Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

[quote name='gobz']Flame in 3 ... 2... 1...[/quote]

an exclamation point? come on did he really need that? was he really that excited about this?

[quote name='dank']an exclamation point? come on did he really need that? was he really that excited about this?[/quote]

Where is the exclamation point?

[quote name='Furashu']did anyone order brawl on CC.com?

cause my checkout says 39.99+ the tax
what about the Gift card?[/quote]

it should say the gift card, I did it just the other day just to try it, and it said 39.99 for Brawl and 10.00 for the gift card, and total was 49.99

[quote name='JJSP']Your math is faulty. Two copies of Heatseeker ($15ish each = $30 ish) + $9.99 = Brawl ($39.99ish + tax). Nothing to really write home about.

Fry's will probably have it for roughly that, and with less leg work.[/quote]

Well I'm optimistic. They said $10-$15, I look at the best possible savings, and that's getting 'em both for $10. Don't question my faulty logic, even if Circuit City really prices them at $15. Wait, what? Boo. First Wal-mart, and now the Circuit City/Gamestop deal that never existed.

Meh, screw it, I'm waiting for the people to undercut eachother during launch week, and get Best Buy to price match. I'd like some Reward Zone points.

Iono about the Fry's comment, though. They aren't necessarily eager to be on top of the ball when it comes to new game releases, and I've never seen them with significant discounts at launch. Except for Battlefield 2. And Battlefield Vietnam. And Supreme Commander. Ok, ok, I guess they do have them time to time.

Iono about the Fry's comment, though. They aren't necessarily eager to be on top of the ball when it comes to new game releases, and I've never seen them with significant discounts at launch. Except for Battlefield 2. And Battlefield Vietnam. And Supreme Commander. Ok, ok, I guess they do have them time to time.

yea, frys always has huge high profile titles for the cheap on release day only. I got Assassins creed for 37.99 if my memory serves me well, and Pokemon Diamond for $22 (vs. the standard $29). I have a great deal of faith in Frys, but I decided to preorder from CC anyways for the $10 giftcard just in case they don't have a deal.

[quote name='CaliforniaKing']When will we get our game if we pre-ordered from CC? Any guesses? I picked free shipping so I guess I'm screwed for at least a week..[/quote]
I was wondering this as well. Will they mail it so it arrives on March 9, or will they not mail it out until March 9? Would I be better off to go B&M with the preorder? As also mentioned, anyone know if the GC can be used online?

I'm debating not preordering at all and just picking one up at BB next Sunday morning since I never buy stuff at CC.

[quote name='Darklighter']I was wondering this as well. Will they mail it so it arrives on March 9, or will they not mail it out until March 9? Would I be better off to go B&M with the preorder? As also mentioned, anyone know if the GC can be used online?

I'm debating not preordering at all and just picking one up at BB next Sunday morning since I never buy stuff at CC.[/quote]

I also preordered from CC, and tried calling today to see when i could pick it up in store. The guy I talked too seemed pretty stupid as he told me they wouldnt put it on the floor until tuesday or wednesday... I asked why since its actual release was sunday but he had no answer for me.
Im going to keep calling to find out if i get to pick it up on sunday or not, i'll be pissed if they make me wait!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I assume that we shouldn't be getting any promotion concerning SSBB from our major retailers such as CC,TRu,target,BB and others for quiet time. Cu the game doesn't need promotion to sell.

But, that's what we assume when mario galaxy promotion from TRU blew is away.

I'm still waitng for next weeks ad of target and
bb. And see what they have.

I'll buy the game one day of its release, keep the receipt, and return it within 30days if any of the retailers, or anyway I can get it back cheap.

That way, I can still get it at 'promotion' price

Just like a true cheapass gamer[/quote]

No GC from TRU this time :(

the game has so much hype, and large following...I don't think any store really needed to add any type of incentive inorder to get a sale.

[quote name='panasonic']gamestop seems to have the best deal for me. RE4 and Medal of honor Heroes 2 is what i am trading in[/quote]

Have fun getting ripped off.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 worth $33 used
RE4Wii worth $20ish used.

$53 + $10 that you have to buy SSBB with = $63 for Brawl?

[quote name='Samus']Have fun getting ripped off.

$53 + $10 that you have to buy SSBB with = $63 for Brawl?[/quote]

Thats the problem no one is buying i have medal of honor listed on cag and other sites for over a month. You want to buy it?

Swapped RE4 and Heatseeker at GS today for the $9.99 Brawl deal.

Not too shabby, and actually had a couple decent guys working at the location by my house. Who knew! I thought they only hired smartass punks who think they know everything in my area.

[quote name='panasonic']What is the heatseeker deal?[/QUOTE]

I think it was from CC Clearance it's ~$11, so get 2x and get brawl for about $35ish

[quote name='eshbums']Swapped RE4 and Heatseeker at GS today for the $9.99 Brawl deal.

Not too shabby, and actually had a couple decent guys working at the location by my house. Who knew! I thought they only hired smartass punks who think they know everything in my area.[/quote]

did they make you pay tax?

[quote name='Samus']Have fun getting ripped off.

$53 + $10 that you have to buy SSBB with = $63 for Brawl?[/quote]

$33 for a used copy? I've seen sealed go for $35 and less lately, but I don't know about that much for a used copy. $25, perhaps? After a couple of bucks to eBay and PayPal, he probably broke even. Not a great deal, obviously, but he wanted to get rid of them. I don't know if he got ripped off, that's for sure.

Best deal:

Get Brawl at CC w/ $10 gc
Get Patapon (or another $20 game you've been eyeing) w/ the $10 gc

This way you get 2 great games (possibly..) for $60

Well that's what I'm gunna do come this Sunday

[quote name='briandadude']I pre-ordered my copy the other day at Circuit City.

I used my gamer's card to save 10% and then you get a $10 gift card when you pick it up.[/quote]

same here. i also used my employee discount.

[quote name='Foo228']Best deal:

Well that's what I'm gunna do come this Sunday[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, "Buy Brawl get a Wii points card for 9.99!" Hell yeah.....

Well that's what I'm gunna do come this Sunday[/QUOTE]

That's looking like the best deal atm.

So can I just walk in CC sunday and get it with the $10 gc just walking in?

Or is there some pre order or something I have to do prior to sunday, in order to get the $10 gc?

[quote name='tharimrattler']So can I just walk in CC sunday and get it with the $10 gc just walking in?

Or is there some pre order or something I have to do prior to sunday, in order to get the $10 gc?[/quote]

You have to pre-order it by the 8th, "Free $10 Gift Card with Pre-Order! Offer ends 3/8/08!".

[quote name='Furashu']did anyone order brawl on CC.com?

cause my checkout says 39.99+ the tax
what about the Gift card?[/quote]

I just ordered Brawl from CC.com, and the same thing happened with me... it was only $39.99 + tax.

The weird thing is, I think I'm getting a gift card ALSO. According to my "order status," the gift card will be shipping on 3/4. So, if that's the case, I just saved $10 AND got a $10 gift card :cool:.

Worst case scenario, I had the GC applied directly to my Brawl order, which is still pretty sweet. Knowing I saved money will hopefully make the waiting easier, while everyone else gets to play their copies on launch day :whistle2:|.

[quote name='stummies1121']I just ordered Brawl from CC.com, and the same thing happened with me... it was only $39.99 + tax.

The weird thing is, I think I'm getting a gift card ALSO. According to my "order status," the gift card will be shipping on 3/4. So, if that's the case, I just saved $10 AND got a $10 gift card :cool:.

Worst case scenario, I had the GC applied directly to my Brawl order, which is still pretty sweet. Knowing I saved money will hopefully make the waiting easier, while everyone else gets to play their copies on launch day :whistle2:|.[/QUOTE]

It's showing as $40 for brawl because you paid $10 for the "free" gift card.

[quote name='sasukekun']It's showing as $40 for brawl because you paid $10 for the "free" gift card.[/quote]

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Those sly dogs.

Ah well, it's better than nothing I guess :)

I would check it again if I were you guys. I just did it, and yes, it lists SSBB as costing $39.99, but then you are separately charged $10 for the gift card.

Edit: Damn, beaten.

[quote name='Jack Ryan']I would check it again if I were you guys. I just did it, and yes, it lists SSBB as costing $39.99, but then you are separately charged $10 for the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Damn, beaten.

so is there high proability that I would be getting 10gc along with 40 bucks that I'll charged for ssbb when I buyit on CC.com ?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']so is there high proability that I would be getting 10gc along with 40 bucks that I'll charged for ssbb when I buyit on CC.com ?[/QUOTE]
...Hu?

You'll be charged $50 in total, $40 for SSBB, and $10 for the gift card.

I'm torn between going for CC and getting the gift card, going Target and using employee discount + $5 off $25 or more purchase, and going to Gamestop for a midnight release party.

Does this game have random anonymous online multiplayer, or do you have to know friend codes and such to play? If you need friend codes, I'll just wait, but if you can just jump straight online it would be great to be able to get that going at 12:30 am. :D

It's got random anonymous online multiplayer.

I guess I'll be heading over to my CC to preorder on Friday or Saturday.

They charge you 40 for the game and 10 for the card to stop people from buying 10 games, getting $100 in free gift cards, and then returning the games.

[quote name='Jack Ryan']...Hu?

You'll be charged $50 in total, $40 for SSBB, and $10 for the gift card.[/quote]

That's what I thought but my invoice just shows 42.69 (tax included) and no gift card is there. I wouldn't mind not getting the gift card and just paying the 39.99 since I don't like shopping at Circuit City anyway.

Well that's what I'm gunna do come this Sunday[/quote]

That was my plan too! :cool:

The TRU deal might be better for some people. Buy brawl and get select game 50% off and free game guide?

just ordered from circuit city for delivery.

will be on spring break anyway... might as well wait. thought it says delivered from 3/11 - 3/19... ugh. it better not be towards the end of that spectrum.

Went to B&M CC yesterday and put down my $5 to reserve my copy. I tried to put down $20 b/c I just had a bill in my wallet and wanted to pay more than the $5 but not the full amount. As I'm walking away I looked at the receipt and noticed that it said I only did the $5 deposit and that I should've gotten $15 in change, went back in within 2 mins or so and they gave me the change I was supposed to have gotten, but had I not looked at the receipt I would've been out $15. And, that was after I asked 3 different people who i had to see to pre-order the damn thing to only have one of those people have to help the person I was sent to see because she didn't know how to pre-order it. Quite frankly I have a bunch of tools at my local CC, but at least I finally got mine in...can't wait.

I preordered mine yesterday at CC. No problems, and I think this is the best deal with the Target and CC ads showing no better deal. It was a hard decision taking a 10 dollar gift card over a midnight launch, but that 10 dollar GC will help me get GTA or something else down the road. Better in the long run than a sleepless night of brawling.

I have a question regarding the CC $10 gift card. When exactly do you get the gift card, like do you get it when you reserve it or when you pick up Smash? I have a $15 off a $100 purchase, and basically I am wondering if I can use that save $15 along with the $10 gift card all on the same purchase as Smash. I hope all of that made sense.

Ended up doing the CC pre-order deal online. With free shipping I'll probably get it a week late, but after waiting two years, another week isn't such a big deal (plus I can play it at friends house until then). I called and they verified the gift card will be usable either online or in-store.

Okay so I didn't even know CC did pre-orders until now. How do you do one at CC? Do I need to pick up something off a shelf? Or just go to the clerk and say "I want to pre-order SSBB"?

Also, do I have to mention the $10 gc, or is that automatic?

bread's done
Back