(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

They took the flyer and i had no problem. I traded in Bloodrayne, RE Code Veronica and Eternal Darkness for Wipeout Pure. The Combined Regular Trade In Value was $4.50 for the games, but because of the trade 3 for 1 deal the trade in value was bumped up to $13.33 per game and they weren't on the list either. I had bought those games at the TRU Clearance for about $12 total.

Could someone help my tired eyes out? I could have sworn that the Cabela's Deer hunter and hunting games would be on the POX list, but I can't seem to find them? Are they PO or are they listed under some strange name variant. TIA. Oh yeah, the PS2 versions, of course.

1. Exhibition Demos 3+ and Jampack Volume 11 will work correct?

2. I have a few games I bought from EB. Some say PO and some say POX. Will the ones labeled POX work? (I know the difference but just trying to make sure)

3. What are some good deals at Best Buy on $5 games that are PO at EB?

Thanks!

The EB @ Lakewood, CA is so cool. Most of the games I trade in were GR B2G1. I'm going to return the game back for $130 cash tomorrow.

Trade in:
RE:CV
Enter the Matrix
Jak
Ty
Super Mario Sunshine
Kingdom Hearts
Rygar
Front Mission 4
F-Zero GX

Got:
Wipeout
Ape Escape
Twisted Metal

hey haven't checked this thread since I traded in my first 2
curious where is everyone getting their games besides the outlaws
metal arms? how much u payin for it where? what else is real cheap?

[quote name='pete5883']Well after refusing to take my manual-less games, I went back to Blockbuster and got manuals for Syphon Filter and Hitman 3, and traded FM4 (no manuals to be found) for XIII for Xbox (didn't think it was on the POX list for some reason.) Went back to the EB that refused me the night before, they scanned in the 2 games and told me XIII didn't work, and asked if I had another game. I hand them Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes, and the kid gives me a filthy look and tells me that they already told me last night that that game's not eligible. I tell him to search for 9 more holes in the computer, I saw something online about it. He does a bit of typing and doesn't say anything for a minute or so, then asks me which PSP game I want. Thanks CAG. :D[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'll take ownage for $1000 Alex.

Do you guys know if the prices for Blockbuster games apply everywhere? I've been to two BB's in my area, and games like Hitman Contracts and Driv3r are marked at like 30+ dollars, preplyaed.

[quote name='cag1000']hey haven't checked this thread since I traded in my first 2
curious where is everyone getting their games besides the outlaws
metal arms? how much u payin for it where? what else is real cheap?[/QUOTE]

Bad Boys, Conflict: Desert Storm, Cabela's Big Deer Hunter.

I added a thread in the deals forum to add all cheap PO games to a master list. I am going to try to update it over time so please post your cheap PO games there. I think we will all benefit.

[quote name='Chacrana']Bad Boys, Conflict: Desert Storm, Cabela's Big Deer Hunter.[/QUOTE]

I've also heard that Metal Arms: Glitch in the System works, and my Best Buy had a bunch of those for 10 bucks.

[quote name='studioaudience']Do you guys know if the prices for Blockbuster games apply everywhere? I've been to two BB's in my area, and games like Hitman Contracts and Driv3r are marked at like 30+ dollars, preplyaed.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem . . . I see some of these games at BB and they are $15 and over which blows!

Hey guys, I just happened across this topic and didn't feel like traipsing through all 50+ pages of it... but does anyone know if this trade-in offer applies to EB Canada as well?

[quote name='schultzed']I have the same problem . . . I see some of these games at BB and they are $15 and over which blows![/QUOTE]

Well at my BB/Gamerush I know they are pretty slow sometimes at updating prices since they have to take the plastic case off of each game etc.

So what I do when I hear about a game being cheaper than what is marked is just take it up to the register and ask them to check the current price for you.

I saw Hitman Contracts marked at 16.99 as well as 34.99 but I knew it would ring up at 9.99...just ask them to check if you are unsure, no harm done!

My area (Southern California) doesn't have Driv3r at 9.99 though, and I'll check Syphon Filter as it is marked at like 16.99 still--although it could have been missed in the markdowns.

here's a different tactic that I don't think has been mentioned yet that has worked well for me. I trade in my three games for a pre-order of ATV: Offroad blah blah (cause it's not out until later this month) and then head back again later and switch the pre-order to another game. Once you have pre-ordered the game, I don't believe the computer records that it was a trade in deal at all, it just lists it as $39.99 down for ATV. I've done it at an EB that doesn't let me return games with a reciept for full credit. It takes two trips, but I haven't had it fail yet, plus you can pre-order games that are months away from coming out.

Wow SOmehow I missed out on this deal...

Although I still have 6 days to catch up!

This is more like the OLD CAG deals I was used to...

I can tell summer is now here.!!!

[quote name='fivecardstud']here's a different tactic that I don't think has been mentioned yet that has worked well for me. I trade in my three games for a pre-order of ATV: Offroad blah blah (cause it's not out until later this month) and then head back again later and switch the pre-order to another game. Once you have pre-ordered the game, I don't believe the computer records that it was a trade in deal at all, it just lists it as $39.99 down for ATV. I've done it at an EB that doesn't let me return games with a reciept for full credit. It takes two trips, but I haven't had it fail yet, plus you can pre-order games that are months away from coming out.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is the best way to work this deal for other games, I still have 2 copies of MLB and 1 copy of ATV pre-ordered with credit from the 3 for 1 deal I plan on moving around to other stuff. I already cancelled 1 pre-order for MLB to get God of War and cancelled one MLB and one ATV to pick up a new GBA SP. Both times the guy behind the counter did this for me no problem.

If I traded in a set of 3 for ATV than another set of 3 say for Gretzky; can I turn Gretzky order for a Untold Legends?

Geuss its worth going to BB w/ 'that' coupon & getting one more game to add to my other 2 so I can get the 3 titles I originally wanted w/ my PSP.

Late

[quote name='pete5883']I've also heard that Metal Arms: Glitch in the System works, and my Best Buy had a bunch of those for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it definitely does work. The poster already listed that one though (I think) so I didn't list it again.

[quote name='Wonka']If I traded in a set of 3 for ATV than another set of 3 say for Gretzky; can I turn Gretzky order for a Untold Legends?

Late[/QUOTE]

gretzky is out, so you won't be able to pre-order, I got gretzky on friday and went back to the same store on sunday and swapped it for untold legends. Just took in my reciept and the clerk was ok with it.

I just traded in Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-mas, Bad Boys: Miami Takedown, and Metroid Prime, which cost me, in total, $13. Traded in for Wipeout, not without the EB jerk telling me that OG didn't work and me correcting him. I also enjoyed the scowling that was done by said employee as he begrudgingly handed me my game.

Now, let me get this straight: PS2 Jampack Demo Disk Vol. 11 IS excluded? The exclusion list at EB doesn't list it as one. I wanted to go get Twisted Metal, but not if it'll cost me over $15, which it will if JP 11 doesn't work.

Go to EB in Lakewood, CA. They just hire new workers (girls), showed them the ad, and no hassle at all. I just trade in 3X 9 More Holes of X-mas, and got Wipeout.

I've seen the X-Box version of Future Tactics mentioned as a PO game, but how about the Playstation 2 version?

Im gonna get Tiget Woods over Untold so I will just swap for that; got my ride down the hill to probably go wensday or thursday, w00t.

Late

[quote name='Bervda']I've seen the X-Box version of Future Tactics mentioned as a PO game, but how about the Playstation 2 version?[/QUOTE]

POX, it's on the list too.

As of today, Stunt GP (PS2) and Exhibition 5 and below are POX and will no longer work for this deal.

I didn't have an Exhibition 6 or 7 to try out so I can't tell you all if it POX or not.

****! I have two copies of Exhibition Demo 4 and other games.

Quick! How can I get Metal Arms for $5? I heard its $10 at BB but it will cost $5 with a coupon or something. Help me please!

And what other games can I get for $5 (gamestop, eb, etc.)?

I need more PO games!!!

[quote name='Escobar4Life']****! I have two copies of Exhibition Demo 4 and other games.

Quick! How can I get Metal Arms for $5? I heard its $10 at BB but it will cost $5 with a coupon or something. Help me please!

And what other games can I get for $5 (gamestop, eb, etc.)?

I need more PO games!!![/QUOTE]

Go to the "$5 Best Buy PS2 games" thread and find the coupon that I scanned. One of the posts has a picture of the coupon so that's obviously one place to find it. Anyway, you can use that coupon on Metal Arms, Bad Boys, Cabela's Big Deer Hunter, and Conflict Desert Storm for PS2 which makes each of these only $5 each (there's other options, but these are ones that I can confirm worked at EBGames.)

Thanks!!! Also I'm gonna have to print the coupon or something right. So will I have to use a different coupon for each game I buy?

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm gonna go to Best Buy right now.

Just traded in Cubix (PS2), Syphon Filter (PS2), and Hitman Contracts (PS2) for Wipeout Pure.

This was at Santa Anita Mall EB in So. Cal, the guy behind the counter (skinny dude with goatee) was cool and he gave me a gift reciept without a hitch. I plan on picking up Untold Legends.

DO NOT deal with the fat ass jerk who works there, he doesn't even scan games he doesn't "think" are valid for the trade in, for instance Outlaw 9 More. I've tried folks, and this guy is just straight retarded--wait for the skinny guy.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Thanks!!! Also I'm gonna have to print the coupon or something right. So will I have to use a different coupon for each game I buy?

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm gonna go to Best Buy right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Just print like 50000 and you'll be set. Sometimes the stupid cashier bitches won't let you use more than one coupon at a time. If this is the case, then you should be able to just go through all the open cashier lanes and use the coupon 5-6 times at once. Do this a couple times and you should have all the PSP launch games you need.

Or you could get a cashier who'll tell you to hold onto the coupon because it doesn't expire until the end of the year. In that case, need only 1 copy.

Thanks alot Chacrana! You just made my day!!!

I had 12 games I bought and out of the 12, only 6 will work at EB. I brought the list but some games aren't working now. But atleast I have 6 that will work. I will return the games that didn't work to their original store.

Anyways, thanks alot!!!!! I'm printing the coupons right now. I hope EB won't start complaining if I bring multiple copies of the same game. :)

Thanks alot!!! :)

Just went to EB and tried to trade in the following games:

Bombastic (PS2)
Battle Engine Aquila (PS2)
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas (Xbox)

Both Bombastic and Battle Engine Aquila rang up as PO, but Outlaw Golf didn't ring up at all. In other words, it wasn't even in their system! =/ The clerk behind the counter tried to find the game by putting in the first three letters of the game (I guess this is how they find games), scanning the UPC code and even entering the UPC code manually. Still, NOTHING came up. He told me that he can't take it because the game wasn't even in their system. So I came back and traded my extra copy of F-Zero GX and came out with Ape Escape: On the Loose. Yeah, so I'm stranded with a copy of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas now...

[quote name='Socheata']Just went to EB and tried to trade in the following games:

Bombastic (PS2)
Battle Engine Aquila (PS2)
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas (Xbox)

Both Bombastic and Battle Engine Aquila rang up as PO, but Outlaw Golf didn't ring up at all. In other words, it wasn't even in their system! =/ The clerk behind the counter tried to find the game by putting in the first three letters of the game (I guess this is how they find games), scanning the UPC code and even entering the UPC code manually. Still, NOTHING came up. He told me that he can't take it because the game wasn't even in their system. So I came back and traded my extra copy of F-Zero GX and came out with Ape Escape: On the Loose. Yeah, so I'm stranded with a copy of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas now...[/QUOTE]
It's been noted many times that Outlaw Golf will NOT scan as being in the system...The cashier has to look it up, it worked for me today.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']It's been noted many times that Outlaw Golf will NOT scan as being in the system...The cashier has to look it up, it worked for me today.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. He did look it up, but it wasn't in the system at all. Oh well.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Thanks alot Chacrana! You just made my day!!!

I had 12 games I bought and out of the 12, only 6 will work at EB. I brought the list but some games aren't working now. But atleast I have 6 that will work. I will return the games that didn't work to their original store.

Anyways, thanks alot!!!!! I'm printing the coupons right now. I hope EB won't start complaining if I bring multiple copies of the same game. :)

Thanks alot!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Let us know which titles you tried didn't work.

[quote name='Socheata']That's the thing. He did look it up, but it wasn't in the system at all. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I think I read in here to tell them to lookup "9 more holes"

[quote name='hotwls13']I think I read in here to tell them to lookup "9 more holes"[/QUOTE]

Damn.

He typed in "Out", "Outlaw", "9 More" and "Outlaw Golf". :(

Please? Could someone just give me a yes or no on whether this deal also works at the EB Canada locations? I'm stranded at college without a long distance plan with which to call and find out...

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Let us know which titles you tried didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Sure I'll let everyone know. I mean, I come here and see cheapassgamers posting what they did and that helps me and many others. I haven't had the chance to contribute to CAG community and I will today.

Before I go to BB will there be a problem with using the coupon? I mean, I thought coupons had different barcodes and stuff. And will there be a problem using more than 1 coupon at a time (on seperate games ofcourse).

[quote name='Ugamer_X']It's been noted many times that Outlaw Golf will NOT scan as being in the system...The cashier has to look it up, it worked for me today.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a problem with EB not finding this game in the system yet. I just hand them a stack of three games with Outlaw in the middle and it has always scanned without a problem. Joystickz has a reciept scan on the first page of what it comes up as in the system:

PO-OUTLAW/G:9MH A

So maybe you can use this at places where they have problems looking it up.

[quote name='Glover']Please? Could someone just give me a yes or no on whether this deal also works at the EB Canada locations? I'm stranded at college without a long distance plan with which to call and find out...[/QUOTE]

Why can't you just go to an EB Canada.....if the flyers are there, then the deal is going on...if not, then tough.

bread's done
Back