Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any VOG veterans for ps4 in this thread that can take a newbie in their helm?I want to try The raid this week. Almost at lvl 28. Hehe

[quote name="Vulcan2422" post="12149696" timestamp="1412884374"]Yeah, the machine gun is best for the oracles. Also need somebody who is great with the relic as well.[/quote]
I have no idea what to do with the relic. Somebody else was controlling it the while time. The two vets had some good strategies and we were able to beat it in about an hour and a half with four newbies.

Finally got a Legendary Fusion Rifle weapon as a reward for completing the weekly strike at highest level last night so that was cool.  Also have 16 strange coins saved up so I can finally get an exotic this weekend so should be able to level a bit more.

Does all Legendary armor (excluding raid gear) max out at +27 light?  I have 2 queens pieces that I had been working on but was going to wait to see what I can get from Xur tomorrow.

Does all Legendary armor (excluding raid gear) max out at +27 light? I have 2 queens pieces that I had been working on but was going to wait to see what I can get from Xur tomorrow.
So far yeah they all have that cap. Raid gear and Exotic armors are the only pieces that hit +30 light

Well after doing some reading I finally understand the weapon ratings for the game. I did not realize the rating (big number) is actually the modifier base on the enemy level. I guess if you divide the rating by 10 then that indicates the level enemy and below the gun will deliver 100% damage. The impact is the actual damage the gun delivers. I have the Dr. Nope auto rifle and it has such a low impact score I am thinking of just scrapping it.
So then I should have dismantled the legendary auto rifle I got... as soon as I got it. You can barely see the Impact rating on it.

I might as well be shooting spitwads, at least there's a "cootie" factor with those :) .

But man, Destiny desperately needs an old-school instruction manual. You know the kind your parents would use as a booster seat for a kid (before it was made illegal).

Last edited by a moderator:
That assessment of the weapons is a bit off and wouldnt use that as a rule of thumb.

Impact effects the amount of force the opposing enemy can walk forward thus effecting speed and then the sway the guardian receives upon getting hit by it.

That assessment of the weapons is a bit off and wouldnt use that as a rule of thumb.

Impact effects the amount of force the opposing enemy can walk forward thus effecting speed and then the sway the guardian receives upon getting hit by it.
So what rating actually affects damage output for the weapon? A sniper with the same rating (Large #) as an auto rifle has completely different damage output. It is all very confusing to me when trying to select the right weapons to keep.

BrolyB593 said:
You seriously got the most amazing set of drops, period. Hahah having played the Raid well into the double digits I have never seen anyone walk away with half of set of raid gear, best raid weapon and then the ship on top of that all in one go... their first completion to boot! You basically earned in that one shot how much I have gotten from the Raid ever haha so kudos to that kickass luck!!
Yeah, I kind of realized that when I added it all up. I think I just got shards from all the chests. But the checkpoint rewards are where I cleaned up. I got the greaves from the first big one (after the first set of oracles?). Then I got the chest plate at that checkpoint where we made it and then all died afterwards. I forget what stage that was... Then the auto rifle and ship were ending rewards.

BrolyB593 said:
Also to note on your weapon, having any sort of elemental damage on a primary is a godsend. When you get the damage modifiers on missions then that coincide with your primary it makes them a cakewalk (sort of : P)
I thought that might be the case. I liked my Bad Seed Down (legendary pulse rifle) which I had maxed out. It is great for regular stuff as it can take things down quickly even from distance. But it is kind of lacking when things have shields and it has no elemental damage. Atheon's Epilogue has void damage. Right now it is definitely weaker than my Bad Seed Down, but I have a lot of leveling to do with it. I also need to get the hang of the recoil and lack of range. You said a later upgrade eliminates the recoil, right? That would be great.

BrolyB593 said:
Plus now we are all masters of jumping and teleporting through time gates : P
Well now, let's not get carried away ;). I still have to practice my jumps. At least this wasn't my Warlock character. I know there's got to be some trick to that but I can't even get up to the "sniping ledge" on the Sepkis Prime strike with that character. The jump just fizzles out a few feet above the ground with her.

-----------

Back to the regular game. I'll be on around 9pm Pacific tonight if anyone wants to do the Weekly or even just the Daily Story mission on hard. I tried to run through it last night and I made it to the end, but Braucus or whatever his name is (Cabal guy) got me with one of his rockets. I was too tired from all the earlier play to restart from the checkpoint even though I probably could have finished it. It should be a breeze with 3 or even 2 players.

Yeah, I kind of realized that when I added it all up. I think I just got shards from all the chests. But the checkpoint rewards are where I cleaned up. I got the greaves from the first big one (after the first set of oracles?). Then I got the chest plate at that checkpoint where we made it and then all died afterwards. I forget what stage that was... Then the auto rifle and ship were ending rewards.

I thought that might be the case. I liked my Bad Seed Down (legendary pulse rifle) which I had maxed out. It is great for regular stuff as it can take things down quickly even from distance. But it is kind of lacking when things have shields and it has no elemental damage. Atheon's Epilogue has void damage. Right now it is definitely weaker than my Bad Seed Down, but I have a lot of leveling to do with it. I also need to get the hang of the recoil and lack of range. You said a later upgrade eliminates the recoil, right? That would be great.

Well now, let's not get carried away ;). I still have to practice my jumps. At least this wasn't my Warlock character. I know there's got to be some trick to that but I can't even get up to the "sniping ledge" on the Sepkis Prime strike with that character. The jump just fizzles out a few feet above the ground with her.
Hahah yeah you lucked out for real.

And the recoil is one of the optional mid upgrades. It is the last you can get, I think the first is faster reload, then I can't recall the second and then the third is increased stability!

You are more a master of jumping than you were before we started at least ; P

BrolyB593 said:
You are more a master of jumping than you were before we started at least ; P
Well if nothing else I learned what the differences were between the 3 Titan jump/boost options which I had never really paid attention to before.

Broly - you say you aren't getting rewards. Why is that? Is it a once a week thing? Or is it once you get a certain thing you don't get it again?

I'm not sure if I'll be up for going through the entire raid again. But I might be up for doing the first few parts a couple of times (if/when we can get more rewards). Relatively speaking, the first couple parts were easy (compared to the end). It would be awesome to get the gloves to complete my set of 30 light gear.

[quote name="Vulcan2422" post="12149999" timestamp="1412892848"]I'm ok wit that io. Anybody for a 10 PM EST Start tine tonight? Just 3 others.[/quote]
I would be down for that. I would only probably be able to stick around for two hours. Early morning meeting. I would be able to get back on tomorrow night if need be to finish.

What level are you Moose and Bear? 28 we can push through at a mediocre pace.

So, Moose and bear, my self and two friends are in. In for tongight io?

[quote name="Vulcan2422" post="12150170" timestamp="1412897189"]What level are you Moose and Bear? 28 we can push through at a mediocre pace.

So, Moose and bear, my self and two friends are in. In for tongight io?[/quote]
I am 28 and have done it once. My friend is 29. I have the machine gun, I'm not sure if he has any raid weapons. Should add my gt is Renegade Moose.

Vulcan2422 said:
What level are you Moose and Bear? 28 we can push through at a mediocre pace.

So, Moose and bear, my self and two friends are in. In for tongight io?
Possibly, but I don't know about 10 est. That is kind of early for me. We'll see. If I'm around I'll join in.

Ah Ok io. We could run with your buddy then. You know the spot where to kill the oOracle as well right? I remember some things here and there I def forgot the chest locations

GT is Vulcan7905

[quote name="Vulcan2422" post="12150191" timestamp="1412897512"]Ah Ok io. We could run with your buddy then. You know the spot where to kill the oOracle as well right? I remember some things here and there I def forgot the chest locations

GT is Vulcan7905[/quote]
I vaguely remember some locations. Maybe three? When we fought the templar we all committed suicide so we'd be on the cliff and then one guy went and got the relic and brought it back up. That's the only trick I know.

Well sounds like my friend has another group that's short one so I'm going to join him. I will gladly help out if we get done in time and you still need it. Won't get rewards but I'd certainly be willing to help some fellow CAGs.

When I get on later I'd like to do the Weekly Strike if there are any CAGs around then (probably 9-10 Pacific). Or at least the daily story on the hardest level.

I asked this before but it got lost. What determines whether you get rewards or not from the Raid? Is it once per week?

OK, looked it up - yeah, once per week. So I'd want to wait until next week anyway on the Raid.

When I get on later I'd like to do the Weekly Strike if there are any CAGs around then (probably 9-10 Pacific). Or at least the daily story on the hardest level.

I asked this before but it got lost. What determines whether you get rewards or not from the Raid? Is it once per week?

OK, looked it up - yeah, once per week. So I'd want to wait until next week anyway on the Raid.
If you haven't done the weekly by tomorrow or saturday night I can run it with you again - going to comic con tomorrow so might be on a bit later than usual

Well that is frustrating.  Get to the end boss of the weekly strike and then poof I am disconnected with a zebra error.  No checkpoints or anything.  Need to start over if I want to do it again solo.  These are the moments I just feel like putting the game away.  Turned of the Xbox and time for bed.

Wait, what? How do you even get the Spire open with just 2 people? I guess lots of moving back and forth and sniping...

OK, I watched and I guess all you really need to do is take our the Praetorians. But this guy is like one or two-shotting them. I can't do that with anything I have ;).

Tonight I was doing a mission that took me to the Vex plate area to do some scouting and I helped out a Raid that was just getting started. I stood up on a perch and helped them pick off Vex. Then I was able to follow them into the Vault, interestingly enough. You can go down pretty far to where it says "Trial of Kabr". But then I couldn't figure out where to go and was sealed in as the door had closed up top. That was interesting. I spent some time exploring what I could in there (lots of ledges to jump to) to see if there was anything there. There was not... Watching the video, I can see why I couldn't proceed. If you watch him go into the Vault at 4:05 he goes down for a while and then passes a chest where there is an opening in the wall. I got to that point but there was no chest and the wall was solid there.

Damn - just had to watch that video. At 32:00 his partner is down and just about to be revived when all the Oracles pop up. He gets him back and then has to rush to take them all down. Also, in the previous parts I noticed they retreated to the upper platforms when the fanatics rush out. It isn't obvious (to me at least) when you are done guarding the confluxes. But they seemed to know exactly when to "take a break".

He also comes close to dying many times and just barely squeaks through a lot of it. There is definitely nothing "casual" about that ;). They did have to restart the conflux/Oracle part once.

Interestingly enough, they don't use the platform when doing the Relic portion.

For those who did the Raid yesterday, skip to 43:00. That is kind of interesting (exit to maze doesn't open with just 2 people there). They had to die, leave the game, get a third person, and start again (from the maze). So while the 2 guys did all the work it is technically impossible to 2-man it...

The part at the end where he goes into the gate by himself is just insane. But what I don't get is that the other guy dies nearly every time right before he goes in. Then he comes out and the guy is alive. How did that work? When we died on the outside, the gate couldn't be opened and the guys inside couldn't get out. I watched more closely: apparently that was the strategy. The guy on the outside would die on purpose and then self-resurrect (I always forget about that ability). I'm not sure what the reason for that is, but it seems to work for them.

gotdott said:
If you haven't done the weekly by tomorrow or saturday night I can run it with you again - going to comic con tomorrow so might be on a bit later than usual
Sure, sounds good. Tonight I joined in with a CAG who was doing the Weekly Nightfall solo. That was pretty hard and we stopped after a bit.

I'm back to being in need of ascendant shards to upgrade my Raid gear, so that is my main focus now. (But coins are good too).

Bah, I powered up my X1 to check Xur's selection before I got ready for work and I was disappointed hah. I of course already got the Ice Breaker last weekend out of sheer luck and knew as soon as I got it I was like, 'Watch with my crap luck Xur will sell this next week anyway' andddd sure enough I was right hahah. Plus then the Warlock armor is pretty lame. I prefer my Warlock to have Int and Dis and dont really care for Str. Titan or Hunter I can see that but a Warlock's bread and butter, especially the Sunsinger, is his grenades and super, especially when paired together I feel like. Oh well, looks like I will probably have like 50 coins by next weekend then so hopefully there is something I want then! : P

I also think this weekend I am going to try and get my second Warlock to 20 (and then obviously 29 using my previous gear). I run the Raid so much helping people that having a second character I could get the rewards for would be nice! I just wish there were a way to skip all the freaking cut scenes!! Why is that still not an option??

Is there a site that lists all the gear he has for sale this week?  I won't be home until later in the day to check it out.  Hopefully there is some good armor for Hunters.

I had my first legendary engram drop in game yesterday.  Saw it was a set of gauntlets which was something I needed.  Went to Cryptarch and it turned out to be an Exotic!  Only problem was it was for a Titan only.  Guess I have to get my titan above level 2 soon.

Is there a site that lists all the gear he has for sale this week? I won't be home until later in the day to check it out. Hopefully there is some good armor for Hunters.

I had my first legendary engram drop in game yesterday. Saw it was a set of gauntlets which was something I needed. Went to Cryptarch and it turned out to be an Exotic! Only problem was it was for a Titan only. Guess I have to get my titan above level 2 soon.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/destiny-xur-location-and-exotic-item-list-weekend-october-10-389200

I have the Icebreaker Xur sells and my god it's glorious.

It hits like a truck, has incredible range and while it can only carry 6 shots, ammo regenerates so you get infinite ammo (you can't pickup secondary ammo for it, you need to wait till it regenerates which is slow but not so slow that it's a problem, just enough to make it not op).

I have a question about armor and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, or I get conflicting answers.  Anyone know the cap of the three stats from the armor?  I've seen answers ranging from 170-250, I also know that the number depends on your level.  For the sake or making things more complicated lets just assume I'm 30.  For example when am I wasting points by continuing to buy armor that has Strength, Discipline, and Intellect?  Right now I currently have 270 points into my Intellect but I don't have any way of knowing how many of those points are wasted, or when I actually hit 100% increase.  It's a little frustrating not knowing this, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I have the Icebreaker Xur sells and my god it's glorious.

It hits like a truck, has incredible range and while it can only carry 6 shots, ammo regenerates so you get infinite ammo (you can't pickup secondary ammo for it, you need to wait till it regenerates which is slow but not so slow that it's a problem, just enough to make it not op).
Hmm, I have a Legendary Chest piece already for my Hunter and I've been wanting a sniper so I might grab that Icebreaker for 17 coins. Doesn't really help me level up though. :(

[quote name="gotdott" post="12150870" timestamp="1412917669"]If you haven't done the weekly by tomorrow or saturday night I can run it with you again - going to comic con tomorrow so might be on a bit later than usual[/quote]
If you need a third I should be on. Sounds like most of my regulars are gone.

Thank you!

Hmm, I have a Legendary Chest piece already for my Hunter and I've been wanting a sniper so I might grab that Icebreaker for 17 coins. Doesn't really help me level up though. :(
It will help you level up in the fact that you will be able to dish out more damage and complete Nightfalls and raids more easily though!

I have a question about armor and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, or I get conflicting answers. Anyone know the cap of the three stats from the armor? I've seen answers ranging from 170-250, I also know that the number depends on your level. For the sake or making things more complicated lets just assume I'm 30. For example when am I wasting points by continuing to buy armor that has Strength, Discipline, and Intellect? Right now I currently have 270 points into my Intellect but I don't have any way of knowing how many of those points are wasted, or when I actually hit 100% increase. It's a little frustrating not knowing this, any help would be appreciated.
Int, Disc and Str are all based on your level. The higher your level/light level, the higher you need your stats to be to be at 100%.

The below video creates an equation based on the Beta data which is fairly accurate albeit not 100% however but a good gauge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RR-EebKLyQ#t=585

Basically for me being at 29 currently I see that I need to have about 275 in an attribute to max it out.

Hmm, I want that sniper, but I only have a handful of coins left over after buying the helmet last weekend. What's the fastest way to earn strange coins?

Hmm, I want that sniper, but I only have a handful of coins left over after buying the helmet last weekend. What's the fastest way to earn strange coins?
Did you already do the Weekly Heroic Strike? If not definitely jump into that on the highest difficulty to nab 9 coins. You should always be attempting it on 28 your first time through because that nets you the most coins. even if it is a pain in the ass and you need to recruit people, that is your best bet.

Otherwise the most consistent spots that I have received Strange Coins from were from engrams/Cryptarch and then the post master rewards for doing your daily public event.

I have seen quite a few pvP match rewards give out Strange coins but not so much for me hah

It will help you level up in the fact that you will be able to dish out more damage and complete Nightfalls and raids more easily though!
Yea, the sniper will be a good addition for me. I can use the vanguard marks I have been saving up to get 2 pieces of legendary armor that should get me into range for Level 27.

Is that right that the sniper is just 17 strange coins? I thought the weapons were more than that? or is that just primary weapons?

Did you already do the Weekly Heroic Strike? If not definitely jump into that on the highest difficulty to nab 9 coins. You should always be attempting it on 28 your first time through because that nets you the most coins. even if it is a pain in the ass and you need to recruit people, that is your best bet.

Otherwise the most consistent spots that I have received Strange Coins from were from engrams/Cryptarch and then the post master rewards for doing your daily public event.

I have seen quite a few pvP match rewards give out Strange coins but not so much for me hah
I also saw somebody get a mote of light in the Iron Banner. That was a first for me. I didn't get anything, of course.

One thing I noticed in the raid last night was the Vex at Atheon were actually dropping engrams. Anybody know if this was something patched in or a glitch? I thought there weren't supposed to be any drops in the raid.

Hey, if any VoG veterans are on tonight and willing to takes some newbies thru, let me know. Got about 4 of us willing and able.

I also saw somebody get a mote of light in the Iron Banner. That was a first for me. I didn't get anything, of course.

One thing I noticed in the raid last night was the Vex at Atheon were actually dropping engrams. Anybody know if this was something patched in or a glitch? I thought there weren't supposed to be any drops in the raid.
I always get like one random green engram every run of the raid at some point during the Gatekeeper fight usually.

I always get like one random green engram every run of the raid at some point during the Gatekeeper fight usually.
That would have been when it happened. I got a blue and then a ton of greens and then some beads. I'm sure I could have easily missed it all my first time through since I was so busy just trying to figure out what I should be doing.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier - I got exactly ONE green drop from the Raid, so it stood out.

I completely forgot about Xur last night. Of course with it still being Thursday night (to me) I never think of him being there.

I'd like to get that Icebreaker but I think I need more coins. Who's up for the weekly at 28 tonight?

So I've decoded close to 100 blue engrams and never once got an upgrade until last night. Sure, I got plenty of downgrades before the patch. My Titan's Cryparch level is at least 12. I've heard that has some effect on getting upgrades (the higher the level the more chance). I'm not sure if that is true - certainly not from my experience. Hell, even the last set of rewards from him for leveling up was crap (3 blues).

But then, funny thing, late last night I'm messing around with the loot stairs with my Warlock (still need basic armor parts for her) and her cryptarch level is no more than 3 or 4. But one of my blues turned into a legendary rocket launcher (Unfriendly Giant)! My exotic weapon has been Super Good Advice and it is nice in some places but I find I don't use it too often and often wish I had a rocket launcher (e.g., in that VoG video the guy makes great use of one).

So I'm thinking it might be perfect for me to grab that Icebreaker sniper and then just use this new legendary rocket launcher (for my Titan). That would actually give me all three elements for my weapons (Void for Atheon's Epilogue auto rifle, Solar for Icebreaker, and Arc for Unfriendly Giant). At least one wiki I looked at says Unfriendly Giant is Arc. I thought it was Void when I got it last night. Hah - and another Wiki says it is Solar. Yeah, so I'll just have to look next time I'm on...

Hmmm... This page definitely shows it as Solar: http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/Unfriendly+Giant
Is it possible it is different for different people? That page says this:

•The Unfriendly Giant comes standard with 3 random Warhead Upgrades, 2 random Weapon Upgrades and 3 random Launch Upgrades.

So does that mean even the upgrade trees aren't the same for different Unfriendly Giants? Does that go for other weapons as well? The exotics seem to have fixed elemental damage and upgrade paths though.

I will be on tonight and most of the weekend if anyone want to do the Weekly for some Strange coins.  I am on the 360.  Cancerman1120

I'm available from now and any time tonight for Weekly on the X1 though. I'm working so just send me a CAG PM or post here if you want to run it. I can always step aside from my work and do that for a bit.

cancerman1120 - you need to join us on the Xbox One ;).

I'm available from now and any time tonight for Weekly on the X1 though. I'm working so just send me a CAG PM or post here if you want to run it. I can always step aside from my work and do that for a bit.

cancerman1120 - you need to join us on the Xbox One ;).
Yeah I am already regretting not buying an Xbox One during the free game week. If I knew GS was going to give me $160 for my Vita a few weeks later I would have bought one from Amazon for sure. I am hoping for a bundle soon though.

[quote name="io" post="12152351" timestamp="1412982800"]I'm available from now and any time tonight for Weekly on the X1 though. I'm working so just send me a CAG PM or post here if you want to run it. I can always step aside from my work and do that for a bit.

cancerman1120 - you need to join us on the Xbox One ;).[/quote]
I'm on right now. If anybody wants to send an invite. Need one more?

[quote name="Vulcan2422" post="12152421" timestamp="1412984751"]I sent a message but no response back[/quote]
To me? I didn't receive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back