Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

[quote name='Busyman']You are still buying it at regular price. CC walks away with your $50.[/quote]

Not in California.

[quote name='Nohbdy']That is something you could have easily inquired about the very moment you were there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I regret not doing that but it was right after work, I was very tired and had crazy hungry. Anyone know the last day for pre-orders (officially at CC)?

[quote name='heyboova']unless you had a gift card or something at best buy this deal sucks considering you get a $10 gift card at CC without the extra 40 dollar game.[/quote]

Unless you live in an area with no CC's and you were planning on buying something like DMC4, Burnout Paradise, etc.

[quote name='prateeko']Yeah, I regret not doing that but it was right after work, I was very tired and had crazy hungry. Anyone know the last day for pre-orders (officially at CC)?[/QUOTE]

It officially says March 8th is the last day to preorder, however many CC's are begining to stop taking them.

Just got the same email. I would use this deal over Circuit City's SSB:Brawl offerif the 10% coupon was permitted, but per usual can't combine coupons.

[quote name='KoA']Eh if Mass effect was cheaper i would have done it.[/quote]

Ditto. I think the game will eventually go on the Platinum line so I'm waiting for that. Or for the upcoming PC version to go cheap, whichever happens first.

My CC ran out of pre-orders. Not sure what my options are....I do have $15 in reward Certificates from Best Buy and the 10% coupon, maybe I can just do that without preordering. Should be around $32, provided that I can get my hands on a copy.

I called my two GameStops and they are still taking pre-orders. o_O I'm getting one tomorrow and waiting for the mid-night release. It'll be fun.

sorry don't feel like fishing through 17 pages.

So if I preorder super smash bros at circuit city I get a $10 gift card and when I actually buy it I get another $10 gift card so $20 in total? Also is there anything I should bring to the store to ensure I get the gift card(s)?

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']sorry don't feel like fishing through 17 pages.

So if I preorder super smash bros at circuit city I get a $10 gift card and when I actually buy it I get another $10 gift card so $20 in total? Also is there anything I should bring to the store to ensure I get the gift card(s)?[/quote]
No you will only get ONE gift card, at the time you receive the game. For a total of $10 GC. Bring the ad to be sure but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='aea414']No you will only get ONE gift card, at the time you receive the game. For a total of $10 GC. Bring the ad to be sure but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.[/quote]
I don't have the ad. Is there anywhere I can get it or can I just print out the page from their website?

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']I don't have the ad. Is there anywhere I can get it or can I just print out the page from their website?[/QUOTE]

Have you never stepped foot in a CC before?

They're usually right in front of the front door.

This is obviously BB's attempt to get gamers to go to their store instead of CC, but 'greed' has failed them... AGAIN!

[quote name='maxgle']This is obviously BB's attempt to get gamers to go to their store instead of CC, but 'greed' has failed them... AGAIN![/QUOTE]

You gotta give 'em credit though... they know how to fail.:)

I'm going to check out the Bestbuy launch party tomorrow in Noho. You have to participate in tournament to get a $10 gift card. It's a little better then Circuit City for me since I get it a day or two earlier. I participate and get my pwned by some 9 year old. Maybe I swing by Gamestop 33rd Broadway, Sunday for another big Smash Brothers Launch Party/Tournament.

I wonder what the Nintendo World Store or TOYSRUS in Time Square cook up for Smash Brother Brawl launch party? I didn't get the email regard their launch party.

well i need to buy my brother a birthday present anyway, so the $10 BB giftcard deal is for me(plus ill be able to actually stay up late playing a new game if i get it at midnight.. it never happens like that because games always come out on tuesdays)

BB better not try to deny me buying 2 copies of brawl to get the gc though.

[quote name='me_schnitzel']I also preordered from CC, and tried calling today to see when i could pick it up in store. The guy I talked too seemed pretty stupid as he told me they wouldnt put it on the floor until tuesday or wednesday... I asked why since its actual release was sunday but he had no answer for me.
Im going to keep calling to find out if i get to pick it up on sunday or not, i'll be pissed if they make me wait![/QUOTE]

If you chose in store pickup you should be able to get it on Sunday. I just got the CC ad in the mail today and SSBB is on the front page with "Available Today" on it. I toyed with the idea of going into the store today and showing them the ad saying "available today" on it but it's dropped a whole bunch of snow out there and the roads are a mess. I think I'll just sit here with a glass of Knob Creek and watch people try to drive up the hill in front of the house instead.

[quote name='Prolific']I think Costco has the best deal so far with like a discount of 11%ish.[/quote]

Costco, eh?

I just called my local store (Richmond, CA). The manager said they think the price will be $43, but he's not sure about that. Unfortunately he also said they won't have it on shelves until release day, so no early deals for me...

[quote name='psychofish']Costco, eh?

I just called my local store (Richmond, CA). The manager said they think the price will be $43, but he's not sure about that. Unfortunately he also said they won't have it on shelves until release day, so no early deals for me...[/quote]
Check out callmesteam's post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4047404&postcount=303
The $43 price was confirmed. Definitely the best out-the-door deal if you don't have credit anywhere. The Circuit City "deal" just ropes you into buying more there; you're still spending $50 +tax (if you have it) to buy the game. Unless you have the game membership there, but even with that your out-the-door price for that day is higher.

So, I stopped by CC on my lunch break to try and reserve a copy. They have already received their copies, so it wouldn't let them pre-sell any more. So, they just gave me the $10 gift card. I don't have a guarantee for the game, but it's a nice bonus for just stopping into the store.

Is the game shipping for anyone? Looks like Toys R' Us is holding out until March 9 to ship my game, and I haven't seen anything here about the game shipping.

One of my local playntrades will be getting it in around 10 am tomorrow, and sell it at noon (12 pm).

My girlfriend and I are doing a 'Smash Crawl' tomorrow at noon, basically just trolling around town
seeing if any place is unaware enough to sell it to us early ("Did you guys put all this week's new games out on the floor? Because there's this Wii game I'm looking for..."). I'll have all my various ten percent off coupons just in case, but I doubt anything will come from it. If anything, it's just an excuse to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather...

[quote name='thesimplicity']My girlfriend and I are doing a 'Smash Crawl' tomorrow at noon, basically just trolling around town
seeing if any place is unaware enough to sell it to us early ("Did you guys put all this week's new games out on the floor? Because there's this Wii game I'm looking for..."). I'll have all my various ten percent off coupons just in case, but I doubt anything will come from it. If anything, it's just an excuse to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather...[/quote]

Ya, goodluck with that.

TROLL !

It's going to be 43.88 at sam's. Does anyone know if you can do in store pick up the day a game comes out? I have a $10 gift certificate from wal-mart.com that was given to me when they cancelled my $19.88 SSBB preorder. The certificate is only good for online purchases but I don't wanna have to wait to get it shipped to me.

[quote name='obi_bry_kenobi'] Does anyone know if you can do in store pick up the day a game comes out? I have a $10 gift certificate from wal-mart.com that was given to me when they cancelled my $19.88 SSBB preorder. The certificate is only good for online purchases but I don't wanna have to wait to get it shipped to me.[/quote]

I used my $10 Online Gift Certificate a few weeks back, and did the site-to-store shipping option... I got free shipping, but had to wait "7-10 days" (what my invoice said, and about how long it took) for it to show up at the store.

...In other words, you're better off with BB's or CC's in-store-pickup options if you want your product right away (assuming that item is available for in-store-pickup).

[quote name='sonderiaom']3/4ths of the NW costco's are getting 144 in. Just to help out.[/quote]
wish i had seen this earlier! but yeah... i confirmed 144 at all the locations people were looking for.

got my copy this morning today from a local hookup!
the game is awesome.
will be smashing all weekend!!

I haven't seen this mentioned yet (of course this is a big forum though, so don't shoot me if it's already been said), but GS just sent out a new e-mail coupon.
10% off any used Wii games with the purchase of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Not valid with any other offers. Offer valid on up to 2 games only. Must be purchased at same time. Limit 1 coupon per customer per visit. Offer valid 3/9/08 to 3/13/08.

So, it doesn't actually save you any money on Brawl, but if you were already looking for some other Wii games, it can get you like $8 off your total purchase. I'm sure someone will do that nifty thing soon where they give you the image for you to copy and print.

You can find the 10% coupon in this week's GameStop ad thread. All in all, it's weak sauce, considering you can just the 10% "welcome" coupon to get the money off of Brawl and not worry about buying anything else.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You can find the 10% coupon in this week's GameStop ad thread. All in all, it's weak sauce, considering you can just the 10% "welcome" coupon to get the money off of Brawl and not worry about buying anything else.[/QUOTE]What 10% "welcome" coupon?

[quote name='ZForce915']Does anyone know when WalMart can start selling Brawl? Is it right at midnight?[/quote]

Just call your local Wal-Mart and see what they are planning. It'll probably be the easiest way to find out.

[quote name='zillax0rz']Stores doing MIDNIGHT LAUNCHES are... ???[/quote]

I know that Gamecrazy is, and GS/EB is, as well as Sam's Club.

Costco won't, Target probably won't, Walmart may.

I got Super Smash Brother Brawl since Yesterday(Yes the english version), I been playing it all night.

I love New York. They are selling it at the game stores near Chinatown.

[quote name='dan13l858']Are people aware this game comes out in 22 hrs pst. No need to waste gas to get it a few hours earlly.[/QUOTE]

I think some people believe its out on Tuesday, like every other release.

Is the best deal just a $10 gift card at circuit city. I hate circuit city.

Anyone know of the ads tomorrow? I'd hate to buy it at midnight, then *boom* awsome deal the next few hours from the ads.

bread's done
Back