Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='Regian']Dude, you knew the price was going up to $25 today. C'mon.

If you get lucky and get it free, good for you. But I went today and picked mine up. The tag said $19.99 on the rack. But did I raise a stink over it? No. Because I knew the price was changing. It's five freakin' bucks. It's the same price as a combo meal.

Cut that shit out.[/QUOTE]

I went right after work, "dude". I was at work by 7am and didn't have a chance to check the thread today. By the way, you are no one to tell me or anyone how to spend my $ or anything else. You knew the price was changing, I didn't. If it's just "five freakin' bucks" then why not send me the $5 via Amazon gift card or paypal? :)

Picked it up today. The price tag actually said $29.99 but it rang up for $25 at the register. I was happy using $5 of BB credit on this.

[quote name='DR2K']Going against your advertisement to spite customers for using their coupons is a dick move.[/QUOTE]

this this this!!!

[quote name='confoosious']you've got to ignore the people who use the term false advertising for everything.[/QUOTE]

so a game is shown on the shelf as 19.99. it rings up 24.99. failnig to honor that 19.99 price is then what if not false advertising.

[quote name='admiralvic']Thats not false advertising. The coupons are most likely decided earlier that month or some time prior and most likely based off elements like sales figures. Sadly the game dropped in MSRP (which is something NO ONE could predict) and the two synced. It's happened before and will happen again. Since the two can't exist at the same time, they added a small bit of value. Even with the magazines cost, it would cost less to buy that and the game than just the game.

If you don't like this explanation, false advertising is used to get you to BUY something because something was said to be included that wasn't or lying to get you in the store. Since neither are true, you just look like a fucking douche.[/QUOTE]
false advertising is merely showing a price at your store or in your ad and failing to honor it regardless of what it rings up as. in this case their sticker on the floor clearly shows 19.99 they have to honor it or they have false advertised. end of freakin story.

Kayne2000 - do you enjoy being wrong all the time?

Maybe you should tell us again your strategy for pricing video games and new IP. Everyone got a good laugh out of that one.

I grabbed a copy of this for $5.29 in BB credit this afternoon. I figure at the worst I'll hate the game but try and play through it at least once, watch the tv episodes on the disc and then trade it back in for a profit if the $3 TIV holds.;)

[quote name='confoosious']Kayne2000 - do you enjoy being wrong all the time?

Maybe you should tell us again your strategy for pricing video games and new IP. Everyone got a good laugh out of that one.[/QUOTE]

Sega should hire him to work on Anarchy Reigns.

[quote name='kayne2000']

false advertising is merely showing a price at your store or in your ad and failing to honor it regardless of what it rings up as. in this case their sticker on the floor clearly shows 19.99 they have to honor it or they have false advertised. end of freakin story.[/QUOTE]

This happened with once upon a monster at one point where there was the coupon to get it for like 10 bucks after a sale price. I was in a store a few weeks later that still had the sale price up. They agreed to sell at the price on the tag, but the coupon would not work -- I hate BB as much as the next guy and I think that is fine, since the price mistake on the tag is not a sale/price drop/etc., it's more like a PM and I agree with BB that doing a PM and then using a STORE coupon is "double dipping." (BB clerks would probably say the same thing if it was a MANUFACTURER'S COUPON but they would be wrong).

Anyway, pretty much universally, the claim you are looking for would only exist if they refused to sell it to you at 19.99 (which I'm sure they would sell to you at that price, just you can't use the coupon with it).

The funny part is, the shelf tag for Deadliest Warriors was just printed yesterday on the 18th and was priced at $19.99. It does not mention "on sale" or anything at all, even had the PS3 version for the same price and tag as well. Best buy is going downhill already anyways.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I went right after work, "dude". I was at work by 7am and didn't have a chance to check the thread today. By the way, you are no one to tell me or anyone how to spend my $ or anything else. You knew the price was changing, I didn't. If it's just "five freakin' bucks" then why not send me the $5 via Amazon gift card or paypal? :)[/QUOTE]

Whoa, dude. Don't have to give me any gruff, dude. Don't taze me, bro. ...dude.

But really? Negative feedback to the store? That's unnecessary. You can rationalize however you want, but it still comes off assy.

Also, I never told anyone what they HAVE to do when it comes to spending money. Defensive much?

Maybe you should tell us again your strategy for pricing video games and new IP. Everyone got a good laugh out of that one.[/QUOTE]

i really could ask you the same thing. sorry i dont adhere to all new games must be 60 dollars and be expected to sell. and sorry i understand what false advertising actually is. you know failing to honor your own damn advertised price and coupon.

[quote name='intoxicated662']The funny part is, the shelf tag for Deadliest Warriors was just printed yesterday on the 18th and was priced at $19.99. It does not mention "on sale" or anything at all, even had the PS3 version for the same price and tag as well. Best buy is going downhill already anyways.[/QUOTE]

this. that and the coupons can be used with things "on sale" so its not like we are breaking any rules here. we paid for those coupons. they put the game on that price. they likely knew a price cut was coming. i fail to see how we the customers broke rules here. if someone wants to give me a free game...they are more than welcome to.

[quote name='kayne2000']i really could ask you the same thing. sorry i dont adhere to all new games must be 60 dollars and be expected to sell. and sorry i understand what false advertising actually is. you know failing to honor your own damn advertised price and coupon.

[/QUOTE]

what's really false advertising is you pretending to know what you're talking about.

:lol:

What was it? I'm actually interested in hearing it.

Also, for the longest time, I thought his name was "Kanye2000", because he types just like Kanye West on his Twitter. Nice coincidence.

[quote name='intoxicated662']The funny part is, the shelf tag for Deadliest Warriors was just printed yesterday on the 18th and was priced at $19.99. It does not mention "on sale" or anything at all, even had the PS3 version for the same price and tag as well. Best buy is going downhill already anyways.[/QUOTE]

If it did say "on sale", you would've been in for a much bigger hassle and you'd still be whining. Enjoy your sour grapes, but if Best Buy goes, not only would we miss some incredible future deals, but every other retailer would be that much less competitive.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I grabbed a copy of this for $5.29 in BB credit this afternoon. I figure at the worst I'll hate the game but try and play through it at least once, watch the tv episodes on the disc and then trade it back in for a profit if the $3 TIV holds.;)[/QUOTE]

wait aren't u banned at bb trade in lol?

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']wait aren't u banned at bb trade in lol?[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to Gamestop. He would get about a $3-$4 profit if their tic sticks. You can only get $2 for it at Best Buy and that's including the 100% bonus.

Ah, this thread has been quite hilarious. As I have almost always of late, I agree with confoosious (as well as others).

This is not a matter of false advertising. The coupon in question, at present, is ringing up and taking $20 off, just as it states.

Check with your local/state statutes, but in California,
protip: your state laws may vary if the incident in question doesn't take place in California/store location is outside of the state of California...again this is California state law only...California California Cal Cal Cal
if the shelf price tag (or any price tag sticker on the game itself) is still $19.99 yet the game rings up at $24.99, this is a transaction overcharge. Any time in California you are charged more than the lowest noted price for an item (outside of any applicable taxes), this is an overcharge.

If you are in Cali, check out the department of weights and measures, department of consumer affairs, and state attorney general's websites or the Uniform California Code, easy enough to google this info.

So in Cali at least, you "should" be able to get the game at the shelf price of $19.99 if the shelf tag is still $19.99. As for subsequently applying the coupon, that's another story. Whether any potential hassle to do so is worth the possible $5 plus tax savings is up to the individual, i.e. YMMV. This is Deadliest Warrior we are talking about. Let's adjust the righteous indignation / butthurt nerd rage scale accordingly for this one. Although I'll admit, I'm such a cheap bastard that the $.01 I was charged for the game yesterday troubled me ever so slightly. 2 cents I felt I was owed, given the wording on the coupon and its application to the $19.99 price GD it :lol:. Yes, I'm mostly kidding. Mostly. Like 98% joking give or take.

Linky1

Q: How can I avoid being overcharged at the register?
A: The best way to avoid being overcharged is to make a list of all the items you are going to purchase, and write down the shelf prices. Compare the prices you wrote down to the prices you are charged.
Q: What should I do if I am overcharged?
A: If there is a discrepancy, notify the cashier. If the cashier does not change the price, talk to the manager. If the manager cannot or will not change the price for you, contact our department.

California B&P Code, 12024.2.
(a) It is unlawful for any person, at the time of sale of a commodity, to do any of the following:
(1) Charge an amount greater than the price, or to compute an amount greater than a true extension of a price per unit, that is then advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted for that commodity.

(2) Charge an amount greater than the lowest price posted on the commodity itself or on a shelf tag that corresponds to the commodity, notwithstanding any limitation of the time period for which the posted price is in effect.
(b) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by both, if the violation is willful or grossly negligent, or when the overcharge is more than one dollar ($1).

(c) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100) when the overcharge is one dollar ($1) or less.

(d) As used in subdivisions (b) and (c), "overcharge" means the amount by which the charge for a commodity exceeds a price that is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted to that consumer for that commodity at the time of sale.

(e) Except as provided in subdivision (f), for purposes of this section, when more than one price for the same commodity is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted, the person offering the commodity for sale shall charge the lowest of those prices.

(f) Pricing may be subject to a condition of sale, such as membership in a retailer-sponsored club, the purchase of a minimum quantity, or the purchase of multiples of the same item, provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price

In layman's terms:

A misprinted sticker/shelf tag: You're responsible for the error and therefore, that particular customer that chooses to buy that item (with the misprinted sticker) gets to buy it at the sticker price. Failure to do so, and assuming the customer chooses to report the matter to the Dept of Weights and Measures, can result in criminal charges (misdemeanor) pursuant to California B&P Code section 12024.2.

-------------------

All that said, Best Buy reserves the right to tell you to choose either the sticker price or the coupon, or simply tell you to fuck off and go fuck yourself. Although by doing so, they would be setting themselves up for a visit from the Dept of Weights and Measures if (more like "when") you, as an upset customer whom was kicked out, decided to file a complaint. If anyone out there is ready to fight the good fight for that 5 fucking dollars, please remember to have somebody film the transaction, and bring plenty of glitter bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco'](Insert legal info here)[/QUOTE]

Starts to read post...skips to bottom and sees signature...Not sure if I should listen :p

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So this game isnt free anymore, but now $5?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But fear not, legal papers are being prepared and filed even as we speak to serve notice to CAG, Cheapy and the O.P. of their blatant disregard for the law with their flagrant false advertisement, given the thread title.

for people looking to hopefully find a copy in their store before the coupon expires, you might as well give up hope. I stopped in my local best buy to see if they had a copy and the guy working in gaming department looked it up and told me that the item is discontinued and it doesnt look like anymore are going to be shipped to best buy.

Got lucky, store had the game still labeled with the $19.99 price (karkcyo is right that most states have laws stating that businesses have to honor the prices that they mark the items at; some less than honest stores where you might buy a lot of stuff could too easily charge you more and in a big shopping order you might not notice. I was very polite, asked about it, and was totally willing (and ready) to pay $5 for the game (plus the $5 I was paying for a Darksiders 2 pre-order). Ended up getting the game free.

TLDR: Be polite to the hourly employees and good things can happen.

[quote name='GLiMpZe']for people looking to hopefully find a copy in their store before the coupon expires, you might as well give up hope. I stopped in my local best buy to see if they had a copy and the guy working in gaming department looked it up and told me that the item is discontinued and it doesnt look like anymore are going to be shipped to best buy.[/QUOTE]

Only store around me that doesn't have copies immediately available is a closing one. The store I went to had like a half dozen on Xbox still.

This is the weirdest fuucking thread I've ever seen or posted on in all my years of caggin'.
People posting legal shit, flexing their consumer rights muscles... what the fizzitty-fuuck.

Remember guys, this is for a fuucking video game. A video game with mostly poor reviews. A video game that before yesterday, NONE of you gave a shart about.

[quote name='blinknot4']This is the weirdest fuucking thread I've ever seen or posted on in all my years of caggin'.
People posting legal shit, flexing their consumer rights muscles... what the fizzitty-fuuck.

Remember guys, this is for a fuucking video game. A video game with mostly poor reviews. A video game that before yesterday, NONE of you gave a shart about.[/QUOTE]

hello! Welcome to Cheap Ass Gamer! Hope you enjoy your stay. Our in flight movie for the trip is Bambi.

[quote name='ithebigc']The TIV dropped already guys :lol: It's at $1 now, so none of you can make a profit if you didn't trade it in yesterday[/QUOTE]

people have been trading it to Gamestop.

[quote name='ithebigc']The TIV dropped already guys :lol: It's at $1 now, so none of you can make a profit if you didn't trade it in yesterday[/QUOTE]

Wait...only BB takes trade-ins now? Damn what happened to GS, Toys R Us, Amazon, and tons of others?????

Thought I could get it for free, but they told me the price had changed. Oh well.

$5 bucks is the max I would pay for this game anyways.

Down for one, even though I had to have it shipped to my store.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wait...only BB takes trade-ins now? Damn what happened to GS, Toys R Us, Amazon, and tons of others?????[/QUOTE]

the bad man blowd em up! Oh noes!!!!!

:'(

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']hello! Welcome to Cheap Ass Gamer! Hope you enjoy your stay. Our in flight movie for the trip is Bambi.[/QUOTE]

LOL - seems normal. Right on queue, even.

[quote name='karkyco']This is not a matter of false advertising. The coupon in question, at present, is ringing up and taking $20 off, just as it states.
[/QUOTE]

I clicked your link, and went to the first result which quoted the Lanham Act:

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a))."

In this situation there was a promotion (the coupon) which managers are telling people is not legitimate and/or cannot be used. That seems like a promotion (the coupon) that misrepresents the nature and/or characteristics (the price) of the goods (the game). If the managers are correct, then it is false advertising per your link. If they are just "going rogue", then they do not have the authority to deny the promotion unless the promotion specifically states otherwise (which it does not). I believe this is a case of the managers "going rogue."

[quote name='blinknot4']Remember guys, this is for a fuucking video game. A video game that before yesterday, NONE of you gave a shart about.[/QUOTE]

well said. :applause:

[quote name='blinknot4']This is the weirdest fuucking thread I've ever seen or posted on in all my years of caggin'.

Remember guys, this is for a fuucking video game. A video game with mostly poor reviews. A video game that before yesterday, NONE of you gave a shart about.[/QUOTE]

So what? The value of the game finally exceeded its cost when it became free, so we became interested. "It's just a game" can be said about anything because what "really" matters anyway? Nothing. Pick whatever stupid shit gives you pleasure and rage about it.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Someone should donate a copy if this to James Rolfe. :D[/QUOTE]

He doesn't play modern games. Besides, this game probably shits on all of that NES garbage.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']So what? The value of the game finally exceeded its cost when it became free, so we became interested. "It's just a game" can be said about anything because what "really" matters anyway? Nothing. Pick whatever stupid shit gives you pleasure and rage about it.[/QUOTE]

False. And you know it. This game seems quite bush league, low level stuff. You are probably better off playing Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad.

You seem as crazy as the rest of the people in this thread that are calling their state senators, picketing outside of town hall, and booking flights to travel to congress to testify that their Warrior rights have been jeopardized to the point of un-Deadliest.

Your swearing and insults make you appear more mature and your arguments appear more credible.

[quote name='eldergias']Your swearing and insults make you appear more mature and your arguments appear more credible.[/QUOTE]

I am 30 years old. And you have a bunny avatar.

Court adjourned.

[quote name='blinknot4']I am 30 years old. And you have a bunny avatar.

Court adjourned.[/QUOTE]

So an entertaining bunny avatar for a 29 year old is less mature than a 30 year old swearing and insulting others who have done nothing to insult him?

Interesting logic. I disagree. If your mother is still alive, ask her, I am sure she will disagree as well.

BTW, my avatar is from ATHF (no way suitable for minors).

[quote name='blinknot4']I am 30 years old. And you have a bunny avatar.

Court adjourned.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and he's trophocused, so don't bother this guy!

People just don't like Best Buy...probably doesn't have much to do with the actual issue anymore.

This thread is AWESOME! You all need to get laid.

Stop acting like the people who knock over 90 year old ladies at walmart to get black friday deals with their welfare checks.

[quote name='blinknot4']False. And you know it. This game seems quite bush league, low level stuff. You are probably better off playing Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad.

You seem as crazy as the rest of the people in this thread that are calling their state senators, picketing outside of town hall, and booking flights to travel to congress to testify that their Warrior rights have been jeopardized to the point of un-Deadliest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this game probably blows dick. But it's free. Something shitty still has value if it's free. Haha calling state senators like they have any power to do anything; cool trolling bro.

[quote name='eldergias']Your swearing and insults make you appear more mature and your arguments appear more credible.[/QUOTE]

You are my new favorite CAG...but I will defeat you someday with nothing but pure RAGE and ignorance. :boxing:

[quote name='eldergias']So an entertaining bunny avatar for a 29 year old is less mature than a 30 year old swearing and insulting others who have done nothing to insult him?

Interesting logic. I disagree. If your mother is still alive, ask her, I am sure she will disagree as well.

BTW, my avatar is from ATHF (no way suitable for minors)[/QUOTE]

Read my post again, entertaining bunny. I referred to this thread as being the craziest I've ever seen. I never insulted anybody, just commented on your severely odd behavior.

[quote name='kulsechsky']This thread is AWESOME!.[/QUOTE]

search

bread's done
Back