Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Yeah I got 10 auto rifle. Trying to figure out what these low level items are for I have some others as well.
Trials gear and the Raid gear all drop at lower light you have to infuse stuff to boost it up the level you see at Hawthorne is what it can go up to which is around your current light level. The reason it drops low is because you didnt earn the item yourself someone on your clan did. People who win at trials get around 3-4 drops at light level. Just like your guaranteed a high drop for beating raid and getting end chest loot.

Trials gear and the Raid gear all drop at lower light you have to infuse stuff to boost it up the level you see at Hawthorne is what it can go up to which is around your current light level. The reason it drops low is because you didnt earn the item yourself someone on your clan did. People who win at trials get around 3-4 drops at light level. Just like your guaranteed a high drop for beating raid and getting end chest loot.
Thanks for clarifying.

No problem dont know if its a glitch or anything its just how its been the last 2 weeks or so and Bungie isnt addressing it so I think its what they intended to happen.

I still need to run one Nightfall if anyone is on tonight.

It is kind of ridiculous that the clan has not cleared the Raid.
I'm pretty much always down to run a Nightfall if I'm online and it's not already past 10PM CST.

As for the Raid I'm willing to run the Raid and would really like to beyond the one time I've had a chance to do it for like one hour before people had to leave. I have current MMO raid experience but I didn't really play Destiny 1.

We should try to schedule something maybe two nights a week as a clan to get people into the raid and experience with the fights and mechanics. We don't have to run for 6-8 hrs either especially if we run a couple of nights a week but the challenge will be getting 6 people to commit to running at a set time.

The Alpha Betas did it to impress the Pi Delta Pis.
Now I want Pi.

282*

Funny how it wasn't because I got a better gear drop but just slapping a legendary mod to a piece of equipment to put me over to 280...then being able to buy legendary mods jumped me 2 pts higher. Woo hoo!

Got me some Lucky Pants. Haven't tested it out yet but I'm not sure just how much of an advantage the exotic perk actually helps...tonight. We shall see. ( - __ - )

The End + V_Wing (w/Foetracer helmet) was my go to combo, worked great most matches. Something that worked really well was got using Cold heat on someone, likely rattling them w/the beam and me behind popping scout rifles shots into her face for some sweet frags. I have Uriel's gift and I can see why ppl like it so much, but unless there's a map that doesn't favor scout rifles...I'll be using Teh End as my energy slot.

Dead Orbit.

I've been finding grabbing a salvage (those Triangle ones) patrol right before a nearby public event is a great way to finish it almost instantly since mobs drop whatever you're usually collecting so long as you're in the vicinity of the kill. It's been great on Titan during the Fallen armory one.

I'll be on 10pm EST as usual and will be up for anything fireteam oriented. Otherwise I'll be grinding out challenges & milestones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much always down to run a Nightfall if I'm online and it's not already past 10PM CST.

As for the Raid I'm willing to run the Raid and would really like to beyond the one time I've had a chance to do it for like one hour before people had to leave. I have current MMO raid experience but I didn't really play Destiny 1.
We should try to schedule something maybe two nights a week as a clan to get people into the raid and experience with the fights and mechanics. We don't have to run for 6-8 hrs either especially if we run a couple of nights a week but the challenge will be getting 6 people to commit to running at a set time.
I'd be down for set raid times.

SwirlyYeti and I are usually on 3-4 times a week. We play usually around 6-7pm EST and play any where from 1-4 hours. We need a nightfall companion and both will be eventually down for the raid as I believe he maybe around 260-270. I am currently 281.

He has raid experience from D1 and I do not. Both are running titans right now.

As I dont think I ever wrote my gamertag I am Beeflomein and he is SwirlyYeti. We are usually in a party together

Made a huge jump today from 292 to 298. I did screw up and infuse a exotic helmet into my primary exotic helmet for no gain at all had a brain fart with my math. Dont like that my best primary is a exotic V. Wing and my best power is a sniper. I ended up pledging FWC because I liked that pulse rifle the best out of the three weapon choices.

Goku and I cleared the Nightfall with a friend of mine right after reset.  So your welcome for your powerful engram clan people.  The Nightfall isn't too bad this time: no way to increase time so just rush through whenever you can and concentrate on the boss as much as possible at the end.  Your non-super abilities regenerate almost immediately so pick a good AoE grenade and use it constantly along with your melee and rift/barricade abilities.   And whatever it is that Hunters get (I honestly have no idea what their 'B' special is).

I did manage to fit in a Nightfall in the last couple of hours before reset on my Titan as well.  That bumped him from 295 to 298 because I got just the right things to drop.  Then the second one bumped him to 300.  My Warlock is at 301 from the Nightfall and the clan engrams.

Ready to raid now again...

Also, the Rat King quest is totally bugged for me.  I was in a fireteam doing patrols and not getting any credit towards the first step.  I tried different characters, different planets, different people as fireteam leader.  It just doesn't progress.  Their last update must have broken it.

Yeah I got 10 auto rifle. Trying to figure out what these low level items are for I have some others as well.
And by the way, that is the single best thing you could get from Trials (The Prosecutor I think it is called), so you were damn lucky. When we played Trials, everyone was using that. Apparently it is great in PvP.

I think I got Prosecutor to drop from the clan engram.  Haven't infused it up yet, though.  I was having fun this afternoon farming New Monarchy tokens in the Lost Sectors in the EDZ.  I hadn't done a few of the lost sectors and, while brief, they do have some interesting designs that are a bit reminiscent of a few sections of the Vault of Glass.  Good stuff. 

Right now my Titan (main) is kind of stalled at 285, but I should nudge up with the powerful engrams this week. 

Not sure why the weekly crucible token is not not highlighted for the clan this week. I did the Call to Arms on my character and that usually does it.

Don't you need to do it with a clan member?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Think we did it. Just appeared after I finished Call to Arms. Do we have to be in the crucible at the same time?

Edit: maybe it wasn't me. I didn't see anybody else from the clan according to the D2 Tracker in any clan session.

"The Crucible is being so mean to me!  It's touching me here here and here!"

I'm in a clan of two right now so you can imagine our progress is quite slow, but when I talked to Hawthorne to turn in the Clan XP Milestone she had a clan engram for me also (I don't think we're even level 2 yet).  Is there always an engram at reset regardless of your Clan level?

Also, the Rat King quest is totally bugged for me. I was in a fireteam doing patrols and not getting any credit towards the first step. I tried different characters, different planets, different people as fireteam leader. It just doesn't progress. Their last update must have broken it.
Did they have the Rat King quest as well? Or have the Rat King equipped in their primary slot if they've already done the quest? Either one of those is required for all steps of that quest line; at least one other fireteam member must have the quest or the gun.

the clan xp milestone is weekly

also non and i did some crucible with 100xp to get the engram earlier
283*

There was major shenanigans about during a lot of those matches last night.

Still not a fan that my highest level weapon combo is:

- Sturm

- Drang

- and single shot Grenade Launcher.

I'll be on tonight trying to earn dem tokens and raise dat light.

Hopefully I'll be geared enough for a prestige NF before reset. got & non & I slapped the NF (normal) last night with almost 5.5 mins left on the timer...and we stopped to clear out more than we likely needed to.

So I begrudgingly went New Monarchy because their shader looks awesome. Will jump into FWC on my Warlock to farm their handcannon. I really like how they kept even how you get to the Factions the same as Destiny too.

Seems really easy to farm faction tokens just with public events so hopefully we all are able to get what we want from the Factions without having to farm like mad.

the rumor is there's a faction engram cap per rally...that being 30, which amounts to 600 tokens, which breaks down to: (math because I'm bored at work & can't play D2)

75 heroic public events (this most fun & profitable imo)

150 normal public events

300 quickplay crucible matches (we didn't win many last night so I don't recall if we got more than 2)

600 s'ploding up rival faction crates in lost sectors

It's apparently per rally event, per character.

Once you hit the 30 engram cap, the rewards become shaders and shards maybe? Possibly in the future rallies, ships and sparrows. So at dat cap, it's recommended you switch characters and farm dem tokens for another 30 engrams if you want to maximize your engram farm.

Speaking of caps, there's also a chest opening cap apparently. Like, if you open more than 5 chests in a 5 minute period, all chests after have the potential to yield nothing but glimmer...not even a token sometimes. So stagger Cayde's treasure hunting.

Currently rocking the Dead Orbit emblem and Cloak "Stella Incognita," which translates to something like the unknown star (female)...or my take on it. "Female Space Ninja."

While I like tattered look of the cloak, there's a funky design aspect to the left side which resembled a very very large silver zipper teeth. Wha? I feel like Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. I mentioned last night it looked like someone from Dead Orbit stole half of a tent flap then colored it w/shaders and fashioned a cloak. It's currently the highest LL armor piece I have (that isn't exotic).

They have me some split toe ninja boots too but, I don't think anything will replace Orpheus Rig in PVE unless they nerf it.

The chest cap seems legit. Ive opened numerous ones in a row before and usually have one or two with absolutely nothing, cant even remember if there was glimmer in any.

Will probably be on tonight just doing random events and looking possibly to get through Nightfall

The chest cap seems legit. Ive opened numerous ones in a row before and usually have one or two with absolutely nothing, cant even remember if there was glimmer in any.

Will probably be on tonight just doing random events and looking possibly to get through Nightfall
It's not just chests, but also planetary materials as well. And I guess it isn't a bug but intentional behavior. Has anyone seen anything official from Bungie on it? I think it's a bit silly when it takes anywhere from 20-25 of these tokens to redeem for an Engram and maybe ten? times that in planetary materials to redeem for an Engram. The planetary materials come in more slowly (especially the rare ones) and are worth almost nothing (I'm redeeming in groups of 10).

So per reddit if you do 5 chests and or materials in a 5 min window you have an invisible buff that lasts for 5 min where if you open a chest or pick a material you get nothing.  Its an invisible buff and if you wait and farm again it happens again.  What alot of the threads say to do is open farm a few and then do a public event.  Bungie has not confirmed this but alot of the reddit has it posted its a farming cap.  It will also negate you from getting Cade stash bounty chests if you open other chests say on Io before opening a Cade chest it might also be empty cause of the farming block timer.

tl;dr - the money supply is fixed in game (not created), similar to the real world.

I belive most games treat these types of things like real world fiat currency. There is a finite supply in the game. Let's say 1 million Nesseus tokens.

Early in the game a lot tokens drop because the game has the supply to drop, call them the non-circulating tokens. The non-circulating pool is the only place the tokens ecist at the beginning of the game. Once all the non-circulating tokens have been dispersed into circulation ... that's it. Now the currency circulates. If 1 million characters hold one Nesseus token each then 0 may drop, depending on design. But usually design is good enough, and greed towards purchasable items is rampant enough, thst this doesn't happen.

As tokens are turned in to merchants they go back into the non-circulating currency pool waiting to drop. Of course drop rates or time based caps can be used to minipulate drop rates and thus currency in circulation.

Doing this is part of controlling rate progression. Players would complete every posible action in the game in a short time frame if all chests contained 1000 tokens and it cost 1 token for each engram.

This is, however, an artficially controlled economy. The merchants never get richer or larger, their businesses never grow because they don't invest money into growth. Instead the currency collected by merchants filters back into the non-circulating currency pool awaiting a drop for a character who completed a given action. Also no character ever strikes it rich. Etc., etc.

Just like the US treasury doesn't print endless money to pay of the federal debt because it would devalue US currency. And that would piss off a lot of countries because many countries hold a large portion of their treasury in US currency.

At least I think so.[emoji53]

Did they have the Rat King quest as well? Or have the Rat King equipped in their primary slot if they've already done the quest? Either one of those is required for all steps of that quest line; at least one other fireteam member must have the quest or the gun.
I have no idea - they didn't say. But I mean it seems like everyone else did the quest ages ago so I doubt anyone still has the quest but me. But they probably have the gun and just didn't have it with them. It is so *awesome* of all the walkthroughs I saw online not to mention this key fuck-ing tidbit at all. fuck them!

Wait, they actually need it equipped!? Not just in inventory? That is complete BS. That's going to suck on the Nightfall if they have to have it equipped during that and we're trying to beat it with 5 minutes left.

I have no idea - they didn't say. But I mean it seems like everyone else did the quest ages ago so I doubt anyone still has the quest but me. But they probably have the gun and just didn't have it with them. It is so *awesome* of all the walkthroughs I saw online not to mention this key fuck-ing tidbit at all. fuck them!

Wait, they actually need it equipped!? Not just in inventory? That is complete BS. That's going to suck on the Nightfall if they have to have it equipped during that and we're trying to beat it with 5 minutes left.
I have the quest and will be on Friday night if you want to knock out everything but the NF step.

Also just watched a youtube video of a guy soloing the NF this week with just grenades, melees, and supers.

Also if you plan on doing the 300 NF this week it seems Arc subclass with pulse grenades is the way to go with a solar power or energy weapon for a couple of Taken Knights that pop up.

No that's not how it works. You trigger the quest at one of the blue banner icons in your map. If you got the quest item via drop, that's supposed to be the glitch, you're not supposed to start because it doesn't count, until you actually trigger the quest by walking up too the little patrol light thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No that's not how it works. You trigger the quest at one of the blue banner icons in your map. If you got the quest item via drop, that's supposed to be the glitch, you're not supposed to start because it doesn't count, until you actually trigger the quest by walking up too the little patrol light thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have no blue things left on any of the maps for my Titan. I'll check again tonight but I'm pretty sure I did that myself way back.

Yes, they need to have the Rat King equipped for all steps of the quest. For the nightfall, it just needs to be equipped at the end of the nightfall (not necessarily throughout the whole thing). So the strat is to use whatever you want up until the boss is at really low health. Then one fireteam member needs to swap their primary out for the Rat King. Down the boss. And your quest should complete that step.

I think the same thing applies for the Crucible matches part of the quest. They just need to swap to Rat King when the games end. They don't need to actually use it.

It is annoying when the guides don't mention this little (but important) bit especially since it literally mentions in each riddle "the Rat King's Crew" which tells you it has to be in a fireteam with someone who has the quest or the gun itself equipped.

286*

I haven't started the Rat King quest. So, I'm down if anyone else wants to start/finish it.

W/the way the money cap is in place, I'm thinking there's also a "haven't logged in to play for several hours so here's a higher chance at a legendary or exotic engram after your first heroic pub event."

Cause, every time I login for the night and finish a heroic pub even, I get a legendary engram somewhere during the event or looting the chest. Exotics also sometimes pop on the 1st one. Reminds of me of yee old WoW EXP buff, the longer you haven't played the longer your bonus XP buff lasts. Not complaining.

Tried out crucible to try and git gud w/the hand cannon. Gotta say, I did much better than previously now that I a better understanding on the range and time to kill w/Old Fashioned.

I heard the Hunter exclusive sword "Quickfang" iirc is currently the only one handed on the side katana looking sword...it's however considerably lower in impact than the other swords and the dash perk is less of a dash and more like a mini lunge...as some QQ'ers are complaining about...

...but will I look badass wielding it?

Heck yeah I infused that up to my primary power weapon. Sure I have to swing one more time to kill a titan but, katana. KITANA!

(Mortal Komat voice), Oos!

Got the DARCI sniper rifle last night, highest light level for me and currently my primary for Strikes & NF's. Not sure if the exotic perk is worth the exotic slot. I may try it out in crucible and see how much better the increased aim assist helps me though I'm considering dismantling it into my "Single Clap" sniper rifle so I can git dat light higher.

Was able to swap gear round, mod, infuse and now I don't have to wield the Sturm/Dreng combo anymore. :D

Anyone recommend a good purple shotgun? I haven't used them much and currently the stats on the Hawthorne's one look pretty good.

286*

I haven't started the Rat King quest. So, I'm down if anyone else wants to start/finish it.

W/the way the money cap is in place, I'm thinking there's also a "haven't logged in to play for several hours so here's a higher chance at a legendary or exotic engram after your first heroic pub event."

Cause, every time I login for the night and finish a heroic pub even, I get a legendary engram somewhere during the event or looting the chest. Exotics also sometimes pop on the 1st one. Reminds of me of yee old WoW EXP buff, the longer you haven't played the longer your bonus XP buff lasts. Not complaining.

Tried out crucible to try and git gud w/the hand cannon. Gotta say, I did much better than previously now that I a better understanding on the range and time to kill w/Old Fashioned.

I heard the Hunter exclusive sword "Quickfang" iirc is currently the only one handed on the side katana looking sword...it's however considerably lower in impact than the other swords and the dash perk is less of a dash and more like a mini lunge...as some QQ'ers are complaining about...

Heck yeah I infused that up to my primary power weapon. Sure I have to swing one more time to kill a titan but, katana. KITANA!

Got the DARCI sniper rifle last night, highest light level for me and currently my primary for Strikes & NF's. Not sure if the exotic perk is worth the exotic slot. I may try it out in crucible and see how much better the increased aim assist helps me though I'm considering dismantling it into my "Single Clap" sniper rifle so I can git dat light higher.

Was able to swap gear round, mod, infuse and now I don't have to wield the Sturm/Dreng combo anymore. :D

Anyone recommend a good purple shotgun? I haven't used them much and currently the stats on the Hawthorne's one look pretty good.
Will you be on to night some time after 6 pm est for rat king?

As far as shot guns go I like First In, Last Out. It's the single slug shotgun Chandler was talking about. It's good for small hordes at closer range. Doggies and cabal butchers and such. Good impact.

Will you be on to night some time after 6 pm est for rat king?

As far as shot guns go I like First In, Last Out. It's the single slug shotgun Chandler was talking about. It's good for small hordes at closer range. Doggies and cabal butchers and such. Good impact.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry, I'm a new parent so while I could technically be on at 6 pm EST, there's no way I could actually do anything in game other than possibly manage my vault because...so much love and attention surrounds me during those hours.

My usual playtime is 10 pm - 1 am, sometimes longer depending on what's going on and how tired I am.

I don't know if I have a slug shotgun, I'll check again.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry, I'm a new parent so while I could technically be on at 6 pm EST, there's no way I could actually do anything in game other than possibly manage my vault because...so much love and attention surrounds me during those hours.

My usual playtime is 10 pm - 1 am, sometimes longer depending on what's going on and how tired I am.

I don't know if I have a slug shotgun, I'll check again.
Understandable. Of course 10 pm is after 6 pm. If we can connect that's great. Feel free to message me on Xbox Live if you want try and connect anytime you're on.

Did the raid with a non-CAG friend and an LFG group.  We did surprisingly well until the final boss when it all fell apart.  Still need to beat that damn Calus!

Oh yeah and of course I got jack squat from all 3 of the previous parts.  At least my powerful engram turned into a 300 bond so I jumped my weakest spot, my Warlock bond, from 296 to 305 in one shot.

So per reddit if you do 5 chests and or materials in a 5 min window you have an invisible buff that lasts for 5 min where if you open a chest or pick a material you get nothing. Its an invisible buff and if you wait and farm again it happens again. What alot of the threads say to do is open farm a few and then do a public event. Bungie has not confirmed this but alot of the reddit has it posted its a farming cap. It will also negate you from getting Cade stash bounty chests if you open other chests say on Io before opening a Cade chest it might also be empty cause of the farming block timer.
I think this is true. There have been many times where I've opened a chest and got absolutely nothing. One of those times was a Cayde's stash. If this is true, it kind of pisses me off. Don't screw me out of loot because you made it possible for me to hustle and know how to get a lot of goodies in a short period of time.

I haven't done the rat king. I'm so far behind.
I haven't started that one either. I am up to 288 now, though, and I still have two luminous engrams to get this week not counting the raid....which oddly enough I have absolutely zero desire to play.

I haven't started that one either. I am up to 288 now, though, and I still have two luminous engrams to get this week not counting the raid....which oddly enough I have absolutely zero desire to play.
This raid is so totally about mechanics and very little about killing things. Sure, in a few places you have to clear some mobs, and you need pure DPS at the end (from what little I've seen of the DPS phase of Calus - got there once or twice I think). But mostly it's about communicating, shooting switches, switching plates, stealth, platforming, etc...

286*

The Hawthorne's whatever whatever shotgun is great. That thing will stagger a Walker in no time flat.

And yes you will look badass with that sword. :D

I'm having way better loot rates if I find hidden areas or chests I have not found before. Wondering if looting the same spots over and over makes them worth less each time?

Did the raid with a non-CAG friend and an LFG group. We did surprisingly well until the final boss when it all fell apart. Still need to beat that damn Calus!

Oh yeah and of course I got jack squat from all 3 of the previous parts. At least my powerful engram turned into a 300 bond so I jumped my weakest spot, my Warlock bond, from 296 to 305 in one shot.
The only real Raid loot per say is the Chest after Calus and opening the hidden chests in the underbelly of the raid ship. Everything else is just random trash drops if you actually get one. 90% of the time its shader - glimmer - and tokens for the vendor.

288*

I looked badass w/the sword.

Turns out it was very useful for securing enemy supplies on Titan, those orange bar invisible melee fallen take a few hits but usually they drop heavy ammo if you finish them off w/a sword strike (or any power weapon attack). This faction activity sucks for hunters, they're great at dishing out damage but they have no endurance due to the way the enemies are staggered, varied, and placed. Team up w/a Titan or Lock? Heck yeah...throw down that rift or protective barrier please.

I did some research, so the word on the street is to gain progress for the Rat King quest, you need at least 1 member in your fireteam to be on the same leg of the quest as you...and by completing those requirements together, you both gain progress together like a rat pack.

I hadn't started the quest line yet, so Io & I ironed out the all but the NF part of it together, late (EST) last night. Z z z z...

I'll be on the same time slot tonight if you're up to complete the quest. Since Pyramidion has a few sections of just running and avoiding adds & lasers I think we should be able to beat the NF w/in the time frame to get the reward. Especially considering our avg LLs are much higher now...plus Orpheus Rig.

Even though you can probably look it up or already know, for those that don't last night we figured out how to trigger the Witch's Summoning Ritual heroic public event on Titan.

- After you defeat the 2 Wizards by standing in the proper summoning circles, there's 2 void crystals w/protective immune bubbles on them that spawn adjacent to the summoning portal. As if mounting on the pillars that light up. You shoot those by standing in the appropriate summoning circle (which takes the immunity off just like the wizard phase).

Yay!

288*

I looked badass w/the sword.

Turns out it was very useful for securing enemy supplies on Titan, those orange bar invisible melee fallen take a few hits but usually they drop heavy ammo if you finish them off w/a sword strike (or any power weapon attack). This faction activity sucks for hunters, they're great at dishing out damage but they have no endurance due to the way the enemies are staggered, varied, and placed. Team up w/a Titan or Lock? Heck yeah...throw down that rift or protective barrier please.

I did some research, so the word on the street is to gain progress for the Rat King quest, you need at least 1 member in your fireteam to be on the same leg of the quest as you...and by completing those requirements together, you both gain progress together like a rat pack.

I hadn't started the quest line yet, so Io & I ironed out the all but the NF part of it together, late (EST) last night. Z z z z...

I'll be on the same time slot tonight if you're up to complete the quest. Since Pyramidion has a few sections of just running and avoiding adds & lasers I think we should be able to beat the NF w/in the time frame to get the reward. Especially considering our avg LLs are much higher now...plus Orpheus Rig.

Even though you can probably look it up or already know, for those that don't last night we figured out how to trigger the Witch's Summoning Ritual heroic public event on Titan.

- After you defeat the 2 Wizards by standing in the proper summoning circles, there's 2 void crystals w/protective immune bubbles on them that spawn adjacent to the summoning portal. As if mounting on the pillars that light up. You shoot those by standing in the appropriate summoning circle (which takes the immunity off just like the wizard phase).

Yay!
Crap, I wish I knew because I still need to do that quest. Probably would have been on too late for me anyway. If you need a third for nightfall I think I will be on a little later tonight.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back