(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster was selling 9 more holes of Holiday Golf for $1.99 when i was there last night. They had about 14, I picked up 3 just to see if it works. Ill let you guys know if it does. And this deal ends on April 18?

Ok.. SO....

After all this back and forth....

I can now announce I'm left with....

1 PSP from FYE (cost about $50 worth of crap trade-ins)

And after Spending another $50 on crap to take to EBGames... I got....
Wipeout Pure
Twisted Metal Head On
Lumines
Untold Legends
Ridge Racer
Ape Escape On the Loose
Darkstalkers

PLUS $500.00 on an EB Gift Card!

So for about $100 out of pocket... I picked up
$500 in credit plus a $300.00 system plus $300 in games....

Equals about $1000 profit with a $100 investment...

I.
Love.
CheapAssGamer.com

I.
Love.
EBGames.

I.
Love.
FYE.

I.
Love.
Free stuff.....

Now for a weekend of playing this crap!

[quote name='joystickz']Ok.. SO....

Wipeout Pure
Twisted Metal Head On
Lumines
Untold Legends
Ridge Racer
Ape Escape On the Loose
Darkstalkers

I.
Love.
CheapAssGamer.com

I.
Love.
EBGames.

I.
Love.
FYE.

I.
Love.
Free stuff.....

Now for a weekend of playing this crap![/quote]

:applause:

Seriously, you motivate me like crazy to take advantage of these kind of deals!

[quote name='joystickz']Ok.. SO....

Wipeout Pure
Twisted Metal Head On
Lumines
Untold Legends
Ridge Racer
Ape Escape On the Loose
Darkstalkers

I.
Love.
CheapAssGamer.com

I.
Love.
EBGames.

I.
Love.
FYE.

I.
Love.
Free stuff.....

Now for a weekend of playing this crap![/quote]

Looks like we love the same stores. It's about to get real crazy here in VA. I'm already stocking up to hit up FYE for another PSP. Should cost me around $60 or $70. Not as great as your deals but you seem to be able to find all the cheap exploit games. Plus I have about 18 games that I've gotten real cheap that qualify. Gotta thank you and Strider Turbulence for that FYE thread. Trust me it's been very helpful.

Traded in Bomberman Generations (GC), NFL 2K5 (XB), and Outlaw Golf Nine Holes of X-Mas (XB) to get Twisted Metal. Gotta love getting a $40 game for $6 in trade-in value...

Listen to this fucked up story about my EB encounter tonight. So i go into my local EB (which happens to be the EB that i traded in 6 Outlaw Golfs a couple nights ago for Wipeout and Twisted Metal) to return 3 games that I got from EB.com with all three recipts for store credit towards my psp. I'm standing there in line at the counter and he stops helping this family and yells and points to me "What do you want!" I stepped up and said "returning these games" and handed him the games and receipts. He must have thought he caught me but looked at them quickly and said "wait till I'm done". When the family is done and i get to the counter he takes the games and starts to look all crazed and says "I'm not returning these" and shoves them back to me. I was like whhaaa. He then starts screaming at me that I scammed him the other night and his manager is pissed cause now they are stuck with 6 "worthless" games that they can't sell. I was like hold up a minute I didn't scam you I exploited a hole in your Corporate trade in policy and it was a legitmate trade. He was like you can talk to my manager when he gets here in 20 min. He laughed a little and I know he was thinking this manager wouldn't let me return my eb.com games and probably give me a hard time. We argued for a while at rather loud volumes while others in the store prob had a good show. I was soooo fucking pissed I almost "kicked the display off the counter" and strangled the fucker, I mean he isn't even a manager and while I told him it was not his fault and it was a game not on the POX list and corporate has since changed the policy on this game he was still taking it like I fucking killed his dog. This is the same EB that I saw sell a copy of the free Zelda promo disk for $50 while it was a free copy given to Nintendo Power subscribers. So i then go to another EB close by and return my games with reciepts no problem. Now I'm worried cause I'm on the 2nd shipment for the PSP at this EB and this asshole is def gonna ruin my happy experience getting the PSP when i go in and prob shake my box so I get like 100 dead pixels or a cracked screen.

[quote name='cag1000']Listen to this shaq-fued up story about my EB encounter tonight. So i go into my local EB (which happens to be the EB that i traded in 6 Outlaw Golfs a couple nights ago for Wipeout and Twisted Metal) to return 3 games that I got from EB.com with all three recipts for store credit towards my psp. I'm standing there in line at the counter and he stops helping this family and yells and points to me "What do you want!" I stepped up and said "returning these games" and handed him the games and receipts. He must have thought he caught me but looked at them quickly and said "wait till I'm done". When the family is done and i get to the counter he takes the games and starts to look all crazed and says "I'm not returning these" and shoves them back to me. I was like whhaaa. He then starts screaming at me that I scammed him the other night and his manager is pissed cause now they are stuck with 6 "worthless" games that they can't sell. I was like hold up a minute I didn't scam you I exploited a hole in your Corporate trade in policy and it was a legitmate trade. He was like you can talk to my manager when he gets here in 20 min. He laughed a little and I know he was thinking this manager wouldn't let me return my eb.com games and probably give me a hard time. We argued for a while at rather loud volumes while others in the store prob had a good show. I was soooo shaq-fuing pissed I almost "kicked the display off the counter" and strangled the shaq-fuer, I mean he isn't even a manager and while I told him it was not his fault and it was a game not on the POX list and corporate has since changed the policy on this game he was still taking it like I shaq-fuing killed his dog. This is the same EB that I saw sell a copy of the free Zelda promo disk for $50 while it was a free copy given to Nintendo Power subscribers. So i then go to another EB close by and return my games with reciepts no problem. Now I'm worried cause I'm on the 2nd shipment for the PSP at this EB and this asshole is def gonna ruin my happy experience getting the PSP when i go in and prob shake my box so I get like 100 dead pixels or a cracked screen.[/quote]

training_enter_key.JPG

so i guess the use of the enter key is essential for reading my post? lol wow sometimes u guys really dig for anything to flame

[quote name='cag1000']so i guess the use of the enter key is essential for reading my post? lol wow sometimes u guys really dig for anything to flame[/quote]

not flaming... or digging.

lots of drama in the story.

it was just a pain in the eyes to read.

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']Wait so EB's are no longer taking 9 more holes Outlaw Golf? Its POX?[/quote]

YMMV. One EBgames didnt accept mine, but another EBgames did. I just traded 2 of them today actually (not in the same transaction though, they wouldn't let me use duplicates)

And man is the PSP freakin awesome. Good bye GBASP.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']

:applause:

Seriously, you motivate me like crazy to take advantage of these kind of deals!

[/quote]

you sir.
you keep our FYE legacy thread alive!

between these two stores...
we shall rule as kings among men!

go forth my brother!
give them all you got!

:D

[quote name='cag1000']Listen to this shaq-fued up story about my EB encounter tonight. So i go into my local EB (which happens to be the EB that i traded in 6 Outlaw Golfs a couple nights ago for Wipeout and Twisted Metal) to return 3 games that I got from EB.com with all three recipts for store credit towards my psp. I'm standing there in line at the counter and he stops helping this family and yells and points to me "What do you want!" I stepped up and said "returning these games" and handed him the games and receipts. He must have thought he caught me but looked at them quickly and said "wait till I'm done". When the family is done and i get to the counter he takes the games and starts to look all crazed and says "I'm not returning these" and shoves them back to me. I was like whhaaa. He then starts screaming at me that I scammed him the other night and his manager is pissed cause now they are stuck with 6 "worthless" games that they can't sell. I was like hold up a minute I didn't scam you I exploited a hole in your Corporate trade in policy and it was a legitmate trade. He was like you can talk to my manager when he gets here in 20 min. He laughed a little and I know he was thinking this manager wouldn't let me return my eb.com games and probably give me a hard time. We argued for a while at rather loud volumes while others in the store prob had a good show. I was soooo shaq-fuing pissed I almost "kicked the display off the counter" and strangled the shaq-fuer, I mean he isn't even a manager and while I told him it was not his fault and it was a game not on the POX list and corporate has since changed the policy on this game he was still taking it like I shaq-fuing killed his dog. This is the same EB that I saw sell a copy of the free Zelda promo disk for $50 while it was a free copy given to Nintendo Power subscribers. So i then go to another EB close by and return my games with reciepts no problem. Now I'm worried cause I'm on the 2nd shipment for the PSP at this EB and this asshole is def gonna ruin my happy experience getting the PSP when i go in and prob shake my box so I get like 100 dead pixels or a cracked screen.[/quote]

Has anyone had any luck returning their psp games with reciept to a different store to get other games, than the store in which you did the trade in and got them from? Since it looks like I can't set foot in this EB for a while or at least until I pick up my PSP.

Has anyone had any luck returning their psp games with reciept to a different store to get other games, than the store in which you did the trade in and got them from? Since it looks like I can't set foot in this EB for a while or at least until I pick up my PSP.

Yea... I did it the other day.... heres my story....

I went to EB games to do a three for 1 trade for the games on the list... i wanted to get atv... the guy tells me that since it is a preorder, i could not do it... i had the flyer and show him it is on there.. he still denies me... so i just said ok and then asked about trading 4 for 1 for the $39.95 psp games... he then says I couldn't do that... so I started thinking... since I already had the other games on the trade 3 for 1 deal, i decided to get the same games again... i traded in 9 games for 3 psp games... since I allready had those games, I went to another ebgames and traded them in for Metal Gear Acid, Untold Legends, and Ridge Racer... So to make a long story short, you are able to return your games to other Ebgames stores....

[quote name='cag1000']
Has anyone had any luck returning their psp games with reciept to a different store to get other games, than the store in which you did the trade in and got them from? Since it looks like I can't set foot in this EB for a while or at least until I pick up my PSP.[/quote]

I have done it once, I'm about to try it at another store tonight, I'll post if succesful.

Today I returned both World Tour Soccer and Twisted Metal. Got Tiger Woods and THUG2, had to pay the difference though.

cool thanx sounds like I'll trade my twisted metal and wipeout for untold legends and lumines. That does sound better right? Those 2 I have are just rehashes of older games. So hasn't anyone gotten disgusted from my story above?? I'm still thinking about the boot to the counter display.

[quote name='birdfart']Has Hot Shots Golf been confirmed as a new 3-for-1 title?[/quote]

Well, I asked at two different EB's today and neither have heard anything about it being added. That could just mean that the people I asked didn't get the memo yet, but it remains unconfirmed at this point.

However, since Hot Shots is a $50 game at EB (at the moment), and the rest of the eligible games are $40, I remain skeptical. That means each trade would be adjusted to $16.67, and I'm guessing the computer system ain't gonna do that.

I'd love to be wrong tho.

-DM

I traded back Twisted Metal: Head-On, Wipeout Pure, and World Tour Soccer and got Lumines, Metal Gear ACID, and Untold Legends. I only got Untold Legends because they sold out Ridge Racer right as I got there. Oh well, I'll wait until they restock to exchange.

I wasn't even planning on getting Ridge Racer until I watched the demo on the Sampler Disc. Man was I amazed by the graphics.

Well, I got bumped to second shipment on the PSP, so I returned my Wipeout for credit. Had no problems, and the guy gave me $40 +tax on a gift card, too! Although this isn't an advantage, since whatever I spend the gift card (not Edge) on, I'll have to pay tax... I guess I could get a cash refund, but meh.

I realize trading in games without manuals is YMMV, but could people who have done this tell me their experiences? I just got some PO games at Blockbuster, but they have no manuals, just covers.

I did the 3 for 1, went in with 12 games, and it turns out that Future Tactics Xbox is now POX along with Jampack 11...I ended up trading in only 9 games and got Twisted Metal, Wipeout, and Lumines---Lumines wasn't part of hte deal but the guy, without even complaining at all, was awesome enough to preorder another game, cancel the preorder, and put the credit towards Lumines. I got really lucky, it was sweet.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I tried to do the trade 3 for Hot Shots Golf today and it did not work (wouldn't ring up), so I settled for Wipeout Pure instead. Thanks OP![/quote]

Thanks for the confirmation. If Hot Shots were part of the deal, I'd be taking advantage of this deal two more times. But now, I'll do it just once more in hopes of getting a copy of Lumines after return/exchange.

My PSP has dead pixels. I love this deal but today's been a bitter day.

-DM

[quote name='dracula']the xbox xhibitions still work :whistle2:D[/quote]

drac, which volumes did you get to work?

On Monday, before it was announced they'd no longer take them, I ordered new copies of volumes 4 and 5 from EB's site. I assumed when they came in I'd have to return them to get my money back. But it sounds like there's hope I can use one or both for trades after all.

-DM

[quote name='D. Monic'][quote name='dracula']the xbox xhibitions still work :whistle2:D[/quote]

drac, which volumes did you get to work?

On Monday, before it was announced they'd no longer take them, I ordered new copies of volumes 4 and 5 from EB's site. I assumed when they came in I'd have to return them to get my money back. But it sounds like there's hope I can use one or both for trades after all.

-DM[/quote]

i used xbox xhibition 6. I bought a ton of them from best buy for 99 cents each a while back by abusing the GGC. Sadly, BB finally realized the GGC worked on games under $20, so they would cost $5.99 now(so 3 would be $17.97 which still isnt bad for a new psp game,) i think the morons who pay $40-$50 for a new psp game are nuts,

I am also doing deals at gamerush to get the $50 games.(trade in 2 games, get any new game for $30 that is regularly priced $50)

Anyone try WTA Tennis (PS2) lately? I know that it used to be PO back in Jan. but I'm wondering if EB put it on exlucsions as it's only $5 used in their store.

[quote name='joystickz']page 69?

this ain't page 69.....

i dunno about these new boards....

something's....
i dunno....

not right....[/QUOTE]

It only displays 10 posts per page, hence the double amount of pages.

ok, so with 600 or so replies to look through what are some of the good pipelines people got going on this deal for the psp games. i mean which games not on the list can be had for cheap say at like gamerush and then be traded for the psp games. maybe the original poster can put them on the front page of this post or someone could start a new topic. thanks for any help.

Jeff

[quote name='fuzzman24']ok, so with 600 or so replies to look through what are some of the good pipelines people got going on this deal for the psp games. i mean which games not on the list can be had for cheap say at like gamerush and then be traded for the psp games. maybe the original poster can put them on the front page of this post or someone could start a new topic. thanks for any help.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

The best we have to go by is a list of POX games that ARE NOT accepted.

The games not on that list are not set in stone as "going to work" PO games.

The best expoit still going strong is the CAG favorite....

Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of X-mas

images

This game can be found, Sealed, at Blockbuster's around the country for a mere $2.99

There are plenty more games....
Best way to go is to print out the POX list...
here ---> http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp
Bring it shopping...

And pick up PRETTY MUCH anything not on the list.

Trade em in for a free game.... VOILA!

(take it a step further... and exchange that free game in sealed condition with your receipt for $40 store credit..... repeat until you are filthy rich in Store Credit/New Video Games)

[quote name='joystickz']a likely story.......[/QUOTE]

Go to your options and change it. You can change it back to 20 posts per page like it was. Or 30 or 50, whatever you want.

Well, me and my brother just got back from Gamestop/EB Games. We probably bought more than 30 games in all.

I got Wipeout Pure and Twisted Metal. He bought NBA, Gretzky, (2) Wipeout, Ape Escape, Metal Gear and a couple more. We then took it to another EB store to trade them back in for about $303. He ended up getting a PSP, a warranty and Twisted Metal.

He spent probably around $130 for everything. Great day for cheapasses.

[quote name='D. Monic']drac, which volumes did you get to work?

-DM[/QUOTE]

What do you mean it was announced? Where? I mean, if it isn't on the list then it should not be excluded right? Or does that only go for full games(non-demos)?

Can anybody confirm they're stil taking "Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of X-mas" as of now?

I want to make sure before I pick up a stash to intermingle with my other trade-ins.

[quote name='mick16']Can anybody confirm they're stil taking "Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of X-mas" as of now?

I want to make sure before I pick up a stash to intermingle with my other trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm as of 5pm EST in Long Island that they ARE STILL WORKING IN THE SYSTEM.

Convincing the clerk that he should take them.... that's YMMV as usual.

Yeah, we traded in four of them today around 3 p.m. CST. The guy we were dealing with didn't have a problem, but this other Mexican guy made sure to give us his smartass comments about trading in several copies of the same game. Oh well, in the end, we won.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yeah, we traded in four of them today around 3 p.m. CST. The guy we were dealing with didn't have a problem, but this other Mexican guy made sure to give us his smartass comments about trading in several copies of the same game. Oh well, in the end, we won.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the end, it's definitely worth hearing assorted comments that piss you off if it nets you free/dirt cheap stuff.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yeah, we traded in four of them today around 3 p.m. CST. The guy we were dealing with didn't have a problem, but this other Mexican guy made sure to give us his smartass comments about trading in several copies of the same game. Oh well, in the end, we won.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell us what he said?

And again, don't they HAVE to take it if it's not on the list? Or do the managers hold the ability to over rule that?

Just got Gretzky and Ape Escape for these games:

3x 9 more holes of X-MAS golf
Madden 2005
NCAA Football 2005
NHL 2K5

bread's done
Back