Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too high a level = insta-death. I was thinking somewhere that they were level 12 or something. I know the damage scales and all that, but it is better that they be at least a few levels lower than you I think, right?
i was totally joking lol

chamber of night is a good place but the best spot is where you first encounter the hive on earth - really easy to do it there

Did you guys want to run the Raid tonight? Let me know because I'm pretty busy with family stuff but could probably carve out an hour or two. I figure we don't need a lot of time since we'd only do the first two checkpoints anyway (the bridges).

i was totally joking lol

chamber of night is a good place but the best spot is where you first encounter the hive on earth - really easy to do it there
There aren't any cursed thrall on The Dark Within. I did it on the DLC moon mission. You can get to the room with the shrieker on your sparrow and that room continuously spawns cursed thralls. The tough part is that they are in groups, so you have to try and lure one away. I found an easier plan though. I just went in and meleed one and died, but the item would drop and be waiting for me on respawn. Do that 5 times and Bob's your uncle.

Did you guys want to run the Raid tonight? Let me know because I'm pretty busy with family stuff but could probably carve out an hour or two. I figure we don't need a lot of time since we'd only do the first two checkpoints anyway (the bridges).
I'd be down for that, I haven't even tried the new raid yet.

There aren't any cursed thrall on The Dark Within. I did it on the DLC moon mission. You can get to the room with the shrieker on your sparrow and that room continuously spawns cursed thralls. The tough part is that they are in groups, so you have to try and lure one away. I found an easier plan though. I just went in and meleed one and died, but the item would drop and be waiting for me on respawn. Do that 5 times and Bob's your uncle.
first encounter on earth as in when you first enter the lunar complex and dinklebot has you unleash the sleeping hive onto earth like a true hero

or one of those :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Any particularly good place to farm 100 acolytes and wizards?

ETA: Hmm, Circle of Bones on Patrol seems perfect. One run got me halfway through already.

Did you ever beat Urzok?
Yeah, second try. There were four of us (first time there were only three and we kind of focusing more on thinning the adds first, not realizing there was a time limit :lol: ).

Did the mission part after that solo, that was kind of hectic!

Urzok is the next thing I need to do on my Urn checklist.  I'm hoping the next time he shows up it isn't one of those times when I am the only one in Skywatch.

Hey, this may be have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I'm lazy and don't feel like searching:  Last night I picked up the bounty for Bad Juju again.  When I complete it, do I unlock the new and improved version or will it be the same as my old, pre-expansion Juju?

I took 3 of the Eris bounties after the reset and then was able to double up on them. That got me to Rank 2 for Eris and unlocked a pretty cool Warlock bond.

I still need to get all the way to Rank 4 to exchange radiant energy for radiant shards.

On the plus side, I did hit 31 on my Warlock thanks to one more node on my Raid chestpiece and a couple on my upgraded exotic helm. When I max both of those I'll be at 31 1/2 (I am just ONE radiant shard short of maxing chest piece). I'm also thinking of using the Eris gauntlets (I finished the quest-line on my Warlock) even though I have already maxed the new Vanguard ones. I just wish it had some sort of unique perk to it. They really ought to have made it give you some sort of bonus in the Raid.

Now I need to get my Titan up to 31 which will be harder since I have a new exotic (which levels slower) plus I just got those Raid gloves and have no shards left to upgrade them.

I've gotten all I can out of the Raid this week other than beating Crota - we'll see if I can get in on a group doing that tonight or tomorrow. Well, I suppose on two characters I can still get that second chest, but as we found yesterday that can be a pain.

I'm wondering if anyone still bothers with Vault of Glass and whether I want to do it again (ever). I suppose if I ever run low on regular shards/energy I might. I know they added the exotic shards as a drop option to VoG. If they ever add radiant energy/shards I'd do it for sure since those will be hard to come by otherwise.

I always think to myself, one more neat thing they are missing in this game is a set bonus of sorts with perks to encourage use after stats fall behind

I'll be off and on today. I need to finish up the Eris stuff with my Hunter and run the Nightfall if anyone still needs to/wants to do that.

Here's a question, I didn't finish mt exotic bounty for bad juju from before the expansion. When I finish it, will I get an old version of the exotic weapon or the new, post expansion version?

Yeah, if somebody wants to run vault of glass I'd be willing just to get shards. I used up most of my bank on the new armor.
I am TOTALLY out of ascendant shards, so yeah, I wouldn't mind running a bit of VoG. I'm not around tonight, but maybe Sunday?

Here's a question, I didn't finish mt exotic bounty for bad juju from before the expansion. When I finish it, will I get an old version of the exotic weapon or the new, post expansion version?
I think I read on one of the forums that they will unlock the old version, but has anyone tested it?

simosaurus said:
I think I read on one of the forums that they will unlock the old version, but has anyone tested it?
I'll find out as soon as I finish the Nightfall because I have the Pocket Infinity bounty. If anyone wants to run it with me let me know - otherwise I'm going on one of the fireteam sites.

It should give you the new version. At least that's what everyone on Bungie.net says.

I've got one for Pocket Infinity too, so I'll find out somewhat soon.

The Exotic Bounties give you the new versions even if you had the bounty from before the dlc was released

I had just waited to turn in my bounty until after the DLC dropped and as soon as I did I was rewarded with the new/upgraded version of the exotic, in this case Pocket Infinity.

Just beat Crota! Picked up Hunger Of Crota rocket launcher and, what I assume is the first of many Cryptographic shaders.

We had a group of 6 31s and used the strategy where we all go to the left stairs.

[quote name="simosaurus" post="12325691" timestamp="1418508196"] I am TOTALLY out of ascendant shards, so yeah, I wouldn't mind running a bit of VoG. I'm not around tonight, but maybe Sunday?

I think I read on one of the forums that they will unlock the old version, but has anyone tested it?[/quote]
I just did it, but if you need a sixth I could probably help. I'm hopefully going to run crota to try and finish it off now that I'm 31.

So I ran vault of glass on hard. My rewards were a bunch of ascendant materials and another time breaker. Now that I got boots from Crota the templar, of course, decided to finally give me boots. After months of trying.... :whistle2:\

RADa5AURU5 said:
Just beat Crota! Picked up Hunger Of Crota rocket launcher and, what I assume is the first of many Cryptographic shaders.

We had a group of 6 31s and used the strategy where we all go to the left stairs.
Nice - wish I had gotten in on that. I think the other group I run with is going to do it tonight but I fear that instead of picking it up from the Crota checkpoint they will want to start from the beginning and I'm way too tired to deal with all of that tonight. I've gotten through Gatekeepers on all 3 of my chars anyway.

I have my Warlock over 31. If I can get just ONE more radiant shard, I'll have her at 31 1/2.

We beat Crota twice, and also started from the beginning again to get the second chest. What we should have done last time (with the CAG group) is just have people swap out their characters while someone sat in the room with the chest - that works just fine!

Unfortunately someone went to Orbit when they were trying to switch and not everyone got the chest. They wanted to run it from the beginning again to get that and also beat Crota one more time. But it is 3:30 and I have to be up in 4 hours ;). So we decided to do it again tomorrow night. Running it from the beginning will get me nothing, but I would like to beat Crota again.

I posted a clip to my feed. I ended up having sniper duty on the Knights from the window area. Considering how tired (and sick) I am I did a decent job with it, especially when I had to use my level 30 character.

I got the Raid shotgun and sniper rifle out of it. A lot of people got the Rocket Launcher which is what I really want, though the sniper seems pretty cool. I haven't had any chance to play with them yet.

Both times I got the shader (same one - Crypto-something), the emblem, some shards/energy, and one weapon. The rewards seem to be more "standard" than with Atheon. It seems everyone gets a weapon.

Also, there is no double-checkpoint for the Deathsingers because we only beat that once on Day 1 and haven't touched it since. I ended up with the same 4 rewards on one character that did the Deathsinger part and one that didn't.

We beat Crota twice, and also started from the beginning again to get the second chest. What we should have done last time (with the CAG group) is just have people swap out their characters while someone sat in the room with the chest - that works just fine!

Both times I got the shader (same one - Crypto-something), the emblem, some shards/energy, and one weapon. The rewards seem to be more "standard" than with Atheon. It seems everyone gets a weapon.

Also, there is no double-checkpoint for the Deathsingers because we only beat that once on Day 1 and haven't touched it since. I ended up with the same 4 rewards on one character that did the Deathsinger part and one that didn't.
That is golden man about someone just staying in the chest room and people swapping characters. I love that and will definitely try it tonight.

That sucks though about the lack of a double checkpoint with the Deathinger to Crota but really seeing the increased drop rate and the clearly generous drops from Crota I doubt it will really be an issue. With only three checkpoint rewards then I wouldn't be surprised if the two chests that are currently known are the only ones in Crota's End.

BrolyB593 said:
That is golden man about someone just staying in the chest room and people swapping characters. I love that and will definitely try it tonight.

That sucks though about the lack of a double checkpoint with the Deathinger to Crota but really seeing the increased drop rate and the clearly generous drops from Crota I doubt it will really be an issue. With only three checkpoint rewards then I wouldn't be surprised if the two chests that are currently known are the only ones in Crota's End.
Keep in mind you also need a second person to go out and revive the people who swap in and out. Then you can change roles and let the two who stayed in get it. I would also suggest that 1 person drop out and the other 5 make a run for the chest. That way if they screw up, the 6th still has the pre-Deathsinger checkpoint. I did that and it saved us since they didn't make it the first time.

And yeah, I think that is it: two chests and three checkpoint drops.

I also think it is all but confirmed that helms will be hard mode items (along with the primary weapons). But we probably ought to wait a week or two to be sure of that unless Bungie confirms it. I'm seeing conflicting info on some other sites.

Well the templar chest (not letting him teleport) wasn't found until quite a few weeks in so no need to jump to conclusions ;)

Well the templar chest (not letting him teleport) wasn't found until quite a few weeks in so no need to jump to conclusions ;)
Very true.

If there is one similar I would imagine it would be linked to the Deathsinger part so that it would keep people from crossing the Bridge and then simply getting a Crota checkpoint.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I finally got my Hunter to 31. Anyone still doing a Crota run?
I'd be up for a CAG run after the reset Tuesday. Warning: If you are a level 31 Hunter you'll be expected to do sword duty at Crota! ;)

I'd be up for a CAG run after the reset Tuesday. Warning: If you are a level 31 Hunter you'll be expected to do sword duty at Crota! ;)
Lol, I just finished it with a group from destinylfg. Took a while as the guy that ran the sword didn't seem to know exactly best way to damage him and nobody else wanted to run it. In the end he said he just spammed RB. Had to take down swordbearer 3 times, and we missed one chance to damage him since we were a bit too overzealous with rockets when downing him. Got the ship and shader of course. Only weapon I got was the shotgun... No armor pieces, but I didn't get the 2nd chest. Is there a way to get a checkpoint at that or do you have to do bridges each time?

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Got the ship and shader of course. Only weapon I got was the shotgun... No armor pieces, but I didn't get the 2nd chest. Is there a way to get a checkpoint at that or do you have to do bridges each time?
It doesn't look like there is an armor drop at Crota. On the other hand, it seems like there is always one weapon drop from Crota (and only at Crota). Or did you mean you didn't get any armor for the full Raid?

I've never seen anyone get the ship - I'd actually like that so hopefully I'll get it tonight. Did you get that instead of the emblem, or did you get that as well?

The second chest is only shards/energy but of course with them being the new radiant ones you are going to want as many of those as you can get. You can get it with a checkpoint if you stopped right after the Gatekeepers without proceeding down the hallway to the Deathsinger section. So that is kind of odd - there is actually a "mini" checkpoint change right there in that small section.

It doesn't look like there is an armor drop at Crota. On the other hand, it seems like there is always one weapon drop from Crota (and only at Crota). Or did you mean you didn't get any armor for the full Raid?

I've never seen anyone get the ship - I'd actually like that so hopefully I'll get it tonight. Did you get that instead of the emblem, or did you get that as well?

The second chest is only shards/energy but of course with them being the new radiant ones you are going to want as many of those as you can get. You can get it with a checkpoint if you stopped right after the Gatekeepers without proceeding down the hallway to the Deathsinger section. So that is kind of odd - there is actually a "mini" checkpoint change right there in that small section.
I didn't get armor pieces in any of the drops. I got Swordbreaker (void shotty), Emblem, Shader, & Ship from Crota. Got the Class item from the first chest solo. The ship actually looks pretty nice. Others in my group got the sniper and machinegun. I just got Vex Mythoclast from VoG finally so I guess that makes up for it. Need to farm a ton of glimmer to get my other 2 guys up into 30 range if I want to run it again. I do have all 33 light armor though.

I didn't end up running Crota on my Hunter. I guess the other group bailed on the plan though they didn't bother to let me know...

Since the reset is tomorrow night I guess I'll probably just run it then. In the mean time, I'm trying to double up on Eris bounties on my Warlock to push her to level 4. I'm about 2 1/2 now. Today's new bounties combine well together: kill 3 Blades of Crota on Earth or Moon, and Collect 200 Husk fragments (or something like that). As usual with those collection bounties, majors count for 20. On the moon you can just use the first area and while waiting for the Blades, go kill the two majors that camp out down below the shattered dome thing (I forget where that leads).

I also have the Titan gloves from the CAG group Raid to level up before I use my Titan again. I got a blue engram that turned into one of the new chest armors (from Vanguard I think). So now I'm using that in place of what was my last useful piece of Vault of Glass armor. So much for that gear I worked so hard to get!

Watched a few things online and looks like you could easily solo at least up to the deathsingers.  Until the second bridge gets patched anyway...

Tried finishing Crota last night and did not have a very cooperative group.  I don't know if people weren't understanding their roles but they were just trying to do everything instead of their assigned task.  Hopefully going to get through it tonight, but I feel like I'm not going to have a lot of patience if I get another crappy group.

So I am getting really freaking annoyed. I am yet to complete a single effing run of Crota.

I stayed up until the launch, took two days off and all that and still haven't. My regular group from VoG is just all over the place and where we usually had a solid set of like 10 of us to go from and so we could play whenever really, now it is usually just the core 4 of us or so and we never have enough to actually do it.

I have my Hunter and Warlock sitting on the Crota checkpoint AND I haven't even done it at all on my Titan yet. Needless to say if there are competent 31 CAGs that would like to jump in and run it with my guys tonight just let me know and I will get it situated tonight after work. I really want to complete all of it before the reset tonight so it is going to be a long time after work haha ugh.

On the positive side however, last night I was pumping through the new Strike Playlist and I got a Legendary Gauntlet engram. I told my buddy that I really hoped it was 'Don't Touch Me' the new Exotic Hunter Gauntlets. We went back to the tower a few strikes later and I redeem it and...... it is random Titan Gauntlets that I don't need! Hahah Lame. BUT I leveled up my Cryptarch with all that stuff I had from the Strikes and he gave me another Legendary Gauntlet Engram THAT ACTUALLY TURNED INTO THOSE EXOTIC GAUNTLETS! Hahaha I was so crazy stoked. Since when does RNG give me what I ask for?? Haha they arent even that amazing I just wanted to try them out in PvP and stuff and see if the defense mechanism cloaking works well.

But yeah.... Crota's End.. this sh!t needs to be done tonight before I go to bed.

Watched a few things online and looks like you could easily solo at least up to the deathsingers. Until the second bridge gets patched anyway...

Tried finishing Crota last night and did not have a very cooperative group. I don't know if people weren't understanding their roles but they were just trying to do everything instead of their assigned task. Hopefully going to get through it tonight, but I feel like I'm not going to have a lot of patience if I get another crappy group.
Read my above post haha. I will be sure to look for you tonight when slapping my group together. Do you need any characters to run from scratch or just Crota. I need one from scratch (which will hopefully net the 2nd chest and get it for my other 2) and then two from just Crota.

Just jumped back in after a few weeks off and have a quick question.

Where do I find the "Vanguard Commendation" that I need to buy items from the Warlock Vanguard?

Just jumped back in after a few weeks off and have a quick question.

Where do I find the "Vanguard Commendation" that I need to buy items from the Warlock Vanguard?
Every time you level up one of your factions, Vanguard, Dead Orbit, FWC, New Monarchy... you get a Commendation. Same goes for the Crucible.

Every time you level up one of your factions, Vanguard, Dead Orbit, FWC, New Monarchy... you get a Commendation. Same goes for the Crucible.
You need crucible marks to buy anything from Dead Orbit, FWC or New Monarchy so if you don't play MP it might be better to just keep working towards Vanguard rank. Although it is pretty easy to get crucible marks since you get 3 for a win and 2 for a loss.

You need crucible marks to buy anything from Dead Orbit, FWC or New Monarchy so if you don't play MP it might be better to just keep working towards Vanguard rank. Although it is pretty easy to get crucible marks since you get 3 for a win and 2 for a loss.
Good point! I always forget that those use Crucible marks instead of Vanguard.

Anyone want to do the old raid tonight? I'm in desperate need of ascendant shards to upgrade all these new purple armor pieces.
If I can somehow finish my 2x Crota Checkpoints and then my 3rd full runthrough of Crota's End I would be down to help. Realistically with a solid group this should take no longer than an hour or two but clearly luck has not been on my side.

I doubt I will even get to finish all of that myself but if I do I will shoot you a message!

I have a lvl 30 Titan (can be 31 when I get a damn helmet) and typically use Helm of Saint-14 (defender with WoL).  I don't have more than one person I regularly play with, and could use more friends to do the raid, nightfalls, and weeklies with as a few of my friends no longer play.  If anyone wants to add me, I'd appreciate it.

XBL - Mr Frisch

Broly I saw your message late last night but we were running omnibitch for the last time (and dying in the most bullshit ways) and just wanted to get to bed for work at 6.

Duco and I should be available tonight if you need extras

Broly I saw your message late last night but we were running omnibitch for the last time (and dying in the most bullshit ways) and just wanted to get to bed for work at 6.

Duco and I should be available tonight if you need extras
Hah no worries with that Arc burn that strike is ridiculous. When I help friends with it I have been running either my Sunsinger or Bladedancer and just saying far back from my buddy and just being pure support and revive whether I go in with my own self revive or cloak then. But yeah playing that way I have gotten to witness from a good perspective some really funny bs deaths that happen to my friends haha

I will definitely be on the lookout for you guys tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back