help, but after tolerating the load times, it's actually pretty fun to throw a spear at someone's face or chopping off some limbs. It's not refined at all, but for a budget title, it's bearable. And the avatar unlocks are kinda cool.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's being fixed tomorrow to be $5 AC but I have a reward cert.

Is it worth spending $15 plus tax to get DW, DA 2, & R3 to turn it into $32.50 at GS?[/QUOTE]
That depends. Is that $15 cash or BB credit? If it's credit, that's not too bad then, since you're at least doubling what you're paying for the original three games.

Is shipping not free anymore? My local store doesn't have it in stock, but its avalible for shipping.. its charing me like 3 bucks though. Hell im not even sure if i can use the coupon online either way

*edit* can you use the coupon for in store pickups at all? Trying to do a ship to store but i dont see how to enter it. All i see is reward certificates option and theres no regular code on the back. The UPC doesn't work. Id just go in tommorow to do it but people are saying the price will go up by then =( Hopefully someone answers tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't use the coupons online as of yet. Otherwise I'd probably try doing this myself and get one for in store pickup before they change the price to $25. Shipping is only free anymore if you have $25+ or you're a Reward Zone Silver member.

Hmm reward zone silver is what they call the game unlocked isn't it? or is that something else. Well that sucks =( So basically all I can do is go in tomorow and have them set up a store ship option and wind up having to pay $5? Is it for sure theyre fixing it tommorow? Free was good but even at 5 bucks i heard this game was god awful.

Bottom line is that it seems theres absolutely no way to pick it up in store with the coupon is there? If i just pay for it now and go in, using the coupon when i pick it up: I dont think i can use the coupon then, can I? Grrr.. well maybe i can try it anyway. I dont think you get charged until you pick it up

No you can't do it. I tried before at different stores and asked them to apply the coupon to my in-store pickup and was unsuccessful every time (their system doesn't allow it)

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm reward zone silver is what they call the game unlocked isn't it? or is that something else. Well that sucks =( So basically all I can do is go in tomorow and have them set up a store ship option and wind up having to pay $5? Is it for sure theyre fixing it tommorow? Free was good but even at 5 bucks i heard this game was god awful.

Bottom line is that it seems theres absolutely no way to pick it up in store with the coupon is there? If i just pay for it now and go in, using the coupon when i pick it up: I dont think i can use the coupon then, can I? Grrr.. well maybe i can try it anyway. I dont think you get charged until you pick it up[/QUOTE]
Reward Zone Silver is different from the Gamer Unlocked.

Also, I've read that you can ask the associate to cancel your in-store pick up order then rebuy it in a normal transaction but if the price rises (the price on bb.com is still showing $20 for me) they won't honor the old price since you've canceled.

Was able to get this to work yesterday at the BB in Marlborough MA. Took a manager override and about 5-10minutes, but pretty worth it. I brought it to my buddies after class and there were 4 of us taking turns playing vs. in the second Deadliest warrior game. The game isnt great quality, but its hard not to have a great time laughing and watching the characters fall apart when barely touched by the opponent. One thing this game has taught me is that its apparently much easier to kick someone's limbs off than previously thought.

Just check the site & its still $19.99 & still available at my location. Am going to be there 10 - 5 minutes before they open. Hopefully I won't have a problem early in morning.

They said the price is going back to $24.99 today, so when the coupon rings up it's going to be $5.00. Best Buy only honored the deal for yesterday, and it's if they read the news center to know to honor it.

[quote name='GamesAreCool']They said the price is going back to $24.99 today, so when the coupon rings up it's going to be $5.00. Best Buy only honored the deal for yesterday, and it's if they read the news center to know to honor it.[/QUOTE]

well they have an hour and a half to change the price. Otherwise it should still ring up as 19.99

[quote name='dino88']Just because the price is $19.99 online doesn't mean they didn't change the price in store.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I believe they match their online prices should there be a difference.

Long time lurker, first time poster,

Did this yesterday in Garner, NC. I bought Rocksmith for $40 so I think they wanted to be nice to me. Took less than 5 minutes for the manager override.

Game is kind of booty though. But hey, for free....well, its still crap.

It was definitely fun reading through this thread for other peoples experiences!

stopped by a bb close to my work after work and they had 0. decided to stop by one closer to my house (which i mostly go to) and they had 2 left.

grabbed one took it to register and the clerk said he couldn't do it, because he would practically be giving the game away. i said sure you could - there is nothing in the coupon that exempts it from happening.

he called over a manager and made it happen. pretty cool just to get a free $20 game... even if it is horrible. doubt it if people will be able to get the same deal today but... good luck!

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Long time lurker, first time poster,

Did this yesterday in Garner, NC. I bought Rocksmith for $40 so I think they wanted to be nice to me. Took less than 5 minutes for the manager override.

Game is kind of booty though. But hey, for free....well, its still crap.

It was definitely fun reading through this thread for other peoples experiences![/QUOTE]

I always go to the Garner one and I NEVER can get a manager to override anything!

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']Yes, but I believe they match their online prices should there be a difference.[/QUOTE]

You can either price match or use the coupon, not both on the same purchase.

[quote name='dino88']Just because the price is $19.99 online doesn't mean they didn't change the price in store.[/QUOTE]

still wouldn't hurt to try. For the most part the prices reflected on their site are same in store unless they are outlet items.

You guys are lucky, the first store I went to said some complete bullshit that the coupon is not working today since they are changing the price and then the 2nd store I went to said that it was valid sunday only and they are overriding the transaction to charge us 5 bucks for it, making the coupon value only 15. Yeah, needless to say I was a bit bummed but its only deadliest warrior I guess.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']still wouldn't hurt to try. For the most part the prices reflected on their site are same in store unless they are outlet items.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. It never hurts to try. The worst they can say is NO. If they do, no biggie.

[quote name='yingfo']I always go to the Garner one and I NEVER can get a manager to override anything![/QUOTE]

Well it was a younger girl, she was actually a supervisor I believe. She checked with her manager and I guess I just have that charm about me. I think they like me because I cleared a lot of their Duke Nukem Forever inventory. :p

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Well it was a younger girl, she was actually a supervisor I believe. She checked with her manager and I guess I just have that charm about me. I think they like me because I cleared a lot of their Duke Nukem Forever inventory. :p[/QUOTE]

I'll be on the look out for her, I might just not have the charm to get that to happen lol

[quote name='yingfo']I'll be on the look out for her, I might just not have the charm to get that to happen lol[/QUOTE]

just whip out your Oscar meyer

Bought it yesterday....$1.27 was the total. I guess its worth it because...*Realism*. Havent opened it yet...but play demo on xbl....intense fights iguess.. get your leg chopped off in one hit. Or should i sell it on ebay?

bread's done
Back