Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm trying out the main Deadliest Warrior game now on PS3. It's a 960mb install for that one by itself.:roll:[/QUOTE]

One of the many reasons I couldnt stand my PS3 anymore, obscene DL and install times for certain games with no real benefit for sitting 20+ mins or more at times....

Ugh let me put the game in and play and install if I want to....

[quote name='Derrick1979']One of the many reasons I couldnt stand my PS3 anymore, obscene DL and install times for certain games with no real benefit for sitting 20+ mins or more at times....

Ugh let me put the game in and play and install if I want to....[/QUOTE]

yea i dont know why ps3 patches are 1000mb but the 360 version is 1mb. it seriously makes 0 sense. or maybe it does make sense and i just dont know why

Just started playing my FREE copy of this tonight and if you are an Achievement whore like myself, the first game can land you around 130 EASY Achievement Points. I think I am just gonna take this to GameStop tomorrow and get the $6 TIC towards my Borderlands 2 reservation.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Just a heads up that trade-in value at Gamestop dropped from $9 to $6.[/QUOTE]

GameStop is currently running an offer in which you can get an extra $10 in Trade in Credit if you trade in 3 games with a trade in value of over $3 each.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Of course not. PS3 uses blu-ray, so no need for multiple discs. 360 uses dvd, which is really outdated and can't hold nearly as much data as blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Of course not, but my Prince of Persia CE came with a bonus blu-ray, my Rainbow Six Vegas 2 came with a bonus blu-ray (xbox version had dvd), my MGS4 CE came with a bonus blu-ray. I'm sure there are more examples, but those were CE's and not some shit ass xbox live/PSN compilation disc based on a shit ass spike TV show. ;)

[quote name='technicalstylez']anyone else still waiting on their mag to show up in the mail?[/QUOTE]

Mine finally showed up yesterday. Not sure what to do with the extra coupons...

[QUOTE: [Montymonster;9712130] Has anyone tried this in-store? This might be enough to convince me to finally pull the trigger and become and Unlocked member.

[ANSWER:

I went 2 days ago and the Deadliest Warrior was 19.99, I tried using the $20 gamer mag coupon and they would not let me have it. I looked on back of coupon and it didn't say anything about not letting customer have it if it was free after coupon. I called the manager over and they still would not let me have it. I have had nothing but problems with Best Buy store in Brandon, Florida this past year ... I have tried other coupons (even though the game I had previously tried to purchase over the past few months was $40 minus $20 coupon so it would be $20 for game) ... and Best Buy would not honor any of the coupons stating sale prices (even though the coupon said nothing of sale prices voiding purchase), coupon not good even though it was the actual coupon out of my subscription magazine and I was trying to use coupon during the valid dates on the coupon! Thanks for letting me rant!

[quote name='MedKit'][QUOTE: [Montymonster;9712130] Has anyone tried this in-store? This might be enough to convince me to finally pull the trigger and become and Unlocked member.

[ANSWER:

I went 2 days ago and the Deadliest Warrior was 19.99, I tried using the $20 gamer mag coupon and they would not let me have it. I looked on back of coupon and it didn't say anything about not letting customer have it if it was free after coupon. I called the manager over and they still would not let me have it. I have had nothing but problems with Best Buy store in Brandon, Florida this past year ... I have tried other coupons (even though the game I had previously tried to purchase over the past few months was $40 minus $20 coupon so it would be $20 for game) ... and Best Buy would not honor any of the coupons stating sale prices (even though the coupon said nothing of sale prices voiding purchase), coupon not good even though it was the actual coupon out of my subscription magazine and I was trying to use coupon during the valid dates on the coupon! Thanks for letting me rant![/QUOTE]

I guess it all depends on the store, I know around KC Metro area, the Liberty, MO store is vastly different than the Independence, MO store.

The Liberty one will fight tooth and nail to prevent you from getting any sort of deal. They did that with this game for me until my persistence paid off and the manager threw a temper tantrum in front of me and a line of other customers and approved it. I have even had troubles with them seeing how much I paid for games on Store Pick-ups via the DoTD sales they've had recently, and accusing me of hacking the system and/or pulling something shady. Almost denying me the pick-up until I threaten to call corporate and complain directly mentioning the name of all manager/associates involved. I avoid this store like the plague unless they are the only one available for deals.

The Independence one is awesome for me (and closer). Most all of the employees there are helpful and laid back. They never question the DoTD and even price-match Amazon prices for the most part. All of the crew in the gaming section are fun to BS with and they really make it an overall good experience. On this game specifically, the cashier pulled up the Best Buy forums on his register, saw that they were pennying out the game with the coupon and the manager just typed in his code and walked away, no questions asked.

I guess my point is, if you have another store around you.. even 20 min away.. might give it a shot if the experience is better, it might be worth the extra time to travel there to get in on deals.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I guess it all depends on the store, I know around KC Metro area, the Liberty, MO store is vastly different than the Independence, MO store.

The Liberty one will fight tooth and nail to prevent you from getting any sort of deal. They did that with this game for me until my persistence paid off and the manager threw a temper tantrum in front of me and a line of other customers and approved it. I have even had troubles with them seeing how much I paid for games on Store Pick-ups via the DoTD sales they've had recently, and accusing me of hacking the system and/or pulling something shady. Almost denying me the pick-up until I threaten to call corporate and complain directly mentioning the name of all manager/associates involved. I avoid this store like the plague unless they are the only one available for deals.

The Independence one is awesome for me (and closer). Most all of the employees there are helpful and laid back. They never question the DoTD and even price-match Amazon prices for the most part. All of the crew in the gaming section are fun to BS with and they really make it an overall good experience. On this game specifically, the cashier pulled up the Best Buy forums on his register, saw that they were pennying out the game with the coupon and the manager just typed in his code and walked away, no questions asked.

I guess my point is, if you have another store around you.. even 20 min away.. might give it a shot if the experience is better, it might be worth the extra time to travel there to get in on deals.[/QUOTE]

I find it truly amusing how identical our stores are... I have a store near me that fights me on absolutely everything, especially DOTD. When I bought Silent Hill: Downpour the second closest BB from my house was the only one that had it in stock, so I decided to get it for in-store pickup there.. When I went to pick it up it was a pre-owned labeled copy waiting for me behind the customer service desk. I kindly pointed out to them that the game I had ordered was the DOTD and said nothing about being pre-owned. The manager refused to believe that I bought the new edition and claimed I had purchased the pre-owned edition instead since a new copy costs $49.99 and not $19.99. And this isn't the first time were they tried to pull that on me, same thing happened with the madagascar DOTD as well as pictionary. I also avoid this specific store now like the plague, whether they are the only store that has a specific product or not.

And much like you, I have a closer Best Buy that is absolutely stunning in service. Unfortunately they don't always have all the deal items in stock, which is why I had to go to different stores a few times to get in-store pickup.

Also, if you know your local Gaming supervisor or manager and you haven't received your @Gamer magazine when a deal goes live you can always ask them for a magazine or a specific coupon. My magazine always seems to come in very late so my local store has given me the in-store magazine a few times. This of course is very YMMV, so if you go to the first store you described I doubt they would give it to you there.

I am surprised you all have not called the RZ department to complain about these situations. They will investigate the issue and try to resolve it and even usually give you some free rewardzone certificates for the nonsense you went thtrough.

This must be the MO for Best Buy. Store by my house exists purely to piss me off by refusing to match any online offer, honor competitor deals, or even deliver any kind of positive customer experience at all. Store near my office, at least generally price matches competitors without too much fuss.

Overall it's a negative experience and I won't buy anything from Best Buy without making sure it's at a loss for them. Amazon and Newegg can drive their asses into the ground and I might take the time to piss on the rubble. Maybe.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am surprised you all have not called the RZ department to complain about these situations. They will investigate the issue and try to resolve it and even usually give you some free rewardzone certificates for the nonsense you went thtrough.[/QUOTE]

Between family, work, and attempts to get sleep... I honestly don't have the time. I'm not even sure how I manage to find the time to go pick up the deals... without my wife killing me.... :whee:

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Between family, work, and attempts to get sleep... I honestly don't have the time. I'm not even sure how I manage to find the time to go pick up the deals... without my wife killing me.... :whee:[/QUOTE]

Calling them does take time yes, but if it helps resolve the issues you have thus lessening your headache in the long run is it not worth it? Plus if you get some free money does not also increase your desire to contact?

Either someone nearby is hording or these stores near me suck. Everytime there is a deal like this, the BestBuys and Gamestops around here seem to be out of stock.

[quote name='sgr76']Either someone nearby is hording or these stores near me suck. Everytime there is a deal like this, the BestBuys and Gamestops around here seem to be out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Blame the flippers who actively brag about selling games for profit. Unfortunately even banning them wouldn't stop it as they could still see site posts.

[quote name='Romeo']Blame the flippers who actively brag about selling games for profit. Unfortunately even banning them wouldn't stop it as they could still see site posts.[/QUOTE]
Oh for the love of gravy boats.

[quote name='Derrick1979']One of the many reasons I couldnt stand my PS3 anymore, obscene DL and install times for certain games with no real benefit for sitting 20+ mins or more at times....

Ugh let me put the game in and play and install if I want to....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really hate that too. The curse of blu rays. I'd rather deal with the longer loading times and decide case by case if I want to install it. The 4+gb installations are fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Never has so much been made from so little.[/QUOTE]

Wow. This thread is 30 pages long. I think we've spent more time writing this thread than the game programmers spent writing code for "Deadliest Warriors."

For those still on the fence, I'll post my initial thoughts on this game for anyone considering this deal.

When playing on normal, I found that the first 3-5 opponents up to and including the 'mirror match' where you take on the warrior you're playing as were decent and pretty easy to beat. But after that match I swear it's like they ramped up the difficulty.

On top of that, don't expect to be wowed by eye popping arenas, as the backgrounds/arenas you play in are pretty generic at best.

Besides all this, if you want to play the 6 exclusive episodes of DW on your PS3 you have to scroll over to the video section of the XMB, as I couldn't find anywhere to play them from in the games' menus.

For $5 it's an ok title and you should be able to get an hour or two of fun out of it. But be warned that you also have to install BOTH games from the disc onto your PS3's HDD. The normal DW game is 960mb's while the DW Legends game is 1800mb's. So a lil over 2gb's of space used for both games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those still on the fence, I'll post my initial thoughts on this game for anyone considering this deal.

When playing on normal, I found that the first 3-5 opponents up to and including the 'mirror match' where you take on the warrior you're playing as were decent and pretty easy to beat. But after that match I swear it's like they ramped up the difficulty.

On top of that, don't expect to be wowed by eye popping arenas, as the backgrounds/arenas you play in are pretty generic at best.

Besides all this, if you want to play the 6 exclusive episodes of DW on your PS3 you have to scroll over to the video section of the XMB, as I couldn't find anywhere to play them from in the games' menus.

For $5 it's an ok title and you should be able to get an hour or two of fun out of it. But be warned that you also have to install BOTH games from the disc onto your PS3's HDD. The normal DW game is 960mb's while the DW Legends game is 1800mb's. So a lil over 2gb's of space used for both games.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even mind the 2gb install if that at least meant the game was just on my HDD at that point and I could play it whenever. I realize they "can't do that because omg just one disk and everyone on the planet could install the game" but if they're gonna make a crappy game that installs more data than the size of my first laptop (OK, that's a lie, my first laptop had a 4gb HDD), then there needs to be some reward for doing that, IMO :)

so here a question. if i were to acquire a code from a magazine and not be a unlocked member can i still use said coupon with my locked gamers rewards

I honestly dont see the point of this thread anymore. We have the bestbuy coupon thread which this deal should be added too If it hasnt been added already. The only thing is that the thread Is burried somewhere lol

I find it odd that as soon as the match starts I can shoot an arrow and if I hit him in the head I win. I guess that's the realism factor kicking in :whistle2:x

Fight lasts about 10 seconds with 2 minutes of loading.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I honestly dont see the point of this thread anymore. We have the bestbuy coupon thread which this deal should be added too If it hasnt been added already. The only thing is that the thread Is burried somewhere lol[/QUOTE]The thread is wiki but you can't edit the title & the title is what really got this thread poppin.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322272

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Yes, Sudoku Ball Detective on the DS was also free. I knew there was at least 1 DS game... I didn't bother with Let's Tap, so I would have never remembered that one and figured there was a shitty Wii game I missed.[/QUOTE]

don't forget 3 free copies of x blades

Just stopped by my local Best Buy (Nashville west) after they pulled them all of the shelf because of a "pricing error". Well they put them back on the shelf at $29.99! The worst part is they made a little endcap dedicated to @gamer coupons! They have a copy of the coupons in a frame and all of the games on one rack.

I guess the manager is now going to be monitoring the @gamer coupons every month! :wall:

[quote name='halokilla91']Just stopped by my local Best Buy (Nashville west) after they pulled them all of the shelf because of a "pricing error". Well they put them back on the shelf at $29.99! The worst part is they made a little endcap dedicated to @gamer coupons! They have a copy of the coupons in a frame and all of the games on one rack.

I guess the manager is now going to be monitoring the @gamer coupons every month! :wall:[/QUOTE]

its like best buy cooperate comes up with amazing sales. best buy managers think its some sort of mistake and are then trained to act like a-holes.

[quote name='halokilla91']Just stopped by my local Best Buy (Nashville west) after they pulled them all of the shelf because of a "pricing error". Well they put them back on the shelf at $29.99! The worst part is they made a little endcap dedicated to @gamer coupons! They have a copy of the coupons in a frame and all of the games on one rack.

I guess the manager is now going to be monitoring the @gamer coupons every month! :wall:[/QUOTE]report the store to corp. then request a call from the store manager. Usually when you get directly to them or a DM changes get put in place quickly & once you have a relationship with the store manager it'll be easier to get things done correctly.

I guess the manager is now going to be monitoring the @gamer coupons every month! :wall:[/QUOTE]

You could always try to PM the online price of $24.99, but yeah, that manager sounds like a tool. Best of luck in the future - I'd also advise to seek out employees that are also gamers/generally helpful.

[quote name='Dund3r']You could always try to PM the online price of $24.99, but yeah, that manager sounds like a tool. Best of luck in the future - I'd also advise to seek out employees that are also gamers/generally helpful.[/QUOTE]

which is only a handful.

[quote name='Dund3r']You could always try to PM the online price of $24.99, but yeah, that manager sounds like a tool. Best of luck in the future - I'd also advise to seek out employees that are also gamers/generally helpful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are two guys that work there that are pretty hardcore gamers and they are both fairly helpful. I was still able to get Dragon age II for $5, so as long as something doesn't ring up totally free I think im good!

[quote name='halokilla91']Yeah, there are two guys that work there that are pretty hardcore gamers and they are both fairly helpful. I was still able to get Dragon age II for $5, so as long as something doesn't ring up totally free I think im good![/QUOTE]
I got DA II for $5 too,but i don't know when i'll get around to playing it.You're not missing much with Deadliest Warrior,it really is pretty bad.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Is this easy to platinum? That might be worth $5.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand of the PS3 version it is impossible to platinum.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']From what I understand of the PS3 version it is impossible to platinum.[/QUOTE]

I heard the same about the 360 version as well

i just beat both games using my mk te stick and i thought they were pretty fun. the 2nd game is a big improvement over the first but i still enjoyed the first since i could be a ninja. the 6 episodes of the tv show make it more than worth the 5 bucks, to me anyways.

When I went to one best buy yesterday I asked the guy if they had anymore magazines they had none but I saw one on the side but the coupons weren't there and i tried to scan the bar code inside the magazine and i was near the counter and the guy asks me he wants the magazine back.

I did go to another best buy to get the magazine and got the game.

bread's done
Back