Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

[quote name='wildcpac']I am going to wait to see if this game gets a Black Friday deal. Are others in the same boat?[/QUOTE]

Lotsa luck on that. Much like Nintendo first party titles, Atlus released titles rarely go on sale/clearance. Plus, I haven't seen ANYWHERE that's advertising they're going to be carrying it besides Gamestop as far as B&M places go.

But maybe I'll get lucky and be able to grab the lone copy that Toys R Us may get of the Deluxe Edition before anyone else realizes they have it.

[quote name='enufs8d']how come there's no mention of early mega mans, contra or battletoads? and hows that platnium on sfiv going? ( i gave up on that one a long time ago).[/QUOTE]

I actually did beat Battletoads. That game however has left a mental scar I rather not bring back. I beat the original contra without the code. And for Megaman, I only beat 2 3 and 4. So I don't consider it 100% complete.

And I don't need a plat on SF4. I only need the trophies for beating people. The 1 player ones mean shit to me.

I'm thinking Temple Knight to start as a novice since they sound like a paladin class. Do they suck ass or are they pretty OP with their healing spells? I'm not worried about having a ranged attack, since LOS/dodging shouldn't be hard.

Trust me when I say this Jodou. If you want to get all of the various equipment towards the end of the first real level that's lying out amid the charred remains of many fallen soldiers(including what I believe is a really good sword), you'll want a ranged attack to take out the reason behind the charred remains.

I tried ducking and dodging and I ended up going all the way back to the beginning of the level because I zigged when I should've zagged.

There's also another spot where there's a 'slightly too powerful for a newbie' enemy(not saying where) who you can take out with a good series of ranged attacks if you're fast enough. Otherwise, he's a one hit and you're dead kind of enemy.

Believe me when I say go with using a Royal for the ranged attack, you'll thank me.

I hope not. But just judging from that first level and the videos I've seen of future bosses, you're gonna need ranged attacks. Some of these bosses seriously are as big as a friggin' 4-5 story building, if not bigger.

The thing is all these classes have their weaknesses. So to say everyone should start as a Royal is crazy.. maybe down the line they suffer as they were front end loaded...?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Trust me when I say this Jodou. If you want to get all of the various equipment towards the end of the first real level that's lying out amid the charred remains of many fallen soldiers(including what I believe is a really good sword), you'll want a ranged attack to take out the reason behind the charred remains.

I tried ducking and dodging and I ended up going all the way back to the beginning of the level because I zigged when I should've zagged.

There's also another spot where there's a 'slightly too powerful for a newbie' enemy(not saying where) who you can take out with a good series of ranged attacks if you're fast enough. Otherwise, he's a one hit and you're dead kind of enemy.

Believe me when I say go with using a Royal for the ranged attack, you'll thank me.[/QUOTE]
Isn't there some sort of firebomb you can throw at enemies? I was reading up about some turpentine that you can coat your sword with among other things, but I thought you could also throw it to set things on fire. I wasn't paying too close attention though, as I was mostly just checking out the different classes.

[quote name='Jodou']Isn't there some sort of firebomb you can throw at enemies? I was reading up about some turpentine that you can coat your sword with among other things, but I thought you could also throw it to set things on fire. I wasn't paying too close attention though, as I was mostly just checking out the different classes.[/QUOTE]

There are firebombs, but they're a pita to use. Or at least they were for me.

It seems that the US version might be getting out there a bit before release since Atlus feels like they need to send out a PSA that the servers won't be up until the 6th.

Well, it's says "Release Date 10/6" on Atlus' web site. I hope the people who buy the game visit Atlus' site once in a while. >_

I only visited Atlus' site to see if they may consider releasing the guide that comes with the Deluxe Edition of DS as a standalone at some point. Thus far I've seen no response from them regarding my message, so I'm getting the feeling that that means NO.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I only visited Atlus' site to see if they may consider releasing the guide that comes with the Deluxe Edition of DS as a standalone at some point. Thus far I've seen no response from them regarding my message, so I'm getting the feeling that that means NO.[/QUOTE]
Not like you can't find scans somewhere.

[quote name='Jodou']Isn't there some sort of firebomb you can throw at enemies? I was reading up about some turpentine that you can coat your sword with among other things, but I thought you could also throw it to set things on fire. I wasn't paying too close attention though, as I was mostly just checking out the different classes.[/QUOTE]

Turpentine, is the key to first boss, wont spoil it for ya but it def helps the situation you will be in

[quote name='Jodou']Not like you can't find scans somewhere.[/QUOTE]

True. But even though my PC is right next to my PS3 now, I'd rather have the physical guide to flip through instead of relying on a scan or online guide.

I finally ordered my copy through amazon today (I don't have prime for release date delivery anyway), and I am convinced it will never show up in my gold box.

I am sticking with my philosophy of Temple Knight if I die too much and I feel the royal is the way to go after the first day then that is what I will do.

I don't want to spoil any of the game for myself but I'm probably going to go with some cleric/priest type character. Here's hoping they wear plate ala D&D instead of robes ala Warcraft.

I thinking of going as a Knight or maybe a Thief. Does anybody know like on average how long each level or zone takes to clear, on a single run, obviously I'll die and it'll take more time but how long is each level? Also can I start co-op immeadiately or would that not be available till after a few levels?

Zomg, I'm invisible. The world is going on without me.

Does anyone have any confirmation on what Ship said in the last Cagcast about increased difficulty in the NA version?

Is it true?

[quote name='Malkovich']Zomg, I'm invisible. The world is going on without me.

Does anyone have any confirmation on what Ship said in the last Cagcast about increased difficulty in the NA version?

Is it true?[/QUOTE]

Go back a page, it was already talked about. We don't know if it's true or not.

There's five stages. Not having actually played the game yet, I assume they are all long and wrought with danger. I can't imagine the game going very fast what with all the dying and players invading your game and such.

Hopefully the Royal will still have the MP regen or I'm really going to be in a world of hurt. :p

Is there a list of CAGs that will be playing this?

I have mine on preorder, but I don't really know other people who will be playing this.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I always play mages in games like this, so I guess that's what I'm going to be doing.[/QUOTE]

I would be curious to know how you guys fare, as I heard that thieves and mages are apparently harder to start with.

No but if someone wants to play with each other just have to tell where to look to join. I believe you drop an item and other people can see it so you meet at that area and have the player drop it.

[quote name='gunm']There's five stages. Not having actually played the game yet, I assume they are all long and wrought with danger. I can't imagine the game going very fast what with all the dying and players invading your game and such.

Hopefully the Royal will still have the MP regen or I'm really going to be in a world of hurt. :p[/QUOTE]

Yes their is 5 stages BUT each consist of Sub Lvls (Ex 1-1,1-2,1-3 2-1, 2-2)

[quote name='Thomas96']has anybody on the face of the earth finished the game yet? Can it be finished?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that it's an endless loop of new game +s in which you keep your character and all of the enemies get stronger, so yes in terms of reaching the end of the game, but technically it can loop forever (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

And is everyone planning to be a royal (I think I have been convinced), do any other classes start with particularly interesting weapons/items?

[quote name='Thomas96']has anybody on the face of the earth finished the game yet? Can it be finished?[/QUOTE]

Honestly this game beat the determination out of me, enough to give up, with my head held in shame, BUT when I beat the levels that I did (up to world two) I did a few air fist pumps while jumping out my chair :D

Does anyone know if there is an ending of sorts? I will be reallu bummed if its just and end and starts over.. I am not down with games of this difficulty and getting to the last level and then having it just start over with no resolution.

I think I'm going to give this game another whirl tonight. I'll let you all know how brutal it is after I probably quit after 2 hours of repeating the same battles over and over. :razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think I'm going to give this game another whirl tonight. I'll let you all know how brutal it is after I probably quit after 2 hours of repeating the same battles over and over. :razz:[/QUOTE]

At least the same battle doesn't repeat after you beat them (I assume at least)... I just beat the same boss for the fifth time in Prince of Persia.

And I do believe there is an ending before the new game +, my minimal knowledge of the story at least would imply that (I'm trying to avoid encountering too many spoilers, not that I'll be playing this for the story).

[quote name='happy']My understanding is that it's an endless loop of new game +s in which you keep your character and all of the enemies get stronger, so yes in terms of reaching the end of the game, but technically it can loop forever (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

And is everyone planning to be a royal (I think I have been convinced), do any other classes start with particularly interesting weapons/items?[/QUOTE]

So far I've learned that having those ranged attacks (from Royal class) is good, although you might pay for it later in the game.

[quote name='Poor2More']Honestly this game beat the determination out of me, enough to give up, with my head held in shame, BUT when I beat the levels that I did (up to world two) I did a few air fist pumps while jumping out my chair :D[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden Sigma did that to me... but I refused to abandon the way of the ninja. I just abandoned the game instead.

I'm getting it for sure. One thing I'm excited about is trying to play a HELPFUL black soul. It's my understanding that you don't actually have to hurt the other player. Something about confusing someone that way... amuses me.

[quote name='Gourd']I'm getting it for sure. One thing I'm excited about is trying to play a HELPFUL black soul. It's my understanding that you don't actually have to hurt the other player. Something about confusing someone that way... amuses me.[/QUOTE]
I plan to PK the shit out of everyone lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I plan to PK the shit out of everyone lol.[/QUOTE]

MGO_Count will be owning. :D

Yup. I beat the original Asian version awhile back (see my completed games link). Definitely a great play-through.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Yup. I beat the original Asian version awhile back (see my completed games link). Definitely a great play-through.[/QUOTE]

How long was it anyways?
And how long do you think will New Game + last?

[quote name='Count']How long was it anyways?
And how long do you think will New Game + last?[/QUOTE]

Clocked in 106 hrs to Platinum, Soul Level of 176 and New Game +3. (so played through the game 4 times) If I remember correctly my first run was about 60 hrs.

Do you think this game would last as long as Oblivion?
On Oblivion, me and my brother reached around 200+ hours.

With different files.

bread's done
Back