Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the sniper rifle is nice. I'm using that instead of Super Good Advice (exotic machine gun - just swapped that out for a legendary rocket launcher I got as a drop yesterday).

Also, I'm 2-for-2 on Xur's exotic engrams. I picked one up for my Warlock and it ended up being a Warlock helm. Nice. Pretty cool looking too.

The motes of light are only for that one engram (which I think has always been for a helm) and vanity items from the Speaker, right? While I wouldn't mind getting one of the Warlock bonds the speaker has, I can wait on those. I had like 26 motes tonight between my two characters (that was after spending 23 two weeks ago for my Titan's exotic helm). I figured there was no point saving them.

The question is do I bother buying a second Icebreaker sniper rifle for my Warlock or save up those coins for later? I'll probably just wait. If I really have to I can swap the weapons around.

Now with the Raid gear for my Titan, and this exotic helm for my Warlock, I need shards, shards, shards... And pretty much nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have like 20 something shards, what I really need is energy now to upgrade all my weapons. Also yes I'm pretty sure the motes are just used for the Engram from Xur and the Class Items from The Speaker.

Productive night last night. I raised my cryptarch rank and for the first time ever, his "gift" was not just a handful of rare pieces. He actually gave me an engram that decrypted into an exotic sniper rifle, so I didn't need to spend the coins with Xur this week.

Looking for someone to raid with on Tuesday night around 10:00 est. I am on the XB1 and am a very weak Level 24 Warlock. My gamertag is ajh2298. Also would be able to play early Wednesday morning around 8:30 am est till about 2:30 pm est.

Thanks

Looking for someone to raid with on Tuesday night around 10:00 est. I am on the XB1 and am a very weak Level 24 Warlock. My gamertag is ajh2298. Also would be able to play early Wednesday morning around 8:30 am est till about 2:30 pm est.

Thanks
You cannot Raid at 24. You will be literally no help to the team and will die from everything in one hit. Level up and then think about jumping into the Raid.

That being said I almost have my 2nd Warlock up to 20 so that I can get Raid and Nightfall rewards twice a week! I obviously can just swap out the gear from one to the other and go from there. He is at 17 right now so I am getting there. Hopefully my buddies can help push me through tonight to get to 20 to get a second round of Raid this weekend! : P

Had a good night of gaming with Moose, Gotdott, Sim and io last night. It was nice to finally get up to vanguard rank 3 and buy a legendary heavy.  I also got the Icebreaker and love that sniper rifle.  It's funny, I had only accumulated 13 strange coins up to last night, then got 9 from the weekly (on level 28) and another, so 10 total last night.  Got my exotic sniper rifle and still have some coins to save for next week. 

I'd still like to get in on the raid.  I'm still level 27 Striker Titan and now suitably geared up with good weapons.  :D/

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12153712" timestamp="1413050767"]Had a good night of gaming with Moose, Gotdott, Sim and io last night. It was nice to finally get up to vanguard rank 3 and buy a legendary heavy. I also got the Icebreaker and love that sniper rifle. It's funny, I had only accumulated 13 strange coins up to last night, then got 9 from the weekly (on level 28) and another, so 10 total last night. Got my exotic sniper rifle and still have some coins to save for next week.

I'd still like to get in on the raid. I'm still level 27 Striker Titan and now suitably geared up with good weapons. :D/[/quote]
I feel like I'm the only person that didn't buy that sniper. I was tempted seeing how good it was. But I think I'll save my coins in case he has something that fits my play style better later on.

Nice pull simosaurus!  I bought the sniper from Xur and I am loving it, worth every strange coin I spent on it.  Thanks everyone for the recommendation on getting that.

I started working on my other 2 characters so I can farm more materials from the dailys.  How high do I have to get them before the vanguard strike panel and the other daily stuff is available?  Is it level 18?  Can't really remember as I was just loot cave farming when leveling my current character.

Kind of lame that you have to pretty much play the entire campaign over again when you start a new character and go through all the cut scenes and endless back and forth to the tower.  They should really just have a default loadout at level 8 or something so you can just hop right into the game and move freely between planets, especially if you have already beaten the game and have a 25+ character.

Also I am Lvl 26 Hunter now and will be able to push to 28 once I have some time to farm some Helium on the moon this weekend so if there is a group getting together to raid soon please let me know, or even if you just want to knock out the daily/weekly stuff.  I usually get on around 9pm Eastern.

I was drunk and spent my strange coins on the sniper and the warlock chest even though I have exotic helm and gloves already and then I spent my motes on the engram and got another hunter helm. Meh.

You cannot Raid at 24. You will be literally no help to the team and will die from everything in one hit. Level up and then think about jumping into the Raid.

That being said I almost have my 2nd Warlock up to 20 so that I can get Raid and Nightfall rewards twice a week! I obviously can just swap out the gear from one to the other and go from there. He is at 17 right now so I am getting there. Hopefully my buddies can help push me through tonight to get to 20 to get a second round of Raid this weekend! : P
Whoops I didn't mean the raid I meant strikes like the weekly and daily ones.

Finally picked up the one last Strange Coin I needed for Icebreaker! Cancerman and I played until like 3:30 am last night and I didn't get a Coin the whole time while he got like five. :lol: Also grabbed a legendary Machine Gun from Vanguard and popped the achievement for being kitted out in all legendary and exotic gear.

But one of my blues turned into a legendary rocket launcher (Unfriendly Giant)!

That would actually give me all three elements for my weapons (Void for Atheon's Epilogue auto rifle, Solar for Icebreaker, and Arc for Unfriendly Giant). At least one wiki I looked at says Unfriendly Giant is Arc. I thought it was Void when I got it last night. Hah - and another Wiki says it is Solar. Yeah, so I'll just have to look next time I'm on...

Hmmm... This page definitely shows it as Solar: http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/Unfriendly+Giant
Is it possible it is different for different people? That page says this:

•The Unfriendly Giant comes standard with 3 random Warhead Upgrades, 2 random Weapon Upgrades and 3 random Launch Upgrades.

So does that mean even the upgrade trees aren't the same for different Unfriendly Giants? Does that go for other weapons as well? The exotics seem to have fixed elemental damage and upgrade paths though.
Just got Unfriendly Giant last night for hitting lvl 14 Cryptarch and it was also ARC.

But I have wondered if it's possible to get the same Legendaryor Exotic weapon, just with a different effect. I've seen this with Rares and below; specifically Rocket Launchers. I kept replacing my RL's with Despot SA/5 models and eventually had one of each type (solar, void, arc).

I'd love it if there's a way to get Ice Breaker in each type :)

I have a question about armor and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, or I get conflicting answers. Anyone know the cap of the three stats from the armor? I've seen answers ranging from 170-250, I also know that the number depends on your level. For the sake or making things more complicated lets just assume I'm 30. For example when am I wasting points by continuing to buy armor that has Strength, Discipline, and Intellect? Right now I currently have 270 points into my Intellect but I don't have any way of knowing how many of those points are wasted, or when I actually hit 100% increase. It's a little frustrating not knowing this, any help would be appreciated.
Like Broly said, it seems to change a bit as you level up.

My Titan has 284 Discipline and that's got me maxed out, but don't know by how much. I also have 123 Strength and I think that was 46% to max??? If my #'s are right I hit max at about 268.

Frak just did the daily strike by myself and killed the main guy the same time he killed me and didn't get credit for it.

Down to run through it again with you!

Finally picked up the one last Strange Coin I needed for Icebreaker! Cancerman and I played until like 3:30 am last night and I didn't get a Coin the whole time while he got like five. :lol: Also grabbed a legendary Machine Gun from Vanguard and popped the achievement for being kitted out in all legendary and exotic gear.
YEAH!!! I wanted you to get that coin so bad. The last time we went back to the Tower to decode our loot I got another coin and did not have the heart to tell you again. :) It was a nice night for me. I think I picked up 15 strange coins last night with the Weekly on Level 28 and then I got 2 legendary drops when my Cryptarch leveled up. I also got another exotic bounty. This time for the Thorn. Still working on my Bad JuJu bounty but I finished the Pocket Infinity and Super Good Advice bounties already. My hands are sore today though...I think I played 9 hours yesterday.

Edit: I also got the Bladedancer exotic helm from a purchased XUR engram which means I have both exotic helms for my Hunter now.

Fearia said:
Motes are rumored to be used in a future PvP event that rewards high quality gear. I'd save them.
Eh, I don't do PvP so no use saving them...

simosaurus said:
Productive night last night. I raised my cryptarch rank and for the first time ever, his "gift" was not just a handful of rare pieces. He actually gave me an engram that decrypted into an exotic sniper rifle, so I didn't need to spend the coins with Xur this week.
I can't believe with as much as you have played you only just ranked up your Cryptarch. I think I leveled him up 3 or 4 times just this week. It's around 14 now. I think all of twice have I gotten Legendary gear from him and never an Exotic.

rbarba4 said:
Just got Unfriendly Giant last night for hitting lvl 14 Cryptarch and it was also ARC.

But I have wondered if it's possible to get the same Legendaryor Exotic weapon, just with a different effect. I've seen this with Rares and below; specifically Rocket Launchers. I kept replacing my RL's with Despot SA/5 models and eventually had one of each type (solar, void, arc).
I'd love it if there's a way to get Ice Breaker in each type :)
It is definitely possible because my Unfriendly Giant had Void damage like I thought. So now I don't have one of each type. Maybe I'll keep a blue Arc damage weapon as a backup.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12154407" timestamp="1413077210"]Are you guys on there now all just waiting?[/quote]
We were... Now a few more had to leave... I have the checkpoint myself if enough people want to do it.

I might hop on. I'm not sure what to do though. I've maxed my Vanguard marks for the week and I soloed the Daily already with my Titan (and did public events with both my chars). If anyone is up for carrying my level 24 Warlock through the Daily at 28 I'd appreciate it. It really isn't all that hard. You can back up to the bridge when the boss comes out and snipe him from there.

Or I'd be up for the Weekly Nightfall with my Level 28 Titan but I know how much of a pain that one is.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12154417" timestamp="1413077604"]Ah lame, sorry.

I just saw this. I have been sitting here working on the computer and would have hopped off for a quick 10 minute break to cheese the boss for you haha[/quote]
Actually if you want we need one more. We'd all definitely appreciate it.

[quote name="bear489" post="12154436" timestamp="1413078227"]Anyone going to be on tomorrow? Would like to to do the lvl 28 strike. I'll be on after 1pm est till 8 or so.[/quote]
If I'm on feel free to send an invite if you need another. I've already done it and hated it, but I'd be willing to help out. ;)

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12154439" timestamp="1413078336"]add me and shoot me an invite

VASHtheSTAMP3D3

##edit#

Looks like you got a 6th already so I just hopped off hah back to work![/quote]
Yeah. Somebody jumped in right after I sent that. Thanks for offering to help though. :D

So I was doing patrols on Venus tonight when I got a boss kill mission that took me to place I had never been before.  I was in the Citadel zone and I went way back to a section with this light tower but it was surrounded by a force field.  I am assuming this is an entrance to the DLC?  It was just nice to go someplace different and made me realize how much I spend in the same dang areas.  

Also, I am not sure I will be able to get the Thorn without a primary weapon that has void damage.  Not a good enough sniper to make it worth the time and I don't get a good enough kill spread when using the fusion rifle.  

That Icebreaker was so damn nice that when I snagged another coin (at about 1:30 AM tonight so just 30 minutes before Xur leaves), giving me another set of 17, I grabbed a second one for my other character. Yeah, I could just swap the weapon between them but it always seems like I'm jumping from one character to the other without having time for that so I figured why not? I've already got exotic armor for both my chars and so I don't see a need to buy much more from him any time soon.

I've gotta admit, I feel a bit sad that my special toy isn't so special anymore.  I literally got Ice Breaker last week during a raid, and everyone was whooping and hollering in the raid.  Now everyone has it.  I'm no longer a special snowflake.  :(

Interestingly enough, the week after I got Gjallahorn, Xur sold that too . . .

I think Xur just wants to make me feel not-so-cool.  That, or the selection of Exotics isn't that varied.

Side note:  I think Xur is actually related to the Old Ones of Cthulhu mythos.

Fearia said:
I've gotta admit, I feel a bit sad that my special toy isn't so special anymore. I literally got Ice Breaker last week during a raid, and everyone was whooping and hollering in the raid. Now everyone has it. I'm no longer a special snowflake. :(
Hah! You should have seen the 3 of us sniping with Icebreaker in the Weekly Nightfall ;).

I played a little more after the 2am reset and had the greatest luck with public events. I started up the Heroic story at level 28 and it put me on Mars right as a Warsat defense was going on in the first area. Nice. Then as soon as I was done with that I went to the next area and there was another one that started right when I got there. I've never had that happen before.

The daily is the Vex Spire mission on Mars where you go into a train station, fight off some Vex, and simply scan the spire. It was pretty easy soloing it on 28 (at least with my level 28 Titan). There is no boss except for a heavily armored Minotaur near the end.

Luckily I got shards from that and from the public event and after I broke down some legendary boots I didn't need any more, I was able to max out my Kabr's Greaves. Now I'm level 29 with 3 upgrades still to go on my Kabr's chest armor and 3 on my gloves (which are regular legendary). Now I'm motivated to do the Vault again next week at least through a few checkpoints to see if I can get Kabr's gloves which would let me get to level 30. When we did it Wednesday I was barely level 28. Now I'm a level higher and have a much better primary weapon: Atheon's Epilogue buffed up to the point where it does bonus damage to Oracles. Sweet.

If anyone is up for the Daily Heroic tomorrow evening (Sunday that is) I wouldn't mind running it with my other character (who is up to 26 now I think).

I've gotta admit, I feel a bit sad that my special toy isn't so special anymore. I literally got Ice Breaker last week during a raid, and everyone was whooping and hollering in the raid. Now everyone has it. I'm no longer a special snowflake. :(

Interestingly enough, the week after I got Gjallahorn, Xur sold that too . . .

I think Xur just wants to make me feel not-so-cool. That, or the selection of Exotics isn't that varied.

Side note: I think Xur is actually related to the Old Ones of Cthulhu mythos.
I had the same experience with suros. I bought it from xur and then got it from the weekly nightfall 3 days later. I just bought vestments this week so expect to get it as a drop.

that being said atheon gave me the mythoclast and ship this week on hard so very happy about that. I have only the 1st phase atheon to do on hard, hoping to do that tomorrow night before bed. we shall see.

I think what I plan on doing after the reset is

nightfall

vog

vog hard

then likely going to level another character.

Damn Xur is gone already. I pulled an exotic bounty late last night and need to buy something for 1 strange coin from him to keep progressing on it.  I guess I'll be waiting until next Friday. 

Got my alt Warlock up to 20 this morning and now I can do the Raids and Nightfall twice a week for rewards with a near 30 character : D

Now if only I could get that damn helmet from Raid Hard mode I would finally be 30.. bah.

+

Hah! You should have seen the 3 of us sniping with Icebreaker in the Weekly Nightfall ;).
Lol, I get what you're saying. Seemed like everyone I was paired up with last night had an Ice Breaker.

You don't even have to look to figure it out just because it has such a unique sound to it.

Had the Archon Priest mission pop up a few times last night and it was funny to see him just stand in the middle of the field. He didn't know where to go.

I'd snipe his head and he'd turn towards me... next guy does the same and the priest turns towards him... third guy, well you get the idea. It was like an old-time shooting game where you get a hit and the guy does a 180 in the opposite direction, only in this case we turned him into a ballerina :rofl:

Rahool isn't allowed to troll players anymore so someone else has to pick up the slack!
QFT!

Damn Xur is gone already. I pulled an exotic bounty late last night and need to buy something for 1 strange coin from him to keep progressing on it. I guess I'll be waiting until next Friday.
Ditto, I gotta wait 'til he shows up again.

So I got my first legendary drop today in the daily strike mission and it was a helmet for a hunter. Too bad I am a warlock and I have no use for it.

Being level 24 is it weird that that was my first purple drop?

[quote name="ajh2298" post="12156100" timestamp="1413160606"]So I got my first legendary drop today in the daily strike mission and it was a helmet for a hunter. Too bad I am a warlock and I have no use for it.

Being level 24 is it weird that that was my first purple drop?[/quote]
Not necessarily. One theory is it may be tied to your cyprtarch rank. I've been really lucky this weekend and had three where I haven't had any for the last week or so.

Not necessarily. One theory is it may be tied to your cyprtarch rank. I've been really lucky this weekend and had three where I haven't had any for the last week or so.
Just got my cyrptarch to lvl 16 last night and all he fave me where 2 blue engrams that turned to be worthless types. Not even level 20s. Smh

[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="12156144" timestamp="1413162507"]Just got my cyrptarch to lvl 16 last night and all he fave me where 2 blue engrams that turned to be worthless types. Not even level 20s. Smh[/quote]
As a level 28 titan, when I hit 20 cryptarch he pulled the same shit. This game enjoys trolling.

ajh2298 said:
Is there a way to help pad your cyrptarch rank by chance?
The loot cave was good for that. Now you can use the loot stairs. I linked to a Polygon article about it a page or two back. You just want to pick up any engrams and that is the fastest way.

gotdott said:
what a bummer my friends list has been down since this morning and i can't seem to join any strikes
Ah, not just me then. What a strange problem. I was able to play online and bump into people. I was also able to do matchmaking strikes just fine. I either didn't see any friends or when I did I couldn't join them. I saw you on for a bit.

So I just went ahead and soloed the level 28 story with my level 26 Warlock. That was a little touch and go - needed that resurrect ability a few times.

The loot cave was good for that. Now you can use the loot stairs. I linked to a Polygon article about it a page or two back. You just want to pick up any engrams and that is the fastest way.

Ah, not just me then. What a strange problem. I was able to play online and bump into people. I was also able to do matchmaking strikes just fine. I either didn't see any friends or when I did I couldn't join them. I saw you on for a bit.

So I just went ahead and soloed the level 28 story with my level 26 Warlock. That was a little touch and go - needed that resurrect ability a few times.
Did you do the weekly on your warlock yet? I still have to do on my hunter so we could try to run through for some more coins

gotdott said:
Did you do the weekly on your warlock yet? I still have to do on my hunter so we could try to run through for some more coins
I have not. I can hop on now if you want. Just let me know (otherwise I am working on my computer). Is the Friend's list working yet?

[quote name="io" post="12156497" timestamp="1413174999"]I have not. I can hop on now if you want. Just let me know (otherwise I am working on my computer). Is the Friend's list working yet?[/quote]
I just got off and at that point it was still hit or miss. I managed to get a full fireteam but that took checking my friends list every time I went to orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back