Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool what are your gamertags so I can add you guys?
GT - DRUNKZ 27, I think I added you already when I started following this thread a few weeks ago.

I still I need to do 25 strikes for the exotic weapon bounty so I don't mind doing them whenever.

io that stinks that you are still having connection issues. I was having some issues with my isp a few months back, kept getting kicked from games online. Called them and after complaining a number of times they finally replaced replaced the modem with a newer version and I haven't had any problems since. Might be an option to try.

I maxed out my exotic and raid armor piece and am now about half way to 29. At this point I'd have to spend shards on regular legendaries to get there so not sure it is worth it now. Might conserve them and try to get my other characters up in level first since I have some exotics for them. How do you guys suggest power levelling? Just do the story missions and bounties?

If it means anything after having at least one connection issue a session I was able to play a few hours last night and a few hours today with no issues at all.

Also wont be able to play again till Saturday night if anyone wants to help me with the strikes.

Being a warlock it seems I have to find a purple bond to get the achievement. Where is the cheapest/easiest place to get one?

I don't think io is isolated in this. I've noticed more random disconnects in Destiny and party chat acting a fool lately. Perhaps the latest dashboard preview is causing some issues? Io, do you have the preview?

That or the servers are just angry.

GT - DRUNKZ 27, I think I added you already when I started following this thread a few weeks ago.

I still I need to do 25 strikes for the exotic weapon bounty so I don't mind doing them whenever.

io that stinks that you are still having connection issues. I was having some issues with my isp a few months back, kept getting kicked from games online. Called them and after complaining a number of times they finally replaced replaced the modem with a newer version and I haven't had any problems since. Might be an option to try.

I maxed out my exotic and raid armor piece and am now about half way to 29. At this point I'd have to spend shards on regular legendaries to get there so not sure it is worth it now. Might conserve them and try to get my other characters up in level first since I have some exotics for them. How do you guys suggest power levelling? Just do the story missions and bounties?
FYI weekly strikes should count as 2 towards the bounty so you could potentially run the level 22 weekly over and over if you wanted to do it faster. Nightfall should also count as 3 iirc

If it means anything after having at least one connection issue a session I was able to play a few hours last night and a few hours today with no issues at all.

Also wont be able to play again till Saturday night if anyone wants to help me with the strikes.

Being a warlock it seems I have to find a purple bond to get the achievement. Where is the cheapest/easiest place to get one?
You can buy one from the vanguard vendor for 30 marks

Oh I played with you last night...I will add you if that is cool.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I don't have a modem - I have a direct fiber optic feed from my local telephone company. It is nice and speedy and was way better than my old cable modem. It wasn't giving me problems till this week.

Fearia said:
I don't think io is isolated in this. I've noticed more random disconnects in Destiny and party chat acting a fool lately. Perhaps the latest dashboard preview is causing some issues? Io, do you have the preview? That or the servers are just angry.
I don't think I got the preview - nothing downloaded or changed as far as I can tell. But then my son uses the system too so maybe he downloaded it.

Oh I played with you last night...I will add you if that is cool.
No problem, I added you

I don't have a modem - I have a direct fiber optic feed from my local telephone company. It is nice and speedy and was way better than my old cable modem. It wasn't giving me problems till this week.

I don't think I got the preview - nothing downloaded or changed as far as I can tell. But then my son uses the system too so maybe he downloaded it.
Somehow we still don't have someone providing fiber optic out here yet. We are stuck with 2 companies that only offer cable modems. For the most part they suck and the internet is capped at 200gb, which used to seem like a lot, until the days of 50 gb game downloads plus 20 gb day one patches came around. I'm just glad forcing them to swap out the cable modem fixed the problems I was having a couple months ago. But like others have said, these recent issues with Destiny could just be attributed to the recent wonkiness that Xbox live has been experiencing.

How does everyone think they will raise the max light level when they do? Will the new raid gear just max at more than 30 light or do you think we will be able to upgrade our current gear or ?

How does everyone think they will raise the max light level when they do? Will the new raid gear just max at more than 30 light or do you think we will be able to upgrade our current gear or ?
I figured they would lift the regular level cap to 30 (or 40) and then new exotic/raid gear would push it up another 10 levels.

Would also mean that all my favorite weapons are gonna get replaced, ugh.

[quote name="aFrostyONE" post="12182523" timestamp="1414186279"]I figured they would lift the regular level cap to 30 (or 40) and then new exotic/raid gear would push it up another 10 levels.
Would also mean that all my favorite weapons are gonna get replaced, ugh.[/quote]
Rumor is the new level cap will be 32 with the DLC. Raid will start at 28 and hard on 32. That's all rumors and speculation, of course. I think by the third dlc we will be at 35 or 40.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Somehow we still don't have someone providing fiber optic out here yet. We are stuck with 2 companies that only offer cable modems. For the most part they suck and the internet is capped at 200gb, which used to seem like a lot, until the days of 50 gb game downloads plus 20 gb day one patches came around.
Yeah, my cable company started billing extra for going over just 100GB so I looked for an alternative and remembered that the local phone company had installed those fiber lines a few years before. They also have data no cap. But like I said, there is no modem, which was odd at first - it just works right out of the wall. I have that connected to a router, though, of course. So it is possible replacing that might help - but I doubt it.

We'll see - maybe using wireless it will work now. I can hope anyway ;).

aFrostyONE said:
I figured they would lift the regular level cap to 30 (or 40) and then new exotic/raid gear would push it up another 10 levels.
Would also mean that all my favorite weapons are gonna get replaced, ugh.
Whatever the new cap is, we can be sure that current gear will not scale higher. They will want people to buy (and grind) the new content to get to higher levels. That is pretty much guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so then they're just gonna increase the Light level.

Wonder how weapons will stack up then... they max at 300pts but now we'll be going up against lvl 32 baddies?

I always thought 300pt weapons were on par with lvl 30 & slightly better when facing lvl 28, but you're penalized if your own level is less than the enemies you are facing.

Rumor is the new level cap will be 32 with the DLC. Raid will start at 28 and hard on 32. That's all rumors and speculation, of course. I think by the third dlc we will be at 35 or 40.
I hope that's the case, because I'm finally at 29 and that means I can participate in the next Raid from the get go.

Quick question, when you use Motes of Light to buy that random armor piece from Xur are you guaranteed to get something for your class? Or are you taking a chance with that?

Quick question, when you use Motes of Light to buy that random armor piece from Xur are you guaranteed to get something for your class? Or are you taking a chance with that?
I heard it's a 67% chance it will be for the class you are playing when redeeming the lights. But I'm not sure how correct that is.

I've done it 3x now and only the 1st was for my class, Titan.

So I'm running about 33%  :???: ... expect it to go down to 25% by next week.

At least my warlock and yet to be made hunter will be stylin :lol:

aFrostyONE said:
I've done it 3x now and only the 1st was for my class, Titan.
So I'm running about 33% :???: ... expect it to go down to 25% by next week.

At least my warlock and yet to be made hunter will be stylin :lol:
I'm 2-for-2 (got a Titan helm for my Titan and a Warlock helm for my Warlock). Since I got an exotic Hunter chest armor from the Nightfall (using my Titan I think) I don't even need to buy another unless I get raid gear for my Hunter which is unlikely (it is my 3rd character that I just got to level 26). I'm sitting on about 41 motes right now and 30+ coins. I'll just keep saving them up.

Is anyone up for running the Raid tonight? I can get on in probably 1/2 an hour. If not I'll try randoms again but if I still can't get invites or connect to Party chat it makes that virtually impossible. I would pretty much only be able to run it with someone on my friend's list and either play silent or hope that fire team chat works on the Raid (as I can communication via that with a normal fire team, anyway).

So, you know I went through all that router crap and everything else trying to fix my connection issues.

Well, I didn't realize that resetting the Xbox One was a thing that might help - and the way to do that is to unplug it for 30 seconds. I assumed it was resetting its Internet connection and whatnot when I turned it off.

I did that and no sooner do I start up the game then I get invited by randoms in the Tower to a Raid run. Unfortunately they wanted to do Hard but I went along with it. It took them nearly an hour to find 2 more people and then we found out how ridiculously hard it really is (with the no revive being the key reason). All the BS'ing they were doing while dicking around was really annoying. I almost left a few times just to join a Normal raid and I kind of wish now that I had.

So eventually we gave up and then they were willing to run it on Normal. We got to Atheon (all I got was ascendant mats + a second Kabr's Wrath chest plate) and then for whatever reason we kept failing there.

They claimed the cheese was fixed and when they tried to do it earlier he teleported back to the middle of the platform. I don't know about that. Anyway, we almost had him beat once but then one of the usual glitches popped up and we wiped. By that point some of the guys were sick of running it. I mean, we had spent no more than an hour and half total on it which isn't too bad. A few more runs and we probably would have had it.

So, yeah, in any case I now have a save at Atheon on Normal if anyone wants to complete that with me. Or Gott, if you want to try to cheese him quickly that would be great.

By the way, they had a really easy way of cheesing the Templar with grenades. I find it hard to believe Atheon was fixed but not that (since it was in the todo notes for the next fix as well). You get the 5th chest that way too (since he never teleports). It just had more mats in it though.

So, now I've gotten two each of Kabr's Wrath and the Titan Raid boots. I need those damn gloves to drop just ONCE! I'd also be willing to run it with my Warlock (for which I have no Raid gear) and maybe even my new Hunter (though she is just at 26 now).

In any case, my Party chat and game invite issues seem to be over now. Remember that - UNPLUG the freaking Xbox One to fully reset it. Unplugging the router and/or disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the X1 does not reset these issues apparently. Damn, had I known that earlier I could have gotten in on the Hard cheese you guys did last week not to mention the normal Raid. I had a decent experience with randoms last week but this time not so much.

Feel free to add me: RADa5AURU5

I'm a level 27 Titan. Right now I'm mostly doing the daily and then jumping into Tiger Strikes to work on my Bad Juju bounty.

I want to do VOG on normal, but I'm thinking of trying to put together a team of raid-virgins so we can have the experience of figuring everything out.

Feel free to add me: RADa5AURU5

I'm a level 27 Titan. Right now I'm mostly doing the daily and then jumping into Tiger Strikes to work on my Bad Juju bounty.

I want to do VOG on normal, but I'm thinking of trying to put together a team of raid-virgins so we can have the experience of figuring everything out.
I am a level 26 warlock a few upgrades short of level 27 if you want to add me to that list. I can only game on Friday and Saturday nights for the next few weeks because if my work schedule.

[quote name="io" post="12183434" timestamp="1414228485"]So, you know I went through all that router crap and everything else trying to fix my connection issues.

Well, I didn't realize that resetting the Xbox One was a thing that might help - and the way to do that is to unplug it for 30 seconds. I assumed it was resetting its Internet connection and whatnot when I turned it off.

I did that and no sooner do I start up the game then I get invited by randoms in the Tower to a Raid run. Unfortunately they wanted to do Hard but I went along with it. It took them nearly an hour to find 2 more people and then we found out how ridiculously hard it really is (with the no revive being the key reason). All the BS'ing they were doing while dicking around was really annoying. I almost left a few times just to join a Normal raid and I kind of wish now that I had.

So eventually we gave up and then they were willing to run it on Normal. We got to Atheon (all I got was ascendant mats + a second Kabr's Wrath chest plate) and then for whatever reason we kept failing there.

They claimed the cheese was fixed and when they tried to do it earlier he teleported back to the middle of the platform. I don't know about that. Anyway, we almost had him beat once but then one of the usual glitches popped up and we wiped. By that point some of the guys were sick of running it. I mean, we had spent no more than an hour and half total on it which isn't too bad. A few more runs and we probably would have had it.

So, yeah, in any case I now have a save at Atheon on Normal if anyone wants to complete that with me. Or Gott, if you want to try to cheese him quickly that would be great.

By the way, they had a really easy way of cheesing the Templar with grenades. I find it hard to believe Atheon was fixed but not that (since it was in the todo notes for the next fix as well). You get the 5th chest that way too (since he never teleports). It just had more mats in it though.

So, now I've gotten two each of Kabr's Wrath and the Titan Raid boots. I need those damn gloves to drop just ONCE! I'd also be willing to run it with my Warlock (for which I have no Raid gear) and maybe even my new Hunter (though she is just at 26 now).

In any case, my Party chat and game invite issues seem to be over now. Remember that - UNPLUG the freaking Xbox One to fully reset it. Unplugging the router and/or disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the X1 does not reset these issues apparently. Damn, had I known that earlier I could have gotten in on the Hard cheese you guys did last week not to mention the normal Raid. I had a decent experience with randoms last week but this time not so much.[/quote]
I assumed you did that so I never suggested it... :p You actually don't even need to unplug it. Just hold the Xbox button (light?) on the console until it shuts off (about 10-15 seconds I believe) then wait a bit and turn it back on. That will do a full shutdown.

I was watching for you to come on since I knew you wanted to test some things, but never saw you sign on.

Yeah, I told my buddies I would raid with them last night even though I have already done it. We started with 5 people and the 6th person was supposed to be hopping in "any minute", but he never showed up. I would have given you an invite Io but these guys friend was supposedly jumping in. You did not miss much anyway, we only got to the Templar fight with 5 people. One guy insisted on sitting up on the ledge just before you jump down and tried to snipe people. That was really (<<sarcasm) helpful while the 4 of us where down in the shit :) Anyway they quit out after we wiped on the Templar fight a few times...fine by me be cuz I was not going to get anything anyway.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10242014/en/News/News?aid=12318

Updates to Iron Banner

tl;dr

• easier bounties, faster rep gain
  • losses give you tokens that give you bonus rep when you win
  • rewards include level 30 armor
  • levels will matter slightly more
  • max rank is now 5
  • minimum level for entry - fireteam leader has to be 20+
  • you can re-roll stats on Iron Banner gear using motes
So I might be able to get the missing armor pieces I need by playing a crap-ton of mp during iron banner then? I guess that is a better option than hoping for a random drop, unless the only way to get the 30 armor is from a random drop after an iron banner match? Or will it be purchasable after you hit a high enough reputation level?

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10242014/en/News/News?aid=12318

Updates to Iron Banner

tl;dr

• easier bounties, faster rep gain
  • losses give you tokens that give you bonus rep when you win
  • rewards include level 30 armor
  • levels will matter slightly more
  • max rank is now 5
  • minimum level for entry - fireteam leader has to be 20+
  • you can re-roll stats on Iron Banner gear using motes
Don't know how I missed the lvl 30 armor part (it's even highlighted)... smh.

At least this looks like a good way to get me into Iron Banner. I've been have @$$ luck getting ANY armor from VoG.

But also can't help and think...

ackbarTrap02s_zps3f0d0cf4.jpg

They said it's only two armor pieces, not a full set so who knows

Anyway guys even if Xur is selling a piece you already have, go check it out for the stat values - best example is this week's Armamentarium titan chest has a 25-30 higher discipline rating than when it was previously on sale. I sharded the one I had and bought this one for an upgrade.

I may buy that armor even though I don't need it now for my Titan. It just has some awesome features (extra grenade being the key one).

Gott - are you around at all this afternoon/evening to try to cheese the end of the Raid with me? Like I said I have a save right at Atheon (on Normal). I figured you were a pro at this and we could do it in 10-20 minutes. I will be available from 2:30-5 Pacific and again much later tonight (probably too late for most of you). Late tonight I might try another randoms raid with my Warlock. I just dread the platforming part since I'm always the one left behind trying to jump across (and that is much harder with my Warlock than my Titan).

I may buy that armor even though I don't need it now for my Titan. It just has some awesome features (extra grenade being the key one).
That chest armor is sweet. I'm 2 coins shy of getting another for my 2nd titan. One less piece to swap back and forth and the extra ammo perks are always nice.

aFrostyONE said:
That chest armor is sweet. I'm 2 coins shy of getting another for my 2nd titan. One less piece to swap back and forth and the extra ammo perks are always nice.
The problem is that if I do ever get the Raid gloves, I'll need to use my current Exotic helm to hit level 30. If, somehow, I manage to get the Raid helm from a hard mode cheese or something, then perhaps I could switch to the chest armor. But then if you think about the level cap going up, we'll need all new gear for that anyway so I'm not sure there is a point to getting it. Then again, I do have 41 coins right now.

So once again, what is the big deal about Suros Regime? One guy was ranting about it during our Raid last night and saying that if everyone had that we'd have been able to finish it easily. I mean, it is seems nice if you just have a regular legendary non-elemental auto rifle. But I can't see how it beats Atheon's Epilogue or Vision of Confluence (scout rifle with solar damage - this is what I used in the Raid).

I'm trying to decide if I should be buying one while I can, or if I should pass...

The problem is that if I do ever get the Raid gloves, I'll need to use my current Exotic helm to hit level 30. If, somehow, I manage to get the Raid helm from a hard mode cheese or something, then perhaps I could switch to the chest armor. But then if you think about the level cap going up, we'll need all new gear for that anyway so I'm not sure there is a point to getting it. Then again, I do have 41 coins right now.

So once again, what is the big deal about Suros Regime? One guy was ranting about it during our Raid last night and saying that if everyone had that we'd have been able to finish it easily. I mean, it is seems nice if you just have a regular legendary non-elemental auto rifle. But I can't see how it beats Atheon's Epilogue or Vision of Confluence (scout rifle with solar damage - this is what I used in the Raid).

I'm trying to decide if I should be buying one while I can, or if I should pass...
For me it's just sooo freeing having that 2nd grenade. The only thing that'll suck for me is if I get raid chest armor first.

I have a maxed exotic helm that I could pair up but really prefer to run with Armamentarium.

And Suros is really great, but over-hyped like so many other weapons... like Ice Breaker (though pulling off the combustion shot with Ice Breaker DOES live up to the hype).

I've only used Suros for a few hours, but right away you notice the difference. It acts more like a fully automatic scout rifle, with a higher rate of fire. It fires staight (instead of spraying bullets), with good range and the impact hit really does help. Plus I was able to feather the trigger to pull off headshots with ease. So you end up with a gun that can provide precision and power.

Only hate that I have to unequip Ice Breaker to use it.

I also have Atheon's Epilogue and it's maxed out. But the gun just lacks oomph, and the nerf took away those magical headshots you used to get. At least you get that monster ammo reserve with AE

Gott - are you around at all this afternoon/evening to try to cheese the end of the Raid with me? Like I said I have a save right at Atheon (on Normal). I figured you were a pro at this and we could do it in 10-20 minutes. I will be available from 2:30-5 Pacific and again much later tonight (probably too late for most of you). Late tonight I might try another randoms raid with my Warlock. I just dread the platforming part since I'm always the one left behind trying to jump across (and that is much harder with my Warlock than my Titan).
I've been getting zebra'd every 30 minutes or so last couple of days so I haven't stayed on very long. That said we should get a few more in the group so that you guys can go in and kill the oracles for the buff - that way I don't have to run around and wait for my grenades to cooldown if I mess up

[quote name="gotdott" post="12184334" timestamp="1414277048"]I've been getting zebra'd every 30 minutes or so last couple of days so I haven't stayed on very long. That said we should get a few more in the group so that you guys can go in and kill the oracles for the buff - that way I don't have to run around and wait for my grenades to cooldown if I mess up[/quote]
I might be able to help with that later on. I also have to do the strike for the last part of my thorn bounty if anyone is available.

I bought suros. I like it because it has high impact and is fairly accurate. I do feel like as far as the raid goes you are better off using Atheon's.

Well I ended up using my Motes of Light on the random exotic armore piece from Xur and I lucked out and got the Sunbreakers for my Warlock who is now level 27.

Well I ended up using my Motes of Light on the random exotic armore piece from Xur and I lucked out and got the Sunbreakers for my Warlock who is now level 27.
I probably would have done that too, but I got Sunbreakers from the Nightfall'

So I went in with some randoms on the Raid this afternoon with my warlock . Few, if any, had finished if before. We spent two hours and just made it to the Gstekeeper part before Atheon. I am having the worst luck on drops for that char. I got ALL mats to that point.

So now I have one save at Atheon and one right before. If anyone wants to finish those off with me late tonight or tomorrow I would appreciate it.

I'd also really like to cheese hard mode if anyone has a save. If I could get the helm for my Titan I could use raft exotic armor I bought from Xur.

Damn iPhone autocorrect. I'm writing this from a corner of the Homecoming dance I am chaperoning tonight. And neither of my kids went anyway :bomb:

HELL YEAH!

I just cheesed Atheon with my Sunsinger. I found a group with the gatekeeper save so I could continue my raid from earlier. They were having a lot of trouble with people getting booted out so it took a while just to get through the initial portal/relic phase.

And then the guy who was leading us was positioning Atheon and having me and another Sunsinger try to attack him. But the portal team kept screwing up (we found out about 10 tries in that they were forgetting the first oracle). Eventually the guy leading us said screw it and left. They wanted to get another but I told them to forget it since his part wasn't necessary anyway. So I just went up there myself and after a few tries with the portal team screwing up they finally did it and we got him first try with the grenades.

The amazing thing about it was that the positioning was horrible. I almost told them to wipe but figured we'd give it a shot anyway since the portal team had finally made it through. He was practically in the middle of the platform up there - nowhere near the edge. But much to my surprise he kept backing up further and further. He actually went off the far right side of that edge (as we were facing it). I thought you had to get him near the stairs.

I recorded it so check it out if you can. This is the first time I ever told my Xbox to record a clip. Is that only viewable on the Xbox One, or can you download it somehow to view on PC?

So... The bad part is that from the Gatekeeper checkpoint I got energy, and from Atheon I got shards and my 3rd Chatterwhite. I mean, seriously, they shouldn't give that to you if you are WEARING it at the time :bomb:.

So I have yet to get a single armor piece for my Warlock from 3 full raids.

Gott - I still want to do the end cheese on Atheon on my Titan. That save is right at the end. Maybe I'll get lucky and get gloves from that, though I somehow doubt it. Maybe Sunday some time? I guess we really only need 4 people (3 for portal, and Gott doing the cheesing). I'll be around all day so just let me know here on CAG and I'll try to get on (after 2-3 Pacific at least though).

Edit: OK, I looked up how to get the clip onto OneDrive and then share it. Let's see if this works:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F5436A52761880D4!2259

A couple of things I noticed: I guess he wasn't as far out in the middle as I thought. Still, though, I always thought you had to get him on the other side of that pillar and he isn't anywhere near that. Also, I probably only lasted as long as I did to be able to knock him off out in the open like that because of the other guy (who drew his fire and got killed). Also, I noticed that of the 5 people, only one got non-Chatterwhite (Vision of Confluence). That clip recorded pretty perfectly though - starts right at the cheesing and ends with the rewards. That's just the way it came out. Anyway, it is nowhere near the legend of Gott and his pre-portal hard mode cheesing, but it was pretty satisfying for me in any case (despite the "rewards").

[quote name="io" post="12184992" timestamp="1414314383"]HELL YEAH!

I just cheesed Atheon with my Sunsinger. I found a group with the gatekeeper save so I could continue my raid from earlier. They were having a lot of trouble with people getting booted out so it took a while just to get through the initial portal/relic phase.

And then the guy who was leading us was positioning Atheon and having me and another Sunsinger try to attack him. But the portal team kept screwing up (we found out about 10 tries in that they were forgetting the first oracle). Eventually the guy leading us said screw it and left. They wanted to get another but I told them to forget it since his part wasn't necessary anyway. So I just went up there myself and after a few tries with the portal team screwing up they finally did it and we got him first try with the grenades.

The amazing thing about it was that the positioning was horrible. I almost told them to wipe but figured we'd give it a shot anyway since the portal team had finally made it through. He was practically in the middle of the platform up there - nowhere near the edge. But much to my surprise he kept backing up further and further. He actually went off the far right side of that edge (as we were facing it). I thought you had to get him near the stairs.

I recorded it so check it out if you can. This is the first time I ever told my Xbox to record a clip. Is that only viewable on the Xbox One, or can you download it somehow to view on PC?

So... The bad part is that from the Gatekeeper checkpoint I got energy, and from Atheon I got shards and my 3rd Chatterwhite. I mean, seriously, they shouldn't give that to you if you are WEARING it at the time :bomb:.

So I have yet to get a single armor piece for my Warlock from 3 full raids.

Gott - I still want to do the end cheese on Atheon on my Titan. That save is right at the end. Maybe I'll get lucky and get gloves from that, though I somehow doubt it. Maybe Sunday some time? I guess we really only need 4 people (3 for portal, and Gott doing the cheesing). I'll be around all day so just let me know here on CAG and I'll try to get on (after 2-3 Pacific at least though).

Edit: OK, I looked up how to get the clip onto OneDrive and then share it. Let's see if this works:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F5436A52761880D4!2259

A couple of things I noticed: I guess he wasn't as far out in the middle as I thought. Still, though, I always thought you had to get him on the other side of that pillar and he isn't anywhere near that. Also, I probably only lasted as long as I did to be able to knock him off out in the open like that because of the other guy (who drew his fire and got killed). Also, I noticed that of the 5 people, only one got non-Chatterwhite (Vision of Confluence). That clip recorded pretty perfectly though - starts right at the cheesing and ends with the rewards. That's just the way it came out. Anyway, it is nowhere near the legend of Gott and his pre-portal hard mode cheesing, but it was pretty satisfying for me in any case (despite the "rewards").[/quote]
The best positioning is between the two pillars, but closer to the back one. If you get him too close to the stairs he will just walk down them rather than backing off the edge. If you can get the oracles taken care of it is pretty easy to push him even if he isn't right on the edge.

Oh my. I created new Titan and Warlock characters yesterday, and did a public event for each one, and both received an Ascendant Energy in their daily care package, at level ~5. For some reason I had assumed that alt characters wouldn't be able to get legendary materials until they were level 18 (I guess I was thinking of marks). I should have been doing this much earlier!

Oh my. I created new Titan and Warlock characters yesterday, and did a public event for each one, and both received an Ascendant Energy in their daily care package, at level ~5. For some reason I had assumed that alt characters wouldn't be able to get legendary materials until they were level 18 (I guess I was thinking of marks). I should have been doing this much earlier!
Yeah I am running 3 characters right now. Just maxed my voidwalker for the achievement but I have a long way to go on my Striker.

So Raptr says I have played 145 hour of Destiny but I need to play another 594 hours to be #1. That is just insane.

That Titan punch video is awesome but it just shows me how much nicer the game looks on the next gen systems.

I might try to get on soon if anyone wants to cheese Atheon with me.

Edit: I tried to solo it with my Titan and I can get damn close. With my one grenade I can get him with one foot nearly off but I need a second grenade to finish him. I bought the Armamentarium armor from Xur which grants a second grenade but I didn't have it upgraded yet to get the second one. So I spent some time doing bounties to try to buff that up.

I'll keep working on that but I feel like with just need one more person to help we could do it really easily. I'll be on in a bit so anyone feel free to join me and we can try to cheese him. I don't expect it to take more than 5-10 minutes.

Moose - you were the only one I saw online but it looked like you were doing strikes and patrols with some other friends.

anyone wants to add me to play on x1 sometime my gt is the red worm

I'm a 29 titan and I like to punch things

I'm really hoping for the pve buff to my mythoclast this week.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back