Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broly, I can throw my 31 hunter in with you for Crota if you still need help tonight.  Don't think I'll be able to get anyone else in 30 range by tonight unless I find time to grind.  I wouldn't mind getting that 2nd chest though if you can just swap people in and out for that one.

If I'm on and you need someone for Crota invite me. I only have one character and I've already beat him twice, but I don't mind helping. I assume everyone uses the same strategy, but if not ill tell you how we did it. I'm still hoping to run hard VOG tonight.

Hah no worries with that Arc burn that strike is ridiculous. When I help friends with it I have been running either my Sunsinger or Bladedancer and just saying far back from my buddy and just being pure support and revive whether I go in with my own self revive or cloak then. But yeah playing that way I have gotten to witness from a good perspective some really funny bs deaths that happen to my friends haha

I will definitely be on the lookout for you guys tonight!
One of the cursed thralls exploded before coming out of that one room and got us both somehow - first time for everything..................

One of the cursed thralls exploded before coming out of that one room and got us both somehow - first time for everything..................
Hahah yeah I stay up on the right part up there for that very reason. Happened to my team earlier in the week too and so up top I can just give support without being in any real danger

I'd love to do VoG for the first time either late tonight, tomorrow or Wednesday.

Lvl 27 Hunter halfway to 28. Going to try to hit 28 before trying it for the first time.

Please add me: Skipper Sonne.

Hahah yeah I stay up on the right part up there for that very reason. Happened to my team earlier in the week too and so up top I can just give support without being in any real danger
The thing was, he was on the top portion and still died when it exploded (I guess because it was right under him in the room?) still doesn't make sense to me.

Never did the VOG raid anybody want to
Meet up tonight after 11:00 est and run it with me? Level 28 Warlock.
I'd love to do VoG for the first time either late tonight, tomorrow or Wednesday.

Lvl 27 Hunter halfway to 28. Going to try to hit 28 before trying it for the first time.

Please add me: Skipper Sonne.
XB1? My friend and I are also looking to do a true first run on VoG. I'm a 28 Hunter and he's a 29 Warlock. I'd say we're average players, possibly bad to below-average. We don't talk shit, but we do say "shit." A lot.

CST here and tomorrow is probably better for me, but I'll be on tonight, too. Feel free to add me (defiance17).

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12329334" timestamp="1418656913"]So I am getting really freaking annoyed. I am yet to complete a single effing run of Crota.

I stayed up until the launch, took two days off and all that and still haven't. My regular group from VoG is just all over the place and where we usually had a solid set of like 10 of us to go from and so we could play whenever really, now it is usually just the core 4 of us or so and we never have enough to actually do it.

I have my Hunter and Warlock sitting on the Crota checkpoint AND I haven't even done it at all on my Titan yet. Needless to say if there are competent 31 CAGs that would like to jump in and run it with my guys tonight just let me know and I will get it situated tonight after work. I really want to complete all of it before the reset tonight so it is going to be a long time after work haha ugh.

On the positive side however, last night I was pumping through the new Strike Playlist and I got a Legendary Gauntlet engram. I told my buddy that I really hoped it was 'Don't Touch Me' the new Exotic Hunter Gauntlets. We went back to the tower a few strikes later and I redeem it and...... it is random Titan Gauntlets that I don't need! Hahah Lame. BUT I leveled up my Cryptarch with all that stuff I had from the Strikes and he gave me another Legendary Gauntlet Engram THAT ACTUALLY TURNED INTO THOSE EXOTIC GAUNTLETS! Hahaha I was so crazy stoked. Since when does RNG give me what I ask for?? Haha they arent even that amazing I just wanted to try them out in PvP and stuff and see if the defense mechanism cloaking works well.

But yeah.... Crota's End.. this sh!t needs to be done tonight before I go to bed.[/quote]
Myself and another from my friends list would like to run it. He isn't on CAG, but he is competent. We couldn't find anybody off bungie last night that would just work together. We would be open to whatever strategy your guys want to run.

Edit: should have finished reading the thread. Just need crota. I only have the one character to run, but if it goes fast enough I'd be willing to stick around and run it for others who need to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="gotdott" post="12329693" timestamp="1418665494"]One of the cursed thralls exploded before coming out of that one room and got us both somehow - first time for everything..................[/quote]
Should have cheesed her... ;)

XB1? My friend and I are also looking to do a true first run on VoG. I'm a 28 Hunter and he's a 29 Warlock. I'd say we're average players, possibly bad to below-average. We don't talk shit, but we do say "shit." A lot.

CST here and tomorrow is probably better for me, but I'll be on tonight, too. Feel free to add me (defiance17).
That's 4, it'd be good to have at least someone (or two) who has done it before to chaperone.

What time would be good tomorrow? I was going to go to a hockey game and would be back around 10 CST.

Useful thread on the new vendor loadouts:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pd0la/what_are_the_best_new_legendary_weapons_from_the/

Someone posted an overview:

Must Buy
  • Vanguard "LDR-5001" sniper. Arc sniper with the same damage model as The Supremacy and Icebreaker. Plus it haswallhack roundsSeriously.
Should Buy
  • Crucible "For The People" AR. If you liked Crucible with a Shingen-E, you're absolutely going to love this AR. High base stability, with amazing perks (persistence, glass half full, and your choice of field scout/perfect balance/hammer forged).
  • Crucible "Saterienne Rapier" scout. If you like scouts, this one is a good middle-road impact/ROF. Outlaw, High-Caliber, and Firefly make for a good PvE experience, particularly in the new raid on the phases where you can keep some distance (bridge).
  • Crucible "Against All Odds" LMG. If you couldn't get your hands on a Jolder's Hammer from IB, this is your time to get in on the high-damage party. Enjoy your 3HK in crucible. Yes, it shoots slow, but each shot does serious damage. Perks are decent, too, with Persistence, Grenadier, and your choice of Field Scout, single point, or quick draw. Field scout will bring this puppy up to a 50rd mag.
  • Crucible "TFWPKY 1969" hand cannon. Return to Sender, Field Scout, and Mulligan. You're going to be doing great damage with this thing, as long as you can manage the recoil. Suitable replacement for your TDYK. (An alternative would be the FWC handcannon, which now features Field Scout.)
  • Crucible "The Trolley Problem" fusion rifle. Arc damage, high-impact model that includes Accelerated Coils - a great replacement for you 77 Wizard fans. Double Down and Who's Next are okay perks.
  • Vanguard "MG18A Harm's Way" LMG. A suitable replacement for your Corrective Measure, the MG18A deals void damage and features both Crowd Control and Rodeo perks to help tame the recoil. Combine with Flared Magwell for fast reloads. Would be better with a stability perk.
Maybe Buy
  • Crucible "Y-09 Longbow Synthesis" sniper. Like the new LDR-5001, the Longbow features the high impact damage model. Longbow has some great perks, 5 rounds natively, and deals Solar damage. However, the new raid sniper Black Hammer also deals solar damage, and has even higher impact, so between the two Black Hammer is the better pickup. I put this one under Maybe because if you're not planning on raiding, or at least not any time soon, it's a good buy, but if you'll be slicing up SCrota then it's probably better to wait for the Hammer. That said, if you got a Void version of this gun in an engram/rank up, dance for joy.
  • Vanguard "Badger CCL" scout. If you like scouts, this one will replace your old Proxima Centauri or A.1F19X-RYL. The perks are OK, with luck in the chamber, mulligan, and probably Flared Magwell as your ideal loadout.
  • Vanguard "One Way Ticket 000" rocket launcher. Cluster Bomb and Who's Next are good perks, but you'll need to use Field Scout to get your 2-rd mag. Would be OK for a Solar rocket if you don't have a Hezen. Like the Longbow, the raid rocket will be better off than this, also dealing Solar damage, and also having cluster bombs, but adds tracking rounds. Raid rocket is going to be lethal.
  • Vanguard "Secret Handshake" shotgun. If you use shotguns in Crucible, particularly Found Verdict, then you'll enjoy this model. Accurized Ballistics, Hammer Forged, and Shot Package make for some insane range and accuracy for a shotgun, and Grenadier makes for a great PvP loadout. Arc damage. Listed under "Maybe Buy" since it's really for crucible use only, as with most shoguns, though potentially would do good in Crota's End.
Definitely Avoid
  • Vanguard "The Devil You Don't" - without Field Scout this gun is going to be garbage. Even with it, it's not a suitable replacement for TDYK because the higher ROF does not make up for the lower impact.
Everything else is in the okay-ish range that falls between Maybe and Definitely Avoid.

Hmm, glad you posted that. I was planning to buy The Devil You Don't tomorrow because The Devil You Know is my favorite gun. I guess now I'll get that sniper or something else instead, and get The Chance as my new replacement hand cannon.

Hmm, glad you posted that. I was planning to buy The Devil You Don't tomorrow because The Devil You Know is my favorite gun. I guess now I'll get that sniper or something else instead, and get The Chance as my new replacement hand cannon.
Yeah I got Devil You Don't from leveling up Vanguard and it is absolutely horrible. I used it just to test it out and I hated it.

I will definitely look into that 1969 handcannon but nothing can beat Fatebringer, even with increased damage of 331.

If you guys add me (Odibee) and see me on I'm open for a VoG run.

RenegadeMoose said:
Tried finishing Crota last night and did not have a very cooperative group. I don't know if people weren't understanding their roles but they were just trying to do everything instead of their assigned task. Hopefully going to get through it tonight, but I feel like I'm not going to have a lot of patience if I get another crappy group.
That's funny because there are really only two roles: sword guy and support... We had a third role that I did (staying up in front of the window and sniping the Knights on the right side). But I'm not sure that is 100% necessary.

In the beginning, 3 people go each way, clearing out the Knights and Acolytes from both sides.

Then everyone (except maybe the Knight sniper) goes to the tunnel below. The support people need to take down the Swordbearer and then Crota's shields. And everyone needs to retreat into the tunnel when the Ogres come (which should just be once, though possibly twice). That's about it, really.

The point is coordination should be much easier than it is for Atheon (especially without the random teleport factor).

The sword guy (who needs to be level 31 for increased damage) has by far the hardest part - he needs to get up there quickly when the time comes and get in 3 hits if possible and then retreat before getting smashed by Crota.

You pretty much have to do it in 4-5 tries otherwise Enrage happens. I haven't seen it, but apparently Enrage involves automatic Oversouls and other nastiness so it is pretty much a wipe at that point.

BrolyB593 said:
So I am getting really freaking annoyed. I am yet to complete a single effing run of Crota.
But yeah.... Crota's End.. this sh!t needs to be done tonight before I go to bed.
gotdott said:
Duco and I should be available tonight if you need extras
I still need to kick Crota's ass with my Hunter. If you are doing that part please let me know and I'll hop in. I ought to be free after 7:30 Pacific. It almost sounds like we could do a full CAG crew.

Yeah I got Devil You Don't from leveling up Vanguard and it is absolutely horrible. I used it just to test it out and I hated it.

I will definitely look into that 1969 handcannon but nothing can beat Fatebringer, even with increased damage of 331.
I got that hand cannon from (I think) the daily on Saturday. I haven't used it yet. Didn't realize it was supposed to be so good. I guess it is wasted on me since I don't really use hand cannons.

If you guys add me (Odibee) and see me on I'm open for a VoG run.

That's funny because there are really only two roles: sword guy and support... We had a third role that I did (staying up in front of the window and sniping the Knights on the right side). But I'm not sure that is 100% necessary.

In the beginning, 3 people go each way, clearing out the Knights and Acolytes from both sides.

Then everyone (except maybe the Knight sniper) goes to the tunnel below. The support people need to take down the Swordbearer and then Crota's shields. And everyone needs to retreat into the tunnel when the Ogres come (which should just be once, though possibly twice). That's about it, really.

The point is coordination should be much easier than it is for Atheon (especially without the random teleport factor).

The sword guy has by far the hardest part - he needs to get up there quickly when the time comes and get in 3 hits if possible and then retreat before getting smashed by Crota.

You pretty much have to do it in 4-5 tries otherwise Enrage happens and while I haven't seen it, apparently Enrage involves automatic Oversouls and other nastiness so it is pretty much a wipe at that point.

I still need to kick Crota's ass with my Hunter. If you are doing that part please let me know and I'll hop in.
The hard part was the knights. The people with ice breaker (one on each side) were supposed to take out the knights spawning while we worked the thralls and swordbearer. I would turn around and see a sniper deciding to help with the swordbearer and then get pelted with knight shots. We tried to do the trick with the tunnels, but I think we weren't coordinated enough. Every time we got the sword Crota would move to the right so our guy couldn't get him in time.

The hard part was the knights. The people with ice breaker (one on each side) were supposed to take out the knights spawning while we worked the thralls and swordbearer. I would turn around and see a sniper deciding to help with the swordbearer and then get pelted with knight shots. We tried to do the trick with the tunnels, but I think we weren't coordinated enough. Every time we got the sword Crota would move to the right so our guy couldn't get him in time.
should have cheesed him :D/

Renegade Moose said:
Ah. Here's what we did in more detail:

Start: 3 people one way, 3 the other. I tend to crouch in the little alcoves in the back so I don't get hit by an acolyte. We got pretty good at clearing out those guys without taking much, if any, damage.

Then everyone but me went into the tunnel. I went around to the left and jumped to the windows, but stayed on the left side.

I sniped the Knights only on the right side. You can ignore the ones on the left if the sword guy always takes the right side to go up there.

Yes, Crota will move to the right. Here's the trick: just wait. He will move back to the center in a few moments. Window sniper guy just keeps taking out the Knights on the right and the people in the tunnel just chill till he moves back. Once he's back, simply rinse and repeat.

If Crota moves to the left, then the sniper either needs to jump down to the tunnel or switch to the other side of the window area.

But if my memory is correct here's the way it works:

1) Crota center
2) Crota moves right. Wait, he moves back to center
3) Ogres come out (everyone in tunnel).
4) Crota center
5) Crota moves right - wait again to he moves back
6) Crota center. This time we kill him...

I got that hand cannon from (I think) the daily on Saturday. I haven't used it yet. Didn't realize it was supposed to be so good. I guess it is wasted on me since I don't really use hand cannons.
Fatebringer is a Templar Hard Mode drop only so you probably are getting it mixed up with another. Unless you are referring to the Devil You Know, in which case yeah it is the best 300 base damage pistol other than Fatebringer

Renegade Moose said:
Ah. Here's what we did in more detail:

Start: 3 people one way, 3 the other. I tend to crouch in the little alcoves in the back so I don't get hit by an acolyte. We got pretty good at clearing out those guys without taking much, if any, damage.

Then everyone but me went into the tunnel. I went around to the left and jumped to the windows, but stayed on the left side.

I sniped the Knights only on the right side. You can ignore the ones on the left if the sword guy always takes the right side to go up there. The way we were positioned, the Knights are only an issue for the guy carrying the sword. They don't fire on anyone else.

Yes, Crota will move to the right. Here's the trick: just wait. He will move back to the center in a few moments. Window sniper guy just keeps taking out the Knights on the right and the people in the tunnel just chill (or shot at thralls) till he moves back. Once he's back, rinse and repeat.

If Crota moves to the left, then the sniper either needs to jump down to the tunnel or switch to the other side of the window area.

But if my memory is correct here's the way it went down for us twice:

1) Crota center
2) Crota moves right. Wait, he moves back to center
3) Ogres come out (everyone in tunnel).
4) Crota center
5) Crota moves right - wait again to he moves back
6) Crota center. This time we kill him...

If you are really fast you can get two sets of attacks (that is, take his shields down twice) on him per sword. But I don't think we even got that down more than once or twice per run.

Note that these other guys I run with lay into Swordbearer/Crota shields with maxed G-Horns usually. So they do stuff fast.

The support crew does need to coordinate pretty well in that they need to take down the shields FAST once the guy has the sword. And they need to tell him as soon as Crota is down since he will be on his way up there to attack. You don't want him up there too early or too late. It looks like maybe you were having some timing issues. You also need to be sure everyone doesn't reload at the same time when hitting Crota or his shields will regen.

Fatebringer is a Templar Hard Mode drop only so you probably are getting it mixed up with another. Unless you are referring to the Devil You Know, in which case yeah it is the best 300 base damage pistol other than Fatebringer
I finally pulled Fatebringer yesterday. Got that and then the Mythoclast at back to back checkpoints. Only thing left from VoG for me is Praetorian Foil, but that seems like one of the hardest drops to get. I also found an Ice Breaker from the Exotic chest before the Gorgons, but it is from the old loot table with max damage of 300. Oh well, still a good drop.

At Crota we were dropping him twice each time the sword holder went up there. People were using Gjallahorn, Hezen and Ice Breaker to down him and as soon as he was about to get up we launched another volley of rockets to down him quickly. When he went right we just waited for him to come back center. Never had him move left on us. We also had one guy stay up top to snipe knights with icebreaker.

What attack does the most damage to Crota? When we beat him the guy said he just spammed RB, but in another raid group they said that spamming RT is actually the best.

What attack does the most damage to Crota? When we beat him the guy said he just spammed RB, but in another raid group they said that spamming RT is actually the best.
I've been hearing both too. Then I've also heard to do a combo: RB, RB & finish with RT

I got Chance and Devil You Don't from drops. Chance is way better; I have it maxed now and quite like it, except for slow reloads.

My group on Crota got his shields down twice pwe sword almost every time (just not when he'd run to the right after the first time). Our sword-bearer was a natural though and got 4 hits everytime (all RT). It took 4-5 times to down him. We did get enrage once and it is hopeless to try and continue. We stayed on the left stairs the whole time, except to fight the ogres, in which case we went to the right stairs. After using the sword the third time Crota would charge us and we'd have to run to the right stairs till he returned to the middle.

I'll be on tonight starting around 7EST. I'm happy to help you raid-virgins with VOG normal (gt is my username) or the CAG group with Crota. I just want to make sure I get through a hard VOG tonight.

I finally pulled Fatebringer yesterday. Got that and then the Mythoclast at back to back checkpoints.
I still have Fatebringer as my go to primary in the new Raid for now, even over my Mythoclast and 331 Hard Light. Definitely worth maxing out for now at least until we hopefully get a better handcannon from the Hard Crota.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I finally pulled Fatebringer yesterday. Got that and then the Mythoclast at back to back checkpoints. Only thing left from VoG for me is Praetorian Foil, but that seems like one of the hardest drops to get.

Yep, the Foil is the only VoG item I never got. I had sort of wanted it under a "collect-em-all" mentality but I gave that up a few weeks ago. And now with the lower damage of the Raid weapons plus the fact that I rarely use Fusion rifles, I have no desire to get it.

I'm pretty sure our guys did RT 3 times. We may have gotten his shields down twice on most attacks too. I know we did it in just 4 kneel-downs so we must have. But there is also something they were doing with Hunter perks and the Super that made them do more damage.

BrolyB593 said:
I still have Fatebringer as my go to primary in the new Raid for now, even over my Mythoclast and 331 Hard Light. Definitely worth maxing out for now at least until we hopefully get a better handcannon from the Hard Crota.
Yep, I use Fatebringer for nearly everything now.

I nearly have my new Raid sniper upgraded to have the extra damage to Hive Majors perk. I'll be really curious to see how it does on the Knights at Crota vs. the Icebreaker. The thing is, I don't have the damage maxed yet and probably won't for a while since I intend to save my Radiant Energy to exchange for shards until I get all the gear I need on all 3 characters. On the other hand, I did just max my upgraded Icebreaker. I'll definitely be switching between the two to see how they compare.

At level 30, and with my Icebreaker in the 301-309 range, it took 3 headshots to kill those Knights. I noticed on my Level 31 it only took 2. But then I also did it at level 30 when my Icebreaker had more damage and it was only taking 2. So it doesn't seem the damage nerf from 31 to 30 is as pronounced on the adds vs. on Crota himself.

Pretty well-written breakdown of some of the problems with the Light system on Kotaku today:  http://kotaku.com/destinys-biggest-flaw-1671385299/+charliejane

Playing Destiny over the weekend, I kept thinking, "So...why am I doing this?"  The only goal is to earn stuff, find stuff, level up a little bit, and earn more stuff.  I feel like I've been duped a bit by Bungie...but that didn't stop me from replaying the weekly again today just so I could cross off the first checkpoint on my 2nd Bad Juju bounty.  Gotta grind to get that second, slightly better version of the gun I already have.

Did take a break to play some DA: Inquisition and look for flowers and candles for my lady, Cassandra.  Now THAT is what gaming is all about, right there.   :whistle2:

Finally blasted through Crota tonight with my three guys and ran my Titan all the way through.

So far first week I have: 

Warlock Raid Legs

Warlock Raid Arms

Titan Raid Legs

2x Black Hammer

Raid Rocket (can't remember name)

Raid Ship

A bunch of Radiant Materials

[and then 3x emblems and shaders]

I would say the RNG is MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH better on this new Raid.

Also io, we did the thing with the second chest where you just sign off and what not back and forth to have everyone get it on their different characters but as our last guy switched over to his last character the chest disappeared. It must be on a timer. Granted a very long timer but nonetheless it DOES disappear after a long while.

Finally blasted through Crota tonight with my three guys and ran my Titan all the way through.

So far first week I have:

Warlock Raid Legs

Warlock Raid Arms

Titan Raid Legs

2x Black Hammer

Raid Rocket (can't remember name)

Raid Ship

A bunch of Radiant Materials

[and then 3x emblems and shaders]

I would say the RNG is MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH better on this new Raid.

Also io, we did the thing with the second chest where you just sign off and what not back and forth to have everyone get it on their different characters but as our last guy switched over to his last character the chest disappeared. It must be on a timer. Granted a very long timer but nonetheless it DOES disappear after a long while.
too bad the chest is the best piece ;)

Wow, good to know on the chest as we might try it 3x with everyone tonight. I'll make sure to keep a pre-chest checkpoint just in case.

I ran Crota tonight with Moose, Gotdott, and some of their other friends and got my Hunter to clear it finally.

My haul across the 3 characters

Shader x 3
Emblem x 3
Warlock chest (already maxed it out to put her at 31 1/2)
Titan gloves
Black Hammer (Solar sniper)
Swordbreaker (shotgun)
Song of Ir Yut (Arc machine gun)
Radiant Shards x ?? (will count them up later - but I used 21 just leveling up that one armor piece)
Radiant Energy x ??

So my armor haul was a little on the light side - I didn't get anything for my Hunter. I also didn't get any of the class items or any random exotics. What I find interesting about this is that we won't really need to do many Crota clears after a few weeks. The only weapons left for me to get after week 1 are the Rocket Launcher (Hunger of Crota) and Fusion Rifle (Light of the Abyss). And then there's the ship which apparently he can drop too though no one got that tonight.

I think after a few weeks, it will be all about those first two checkpoints and the chests (to get mats). I got 3 radiant shards from Crota, so I guess people will do it just for that and duplicate weapons that can be broken down into probably 2 or 3 radiant energy.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
When you are saying log off and log back in do you mean just hit menu and change characters then come right back in?
Yeah, that. Just be sure you aren't the Fireteam leader and take everyone to orbit by accident. Someone in our group did that the other day and hosed a few others out of getting the chest.

The chest despawned on us tonight as well but nearly everyone was able to get it.

So, Raid rewards in week 2 are dramatically different. We went through the whole thing twice. I used my Warlock who got the chest piece last week and got nothing but shards/energy up through Crota. Then on Crota, I got a whopping TWO radiant energy and nothing else. So it seems they fixed the mountain of Chatterwhite issue by simply not giving you the shader on subsequent kills (along with the emblem). I think maybe 2 of the 6 got weapons on this second run for their characters. Then I ran it on my Hunter who got no Raid armor last week and I did get the gloves, but once again no weapon at Crota. I got 2 shards and the ship, at least, though. The ship is pretty cool. Someone had said it was the ship Eris has docked at the Tower. No, it is not - it looks a lot like the Raid weapons actually. It has a skull with 3 glowing eyes on the front of it. It totally belongs in some 70's rock album cover art. I like it ;).

Nightfall is Phogoth with Arc burn (didn't we just have that recently?). Weekly also has Arc burn. Like an idiot I disassembled my Arc rocket launcher thinking it was a machine gun (which I was replacing with the new Raid MG). But at least the Raid machine gun that I got with the CAG group earlier today is arc so I just used that on Phogoth.

I ran it twice with some people from the Raid. I got 7 absolutely useless ascendant energy the first time, but the second time I got the new version of Thunderlord. Good thing I didn't bother with upgrading that with Xur. So I broke down my original one to get the exotic shard out of it.

By the way, I broke down a Super Bad Advice (which I think was the first exotic I ever got) that wasn't even fully upgraded and got TWO exotic shards out of it. That was nice.

So there is an easy way to kill crota:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRqAZ6THzug&feature=youtu.be

From what I understand you go in and drop Crota.  The fireteam leader then quits Destiny.  Wait for the person who left to come back in and then go ahead and finish him off.  Looks like there is a way to cheese every part of the raid except the part right before Crota.

Is anyone running the raid tonight and/or showing us how to cheese each section?  lol

edit - wow, that end cheese looks way too easy.  So you do the 2nd bridge with a warlock from the top of the towers.  What is the first part cheese?  Invisible hunter?  Is that solo only?

I have no idea where to start with this game... I picked it up over the weekend from the Microsoft Store sale.  If anyone else picked it up this week or is doing so from one of today's sales and you need a noob to play with on XBONE... hit me up. haha

Is anyone running the raid tonight and/or showing us how to cheese each section? lol

edit - wow, that end cheese looks way too easy. So you do the 2nd bridge with a warlock from the top of the towers. What is the first part cheese? Invisible hunter? Is that solo only?
Basically from what I watched the person did it as a warlock. Ran to each lantern and did laps around the lantern to keep thralls off while getting weight of darkness down. Then moved to the next one. At the very last lantern before the circle he stood on a rock and waited until just before the lantern exploded before activating the circle. Then return to the rock and wait for the ogre. Bring the ogre down and run across the bridge. An alternative is to stand on top of the lanterns rather than running laps. People have also mentioned using a titan and throwing a dome over the rock. Blade dancer would probably work too if you turn invisible, but I believe if you do that you can run the whole thing without the rock.

For the deathsingers I guess as long as you only attack the wizards the countdown doesn't start. Once you finish them you bring down the screachers and then move to the deathsinger asap. I'm not sure how easy that is to do since I skipped that part. Do the knights and thrall come upstairs during that phase?

I could possibly run it tonight if we got a group. I'm just not sure what time I will get home. Need to drop my car off at the shop after work.

I have no idea where to start with this game... I picked it up over the weekend from the Microsoft Store sale. If anyone else picked it up this week or is doing so from one of today's sales and you need a noob to play with on XBONE... hit me up. haha
Start with the "story." ;-) At least that will unlock your missions and get you leveled up somewhat.

CaseX said:
Raid helmet is now available as a loot drop in Crota's End on normal!!!!!

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---12162014/en/News/News?aid=12470
Well, F them for doing this the day AFTER the reset and not in time for it. I ran it twice after the reset before this hotfix was in place.

I still have my Titan to take through if we want to get a CAG run tonight. But that would be the one character I wouldn't want the helm for since having a Defender Titan with the confuse bubble (which comes from the Saint-41 exotic helm) is pretty crucial in the first section.

Well, F them for doing this the day AFTER the reset. I ran it twice after the reset before this hotfix was in place.

I still have my Titan to take through if we want to get a CAG run tonight.
Bungie hates people who exploit the bounties... ;-)

^ Hah, well since Tuesday AM is a Raid run I wasn't even doing that ;). I had to log off and back on before 1am to reset my Raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back