Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="io" post="12186353" timestamp="1414368347"]I might try to get on soon if anyone wants to cheese Atheon with me.

Edit: I tried to solo it with my Titan and I can get damn close. With my one grenade I can get him with one foot nearly off but I need a second grenade to finish him. I bought the Armamentarium armor from Xur which grants a second grenade but I didn't have it upgraded yet to get the second one. So I spent some time doing bounties to try to buff that up.

I'll keep working on that but I feel like with just need one more person to help we could do it really easily. I'll be on in a bit so anyone feel free to join me and we can try to cheese him. I don't expect it to take more than 5-10 minutes.

Moose - you were the only one I saw online but it looked like you were doing strikes and patrols with some other friends.[/quote]
Sorry, didn't see your message until now. I would have gladly helped. A couple friends offered to help me finish my thorn bounty. That special strike was a bitch. Did you manage to get him? I have seen a video of a titian actually punching him off. Not familiar with titan perks so I couldn't tell you what he was using.

Gotdott, did you manage to finish your bounty? I didn't happen to see you on when I was on today, but if you need help with the strike I'll give it a shot.

Renegade Moose said:
Sorry, didn't see your message until now. I would have gladly helped. A couple friends offered to help me finish my thorn bounty. That special strike was a bitch. Did you manage to get him? I have seen a video of a titian actually punching him off. Not familiar with titan perks so I couldn't tell you what he was using.
I've been trying to upgrade my new Exotic armor piece so I get the second grenade. With that I think I have a chance to solo it.

I'll be on again in a bit if anyone wants to help - or maybe tomorrow.

i wasn't on for very long today - had a headache and didn't feel well playing more than in short spurts. i should be on usual times tomorrow after work.

that said it's sunday night, what is everyone's avail this week for raids? the nightfall will most likely be nexus again following the previous rotation which will be rough - hopefully there is no void or solar modifier (minotaurs and hobgoblins respectively).

Last edited by a moderator:
So destinypublicevents.com is a life saver! Helps me get that bounty done in no time and also gets me some quick ascendant materials.

On the topic of materials, goddamn do I hate farming. I've done the farming in MMOs but this experience is just way worse, especially on Mars. Maybe it's just me but I think they need to up the node spawn rate for relic iron, I have almost over 100 of every resource and I'm struggling to get 20 relic iron.

Also they should let us trade in our class armor materials and weapon parts, I don't need 700 weapon parts and 1100 hadronic essence. Also energy and shards should be tradeable at a vendor 1 for 1, all my armor is maxed already because I only have 4 pieces where as I have like 20 weapons that I am trying to upgrade but only 18 energy at 18 energy per 1 maxed out weapon. Thanks Bungie.

Yeah, the different armor parts for each class is a pain. I have plenty for my Titan, and enough for my Warlock, but none for my new Hunter. I've been buying the green armor from the Vanguard vendor and breaking it down. Then I've been using the items that give glimmer from enemies (did that for the first time today). I guess since I had frequently maxed at 25,000 glimmer (and kept buying ammo packs when I hit the cap) doing it this way isn't too bad. But I'm buying 400 and 470 glimmer armors and generally getting one sapphire wire each (sometimes 2). That gets pretty expensive when you have multiple upgrades that require 25 each. I have 62 ascendant shards banked - so what is holding me back are the stupid wires! Just being able to trade the other types in for these would be so much nicer.

In other news, I cheesed Atheon by myself tonight!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F5436A52761880D4!2271

This, of course, was much harder than last night since I didn't have a team to go into the portal and get the unlimited grenades. I had to get him with just 2 grenades (thanks to Xur's armor which I had to grind today to upgrade to get the 2nd grenade unlocked). When I failed I had to wipe a time or two in between tries (it took me 15-20 tries) to regenerate them.

So that puts me much closer to Gott's level. I mean, if I can do it pre-portal, I can do it on Hard mode as well - just have to be a bit more careful about taking shots from him then.

The rewards this time were much better than with my Warlock last night (which was Chatterwhite and 2 shards). This time I got Chatterwhite, Atheon's Epilogue, and of all things, Icebreaker. So now I have 3 Icebreakers. I guess each character can have one so I don't have to swap around so much. And I already have a maxed Atheon's Epilogue which I don't use anyway (I've been using Vision of Confluence). I would have liked another Raid ship, maybe, instead of my FOURTH Chatterwhite, but whatever... This was more about just doing the cheesing solo than any rewards - though I just want some damn Raid gloves!

I need those gloves to hit 30 since I'm not going to be getting crap for armor from the revamped Iron Banner. I played my first ever multiplayer shooter round (except for dabbling in Star Wars Battlefront on the PS2 many years ago) when Broly brought me into a Control match after we ran the Heroic story mission. I managed to get a few kills, but my KD was like .15. And I don't get what people were complaining about with respect to rewards going to the losers - only the top 2 or 3 people got anything, and I got squat. So, yeah, I'm never doing that again ;).

gotdott said:
i wasn't on for very long today - had a headache and didn't feel well playing more than in short spurts. i should be on usual times tomorrow after work.

that said it's sunday night, what is everyone's avail this week for raids? the nightfall will most likely be nexus again following the previous rotation which will be rough - hopefully there is no void or solar modifier (minotaurs and hobgoblins respectively).
Oh yeah, are we good for Tuesday on the Raid? That is better for me than Weds.

And just wanted to thank Gott for inviting me into the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly at the very last stage so my underpowered Hunter could get both of those done this week (I got my first legendary shotgun from the Nightfall). For the Heroic I dropped in with just one more hit left on the boss and it was over in seconds - by far the easiest strike I've ever done ;).

[quote name="io" post="12187037" timestamp="1414394074"]Oh yeah, are we good for Tuesday on the Raid? That is better for me than Weds.

And just wanted to thank Gott for inviting me into the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly at the very last stage so my underpowered Hunter could get both of those done this week (I got my first legendary shotgun from the Nightfall). For the Heroic I dropped in with just one more hit left on the boss and it was over in seconds - by far the easiest strike I've ever done ;).[/quote]
Tuesday should work for me.

Damn. I was gone since Thursday and tried to catch up on the thread but I am way too busy in the office right now.

Saw the Iron Banner update and not sure how I feel about it. If it is something to earn I will be okay with it. If it is completely effing random like every other Crucible match then that is total garbage. Also this will probably make my 30 not as special anymore haha

Sorry for sucking it up in the daily event last night io. I just got back to my place and unpacked and then booted up Destiny as I was half asleep and too lazy to go grab my mic even hahah

[quote name="bear489" post="12187431" timestamp="1414420739"]what time Tuesday? Anyone want to do a last min raid? Want to take my alt titan through.[/quote]
I should be available by 7. The earlier the better. If we can still cheese atheon and the templar it should go quick.

Damn. I was gone since Thursday and tried to catch up on the thread but I am way too busy in the office right now.

Saw the Iron Banner update and not sure how I feel about it. If it is something to earn I will be okay with it. If it is completely effing random like every other Crucible match then that is total garbage. Also this will probably make my 30 not as special anymore haha

Sorry for sucking it up in the daily event last night io. I just got back to my place and unpacked and then booted up Destiny as I was half asleep and too lazy to go grab my mic even hahah
If you think about the hundreds of thousands of times Atheon has been cheesed over the last month+, level 30 lost its value a long time ago ;)

I mean just think about how many 30s there would actually be with current drop rate if the vex had gone back in time and implemented baby bumpers at launch

Oh yeah, are we good for Tuesday on the Raid? That is better for me than Weds.

And just wanted to thank Gott for inviting me into the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly at the very last stage so my underpowered Hunter could get both of those done this week (I got my first legendary shotgun from the Nightfall). For the Heroic I dropped in with just one more hit left on the boss and it was over in seconds - by far the easiest strike I've ever done ;).
Yea we'll usually invite someone at the boss because it's easier to solo or two man through most of the strike (easier mobs). Though less willing to solo recently due to all the Bungie zebras rampaging across the servers.

If you think about the hundreds of thousands of times Atheon has been cheesed over the last month+, level 30 lost its value a long time ago ;)

I mean just think about how many 30s there would actually be with current drop rate if the vex had gone back in time and implemented baby bumpers at launch
Gah, true. Then have them implement something new and even more difficult for us. My team has been destroying the Raid forever now since the beginning and have earned our shit and so give us something new to go even higher than 30 that forces us to utilize our spot on team work and skill! Seriously I have beaten the Raid over 25 times now and have lost count at that point.. Rather than making it easier to hit 30 for others then give me another way to show my skill. Bah. I am just antsy and want the DLC now hahaha

I think it's better this way because then there's more variation in '30' gear. Otherwise everyone just looks exactly the same in the end game. The Iron Banner gear will most likely be locked behind rank 5 - ranks will reset every time for future Iron Banners (after this coming one) so people will have to 'earn' it.

So destinypublicevents.com is a life saver! Helps me get that bounty done in no time and also gets me some quick ascendant materials.

On the topic of materials, goddamn do I hate farming. I've done the farming in MMOs but this experience is just way worse, especially on Mars. Maybe it's just me but I think they need to up the node spawn rate for relic iron, I have almost over 100 of every resource and I'm struggling to get 20 relic iron.
Relic Iron, is actually pretty easy to get if you follow this:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/01/destiny-easy-relic-iron-farming

I think it's better this way because then there's more variation in '30' gear. Otherwise everyone just looks exactly the same in the end game. The Iron Banner gear will most likely be locked behind rank 5 - ranks will reset every time for future Iron Banners (after this coming one) so people will have to 'earn' it.
I suppose that is true.

I have not heard which two armor pieces they will provide however? I doubt they will choose helmet since that is Hard mode exclusive so it will likely a combination of either the Chest, Gauntlets or Legs.

I would prefer gauntlets and a chest piece personally hah

Is the Iron Banner something that you can just join a random group with like regular crucible?

I am tired of doing daily bounties but I would like to get some gear or at least a legendary primary.

AHHH!!! Xbox One system's for $350 and the bundle sets are included as well.  If I can find it, the Sunset OD bundle will be mine.

Now if only Bungie would do me a BIG solid and allow character progression to carry over to any console (you know they can do it). 

I'll buy another copy of the game just to avoid starting over.  #wishuponastar

AHHH!!! Xbox One system's for $350 and the bundle sets are included as well. If I can find it, the Sunset OD bundle will be mine.

Now if only Bungie would do me a BIG solid and allow character progression to carry over to any console (you know they can do it).

I'll buy another copy of the game just to avoid starting over. #wishuponastar
I would shit bricks if there were a way to carry over from X1 to PS4.

I never play Ps4 because my time is devoted to my X1 characters so I rarely play with my buddies who have ps4s.

There is no way that will every happen though haha

[quote name="aFrostyONE" post="12187925" timestamp="1414431592"]AHHH!!! Xbox One system's for $350 and the bundle sets are included as well. If I can find it, the Sunset OD bundle will be mine.

I'll buy another copy of the game just to avoid starting over. #wishuponastar[/quote]
My guess is that holdup isn't on Bungie's end... But then again GTA proves it can happen.

My guess is that holdup isn't on Bungie's end... But then again GTA proves it can happen.
That is strictly from last gen to next gen crossing though, just like Diablo 3 UEE. If Destiny were to do it it would be a free for all all across the 360, x1, ps3 and ps4 which seems very unlikely.

Though as I always argue having that would spur more sales because especially with people like me who would like to play with friends on both they are more likely to get doubled up sales that way.

I would shit bricks if there were a way to carry over from X1 to PS4.

I never play Ps4 because my time is devoted to my X1 characters so I rarely play with my buddies who have ps4s.

There is no way that will every happen though haha
Yeah, I'm sure the contract they signed with Sony pretty much squashed that option. Even if it's not in writing, I doubt Bungie wants to burn those bridges, let alone be known for that.

Now Destiny 2.0 could have it... just depends on how much Sony & MS value Destiny at that point. Imagine if MS paid Bungie a buttload of money to allow PS to Xbox transfers...

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12187994" timestamp="1414432888"]That is strictly from last gen to next gen crossing though, just like Diablo 3 UEE. If Destiny were to do it it would be a free for all all across the 360, x1, ps3 and ps4 which seems very unlikely.

Though as I always argue having that would spur more sales because especially with people like me who would like to play with friends on both they are more likely to get doubled up sales that way.[/quote]
The setup is a little different too. In the case of GTA your character is tied to your social club account. From what I can tell your character is tied to your Live or PSN account. Wouldn't be hard to set it up so you'd have to create a bungie.net account to transfer, but it is one more thing that would need to be implemented.

I should be available by 7. The earlier the better. If we can still cheese atheon and the templar it should go quick.
7 Eastern? That's really early for me (4 pm) but I might be able to do it. Let me know if that's what you guys are doing though, since I normally wouldn't be playing then (but I will monitor CAG).

Anyone planning to take a break from Destiny sometime this week to test out Sunset Overdrive?

As excited as I am to try it out, it really is just getting me more and more stoked for the Master Chief Collection because it means if Sunset Overdrive is out, then we are that much closer to the MCC!!!!!

[quote name="io" post="12188561" timestamp="1414443670"]7 Eastern? That's really early for me (4 pm) but I might be able to do it. Let me know if that's what you guys are doing though, since I normally wouldn't be playing then (but I will monitor CAG).[/quote]
I always forget time zones. 7 central.

I might get Sunset later. There's just too many games I want in November and not enough budget for all of them.

I always forget time zones. 7 central. I might get Sunset later. There's just too many games I want in November and not enough budget for all of them.
So that's 5 for me. OK, I'll try to get on then. Tuesdays work for me because as far as I can recall at this time there are no kid classes that evening...

As for Sunset Overdrive, I have it preordered at the Microsoft Store. I got it (along with Master Chief Collection, Star Wars Battlefront, and another game I can't remember. Edit: found the receipt and it is Halo 5) from that awesome trade-in deal they had this summer. For those who don't know: they took any 5 Wii/PS3/360 games for $10 each towards preorders. So I traded stuff that was essentially worthless (like NBA Live 07) and only had to pay $10 out of pocket. The rest is on gift cards that you are supposed to use when picking up the game. I only did Sunset Overdrive because I couldn't think of anything else. I'm not sure if I'll bother or if I'll just cancel it and get my $10 back (and then use the $50 gift cards on who knows what since I never shop at the MS store). Also, picking up the game means driving to the Mall, which I don't want to do this week.

I'll have to check out reviews. If it is getting rave reviews maybe I'll get it and try it out - can always sell it or trade it in later. I'd also get it if my son had any interest. But get this, he's 14 and has totally lost interest in all video games it seems. It was because of him that I got Destiny on the Xbox One (otherwise I'd be on PS4 or probably not even have it at all at this point). He played it for like the first week and now just gets annoyed when I play (since I'm using his Netflix box for it). Even though he was a big Halo fanboy I'm not sure he'll be all that interested in MCC either.

bear489 said:
Oops I thought 7est. Oh well, I'm on now and got a friend that hasn't done the raid before that wants in.
Well, we were talking tomorrow after the reset in any case.

I could run through it tonight on my Hunter. But she's only level 27 so that isn't ideal (especially since I'm not as used to her moves - don't think I'd ever be able to jump the chasm with her for example!). Of course I do have fully-upgraded weapons to use, so there is that. If you absolutely need another let me know and I can hop on.

gotdott said:
tomorrow i'll probably be on after 8 est - going to try to do nightfall first and will be ready for a raid by 9 probably
If you have a spot I'll run Nightfall with you then. You said it would be Nexus? Can you just stay up top on that one? I've done that on the Vanguard playlists and you just have to periodically deal with a heavily armored minotaur up top but if all 3 people are there and save their supers it shouldn't be too hard. Then you just snipe the thing down below. Or is that a different one? The strikes all run together in my mind ;).

Well, we were talking tomorrow after the reset in any case.

I could run through it tonight on my Hunter. But she's only level 27 so that isn't ideal (especially since I'm not as used to her moves - don't think I'd ever be able to jump the chasm with her for example!). Of course I do have fully-upgraded weapons to use, so there is that. If you absolutely need another let me know and I can hop on.

If you have a spot I'll run Nightfall with you then. You said it would be Nexus? Can you just stay up top on that one? I've done that on the Vanguard playlists and you just have to periodically deal with a heavily armored minotaur up top but if all 3 people are there and save their supers it shouldn't be too hard. Then you just snipe the thing down below. Or is that a different one? The strikes all run together in my mind ;).
Well depending on the burn it might mean an instant wipe ;)

Also that fucker is like a T-1000 and wont stop coming back

[quote name="gotdott" post="12188955" timestamp="1414451414"]Well depending on the burn it might mean an instant wipe ;)

Also that fucker is like a T-1000 and wont stop coming back[/quote]

You can always hide behind the wall/cave down at the bottom right after you drop. Nexus is pretty hard to solo but not impossible.

^ I've never gone there. When I do that one normally I just go to the right side under the overhang and behind the pillars. You get Vex spawning on both sides but if there are 2 of you there, you can usually handle them (at level 24 or below at least). I figure Nightfall and level 28 Weekly Heroic is a whole different ballgame though.

gotdott said:
Well depending on the burn it might mean an instant wipe ;)

Also that fucker is like a T-1000 and wont stop coming back
Well, yeah, I was wondering how much harder it would be. I'm pretty sure I did it at the level 24 Vanguard Tiger (?) and we just stayed up there. It was just 2 of us, also, since the 3rd guy went down to the floor. That wasn't too bad. But yeah, level 28 and the modifiers could make it tough.

Anyone planning to take a break from Destiny sometime this week to test out Sunset Overdrive?

As excited as I am to try it out, it really is just getting me more and more stoked for the Master Chief Collection because it means if Sunset Overdrive is out, then we are that much closer to the MCC!!!!!
I'll probably take some time off of it based on how the loot drops on the raid treat me. If I get shut out of anything that can help me weapon or armor-wise, it will be a pretty easy to take some time off. I actually didn't play much over the weekend anyways.

Also I decided to put $5 on sunset today. Needed to reup GCU for a couple more years and figure I can dump Sunset next week for about what I paid for it if it is not for me. I'll probably do the same with CoD next week since I'll be playing Halo when it comes out.

tomorrow i'll probably be on after 8 est - going to try to do nightfall first and will be ready for a raid by 9 probably
I usually get on between 8 and 830 eastern so if you guys want to run nightfall first and then raid I'm down to do that.

If we need to go later that's fine. I just like doing it earlier because we don't need to overflow to another night and I don't need to worry about being tired at work the next day. ;-)

Weekly is Nexus. Just has Void Burn, which makes the boss a pain.

However, I was able to solo the Heroic Weekly (at 28). For the 3 servitor part I just stayed mostly near the beginning tunnel and sniped everything.

Then at the boss I died a few times trying to find a spot. I don't know where this cave is supposed to be, but I tried hiding up on the rocks that are just down and to the right. You can sort of hide in the corner there but the splash damage from the boss can still kill you. Plus you can barely get any shots off.

So after a few tries I went with staying up at the beginning. There is still a shielded/yellow Minotaur there but he isn't all that tough. I was able to take him down quickly each time he spawned with my Atheon's Epilogue (I think his shield is purple so the Void Burn helps there). Getting shots at the boss was still tough, though, since it shoots almost continuously at you. But eventually I whittled it down. I killed probably 10-15 Minotaurs while doing that. The tunnel was starting to look like the old loot cave with all the ammo drops.

Then when I got back to the Tower I realized I had used my brand new Atheon's Epilogue (that I got for cheesing Atheon the other day) instead of my fully-upgraded one! So this one was lacking stability as well as the increased damage. With my upgraded one I could tear those guys apart.

So I think we can do the Nightfall with 2 shooting at the boss and one (me) on Minotaur duty (or at least calling it out). If I lay into him with Atheon's Epilogue and shoot him in the head, he staggers and doesn't teleport or even shoot back. With the more stable Atheon's Epilogue that ought to be a lot easier. The only problem in Nightfall will be the lack of ammo drops (from Juggler) so I might have to use an ammo pack or two.

If anyone is up for doing that I'll try to be on at 5 Pacific/8 Eastern to run through that before the Raid.

The Daily is the Gate Lord which is pretty easy too. I ran through that with 2 of my characters already. What sucked is that I got in on a Vex sacrifice public event on my way one time and I did not get a postmaster reward for it. I definitely did not start the game up until after 2am (and my Nightfall bonus had reset). So this isn't like before when I had started it up prior to 2 and not everything reset. It just straight up glitched on me.

Weekly is Nexus. Just has Void Burn, which makes the boss a pain.

However, I was able to solo the Heroic Weekly (at 28). For the 3 servitor part I just stayed mostly near the beginning tunnel and sniped everything.

Then at the boss I died a few times trying to find a spot. I don't know where this cave is supposed to be, but I tried hiding up on the rocks that are just down and to the right. You can sort of hide in the corner there but the splash damage from the boss can still kill you. Plus you can barely get any shots off.

So after a few tries I went with staying up at the beginning. There is a still a shielded/yellow Minotaur there but he isn't all that tough. I was able to take him down quickly each time he spawned with my Atheon's Epilogue (I think his shield is purple so the Void Burn helps there). Getting shots at the boss was still tough, though, since it shoots almost continuously at you. But eventually I whittled it down. I killed probably 10-15 Minotaurs while doing that. The tunnel was starting to look like the old loot cave with all the ammo drops.

Then when I got back to the Tower I realized I had used my brand new Atheon's Epilogue (that I got for cheesing Atheon the other day) instead of my fully-upgraded one! So this one was lacking stability as well as the increased damage. With my upgraded one I could tear those guys apart.

So I think we can do the Nightfall with 2 shooting at the boss and one (me) on Minotaur duty (or at least calling it out). If I lay into him with Atheon's Epilogue and shoot him in the head, he staggers and doesn't teleport or even shoot back. With the more stable Atheon's Epilogue that ought to be a lot easier. The only problem in Nightfall will be the lack of ammo drops (from Juggler) so I might have to use an ammo pack or two.

If anyone is up for doing that I'll try to be on at 5 Pacific/8 Eastern to run through that before the Raid.

The Daily is the Gate Lord which is pretty easy too. I ran through that with 2 of my characters already. What sucked is that I got in on a Vex sacrifice public event on my way one time and I did not get a postmaster reward for it. I definitely did not start the game up until after 2am (and my Nightfall bonus had reset). So this isn't like before when I had started it up prior to 2 and not everything reset. It just straight up glitched on me.
Here's a video of the exploit/hiding spot http://youtu.be/x7yTtfCKbfg?t=1m16s I would recommend taking out the Minotaurs (I think there are 7 of them) prior to dropping down if you plan to solo nightfall. Take your time and as always check the radar while up top.

If you got 3 people, this is one of the easier nightfalls to do. The strategy you suggested is the correct one (two snipe and rocket Nexus while the other team member focus on the Minotaur spawning every 30-45 seconds). If the one person runs into trouble just ask for help. Also, I find it is easier if you call out/signal every time the Minotaur spawns. This way everyone is aware and can help if the need arises.

Here's a video of the exploit/hiding spot http://youtu.be/x7yTtfCKbfg?t=1m16s I would recommend taking out the Minotaurs (I think there are 7 of them) prior to dropping down if you plan to solo nightfall. Take your time and as always check the radar while up top.

If you got 3 people, this is one of the easier nightfalls to do. The strategy you suggested is the correct one (two snipe and rocket Nexus while the other team member focus on the Minotaur spawning every 30-45 seconds). If the one person runs into trouble just ask for help. Also, I find it is easier if you call out/signal every time the Minotaur spawns. This way everyone is aware and can help if the need arises.
This doesn't look too bad this week. I'll be on at 8 eastern to run it with you and then do raid after.

I'll probably take some time off of it based on how the loot drops on the raid treat me. If I get shut out of anything that can help me weapon or armor-wise, it will be a pretty easy to take some time off. I actually didn't play much over the weekend anyways.

Also I decided to put $5 on sunset today. Needed to reup GCU for a couple more years and figure I can dump Sunset next week for about what I paid for it if it is not for me. I'll probably do the same with CoD next week since I'll be playing Halo when it comes out.
Yeah I am getting annoyed. I have my Warlock maxed, have for a while now.

I made my new Hunter and have gotten him through Normal Raid 3x and then multiple various Hard checkpoints and I still have nothing. I have not gotten any weapons OR armor at all from all of those effing times. Then on the other hand my buddy who also maxed out at 30 his main (Titan) has now created a Warlock and done the exact same stuff as me and already has all the gear to have it hit 30.... wtf.

most of the videos made on the "best" way to beat the nexus nightfall were made from the previous one when it was arc burn. this week is void meaning you will get a lot of bullshit from splash damage so everything should be taken with a grain of salt. 

New update is live. Finally killed off the Atheon cheese and implemented the random teleporting.

Details can be found here: http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-1023---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12319

Or here is everything without needing to go to a link!:

Summary

This update makes Destiny a more stable experience for all players. We’re also changing the player experience in the Raid to ensure that the activity provides an endgame challenge that meets project goals for the intended level of difficulty.

General

Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes

Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes

Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly

Fixed a rare issue that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with the Cockatoo error code

Servers

Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error 

Increased protection against account corruption

Raid

Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass

Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform

More updates are to follow as we continue to support Destiny. Future enhancements being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties in your pocket at any time.

Anyone know when the next iron banner event is going live? Got Sunset Overdrive coming and I wont be playing Destiny probably until the next event.
When they talked about the changed to Iron banner they made it sound like we will be lucky to have another Iron Banner this year at all.

They mentioned events revealed "very soon". I think they will to try to run a couple of events in November to retain a good share of active players

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back