Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember sitting at a BestBuy waiting for it to open at 9a.m. and waiting and then walking in and them having been open an hour already. Good times.
I think better off waiting for the SR2 deal, hopefully free, so they don't remember you as the guy trying to get 6 fairytale fights for free the day before, lol.

[quote name='chuckywang']Let me just put this out there right now:

Risking your life for a free Fairytale Fights is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

It will be for the SD/CAG/FW hoarders who will be trying to walk out with 6 copies from one coupon tomorrow, followed by multiples of Saint's Row 2 on Monday.

[quote name='Velo214']I remember sitting at a BestBuy waiting for it to open at 9a.m. and waiting and then walking in and them having been open an hour already. Good times.[/QUOTE]

I did that once at toys r us when they started that ps1 for n64 trade-in, i felt so epic the whole day.

[quote name='Velo214']I remember sitting at a BestBuy waiting for it to open at 9a.m. and waiting and then walking in and them having been open an hour already. Good times.
I think better off waiting for the SR2 deal, hopefully free, so they don't remember you as the guy trying to get 6 fairytale fights for free the day before, lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It will be for the SD/CAG/FW hoarders who will be trying to walk out with 6 copies from one coupon tomorrow, followed by multiples of Saint's Row 2 on Monday.[/QUOTE]

isn't saints row 2 $25 now? so no longer free? i can confirm this price in person as i stopped in my local store yesterday

man this thread has blown up its been hard to keep up w the latest info haha

fairytale fights possibly free but not suppose to be w the small print? and sr2 no longer free but 5 bucks? that seems to be the latest status on cheap ass bestbuy deals

[quote name='The SPism']isn't saints row 2 $25 now? so no longer free? i can confirm this price in person as i stopped in my local store yesterday

man this thread has blown up its been hard to keep up w the latest info haha

fairytale fights possibly free but not suppose to be w the small print? and sr2 no longer free but 5 bucks? that seems to be the latest status on cheap ass bestbuy deals[/QUOTE]

But $5 for Saint's Row 2 is STILL a deal, since it has alot of fun stuff to do after the main storyline is done.

Fairytale Fights, on the other hand, I know very little about but I'd try it for free. If it came down to it, I'd probably trade it to FYE or GS if I didn't like it.

Yeah SR2 for PS3 only, and SR2 does rock. I like it much more than GTAIV.
I'm hoping the ps3 only and fact it's $5 keeps the sd hoarders away...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon -- Explorers of Time & Darkness DS
Red Fraction Guerilla PS3

how much will these be priced at?

I think RFG is $40 - down to $20 after coupon. It's a great game n I put it in this last weekend for 5x xp weekend, lol.
I'm the only person with the multiplayer dlc tho...

[quote name='Velo214']I think RFG is $40 - down to $20 after coupon. It's a great game n I put it in this last weekend for 5x xp weekend, lol.
I'm the only person with the multiplayer dlc tho...[/QUOTE]

What's that?

and will RFG get any cheaper in the future? Soon?

[quote name='Casteor']Pokemon Mystery Dungeon -- Explorers of Time & Darkness DS
Red Fraction Guerilla PS3

how much will these be priced at?[/QUOTE]

10 & 20. I plan on getting both.

I looked through about 15 pages and i cant find anyone talking about the red faction coupon. I cant find it on the reward zone site, so did this happen already or is it coming or was it a mistake?

[quote name='-Syzygy-']I looked through about 15 pages and i cant find anyone talking about the red faction coupon. I cant find it on the reward zone site, so did this happen already or is it coming or was it a mistake?[/QUOTE]

The Red Faction coupon should be available tomorrow.

[quote name='Velo214']I think RFG is $40 - down to $20 after coupon. It's a great game n I put it in this last weekend for 5x xp weekend, lol.
I'm the only person with the multiplayer dlc tho...[/QUOTE]

The single player DLC seems a bit glitchy and it seems almost likei t's going to freeze up at times on me in RF:G.

But it is a fun game. There's nothing like doing the 'destroy the EDF buildings' missions in ways the devs maybe never thought of(like running trucks right through them).:D

[quote name='Casteor']Is RF:G's online multiplayer (riight?) solid?[/QUOTE]

If you have a very low speed(768kb) DSL connection like me, you're bound to get bumped from games every other second. But if you have a much better connection, you should have no issues.

Then again, trying out the mp on RF:G a couple times during the CAG RF:G night(s) and sitting in the damn lobby for 20 f'n minutes waiting for a game to start(cuz people are bsing), I think I'll stick to GTA IV's mp for my fragging fix.

At least in that game I can run someone over or shoot them and it doesn't take forever most times to start a damn game.

I enjoy the multiplayer a bunch if you wanna break buildings. They had a get hammered weekend with 5x xp for 5 days. It takes me 5 minutes to find enough people to get a match going though, I think it's all at mw2 online. I think the backpacks are fun tho too, giving you different powers n such. SR2 is by volition and it's 19.99 and it came out 9 months before rfg, plus the pricedrop is just this weekend so I think 20 is a deal.

[quote name='Velo214']I enjoy the multiplayer a bunch if you wanna break buildings. They had a get hammered weekend with 5x xp for 5 days. It takes me 5 minutes to find enough people to get a match going though, I think it's all at mw2 online. I think the backpacks are fun tho too, giving you different powers n such. SR2 is by volition and it's 19.99 and it came out 9 months before rfg, plus the pricedrop is just this weekend so I think 20 is a deal.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe that the MSRP for RF:G is $39.99, just like inFamous nowadays. It just amazes me how games are dropping so fast in price anymore. Within 6 months of release games are 50-60% off of launch price. Of course, thanks to CAG I don't even have to settle for those prices since I can just wait and grab the games on clearance.

[quote name='Casteor']What's that?

and will RFG get any cheaper in the future? Soon?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you'll get lucky and have a best buy that doesn't update their price tags. If it's price is cheaper on the shelf they will honor it. That's what I'm hoping for on Monday.

MSRP for RF:G is $39.99 but there is the $20off rz coupon....so $20. good deal. yeah, i can't believe how fast prices fall too but it's all good. Games seem to be losing their value so much faster these days but I think it is a smart strategy for new game sales because they are much more competitive with used game sales that way... i.e. listen to cheapyd in this weeks cag with the eedar guy. I have chrono trigger snes and mvc2 ps2 and they had an article on kotaku this week about how games like that have also sanked since their re-releases on d.s. $10available n psnxbla$15. peace

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']anyone know if there would be taxes after using the coupon for Fairytale Fights...........if I'm successful that is.[/QUOTE]
Nope.

Could you trade 4 for $40 credit at gamestop? or do they frown on trading multiple copies of the same thing in... even if you open them all... that's if i even try just wonderin...

[quote name='Velo214']Could you trade 4 for $40 credit at gamestop? or do they frown on trading multiple copies of the same thing in... even if you open them all... that's if i even try just wonderin...[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='Velo214']Could you trade 4 for $40 credit at gamestop? or do they frown on trading multiple copies of the same thing in... even if you open them all... that's if i even try just wonderin...[/QUOTE]

Best to just trade in one ps3 copy and one 360 copy.

[quote name='anch']good luck east coasters please report back after purchase.[/QUOTE]

2 and a half hours to go..........

If I'm successful, I'm going to be waiting around in town til Gamestop opens..but I may post if I'm successful on my Droid. :)

Good luck to you as well.

We have reached the day of judgement. :p

I promised I would post where I'm getting $26(now $18) so here is: secondspin.com lists the tiv is $18, which means FYE is most likely the same.

Good luck and Godspeed!

[quote name='dabamus']We have reached the day of judgement. :p[/QUOTE]

For a second there, I thought you meant we had reached the day of judgment. Phew! 'Cause it would be a shame if I had to stand before Him without my $5 SR2.

[quote name='gantt']For a second there, I thought you meant we had reached the day of judgment. Phew! 'Cause it would be a shame if I had to stand before Him without my $5 SR2.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

The day of judgement where we determine if each one of us can get free games.

Hopefully you will last til tomorrow to get your $5 SR2. :p

$18 cash at FYE?

nvm I can pretty much confirm this. wherehouse.com lists it for $18 too. Should be sweet. :)

Wonder if theres a limit on how many copies they will take

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm going to try and walk out with 6 copies no fillers first thing. Hoping for a small crowd.[/QUOTE]

just remember, everybody picking up multiple copies your first attempt..you're talking about $120 going down to $0...if the cashier even bothers to look at the coupon, you could get screwed. Yeah, I didn't do the X-Blades thing with filler, but don't forget that since we're going in the morning, one of the big things they do as a store on Sunday is cover aspects of the ads...

so, A) If BB upper=levels know about this 'deal', it could be mentioned to not honor the coupon b/c the game is on sale and in the ad, B) if these clerks went over the ad, they may have a fairly good idea that it's in there.

What i've done in the past, is get one or two copies, if it works in the POS, ask nicely, "Hey, that was so cool, do you mind if I put this in my car, come right back in and get some again? I have one coupon left..."

I'm planning on getting 2 of each in my first strike, and then going to a different BB to get the last copies.

Alpha strike commences in 24 minutes. :p

So all the excitement here over free Fairytale Fights is about flipping it?

Because the reviews are abysmal.

Gamestop: "There's no way to break the curse on this staggeringly bad action game."

Harsh.

Um....not to be a killjoy or anything, but it seems someone brought this little error to Best Buy's attention on their forums.

So far there seems to be no responses to the thread on there, but there's been 13 views of it thus far, hopefully none of them were by one of the mods/admins on there or Galactic Command may have been alerted already and all of our plans will have been for naught.

Unfortunately, I don't have a printer at home, so I may call BB in a bit to see if they allow customers to use that printer they have by the customer kiosk in-store.

That would be even funnier, to print up from in-store and then go use the coupon less than 5 minutes after printing it.

EDIT: Shit. Beaten to the punch by about 7 minutes.

Well I will go when it opens, and report. I am already up, can't sleep. I already submitted my trade in's on Amazon because it will drop like crazy. Good luck everyone.

[quote name='mousebites']Well I will go when it opens, and report. I am already up, can't sleep. I already submitted my trade in's on Amazon because it will drop like crazy. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE]

I should really plan to hit up a couple FYE stores if I'm successful in getting a couple copies, since I'd love to get $18 each for something I got for free.:D

bread's done
Back