Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Yeah, and he's trophocused, so don't bother this guy![/QUOTE]

Good one, emo or nu-metal screen name guy.

*edit: check my user title now, guy. Is that better?

[quote name='admiralvic']Thats not false advertising. The coupons are most likely decided earlier that month or some time prior and most likely based off elements like sales figures. Sadly the game dropped in MSRP (which is something NO ONE could predict) and the two synced. It's happened before and will happen again. Since the two can't exist at the same time, they added a small bit of value. Even with the magazines cost, it would cost less to buy that and the game than just the game.

If you don't like this explanation, false advertising is used to get you to BUY something because something was said to be included that wasn't or lying to get you in the store. Since neither are true, you just look like a fucking douche.[/QUOTE]

What about the 1s and 1s of people that were going to buy Deadliest Warrior for 19.99, but now have to pay an extra $5 for no reason?

If it's labeled at 19.99 and rings up at 24.99 then that's false advertising. Shelf space is advertisment.

[quote name='Japanaman']What price drop? I stopped by one of my local Best Buy stores today and they still sold it for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

did it ring up at 29.99? Or did you go by the shelf tag?

Sorry to interrupt, but im going to write something pertaining to the deal.

I went to the Best Buy at Nashville west and they removed all of there copies from the shelves. They told meit was due to a pricing error and to check back in a couple of days.

You may continue with your meaningless arguments!:argue:

I went to Best Buy today and it was labeled $19.99 on the shelf. At the register it scanned $24.99. I pointed this out and was just asked to show the cashier the sign with the lower price. I did so and a manager quickly approved the price change. I also was able to use two Dragon Age II coupons with no hassle at all.

[quote name='blinknot4']People posting legal shit, flexing their consumer rights muscles... what the fizzitty-fuuck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blinknot4']You seem as crazy as the rest of the people in this thread that are calling their state senators, picketing outside of town hall, and booking flights to travel to congress to testify that their Warrior rights have been jeopardized to the point of un-Deadliest.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly, these are not even close to harsh insults, but they are insults none-the-less. If it was just these minor insulting quotes, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. But these, combined with your unnecessary and uncalled-for use of swearing are what drove me to comment.

If you have a legitimate argument to make, then there is no need to swear because your argument will stand on its own merits and prevail. If you have no legitimate argument to make, then swearing will not make your argument legitimate. Either way, swearing is unnecessary and only serves to undermine your credibility, and honestly impacts people's perception of your maturity.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You are my new favorite CAG...but I will defeat you someday with nothing but pure RAGE and ignorance. :boxing:[/QUOTE]

And Cancerman, since I adhere to the Rational Discussion Flowchart, if you rage and resort to ignorance in our discussions, you have already lost, not just to me, but to your self and to the concept of reason itself. It would be a self-defeating en-devour. But since I recognize that you're joking of course, I look forward to you trying. :D

[quote name='eldergias']Admittedly, these are not even close to harsh insults, but they are insults none-the-less. If it was just these minor insulting quotes, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. But these, combined with your unnecessary and uncalled-for use of swearing are what drove me to comment.

If you have a legitimate argument to make, then there is no need to swear because your argument will stand on its own merits and prevail. If you have no legitimate argument to make, then swearing will not make your argument legitimate. Either way, swearing is unnecessary and only serves to undermine your credibility, and honestly impacts people's perception of your maturity.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree with you. You seem all floaty and Deepak Chopra-like. I'm a bit more hyped up and full of adrenaline and like having a good fucking time. We would never be friends in real life (or on here).

Either way, sorry if my swearing offended you - but I won't stop. Carry on and enjoy Deadliest Warrior.

[quote name='confoosious']i love this thread.

I hope we see a coupon/free deal on Leela soon.[/QUOTE]

LOL, me too.

Nine out of ten confoosious posts are guaranteed to have the lawl'z inside.

*edit - we are almost at 30 pages of insanity...

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']wait aren't u banned at bb trade in lol?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was. I tried a trade in very early this month and it allowed me to trade in. As long as I stay unbanned I'm not gonna push it anymore by trading in shit in bulk though.:cry:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I think he was referring to Gamestop. He would get about a $3-$4 profit if their tic sticks. You can only get $2 for it at Best Buy and that's including the 100% bonus.[/QUOTE]
Actually it had a TIV of $3 for at least the PS3 version earlier today when I checked for BB.

[quote name='blinknot4']I completely disagree with you. You seem all floaty and Deepak Chopra-like. I'm a bit more hyped up and full of adrenaline and like having a good fucking time. We would never be friends in real life (or on here).

Either way, sorry if my swearing offended you - but I won't stop. Carry on and enjoy Deadliest Warrior.[/QUOTE]

So you honestly believe that swearing does make your arguments more valid? Would you mind sharing your logic with me?

I am only being "floaty and Deepak Chopra-like" because we are having a discussion on which we disagree, and I am a firm believer that civility and clarity increases communication. Under normal circumstances I am much more loose.

I was not offended by your swearing, but thank your for your concern and apology. I agree we would not be friends based on our personalities, but that does not mean we can't be civil. I am just bothered by seeing your swearing and insults in a community like CAG that I consider slightly more civil and civilized than other spots on the internet. People on here tend to be nice and helpful to one another, and seeing someone work against that community is disheartening.

by the way, here's a summary for any new people in this thread:

1) it was free yesterday in the morning
2) it was free yesterday with override in the afternoon.
3) it's supposed to ring up $24.99 today so you can use the $20 coupon with no override and get it for $5

[quote name='eldergias']So you honestly believe that swearing does make your arguments more valid? Would you mind sharing your logic with me?

I am only being "floaty and Deepak Chopra-like" because we are having a discussion on which we disagree, and I am a firm believer that civility and clarity increases communication. Under normal circumstances I am much more loose.

I was not offended by your swearing, but thank your for your concern and apology. I agree we would not be friends based on our personalities, but that does not mean we can't be civil. I am just bothered by seeing your swearing and insults in a community like CAG that I consider slightly more civil and civilized than other spots on the internet. People on here tend to be nice and helpful to one another, and seeing someone work against that community is disheartening.[/QUOTE]

::pours a drink for eldergias::
Here, dude. Seems like you could use this.

::fires up bath-salts::
These are for me...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah I was. I tried a trade in very early this month and it allowed me to trade in. As long as I stay unbanned I'm not gonna push it anymore by trading in shit in bulk though.:cry:

Actually it had a TIV of $3 for at least the PS3 version earlier today when I checked for BB.[/QUOTE]

interesting. I should see if I'm still banned. You sure the employee didn't just bypass the prompt that pops up saying you're banned?

[quote name='blinknot4']::pours a drink for eldergias::

Here, dude. Seems like you could use this.

::fires up bath-salts::

These are for me...[/QUOTE]

::sits down and takes drink::

I take it that you would like to drop this conversation. I'm fine with that. Let's just relax with a drink and a soak.

::toasts blinknot::

[quote name='eldergias']So you honestly believe that swearing does make your arguments more valid? Would you mind sharing your logic with me?

I was not offended by your swearing, but thank your for your concern and apology. I agree we would not be friends based on our personalities, but that does not mean we can't be civil. I am just bothered by seeing your swearing and insults in a community like CAG that I consider slightly more civil and civilized than other spots on the internet. People on here tend to be nice and helpful to one another, and seeing someone work against that community is disheartening.[/QUOTE]

did you miss the in flight movie? (sigh)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']did you miss the in flight movie? (sigh)[/QUOTE]

But I've already seen Sleepless in Seattle... (BTW, it looks like your "movie" post was deleted. I have noticed a lot of posts going missing in a lot of threads recently)

BTW, just in case people are not fully aware (didn't see this posted elsewhere in the thread). We all know this game is just the two DW DLC games with all of their DLC characters and weapons along with 6 unreleased episodes of the show. The only *bonus* stuff are 30 additional weapons for use in DW: Legends, and a new Graveyard fighting arena (not a new game mode as I originally thought, just a new arena).

[quote name='eldergias']But I've already seen Sleepless in Seattle...

BTW, just in case people are not fully aware (didn't see this posted elsewhere in the thread). We all know this game is just the two DW DLC games with all of their DLC characters and weapons along with 6 unreleased episodes of the show. The only *bonus* stuff are 30 additional weapons for use in DW: Legends, and a new Graveyard fighting arena (not a new game mode as I originally thought, just a new arena).[/QUOTE]

here....take an extra bag of peanuts......but you didn't get those from me. (wink wink nudge nudge)

My post was deleted? WTH! Guess the mods don't like Bambi!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']interesting. I should see if I'm still banned. You sure the employee didn't just bypass the prompt that pops up saying you're banned?[/QUOTE]
He didn't. He actually got all the way up to the point where they load the gc with the credit and finished the transaction. The screen didn't pop up like it did 2 months ago or so.:)

Of course, now that I said this it'll pop back up when I go to try trading in some of my backlog in another month or two again.:whistle2:#

[quote name='eldergias']::sits down and takes drink::

I take it that you would like to drop this conversation. I'm fine with that. Let's just relax with a drink and a soak.

::toasts blinknot::[/QUOTE]

We're cool, man. Also, a heads up, bath salts... are not really bath salts...

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']did you miss the in flight movie? (sigh)[/QUOTE]

I legitmate lol. You are killin' me tonite.

Just for the fun of it, I'd like like to point something out to those that were crying foul that yesterday they didn't get their penny difference back. The coupons state "no cash back."

[quote name='confoosious']Bath salts are for losers. I've been grinding up and injecting moth balls.[/QUOTE]

I'm too cheap to pay for bath salts so when I want to spice up my bathing routine I just put some shampoo in the tub for the bubbly effect.

Also, this thread, this is almost as bad as the Lollipop Chainsaw thread. And again, hot damn, C-Foo is killing em.

[quote name='confoosious']Bath salts are for losers. I've been grinding up and injecting moth balls.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']I'm too cheap to pay for bath salts so when I want to spice up my bathing routine I just put some shampoo in the tub for the bubbly effect.

Also, this thread, this is almost as bad as the Lollipop Chainsaw thread. And again, hot damn, C-Foo is killing em.[/QUOTE]

A moth's ball salt trumps all. Small, but totally wrecks.

Just came back from the BBY near UCF and had to have the manager override the price. The game came up as 24.99, but the sticker was showing 19.99. The manager had to bring me to customer service to credit me 5.00 because the system didn't let them override the price at the register. In the end, I payed 1.29 (FL sales tax). BTW: I bought the last PS3 version from that store. Happy hunting!

I know this has been said before, even in this very thread possibly, but I believe it bears repeating.
You guys, this game is HORRIBLE. Horrible.
Ranks up there with some of mankind's most awful crimes.

[quote name='brianace']I know this has been said before, even in this very thread possibly, but I believe it bears repeating.
Ranks up there with some of mankind's most awful crimes.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go return it tomorrow. Give them back a penny.

lol i went to my BB today and they had the price on the shelf for deadliest warrior but no copies. the price was 19.99. The SA went to the back and grabbed a copy and it rang up as $24.99. i pointed out that it was $19.99 on the shelf but the SA and the manager insisted that it was for a "different version" of the same game series (like halo 2 and halo 3). lame excuse -__- but for $5, I'm not gonna nag about it I guess.

[quote name='brianace']I know this has been said before, even in this very thread possibly, but I believe it bears repeating.
Ranks up there with some of mankind's most awful crimes.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually played this game with a friend? Not just single player? I admit, the single player is not good, but playing with friends is a lot of fun imo.

Got my copy, paid $5.xx (even though I have 2 BB Gift Cards I forgot to use, I'm a moron). Didn't see a tag for it at $19.99, and had no problem paying for it.

Manager hooked me up this evening. Didn't even really ask, they just offered it to me since it was 'the last game they had'. Game rang up $25. The supervisor showed him the $19.99 tag and the manager honored it. Except how it was done was new to me...

Instead of manually discounting the game down, they 'made up' a gift card for $5.29 and just 'sold' it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...all this for a crap, bunk game. I saw this thread yesterday around noon or something. I could have gotten the game free. I just didnt want to waste my time with a game I will never, ever play. Even "free" has a price - such as the time wasted driving to the store, and then the time wasted haggling with the cashier/manager to get them to accept the coupon and get the deal, and then the time wasted actually playing the game (the most agonizing part IMHO). Not to mention you have to pay $5 for the mag. All for a POS game I will never play... No thanks. This game should be free anyway, thats the only way they will get people to play it. Ugh.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Wow...all this for a crap, bunk game. I saw this thread yesterday around noon or something. I could have gotten the game free. I just didnt want to waste my time with a game I will never, ever play. Even "free" has a price - such as the time wasted driving to the store, and then the time wasted haggling with the cashier/manager to get them to accept the coupon and get the deal, and then the time wasted actually playing the game (the most agonizing part IMHO). Not to mention you have to pay $5 for the mag. All for a POS game I will never play... No thanks. This game should be free anyway, thats the only way they will get people to play it. Ugh.[/QUOTE]
Most of us have the subscription due to being in the Gamer's Club Unlocked, so at most it's $1.50 an issue(10 issue sub). But my subscription/membership already paid for itself quite a few times over from all of the trades I was doing. So the magazine subscription is like a bonus for me.:D

I went to the West Paterson Best Buy last night after seeing the OP and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure if this is usually the case or not, but the only Gamer magazines they had on the rack were from March & April of 2011. Yes, 2011. When I asked if they had any of the June 2012 issues, the salesman pulled one out from the side of the register he was at said "you mean this one?" but didn't hand it over right away. I actually had to tell him "I want to buy it". Anyway I took out the coupon (I bought the magazine too), grabbed the game and proceeded to the register. It took a couple of minutes for the cashier and the manager to figure out how to make the coupon work, but they changed the price of the game to $20.00 from $19.99 and I was done. Thanks OP!

Late to the party, but was able to snag one free yesterday, did things a little different....

Grabbed the @Gamer magazine, went to customer service, paid for said magazine, told cashier I wanted to use it on :360: version, tore coupon out, scanned game, scanned coupon, printed receipt, good to go :D

Went back tonight, both PS3 copies they had were gone, I got the last :360: version.

Well Best Buy was too kind this father's day season. Free $5 RZ credit and a free DW game, which I sold for $15. My kind of store!

[quote name='arbailey']I went to the West Paterson Best Buy last night after seeing the OP and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure if this is usually the case or not, but the only Gamer magazines they had on the rack were from March & April of 2011. Yes, 2011. When I asked if they had any of the June 2012 issues, the salesman pulled one out from the side of the register he was at said "you mean this one?" but didn't hand it over right away. I actually had to tell him "I want to buy it". Anyway I took out the coupon (I bought the magazine too), grabbed the game and proceeded to the register. It took a couple of minutes for the cashier and the manager to figure out how to make the coupon work, but they changed the price of the game to $20.00 from $19.99 and I was done. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

lol...I'm still not understanding why anyone would do this. I guess it's something psychological that leads people to want something they didn't want before simply because it's "free". You do realize that you paid 1/3 of the subscription fee which is incomprehensibly more valuable than "deadliest warrior". The site is for cheap ass games, not cheap ass pieces of sh*t. LOL, there has to be some discretion here, folks.

A friend and I had a good laugh playing this game as the ninja and watching the episode about the ninja (and calling bullshit whenever they said anything bad about the ninja). The dismemberment and gore was pretty funny, I really enjoyed my time with this game (before I traded into gamestop). Well worth $0.

[quote name='ken9']lol i went to my BB today and they had the price on the shelf for deadliest warrior but no copies. the price was 19.99. The SA went to the back and grabbed a copy and it rang up as $24.99. i pointed out that it was $19.99 on the shelf but the SA and the manager insisted that it was for a "different version" of the same game series (like halo 2 and halo 3). lame excuse -__- but for $5, I'm not gonna nag about it I guess.[/QUOTE]

hardcore manager fail right there.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder how many copies of DW BB gave away yesterday? :)[/QUOTE]

good question. maybe we all gave the publishers the false impression that this game needs a sequel? deadliest warrior 2 anyone??? they are probably looking at yesterday and todays sales and wonder WTF???

[quote name='breakfuss']lol...I'm still not understanding why anyone would do this. I guess it's something psychological that leads people to want something they didn't want before simply because it's "free". You do realize that you paid 1/3 of the subscription fee which is incomprehensibly more valuable than "deadliest warrior". The site is for cheap ass games, not cheap ass pieces of sh*t. LOL, there has to be some discretion here, folks.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should use discretion and avoid calling strangers "pieces of shit" bc you don't agree with their purchasing decisions.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']perhaps you should use discretion and avoid calling strangers "pieces of shit" bc you don't agree with their purchasing decisions.[/quote]

qft :whistle2:#

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Perhaps you should use discretion and avoid calling strangers "pieces of shit" bc you don't agree with their purchasing decisions.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure he is talking about the game!

bread's done
Back