Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks io.  We kept seeing you jump in and out, but never heard you.  I would have enjoyed running the raid with you again.  I know what it's like when a glitch sours you on a game.  PvZ Garden Warfare on the 360 did that to me and so did Kingdoms of Amalur. 

For the normal raid I got energy, shards and a chatterwhite.  For the hard Atheon cheese I got the legendary ship and shards.  Don't get me wrong, I need the shards.  But the hope of progressing now lands squarely on getting this elusive raid gear and for someone who doesn't have a ton of time to play, that's a bit of a bummer. 

Whining aside, it was a lot of fun once again with the gang!  And, once again, thanks to Got for being the squad leader. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also been having a ton of connection issues and it just seems to be with this game. Over the past week I must have had at least 10 random disconnects followed by an animal code. Hopefully it's a Destiny issue and not something wrong with my XB1 system. I have reset my router/modem every time and have done numerous hard reboots of the system itself.

I had some connection issues a few weeks ago, but things have been stable lately (Andraste be praised) now that I know Steam and Destiny don't get along on my household network.

Nothing but chatterwhite and ascendant energy for me yesterday. Kind of wish I'd hung around longer last night, but I need to wake up at 5:30 for work and my brain doesn't function properly on less than 6 hours of sleep; that was confirmed last week. I'll be on to do nightfall Thursday night if anyone else still needs that this week.

Yea, thanks for running the raid last night guys!  and thanks to gotdott for bringing the cheese on both normal and hard mode, lol.  Glad to hear that some people got some good gear at least.  I came up empty on the weapon and armor front.  Got another Sparrow and the Ship though... :X.  Sadly I am in a similar situation as Chubby, cannot progress much further without getting some random raid armor drops.  Love the game but being stonewalled like this sucks.  I guess it might be the destiny gods telling me to work on my other characters or something.

io, I was having live issues too last night.  Couldn't get the system to download the NHL 15 update that was released and therefore couldn't play the game at all.  They did start the November phase of the new dashboards preview program so I wonder if that was causing some issues.  I finally forced that update before I went to bed, but didn't get a chance to check things out this morning.  Hopefully the issues get worked out for everyone quickly.

I dont get home until late on Tuesdays so I couldnt do much. Went through Nightfall (got the legendary Vanguard sniper which I will take for now as the only weapon I want now is the Raid Sniper) and then the Raid on Normal and we tried again on Hard.

I got nothing on normal other that shard and energy. Of course I got more shards than energy and I could use far more energy but whatever hah. But yeah Hard is so freaking hard. Three of us jumped in with 3 other guys we dont play with much for Hard and it really shows. To do Hard I feel it is a necessity to do it with a group you are comfortable with and are accustomed to how everything works out as your group. Needless to say we dipped out after the 15th try on the Confluxes haha. It also boggles my mind how a whole group of only 29s can beat it on hard. That is some tough shit. Half of our team usually consists of solid 30s and we still cant. Bah.

Also, odd to see you guys were having so many issues. Granted I wasnt on until late and even then not for all that long but I didnt encounter a single issue. Weird!

I REALLY wish they would start giving me some shards instead of energy. I'll get energy 9 times out of 10 :bomb:
amen-brother.jpg

Though, I can't complain too much. I got more shards than energy last night.

I am the opposite. I feel like I keep getting shards and no energy!

So I saw the Warlock Class armor from ranking up high in the Iron Banner... Shit. I wish I had played more of the Iron Banner hahah it looks so sick! The band itself has a strong white glow and then on top of that it is on fire hahah I want it dammit! 

I dont get home until late on Tuesdays so I couldnt do much. Went through Nightfall (got the legendary Vanguard sniper which I will take for now as the only weapon I want now is the Raid Sniper) and then the Raid on Normal and we tried again on Hard.

I got nothing on normal other that shard and energy. Of course I got more shards than energy and I could use far more energy but whatever hah. But yeah Hard is so freaking hard. Three of us jumped in with 3 other guys we dont play with much for Hard and it really shows. To do Hard I feel it is a necessity to do it with a group you are comfortable with and are accustomed to how everything works out as your group. Needless to say we dipped out after the 15th try on the Confluxes haha. It also boggles my mind how a whole group of only 29s can beat it on hard. That is some tough shit. Half of our team usually consists of solid 30s and we still cant. Bah.

Also, odd to see you guys were having so many issues. Granted I wasnt on until late and even then not for all that long but I didnt encounter a single issue. Weird!
what boggles my mind is that a group was able to 3 man it on hard

i have also only ever gotten to the oracles as well after an hour of trying at the confluxes

what boggles my mind is that a group was able to 3 man it on hard

i have also only ever gotten to the oracles as well after an hour of trying at the confluxes
Yeah that is INSANE.

Like seriously they dont have anything I dont have and yet they can pump that out. makes me feel like shit that I really need to step up my game hahah

We can 3 man normal Raid but no way in hell seeing as we can't even legitimately beat Hard with 6 people!!

So off topic but kind of on topic.

Advanced Warfare is actually looking good... I havent really cared about a CoD game in a while but this one is looking pretty fun. I am worried I will get it and barely play it though because of Destiny and then the Master Chief Collection shortly afterwards...

And of you guys looking at getting the new Call of Duty?

Advanced Warfare is actually looking good... I havent really cared about a CoD game in a while but this one is looking pretty fun. I am worried I will get it and barely play it though because of Destiny and then the Master Chief Collection shortly afterwards...

I thought about it but between MCC, Far Cry and Destiny I have a feeling it'll get squeezed out.

I thought about it but between MCC, Far Cry and Destiny I have a feeling it'll get squeezed out.
I am passing on Far Cry for now myself. But yeah I definitely am getting Sunset Overdrive and then Bayonetta 2 and then Smash Bros same time as MCC

I suppose I will just gauge how much I am still enjoying Destiny now that I am pretty much totally maxed haha

Advanced warfare does look good, but I'm getting Master Chief Collection...I'm a Halo fanboy :)

I'll be on looking to do weekly heroic and nightfall tonight if anyone needs to do it...or just likes to run through random sh#t without getting rewarded ;)

I am passing on Far Cry for now myself. But yeah I definitely am getting Sunset Overdrive and then Bayonetta 2 and then Smash Bros same time as MCC

I suppose I will just gauge how much I am still enjoying Destiny now that I am pretty much totally maxed haha
I'm on the fence with Sunset Overdrive. Let me know what you think when you get it.

I'm on the fence with Sunset Overdrive. Let me know what you think when you get it.
I am on the fence as well haha but for some reason I feel the urge to buy it?

Like I look at it and I am like eh maybe? But then when I think about not getting it I am like eff that I am buying that shit. Haha

Weird.

Sucks though because I work all day and then have class right after and so I am gone from 7am-11pm on Tuesdays and so I wont be able to get the game until after work Wednesday. Good thing I will be 'sick' for Dragon Age and MCC : P

If I did it would just be to blitz through the campaign and then trade it back in. Not interested in the multi at all.

The stuff that's going to be pulling me away from Destiny is Borderlands, Dragon Age, and the new A Realm Reborn patch 2.4.

Although I did discover today that I somehow have a lot more Microsoft Points than I thought I did. Like a lot more. So I think I'll definitely be picking up the Destiny season pass despite being kind of on-the-fence about it before.

Between Destiny, MCC, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed and Costume Quest 2......there is barely room for eating and sleeping.  What a fall we're having, eh?

I think November will serve as a good "lull" in between content for Destiny. We all take a breather and then come back to get ravaged by Crota's legions... and puzzles (moar platforming?).

Really looking forward to Dragon Age, especially since if the mp sees the support/content that ME3 did.

I don't like paying more than $10 for COD but I am considering trading in my $6 copy of ghosts for the $30 credit Best Buy is offering this week...

I'm a big Halo fan so the MCC will probably be taking up most of my gaming time when it comes out.  I usually get CoD each year, fly through the campaign and trade it in.  With GCU and the $10 reward cert for preordering at BB it is pretty easy to break even there, especially considering the campaign is usually no more than 5-6 hours.  As for the other releases no interest in Sunset Overdrive, hate GTA, never really played an Assassin's Creed game so doubt I'll start now.

I think November will serve as a good "lull" in between content for Destiny. We all take a breather and then come back to get ravaged by Crota's legions... and puzzles (moar platforming?).

Really looking forward to Dragon Age, especially since if the mp sees the support/content that ME3 did.

I don't like paying more than $10 for COD but I am considering trading in my $6 copy of ghosts for the $30 credit Best Buy is offering this week...
This. I fully expect to be swept away by DA:I, but I'll be back to Destiny for the DLC. I'm already looking forward to that raid.

So the MP in Dragon Age is similar to Mass Effect? That could be interesting. I really enjoyed the ME3 co-op.
Yeah I am just as stoked for the multiplayer as I am the single player.. almost at least haha

I am worried that everything with Inquisition is looking so good. I still to this day consider DA2 one the largest gaming disappointment in history and I would hate to relive that again with this one.

If any other casual players are low-20s and looking toward the Vault of Glass in the next couple of weeks, feel free to add me on Live. I'm only in a team of two, and we want to do the raid with other VoG virgins. We're half-competent and don't take it too seriously.

[quote name="bear489" post="12177103" timestamp="1413996260"]Is anyone going to be on tonight after 7 est? Would like to beat the raid and/or either wklys.[/quote]
I'm on the road now (won't be able to reply to the thread) but should be home about 8:00/8:30. I could probably jump on tonight or tomorrow if anybody is available. Otherwise I would probably have to make it a weekend raid. And here I was thinking I might get home early tonight... :p

bear489 said:
Is anyone going to be on tonight after 7 est? Would like to beat the raid and/or either wklys.

ajh2298 said:
Looking for help tonight on the weekly after 10:00 PM est.

Thanks
I want to run the Nightfall and/or Raid. Tonight is my only free night through Saturday. And that's only if I pass off taking the kids to their swimming lessons to my wife ;).

I'll try to be on around 6:30 - 7 Pacific. We'll se if I still have connection issues. What worries me more than anything was the problems with the Party chat. That shouldn't be a Destiny-related issue.

defiance_17 said:
If any other casual players are low-20s and looking toward the Vault of Glass in the next couple of weeks, feel free to add me on Live. I'm only in a team of two, and we want to do the raid with other VoG virgins. We're half-competent and don't take it too seriously.
Low 20's would be pretty rough for the Raid. You want to be at least 26-27 before you attempt it. Since I now have THREE characters to run through it and I missed the main group yesterday I might be up for it if you need some help. That is, assuming my connection issues are sorted out today. I'm afraid to check.

Also almost soloed the weekly this morning made it about 3/4 through the bosses health bar and it threw 3 wizards and 2 knights at me and it was a little too much for me to handle by myself.

Would like to get the 3 coins from it since I already have 10. I might actually have enough to get something from Xur this weekend.

i am never going to complain about only getting ascendant mats anymore. had 50+ energy, upgraded 2 things and then realized i need 150 more to upgrade all my exotics................................wat

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to get on till 7:15 Pacific. I couldn't get out of taking the kids to swimming ;). But I'll definitely want to run the Nightfall at least, tonight.

I'll be on in half an hour if you still need one. Had I known there was the possibility of a Raid I would have tried harder to get out of swimming lesson duty ;).

But I'm getting ahead of myself - I need to see if my multiplayer works again. I'll make sure no one is on Steam this time if that is a potential conflict.

[quote name="io" post="12178593" timestamp="1414028694"]I'll be on in half an hour if you still need one. Had I known there was the possibility of a Raid I would have tried harder to get out of swimming lesson duty ;).

But I'm getting ahead of myself - I need to see if my multiplayer works again. I'll make sure no one is on Steam this time if that is a potential conflict.[/quote]
I wasn't positive I'd get home in time plus not be shot from a long day and long drive. I had a friend who has never done the raid and usually has to get off fairly early so I wanted to get him through, but he ended up leaving when we got to the labyrinth. As usual I'm willing to help anybody as needed. I learned a few more tricks tonight. :)

CAGkrazy said:
Any ps4 want to team ip for weekly and nighyfall roght now? craizieboi888
You do know there's a PS3/PS4 Destiny thread, right?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/331966-destiny-ps3ps4-official-thread/

So tonight I was able to join Sinfulfate and AngryDragon in doing the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly with my Titan. When I first joined Sinfulfate I got booted about 4 or 5 times before it settled down. Then we were able to finish the Nightfall (AngryDragon joined in then as well) and the entire Heroic without a disconnect. On the plus side, chat worked just fine but we were only doing chat within the fire team (not X1 Party - more on that later).

But then it does odd stuff like when we were all back at the tower and Sinfulfate (who was team leader) left, instead of keeping me and Dragon together it booted me to orbit saying I "left the fire team". I've gotten a lot of those messages the last 2 days which are pretty annoying when it wasn't my choice to do so. That's like when there's a glitch sale on CAG and the retailer cancels your order (understandable) but the email says you chose to cancel it (which is BS).

Later I jumped in with Broly who was bringing a lower-level character through Nightfall with a level 30 friend of his. I had no connection issues but this time I joined "Game and Party" and I still couldn't hear anything. Still, though, it was pretty satisfying to save their asses a few times, especially with the lack of communication ;). Luckily since I had done it before I knew what the tricky parts were (mainly the 3 Wizards towards the end of the door part and the spawning Shrieker at the end).

So I joined a random group to clear hard mode VoG, all the way up, to Atheon I get NOTHING but energy, I end up getting to him with like 20 Ascendant energy and like 6 Shards and I'm in such a bad mood cuz of it and just want to get it over. We are trying to cheese Atheon before the patch hits and on like the 8th attempt I finally was able to position him and knock him off.

I get the Speeder, Atheon's Epilogue, Last Word, and the Warlock helmet. Instantly changed my mood. RNGesus blessed me this week.

I got the Sunbreaker guantlets from the Nightfall so now I want to use those and not the exotic helm I got fom Xur. But that means I'd have to get the Raid helm. Is anyone else planning to cheese hard mode this week?

Though I have a better chance of getting Raid gloves for my Titan and hitting 30 with that character. I guess there will be more raid gear in the DLC raid so even if we miss out on the VoG there will be more (possibly even better) stuff to get then.

I once again tried to get my 6 together to do the raid but everybody was hung up on waiting for 1 person who clearly wasnt going to get on. We had an extra person willing to run it with us. So frustrating  :wall:  

So tonight I was able to join Sinfulfate and AngryDragon in doing the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly with my Titan. When I first joined Sinfulfate I got booted about 4 or 5 times before it settled down. Then we were able to finish the Nightfall (AngryDragon joined in then as well) and the entire Heroic without a disconnect. On the plus side, chat worked just fine but we were only doing chat within the fire team (not X1 Party - more on that later).
Yeah, I was looking for someone to do the nightfall and weekly with as well so glad I got to run through with you and sinful. I kept seeing you going in and out before I hopped in, so I assumed you were having an issue.

Sorry to Drunkz. Io and I were doing the daily story on heroic and he messaged us right at the end when we were getting swarmed by minotaurs...so I did not see your message until after. For future reference, anyone can hop into any of my games whenever they want...no need to message and ask for an invite...just hop in and start shooting. :)

Yeah, I was looking for someone to do the nightfall and weekly with as well so glad I got to run through with you and sinful. I kept seeing you going in and out before I hopped in, so I assumed you were having an issue.

Sorry to Drunkz. Io and I were doing the daily story on heroic and he messaged us right at the end when we were getting swarmed by minotaurs...so I did not see your message until after. For future reference, anyone can hop into any of my games whenever they want...no need to message and ask for an invite...just hop in and start shooting. :)
No problems, I found some people from the destinyteamfinder.com site that io posted about a few days ago. That site has been pretty key for me when I haven't been able to hook up with others from CAG so thanks for that io.

As for joining games, shouldn't I be able to join anyone on my friends list in a game if they have an open spot? I was trying to join the game with Dragon & io but everywhere I tried to join from was greyed out, from the party, from the profile page, from the in-game menu . This was even when there was that little icon next to their name in game that I thought meant it was 'joinable'. I checked some others and I could jump right in with no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back