Death Note DVD Sets 1 & 2: less than $10 per set @ DeepDiscount & DVDPlanet

WTK

CAGiversary!
Courtesy of some sort of unadvertised Viz Media sale (also @ DeepDiscount.com but a bit higher price) and the upcoming MSRP reduction (from $69.97 to $24.98).

Will ship in 5-10 business days (which means they are currently not in-stock)

And we have our answer. The discounted price for both DP and DD were because of the Labor Day sale. I guess the price went effective way early.

- http://www.dvdplanet.com/promos.cfm?roomID=172
- http://www.deepdiscount.com/labor-day-sale | coupon code: LABOR12

The Labor Day sale expires on September 4th.

EDIT: Death Note DVD Boxsets update | they are discounted once more

EDIT 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wanted the limited edition figures in the series, but those are $27 apiece. :( Thanks for the post , might as well pick up the whole series for half that price.

[quote name='WTK']Courtesy of some sort of unadvertised Viz Media sale (also @ DeepDiscount.com but a bit higher price) and the upcoming MSRP reduction (from $69.97 to $24.98).

Will ship in 5-10 business days (which means they are currently not in-stock)

[/QUOTE]
And we have our answer. The discounted price for both DP and DD were because of the Labor Day sale. I guess the price went effective way early.

- http://www.dvdplanet.com/promos.cfm?roomID=172
- http://www.deepdiscount.com/labor-day-sale | coupon code: LABOR12

EDIT: expires September 4th

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masterkyo']mine ordered is shipped :)[/QUOTE]

Well that's good news, if mine don't ship soon I'm going to cancel and just order from Deep Discount

So I checked my order again and it's listed as "In Process". Anyone else have that status? I assume that it also has it listed for backorders, but seeing as at least one person in here apparently got their items shipped already...

[quote name='Frahps']So I checked my order again and it's listed as "In Process". Anyone else have that status? I assume that it also has it listed for backorders, but seeing as at least one person in here apparently got their items shipped already...[/QUOTE]

mines been in process.

Any one have any updates on their order? I'm thinking it's time to start bugging and emailing them again. It barely took a week for Rightstuf to get my Inuyasha backorders sent out, so with another Viz title that is still in print, there shouldn't be a reason for taking this long.

[quote name='Frahps']Any one have any updates on their order? I'm thinking it's time to start bugging and emailing them again. It barely took a week for Rightstuf to get my Inuyasha backorders sent out, so with another Viz title that is still in print, there shouldn't be a reason for taking this long.[/QUOTE]

There is a reason, this is DeepDiscount. I've had orders held for 3 months before it got shipped, and conversely had orders held for that long and then canceled in the end. It's really nothing new if you've shopped at DeepDiscount before as many have noted already in this thread.

[quote name='Squarehard']There is a reason, this is DeepDiscount. I've had orders held for 3 months before it got shipped, and conversely had orders held for that long and then canceled in the end. It's really nothing new if you've shopped at DeepDiscount before as many have noted already in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm aware of that, but I was more confused by someone earlier in the thread saying that their items for it did ship. Assuming they weren't lying, that is.

[quote name='Frahps']Yeah I'm aware of that, but I was more confused by someone earlier in the thread saying that their items for it did ship. Assuming they weren't lying, that is.[/QUOTE]

They may have been one of the first ones to order which is totally possible since usually DD has just terrible stock on some of these items, and takes them forever, or if may never, to get them back in stock. Unless you order things that actually say in stock at the time (and sometimes not even that), there is a high chance you'd be waiting for weeks, months, and may never even see the item. So the people who said it shipped could have just ordered early, or as you pointed out lying bastards. :3

[quote name='Rogueleader17']starting to get annoyed, anyone have any updates on thier deathnote orders?[/QUOTE]

Considering it says not released till the 18th not worrying about it

[quote name='Drahken']Considering it says not released till the 18th not worrying about it[/QUOTE]The problem is, both sets have been out since 2008.

It hasn't even been a month yet.

Give them their standard up to 3 months before you get angry since that's usually the max they'll make you wait before cancelling your order and saying they won't be getting anymore.

Patience, of course! You guys act like you've never shopped at DD before. :3

Awhile ago I saw somewhere that Viz was going to be re releasing Death Note as a cheaper box set, not the same digipaks they use now. Maybe that's why it says

its not released yet. Now don't quote me on that since I can't remember where I saw it/don't know the legitimacy of that statement, I thought it was something

interesting to consider though, and maybe make me feel a little bit better about paying $35 each a week before the sale. ;)

That's a nice theory if the UPC provided wasn't for the original box sets, but unfortunately they are the UPC for the original box sets.

Ahh I see, well at least I can be glad I payed $56 more than all of you to get it a little earlier AND a $4 rightstuf coupon. Which applied to absolutely nothing I wanted to get! I'll be heading back to my closet now. :(

[quote name='Squarehard']

Patience, of course! You guys act like you've never shopped at DD before. :3[/QUOTE]

I did learn that contacting is best, since my only other purchase I made through them, they just HAPPEN to ship it out the day after I contacted them...

Got an email from DeepDiscount saying that my boxsets shipped yesterday! :) I can't believe it was less than 16 bucks for both, I couldn't even find used sets for less than 25 each. I suspect they'll be in those budget Anime Legends boxets or something, but thats ok, who knows.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Got an email from DeepDiscount saying that my boxsets shipped yesterday! :) I can't believe it was less than 16 bucks for both, I couldn't even find used sets for less than 25 each. I suspect they'll be in those budget Anime Legends boxets or something, but thats ok, who knows.[/QUOTE]

Anime Legends = Bandai, Death Note is licensed by Viz.

And I believe the only version should be the box set with foldout slipcase, so you should be fine as far as getting the original box set.

I ordered both sets this morning from them though slightly more expensive (each under $9 apiece) and DeepDiscount already sent me a email ship conformation later this afternoon! That's the fastest turnaround I've ever seen from them!

So, I wrote out this email just now:

"Subject:
When will my order ship - item is in stock, waiting 4 weeks

Body:
Hi, I'd like to ask about Order #XXXXX. I ordered this item 4 weeks ago, and am hearing that others are getting their copies shipped, including those that have ordered JUST this week. Since it sounds like you have copies in stock, I was wondering when I will receive notice of my copies getting shipped? I am hoping to get them in very soon, especially if those who ordered after me are getting priority on it, since it should be first-come first-serve. Thanks."

Maybe that'll make them push it along... I really don't understand how they ship out? How is it that orders made NOW can get it? Does their database just suck or something when it comes to who'd ordered first? Do they sit there and see a new order pop up and think "oh, I should get that ready!" yet ignore the fact that there might be a backorder list??
...I will NEVER understand that company...

[quote name='Squarehard']And I believe the only version should be the box set with foldout slipcase, so you should be fine as far as getting the original box set.[/QUOTE]

Unless the "release date" of 9/18/2012 and the lower MSRP means that Viz is putting out a new version? Possibly in a less expensive to produce standard plastic case rather than a slipcase? I mean just a guess, I have no idea, but it's always possible the release date actually means some change.

Of course, for that price, I'm just happy to get the anime. If I really cared so much that the case mattered to me, I'd have already bought it long ago...

[quote name='arcane93']Unless the "release date" of 9/18/2012 means the Viz is putting out a new version? Possibly in a less expensive to produce standard plastic case rather than a slipcase? I mean just a guess, I have no idea, but it's always possible the release date actually means some change.

Of course, for that price, I'm just happy to get the anime. If I really cared so much that the case mattered to me, I'd have already bought it long ago...[/QUOTE]

But as I stated above, the UPC provided is for the original box set, so the information doesn't even match if that was the case.

[quote name='Squarehard']But as I stated above, the UPC provided is for the original box set, so the information doesn't even match if that was the case.[/QUOTE]

As long as they've completely discontinued the slipcase version, they can re-use the UPC on a new version.

I place my order on Deep Discount earlier this afternoon and already got a shipping notice. Fastest turnaround time I've ever seen for Deep Discount! DD has free shipping for orders over $15 and I had a 10% off coupon, so I got both sets for $15.94 shipped.

Ugh, I hate this!! I almost want to cancel and re-order, but I don't want a bunch of issues and double-charging and stuff... Everyone's getting it now and not those who wait :( I knew Deep was bad (which I knew this was Deep before too...) but I didn't realize that they don't care about queue lines on orders :/

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']wish you could cancel an order online. hate calling customer service. I'll give this a bit longer I guess.[/QUOTE]

I say we should all hold off till the 18th like advertised but if that date passes we all bombard their CS with requests for more info.

I didn't notice this thread til yesterday, but I placed my order yesterday afternoon (9/15) and just got a shipping confirmation about an hour & a half ago.

I've dealt with this website on & off since 2002 and I've never had any real issues with them. They have slooooooooooowed since being aquired by DeepDiscount tho.

Qty Item # Description Price Tracking
1 VIZ023921 DEATH NOTE - BOX SET 1 92490932508XXXXXXXXX
1 VIZ096627 DEATH NOTE - BOX SET 2 92490932508XXXXXXXXX

[quote name='NLW1999']I didn't notice this thread til yesterday, but I placed my order yesterday afternoon (9/15) and just got a shipping confirmation about an hour & a half ago.

I've dealt with this website on & off since 2002 and I've never had any real issues with them. They have slooooooooooowed since being aquired by DeepDiscount tho.

Qty Item # Description Price Tracking
1 VIZ023921 DEATH NOTE - BOX SET 1 92490932508XXXXXXXXX
1 VIZ096627 DEATH NOTE - BOX SET 2 92490932508XXXXXXXXX[/QUOTE]

Wow, still nothing on my order a couple of weeks ago. Im getting alittle po'd right now.

Just sent angry email out the situation

I'm pretty annoyed too. Like many, I made my order when this deal was first made apparent and I've no tracking info yet either.

[quote name='Squarehard']Anime Legends = Bandai, Death Note is licensed by Viz.

And I believe the only version should be the box set with foldout slipcase, so you should be fine as far as getting the original box set.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Just considered it cause of the price and release date.

And once again, an email "reminded" them to ship it. After writing that email yesterday, I just got a shipping notice now.

If you did NOT have yours shipped yet and are waiting, email them and it should get sent out. Heh, this is the EXACT same thing that happened last time... In the end, writing an email helps you win...

bread's done
Back