(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SOLDIER']Hi, first time posting here, but I was wondering if you could help me out.

Today I double checked with EB about their exclusion policy (the aformentioned deal about trading certain games for $10 credit toward PSP games). The clerk assured me that the 2004 Jampacks were indeed elligable. So I went to Circuit City (conveniently a block away), and bought up 4 copies for 5 bucks. Actually, they rang up as 3.99, thus $18 total...for a $40 PSP game!

....Is what I want to say, but the clerk said the games wouldn't ring up as PO (indicating the elligibility). I told him I was assured before that the 2004 Jampacks would work, so they told me to come back tommorow to speak to the guy who can override the computer.

I really hope I don't get jerked around here. I may be cheating them, but it's an honest kind of cheating. They told me the Jampacks were elligible, and they confirmed it wasn't on their exclusion list. So I hope this manager guy doesn't try to screw me before I screw him.

Do you have any advice on what I can do to assure this? Should I be hard with the guy if he tries to cheat me, or reference something? Or just keep quiet and let him do his thing?[/quote]

Make him look it up on the computer and double check it (maybe look at the monitor while he's looking?), and if he's a dick ask to see his manager...if that is the manager, tell him you'll call corporate if he fucks aroudn with you.

[quote name='organicow']

Word to the wise though: War Jetz for PS2 rings up as POX, but is not on the online exclusions list....so YMMV on that one - it cost me $4.99 at GS.[/quote]

203402 WAVE RALLY PS2
196374 WDL WAR JETZ PS2
221653 WHIRL TOUR PS2

been there the whole time.

here's a tip...

open the list in your browser...

use CTRL+F and kind keywords your're looking for.

Am I blind or is Resident Evil:Code Veronica (PS2) on the POX list? I don't think that it is, but I imagine that this ancient game would be. LMK. Thanks.

[quote name='lurknomore']Am I blind or is Resident Evil:Code Veronica (PS2) on the POX list? I don't think that it is, but I imagine that this ancient game would be. LMK. Thanks.[/quote]

RE:CV still works

[quote name='jkircos']Is Lumines in stores now? I did not see it at my EB two days ago. I would call but they are already closed.[/quote]

I think it came in today along with Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer and Untold Legends.

Ragingbull, all the games I listed were found at GameRush for $10 or less. And with the 2for1 deal you get one of the games free. The only game I didnt get at Game Rush is the Jampack which I found at TRU for $5.

Just Traded Outlaw Golf:9 More Holes, Wakeboarding Unleashed (xbox), and Ribbit King for Ape Escape.

StuntGP for PS2 scanned in as POX but is not on the Exclusion list.

Just a heads up to anyone planning on exchanging your sealed games from this deal for store credit.

For every 3 used PO game I've traded in, I've gotten one PSP for 39.99 and didnt have to pay tax. just a straight up swap.

BUT

When I returned them with their recepts... THEY GAVE ME TAX BACK IN GIFT CREDIT!

Genius, EB. Pure genius.

This may work out well is some of you live near a state line....
and a five minute drive means more/less sales tax....

I actually picked up three games in Jersey from this promo. Wasn't charged their 3% sales tax, then returned them for store credit at a NY store and got a full 8.xx% tax added into the total on the gift card.

This is too much fun....

I'll be taking in tomorrow

Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance XBx
Front Mission 4 PS2
Metroid Prime GCN
Eternal Darkness GCN
ESPN NFL 2k5 PS2
Zapper GCN

I'm really surprised that ESPN NFL 2k5 will be accepted. I guess that it's time to unload it.

[quote name='lurknomore']I'll be taking in tomorrow

Front Mission 4 PS2
Metroid Prime GCN
Eternal Darkness GCN
ESPN NFL 2k5 PS2
Zapper GCN

I'm really surprised that ESPN NFL 2k5 will be accepted. I guess that it's time to unload it.[/quote]

ESPN NFL 2K5 should still work, it did for me just last week.

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='lurknomore']I'll be taking in tomorrow

Front Mission 4 PS2
Metroid Prime GCN
Eternal Darkness GCN
ESPN NFL 2k5 PS2
Zapper GCN

I'm really surprised that ESPN NFL 2k5 will be accepted. I guess that it's time to unload it.[/quote]

ESPN NFL 2K5 should still work, it did for me just last week.[/quote]

Thanks ajh2298......you are really on the job tonight.

[quote name='generalpatton71']I've got ESPN 2k5 and plan on keeping it for a long time. If 2k games doesn't make any more football games that could be a collectors item lol. God I hate EA![/quote]

Hey me too...but I can buy it for dirt cheap, for pennies on the dollar now, so I might as well recoup some of my costs while I can.

Are all FYE's making people pick from those five games? At my FYE they say that I can pick any PSP game, but of course that might be a lie.

[quote name='joystickz']Just a heads up to anyone planning on exchanging your sealed games from this deal for store credit.

For every 3 used PO game I've traded in, I've gotten one PSP for 39.99 and didnt have to pay tax. just a straight up swap.

BUT

When I returned them with their recepts... THEY GAVE ME TAX BACK IN GIFT CREDIT!

Genius, EB. Pure genius.

This may work out well is some of you live near a state line....
and a five minute drive means more/less sales tax....

I actually picked up three games in Jersey from this promo. Wasn't charged their 3% sales tax, then returned them for store credit at a NY store and got a full 8.xx% tax added into the total on the gift card.

This is too much fun....[/quote]

Does Mexico have any EBGames? No wait that's the national borderline... damn.

I did another one...tonight

9 more Holes Outlaw Golf XB $2 at BB
Future Tactics GC $4 at GameStop
Syphon Filter PS2 $7.5 at Target

For Ape Escape...probably get Lumines later.

I can never find three cheap ass games at the same Gamestop that are PO for that B2G1 deal.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='organicow']

Word to the wise though: War Jetz for PS2 rings up as POX, but is not on the online exclusions list....so YMMV on that one - it cost me $4.99 at GS.[/quote]

203402 WAVE RALLY PS2
196374 WDL WAR JETZ PS2
221653 WHIRL TOUR PS2

been there the whole time.

here's a tip...

open the list in your browser...

use CTRL+F and kind keywords your're looking for.[/quote]

Yeah, I should have noticed that. But - I had printed out a complete POX list and took it with me to the GSs I hit; I was skimming the list as I rummaged through the racks, and didn't notice War Jetz due to the WDL before the title! And yeah, I know about ctrl-f, and use it all the time...but sadly it couldn't help me in that situation. :(

Also, I tried to swap my extra sealed wipeout for $39.xx towards THUG2, and got denied. The lady looked at me like I was crazy, and said she'd get into trouble if she did it...so, YMMV definitely applies to this part of the deal. I plan to try it at a different EB tomorrow.

Also, I'm an idiot because I didn't see that SW: Jedi Sftr was listed under "J" instead of "S".... which is odd since SW: Stfr is listed under "S"....

BOOO!!!

Traded in:

Soul Calibur 2
Manhunt
Resident Evil Code Veronica X

For 1 PSP Game (NBA)

I tried to get them to take Jampack 11, and he wouldn't budge. Told me I'd get only $1 for it. Then he told me I'd get $1 for RE:CV, but it still worked for the PO list. I'm a little upset that they wouldn't take Jampack 11, and I had to get rid of 1 game that I didn't want to, but it's still a good deal, and all 3 games can be had on the cheap. Thanks, OP!

And to the person asking about RE:CV, yes, it's ELIGIBLE!

[quote name='gmzone']Traded in:

Soul Calibur 2
Manhunt
Resident Evil Code Veronica X

For 1 PSP Game (NBA)

I tried to get them to take Jampack 11, and he wouldn't budge. Told me I'd get only $1 for it. Then he told me I'd get $1 for RE:CV, but it still worked for the PO list. I'm a little upset that they wouldn't take Jampack 11, and I had to get rid of 1 game that I didn't want to, but it's still a good deal, and all 3 games can be had on the cheap. Thanks, OP!

And to the person asking about RE:CV, yes, it's ELIGIBLE![/quote]
You might not want to keep NBA, go read gamespot's review.

wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.

[quote name='rickeeretardo']wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.[/quote]

Wow, you're a dick! Seriously, everytime some dipshit does something like that, the lesser our chances are of ever seeing a deal like this again. If you're going to abuse a system like we're all doing, at least be smart about it! When you do something like that, don't you think it might cause EB to suspect that maybe the deal isn't so hot for them? :roll:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='organicow']speedracer - is your sig pic from "stacy?"[/quote]

Battle Royale[/quote]

Ah... wrong crappy movie. :wink:

Seriously though - anyone who likes bizarre Japanese zombie flicks should check out "Stacy." It's nifty, and they even carry it at some BBs for abour $10.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='organicow']speedracer - is your sig pic from "stacy?"[/quote]

Battle Royale[/quote]

Seriously though - anyone who likes bizarre Japanese zombie flicks should check out "Stacy." It's nifty, and they even carry it at some BBs for abour $10.[/quote]
Battle Royale is far from crappy, it's my favorite movie ever.

They should take any game no matter what the trade in value. As long as it doesn't come up POX your EB should take it. That's hilarious that 9 more holes is only worth .50

[quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='organicow']speedracer - is your sig pic from "stacy?"[/quote]

Battle Royale[/quote]

Seriously though - anyone who likes bizarre Japanese zombie flicks should check out "Stacy." It's nifty, and they even carry it at some BBs for abour $10.[/quote]
Battle Royale is far from crappy, it's my favorite movie ever.[/quote]

Hence the :wink: ! Hell, I'm certainly not disagreeing with ya! :cool:

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='rickeeretardo']wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.[/quote]

Wow, you're a dick! Seriously, everytime some dipshit does something like that, the lesser our chances are of ever seeing a deal like this again. If you're going to abuse a system like we're all doing, at least be smart about it! When you do something like that, don't you think it might cause EB to suspect that maybe the deal isn't so hot for them? :roll:[/quote]

are you being serious?

are you seriously calling him a dick?

cuz if you are......

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='rickeeretardo']wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.[/quote]

Wow, you're a dick! Seriously, everytime some dipshit does something like that, the lesser our chances are of ever seeing a deal like this again. If you're going to abuse a system like we're all doing, at least be smart about it! When you do something like that, don't you think it might cause EB to suspect that maybe the deal isn't so hot for them? :roll:[/quote]

are you being serious?

cuz if you are......[/quote]

Nah, he's not a dick.

....I do wich people would be more careful about that sort of thing though....

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='rickeeretardo']wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.[/quote]

are you being serious?

Nah, he's not a dick.

....I do wich people would be more careful about that sort of thing though....[/quote]

why be careful?
the first receipt scan in the thread is exactly the same thing he did.

are you scared that these deals will be goneforever?
don't you think that's probably what they should do to stay in business?
don't you also think there are possibly other factors in this picture like extra corporate incentives from Sony for EB to push these physical games off the shelves as a form of promoting the PSP unit itself?

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='rickeeretardo']wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.[/quote]

Example: Out here in Queens, NY, I went to 5 EBs with a copy of 9 More Holes and every single one of them told me that they couldn't take it. It got so rediculous that I actually had to trade it in alone for $10 b/c the place that I traded it in at said they couldn't take it for the 3 PO offer but they could take it on the 1 PO-preorder offer.

Yeah, try to understand that rationalle there

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='rickeeretardo']wow, can't believe this worked. bought 12 copies of outlaw golf 9 more holes at BB for 3 bucks each. guy at BB looked at me funny but oh well. eb was surprised that they worked for the deal since each outlaw golf is only worth 50 cents. had to deal with the whole "the sku doesn't work" thing but i told them to do a search for the title n they found it. 4 separate transactions and i got my wipeout, twisted metal, hockey, n soccer. a day in the rain well spent. tomorrow, heading to another eb to exchange hockey n soccer for metal gear n lumines.[/quote]

are you being serious?

Nah, he's not a dick.

....I do wich people would be more careful about that sort of thing though....[/quote]

why be careful?
the first receipt scan in the thread is exactly the same thing he did.

are you scared that these deals will be goneforever?
don't you think that's probably what they should do to stay in business?
don't you also think there are possibly other factors in this picture like extra corporate incentives from Sony for EB to push these physical games off the shelves as a form of promoting the PSP unit itself?[/quote]

Sweet jeebus, buddy, calm down. Fine...I take it all back. Trade in a thousand copies of a game at once, I don't care. I'm tired of everyone debating morals here, and I shouldn't have started another argument about it. I apoligize and don't give two turds. Move along, nothing to see here. "It's a fugazie Donnie, fuggetaboutit."

Will they take PS2 GH NBA Street 2, GH JAK 1, and Sealed GH Resident Evil: CV and XBOX House of the Dead III, XBOX Platinum hits 007: Everything of nothing, and PS2 I-NINJA?

[quote name='postaboy']Will they take PS2 GH NBA Street 2, GH JAK 1, and Sealed GH Resident Evil: CV and XBOX House of the Dead III, XBOX Platinum hits 007: Everything of nothing, and PS2 I-NINJA?[/quote]

did you look at the THE LIST before you asked?

Got Metal Gear Acid, 2 twisted Metal, Need for Speed, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, NBA, Hockey, and Soccer all for a grand total of $125.

[quote name='gamerick']Got Metal Gear Acid, 2 twisted Metal, Need for Speed, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, NBA, Hockey, and Soccer all for a grand total of $125.[/quote]

9 games.

8 are $40 and NFS is $50

(8x40)+50=$370

370-125=$245

you saved $245 dollars by coming to CheapAssGamer.com

welcome!

I've watched this a lot at an in laws house and just had to get here on my own to keep better tabs. Back when BlockBuster was doing their crazy deals, I spent $85 and ended up with $380 in store credit. Hello new hardware.

Has anybody tried trading in Battle Engine Aquila? It's not on the list, but since it's so cheap everywhere, I assumed it was POX.

Actually, I just traded in Battle Engine Aquila tonight.

I traded in:

XB Group S Challenge
PS2 Battle Engine Aquila
XB Exhibition volume 3

PS2 Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness
PS2 Cubix: Showdown
PS2 Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm

Interestingly enough, Exhibition Volume 4 was POX, but not 3. PS2 StuntGP also came up as POX, even though it's not on the list and other people have said that they've traded it in. Oh well. I wasn't expecting to have to trade in the Ghost Recon, but brought it in case the Exhibitions didn't go through...I wasn't counting on StuntGP being POX. Oh well, it was only $5.50 at the local TRU.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='postaboy']Will they take PS2 GH NBA Street 2, GH JAK 1, and Sealed GH Resident Evil: CV and XBOX House of the Dead III, XBOX Platinum hits 007: Everything of nothing, and PS2 I-NINJA?[/quote]

did you look at the THE LIST before you asked?[/quote]

oh shiet didn't saw that. thanks

Will they take greatest hit version?

So even if it doesn't come up in the computer, arguing that the game isn't on the list should get them to give me the 10 dollar credit? I really hope so.

If it works, I can come back again with more Jampacks for another PSP game.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='organicow']speedracer - is your sig pic from "stacy?"[/quote]

Battle Royale[/quote]

Battle Royale is far from crappy, it's my favorite movie ever.[/quote]

Hence the :wink: ! Hell, I'm certainly not disagreeing with ya! :cool:[/quote]

That, and it's not a zombie flick.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Has anybody tried trading in Battle Engine Aquila? It's not on the list, but since it's so cheap everywhere, I assumed it was POX.[/quote]

Nope - it works...

bread's done
Back