Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

well I plan on getting it from CC for three reasons, 10$ gift card, 50% off strategy guide, and 10% off gamer card= nice.... even tho CC is a crapy store all together

[quote name='Dhuk']Anyone know of the ads tomorrow? I'd hate to buy it at midnight, then *boom* awsome deal the next few hours from the ads.[/quote]

Then just buy it at the other store and return that copy to the place you bought at midnight at a higher price.

If I can make it out tonight, hella snowstorm here and you not supposed to drive, I think i'm gonna buy Brawl at midnight somewhere and then return my copy being bought with Gamerush credit for a refund of my midnight money. Wasn't planning on getting it tonight but all this snow and cancelled weekend overtimes has changed my plans. :D

I just walked down to my local EB games to do a pre-order/purchase. They are open at midnight. I'm lucky because it is only a 3 minute drive or 10 minute walk. I plan on heading down there about 12:30AM.

It just sucks this weekend has the 1 hour time change. One less hour to play this game is a bad deal for everyone with a normal M-F job.

I could have saved $10, but it wasn't worth the fact I would have had to get out on a cold Sunday morning. It just feels better to be able to be able to sleep in, and cough up the extra $10. Plus CC is about a 10 mile drive so when I factor in gas it becomes even less of a difference.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']so can i go preorder this today at circuit cityand still get the giftcard?[/quote]

Unfortunately, no.

Even though the CC ad says "through 3/8" evidently the pre-orders ended Wednesday. That is when they took it off the web site. I called my local CC Thursday to pre-order and they said the pre-order period had passed.

False advertising anyone?

My questions are:

1. If I take this week's ad to my local CC will they honor the pre-order and give me the $10 GC?
2. If I buy it tomorrow will I get a $10 GC?

[quote name='ryansebiz']Unfortunately, no.

Even though the CC ad says "through 3/8" evidently the pre-orders ended Wednesday. That is when they took it off the web site. I called my local CC Thursday to pre-order and they said the pre-order period had passed.

False advertising anyone?

My questions are:

1. If I take this week's ad to my local CC will they honor the pre-order and give me the $10 GC?
2. If I buy it tomorrow will I get a $10 GC?[/quote]
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Supe...sem/rpsm/oid/196212/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Still on the website.

i just called my circuit city and they said i could come in and do this today, so anyone who is worried, i would say if its close enough to u definetly go ahead and try and if your that worried call ahead.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']so can i go preorder this today at circuit cityand still get the giftcard?[/quote]

Yes you can. I did it yesterday its still up on the website even.

I just found out the the GS I preordered at isn't doing midnight release, which I really didn't care about at the time so I never asked. However, now that it is so close I want to start playing as soon as I can. I'm thinking I'll go to the midnight launch at the GS that is down the road a mile from the mall one, and see if they have any extra copies to sell, take that one home, play it, then go back to the mall when it opens at 11 and pick up the copy I already paid for. Then my girlfriend can have the extra copy.

[quote name='Lost Loser']I just found out the the GS I preordered at isn't doing midnight release, which I really didn't care about at the time so I never asked. However, now that it is so close I want to start playing as soon as I can. I'm thinking I'll go to the midnight launch at the GS that is down the road a mile from the mall one, and see if they have any extra copies to sell, take that one home, play it, then go back to the mall when it opens at 11 and pick up the copy I already paid for. Then my girlfriend can have the extra copy.[/quote]

Dude, just buy one of the $100 copies available on Craigslist! ;)

[quote name='Lost Loser']I just found out the the GS I preordered at isn't doing midnight release, which I really didn't care about at the time so I never asked. However, now that it is so close I want to start playing as soon as I can. I'm thinking I'll go to the midnight launch at the GS that is down the road a mile from the mall one, and see if they have any extra copies to sell, take that one home, play it, then go back to the mall when it opens at 11 and pick up the copy I already paid for. Then my girlfriend can have the extra copy.[/quote]

My dumb manager said only people who pre-order can buy, then the rest are up for grabs.

I don't know if that's true or not.

is the "trade in 2 games get an extra $10 credit" still going on?
anyone think if I walk into EB around 11:30pm tonight they will let me pre-order and grab a copy 30 min later?

thanks

[quote name='shimz']is the "trade in 2 games get an extra $10 credit" still going on?
anyone think if I walk into EB around 11:30pm tonight they will let me pre-order and grab a copy 30 min later?

thanks[/quote]

Probably not, seeing as they get about as much copies as they pre-order. Maybe if somebody decides they don't want a copy, they will give you one.

[quote name='psyanide82']Probably not, seeing as they get about as much copies as they pre-order. Maybe if somebody decides they don't want a copy, they will give you one.... for a nominal fee[/QUOTE]

Fixed

[quote name='Veronica Mars']My dumb manager said only people who pre-order can buy, then the rest are up for grabs.

I don't know if that's true or not.[/quote]

Hm, well I talked to my girlfriend, and we're going to the midnight thing and will try to buy her a copy (even though she hasn't reserved). Hopefully they'll have some left overs. We'll then play that together tonight, and I'll get up at 11 tomorrow and get my already paid copy. I think I'll also try and print her the 10% any purchase coupon so she can save, like what, $5.

So now that Circuit City has a deal where you get the game guide for 50% off if you buy it with smash bros (so it will be $10).

Do you think it's possible to use the $10 giftcard on that? So essentially you would be getting Brawl with a free guide.

Although I would love to jump on this, I am going to hold out for a bit longer. It's only a matter of time before CC or someone else is gonna pull a 37.99 or 24.99 sale 3-6 weeks from now. Heck I remembered getting SSBM for around 25 bucks at CC 4 years ago.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']will they let u use the 10$ giftcard to buy the game is my question?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, the ad says "Gift card good for future purchases only."

1. For anyone trying to use there Gamer Card at CC for SSBB and get the 50% off strategy guide, you won't able to do both unless you get customer service to manually do it.

I tried to buy GOW COO for the PSP with my Gamer Card yesterday and get 50% off a PSP accessory and I was told I could only do one or the other. It does say on the Gamer Card that it doesn't work with other discounts. The accessory was a case that was $10 (which would have been $5).

The reason you still get the $10 gift card is becuase you are still spending full price. The gift card is not a discount. The computer only gives one discount.

I would also suggest bringing this current week's ad in for the gift card on regular purchase. 3/9's ad says nothing about a gift card for purchase.

2. Check out TRU's deal. It gives you half off a select list of games with purchase.

I'm going to forget about CC's deal (which would have given me $7 off while using the Gamer Card) and get it from TRU and get Zack & Wiki for $15 (normally $30).

[quote name='Tsiawd']Yes you can. I did it yesterday its still up on the website even.[/QUOTE]

I checked twice yesterday and you couldn't do it. You certainly can't do it now. You are either full of it, or got really lucky.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Although I would love to jump on this, I am going to hold out for a bit longer. It's only a matter of time before CC or someone else is gonna pull a 37.99 or 24.99 sale 3-6 weeks from now. Heck I remembered getting SSBM for around 25 bucks at CC 4 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Four years ago, SSBM would've been three years old. I'm not about to wait that long. I wouldn't be surprised if Target put it up for 37.99 in a month though. There's also always the possibility of TRU doing their B2G1 around Thanksgiving. Still too long of a wait for me.

[quote name='theflicker']Four years ago, SSBM would've been three years old. I'm not about to wait that long. I wouldn't be surprised if Target put it up for 37.99 in a month though. There's also always the possibility of TRU doing their B2G1 in a few months. Still too long of a wait for me.[/quote]

fixed.

I wish they made a special collectors edition though with behind the scenes bonus dvd or a music cd :(

[quote name='ma']I checked twice yesterday and you couldn't do it. You certainly can't do it now. You are either full of it, or got really lucky.[/quote]

I thought the same thing.

Here's how to get it online.

Search for SSBB. It will let you pre-order from the search results.

For some odd reason, you cannot pre-order from the game page.

My plan with my girlfriend worked like a charm. We had to wait in a line and they wouldn't start selling us copies until 12:30 to make sure that everyone who had preordered at that GameStop and wanted to come at midnight got theirs first, but after that there were plenty left. The cashier was also shocked that I wanted to use a coupon, but he entered in the code and it worked perfectly fine. I'm definitely going to print out another copy of the 10% off any game coupon before I go to pick up my reserve at the mall in the morning just in case there's also something on the shelf.

Those fuckers at Circuit City wouldn't let me have the gift card because I didn't preorder the game, even though they told me otherwise when I tried to preorder it Friday. So I got it at TRU instead with Zak & Wiki.

Went to Best Buy last night around 12:15ish, picked up two copies (one for me and a friend), got a free gift card and some Wii Gloves and Wii Hats. lol

-marc

Picked it up at Circuit City, and as usual there was mass confusion, as I tried to purchase the guide and the game. I had preordered the game (so I got the giftcard), but they couldn't get the guide to ring up 50 percent off. They finally worked it out by manually charging me 10 bucks for the guide. My total (minus the giftcard) was like $38, and I gave my card to girl. She ran it through, I signed and was out of there.

When I got home, I glanced at my receipt before I pitched it. It says that my card was only being charged for $0.74. The sale hasn't posted on my account yet, but I might have just paid $5.74 for the guide and the game ($5.00 preorder and .74 cent pickup).

Just got it at CC with the guide. I checked online right before I left and it said you get $10 gift card with PURCHASE. So I go to the store and tell the cashier; he looks it up on the site and the offer is gone. WTF. I was ticked. I ended up settling for the guide because that was the best deal I could get really...

does anyone know if gamestop will give me shit if i return the copy i bought online to them (without their gamestop sticker)?

[quote name='feek']does anyone know if gamestop will give me shit if i return the copy i bought online to them (without their gamestop sticker)?[/QUOTE]

they are not going to care about sticker as long as you got a receipt

[quote name='62t']they are not going to care about sticker as long as you got a receipt[/quote]
word, thanks. that's what i figured, but they seemed like they might be assholes. i dont usually shop there

CHAD WARDEN

Just bought mine for $40. I don't care about having it right away. No Tax Free shipping. Was going to get from sams but didn't want to pay tax so bought it at buy.com

bread's done
Back