Death Note DVD Sets 1 & 2: less than $10 per set @ DeepDiscount & DVDPlanet

WTK

CAGiversary!
Courtesy of some sort of unadvertised Viz Media sale (also @ DeepDiscount.com but a bit higher price) and the upcoming MSRP reduction (from $69.97 to $24.98).

Will ship in 5-10 business days (which means they are currently not in-stock)

And we have our answer. The discounted price for both DP and DD were because of the Labor Day sale. I guess the price went effective way early.

- http://www.dvdplanet.com/promos.cfm?roomID=172
- http://www.deepdiscount.com/labor-day-sale | coupon code: LABOR12

The Labor Day sale expires on September 4th.

EDIT: Death Note DVD Boxsets update | they are discounted once more

EDIT 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually wonder if it was our angry emails that got them to finally go back and check the backorder list. Either way, glad we are all getting a steal of a deal!

Man wished I had jumped on this earlier. Price went up to around 9.30 for each set which is not much. Since many of you have gotten shipment notices, you all think they will be quicker to ship now? I am anticipating to relocate within the next few weeks and I don't want to order if it takes them a long time to ship.

Received mine today too. Seems to be the same packaging (similar to Inu Yasha sets) that I'd seen before when you could find these at brick & mortar stores years ago.

Got mine in 2 days ago :) Delivered faster than I thought! Glad I can finally own the whole show, and for dirt cheap too!

[quote name='zulux21']for the people who got their dvds were you using DVDplanet or deepdiscount?[/QUOTE]

Got mine from DeepDiscount.

[quote name='fallenjedi']Got mine from DeepDiscount.[/QUOTE]
ah thanks for the response (and for everyone else as well) I ended up ordering from deep as I had dealt with them before, they were slightly cheaper, and they let me use paypal. Hopefully I will get mine in a month or so and I didn't miss out ^^;

Is it normal for it to take over five days for it to ship? Still haven't received my two sets (email says it shipped on monday), I don't think IL to VA is that far.

Got my set Saturday from DD. They are in fact the same black box sets that have been available:D

I noticed the box sets were labeled MADE IN MEXICO on the plastic wrap. Unless they were always manufactured in Mexico, maybe that's why the release date was recent, and perhaps explain the low price.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Got my set Saturday from DD. They are in fact the same black box sets that have been available:D

I noticed the box sets were labeled MADE IN MEXICO on the plastic wrap. Unless they were always manufactured in Mexico, maybe that's why the release date was recent, and perhaps explain the low price.[/QUOTE]

No that fact is nothing new.

Whoo hoo! Got mine from DVDPlanet today, fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally!

Thanks again to the OP for one of the best deals I've ever gotten, cheers!

bread's done
Back