Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting really effing sick of only getting shards this week from everything in the Raid. I have 2 more checkpoints left to get something worthwhile with my Titan but I doubt it. This week was literally the worst in regards to RNG I have had in a long while. I literally have nothing to show for all the playing I have done the past couple days. Material from Nightfalls, Material from Vanguard leveling, Blues from Cryptarch leveling and some shard during my Raids. Ugh.

Come on upgrading Gjallarhorn, I need a Destiny pick me up.

I am getting really effing sick of only getting shards this week from everything in the Raid. I have 2 more checkpoints left to get something worthwhile with my Titan but I doubt it. This week was literally the worst in regards to RNG I have had in a long while. I literally have nothing to show for all the playing I have done the past couple days. Material from Nightfalls, Material from Vanguard leveling, Blues from Cryptarch leveling and some shard during my Raids. Ugh.

Come on upgrading Gjallarhorn, I need a Destiny pick me up.
I wont tell you what I got this week - we all have those weeks ;)

I wont tell you what I got this week - we all have those weeks ;)
Hahah oh I already read above what you got ya lucky bastard hahaha. If I had what you got my Warlock would be 32 by the end of the weekend!!

I am really hoping next week is better for me, though I am not sure when exactly I will be playing seeing as I am going to go stay with family out of state next week (I will of course be bringing my X1 but finding time to actually play will be the tough part). Hopefully it the Venus Vex Strike (completely blanking on the name) with Solar as that goes by the fastest of them all and then now with all of the cheesing you can do on the new Raid three solid runs can be pumped out with ease.

No problem. That was about the only good thing with getting shards was I had enough to max my boots out. Since RNG hated me this week that means I should have no problems getting something awesome next week.

If I can get on tonight I know JNewms wanted to run the first half of the raid with one of his characters. I think gotdott might be as well. There may be more room if people need to do it.
I will run first half of raid tonight on my Hunter tonight if you guys are running it. Then I'll be done for the week with Raid/Weekly/Nightfall.

Do you think they will fix the Cheese with the next update or will we be able to get another week or two of easy drops? I thought they took a while to break out the baby bumpers on Atheon?

I will run first half of raid tonight on my Hunter tonight if you guys are running it. Then I'll be done for the week with Raid/Weekly/Nightfall.

Do you think they will fix the Cheese with the next update or will we be able to get another week or two of easy drops? I thought they took a while to break out the baby bumpers on Atheon?
Took them 2 months for Templar and about 3 weeks + for Atheon.

By their track record I would say we have time. I honestly hope they patch it all though because just like before it devalues everything because shitty players are getting it all so easily and it is just down to luck. Shitty players can breeze through with cheesing everything and randomly get great gear and then players like me who my team can easily beat it all normally, plays through and I get nothing but shards.

Hell we already have useless 31s that dont know what they are doing and dont even have legendary weapons.

Hahah oh I already read above what you got ya lucky bastard hahaha. If I had what you got my Warlock would be 32 by the end of the weekend!!

I am really hoping next week is better for me, though I am not sure when exactly I will be playing seeing as I am going to go stay with family out of state next week (I will of course be bringing my X1 but finding time to actually play will be the tough part). Hopefully it the Venus Vex Strike (completely blanking on the name) with Solar as that goes by the fastest of them all and then now with all of the cheesing you can do on the new Raid three solid runs can be pumped out with ease.
The Nexus was the weekly before the DLC hit but considering they went out of order back to Summoning Pits again this week who knows. The Mars strike was technically next in line.

The helm I got from Crota is pure strength (like 120) so I don't even want to use it, I'm using the Obsidian Mind that I got from the nightfall instead since the perks are amazing.

The Nexus was the weekly before the DLC hit but considering they went out of order back to Summoning Pits again this week who knows. The Mars strike was technically next in line.

The helm I got from Crota is pure strength (like 120) so I don't even want to use it, I'm using the Obsidian Mind that I got from the nightfall instead since the perks are amazing.
Damn, that does suck that it is pure strength. That is what happened to me on my first Atheon Warlock helmet.

Double post hah

How effective is that last perk where Nova Bomb kills generate more energy for another Nova Bomb? Seeing as it also has increased super energy for minions of darkness kills I would imagine pretty awesome.

Took them 2 months for Templar and about 3 weeks + for Atheon.

By their track record I would say we have time. I honestly hope they patch it all though because just like before it devalues everything because shitty players are getting it all so easily and it is just down to luck. Shitty players can breeze through with cheesing everything and randomly get great gear and then players like me who my team can easily beat it all normally, plays through and I get nothing but shards.

Hell we already have useless 31s that dont know what they are doing and dont even have legendary weapons.
I don't mind having cheesing methods, and I don't personally care if other people have them. If it was always easy to get the CAGs on at the same time it would be different. I feel like we can usually form a competent group that will change tactics on the fly if something isn't working. Getting randoms to work together is a different story and at that point it is better to just cheese than get frustrated when people aren't pulling their weight.

I do see what you are saying about the people who are reaching 31 before their time. Like a bunch of pubescent boys with hard-ons, but wouldn't know what to do if they saw a naked woman.

Got my Husk of the Pit maxed, got myself to Eris Rank 3, and upgraded Husk of the Pit to Eidolon Ally. I'm not too impressed with it so far. For one thing, it maxes out a little lower than the other new legendary and exotics. I still have to unlock all the perks though.

You can also buy the upgrade item for the last node of Murmur. I did that just because - though I don't see myself using it too much.

Oh, and the shader is pretty nice and the last emblem (with the sword) is rank 3 instead of rank 4 like I thought.

Gotdott - you will want to grab those shaders as both (rank 2 and rank 3) seem to make your leggings black. The rank 2 one looks awesome on my Hunter: I'm all black and red. Though on my Warlock they seem to be making me more yellow/green (though in both cases the leg section is black). I've never seen shaders have such different results. But I figure there must be some combination that will look good with your Obsidian Mind.

It looks like it will take a while for me to get to Eris Rank 4 (just for the third shader). Apparently the exp. jump from 3 to 4 is 4000!

Double bounties have been strange for me the last few nights. All I got upon the reset were two. The first was 7 quick melee kills (do Fist of Crota). The second was a Hunter-specific one to kill 15 Hive with precision knife throws. (Later on my Hunter I did this one on the Siege of the Warmind DLC mission - just line up those thralls).

So after doing the ONE new bounty available to my Warlock (7 rapid melee kills) when I quit and reloaded there were FOUR new bounties (the melee one repeated, 3 blade kills, and I forget the others). So I was only able to double up on one of them. That was a little odd.

There is a lot of hate for the double bounty "exploit" on the Bungie forums. Some are going as far as saying people need to be banned! I remember doing this for the Queen's Wrath event but at the time I didn't even realize I was doing it and certainly never considered it an exploit. I would just be playing over the reset and would see new bounties and do them. The next evening I would play again and would be surprised to see similar bounties again so I'd do them again. I just thought that was the way it was supposed to work. If that is an "exploit" it is entirely Bungie's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Husk of the Pit maxed, got myself to Eris Rank 3, and upgraded Husk of the Pit to Eidolon Ally. I'm not too impressed with it so far. For one thing, it maxes out a little lower than the other new legendary and exotics. I still have to unlock all the perks though.

You can also buy the upgrade item for the last node of Murmur. I did that just because - though I don't see myself using it too much.

Oh, and the shader is pretty nice and the last emblem (with the sword) is rank 3 instead of rank 4 like I thought.

Gotdott - you will want to grab those shaders as both (rank 2 and rank 3) seem to make your leggings black. The rank 2 one looks awesome on my Hunter: I'm all black and red. Though on my Warlock they seem to be making me more yellow/green (though in both cases the leg section is black). I've never seen shaders have such different results. But I figure there must be some combination that will look good with your Obsidian Mind.

It looks like it will take a while for me to get to Eris Rank 4 (just for the third shader). Apparently the exp. jump from 3 to 4 is 4000!

Double bounties have been strange for me the last few nights. All I got upon the reset were two. The first was 7 quick melee kills (do Fist of Crota). The second was a Hunter-specific one to kill 15 Hive with precision knife throws. (Later on my Hunter I did this one on the Siege of the Warmind DLC mission - just line up those thralls).

So after doing the ONE new bounty available to my Warlock (7 rapid melee kills) when I quit and reloaded there were FOUR new bounties (the melee one repeated, 3 blade kills, and I forget the others). So I was only able to double up on one of them. That was a little odd.
Sounds like the two bounties that didn't show up were from the same day (blade kills and kills from behind) so that might have something to do with it.

The fact that the Obsidian Mind is all black throws off most shaders but it does seem to go well with my Chatterwhite and Revenant (black and gray). I didn't like the Eris shaders from the previews but I'll check them out again. I do like the raid shader though because it makes my Warlock chest look like something out of Dragon Age :p

I don't mind having cheesing methods, and I don't personally care if other people have them. If it was always easy to get the CAGs on at the same time it would be different. I feel like we can usually form a competent group that will change tactics on the fly if something isn't working. Getting randoms to work together is a different story and at that point it is better to just cheese than get frustrated when people aren't pulling their weight.

I do see what you are saying about the people who are reaching 31 before their time. Like a bunch of pubescent boys with hard-ons, but wouldn't know what to do if they saw a naked woman.
I've done it legit with both Cag group and randoms so at this point it is just another grind. Anything to cut down the time is good from my standpoint, especially since my time to play is limited with family/work/holidays. You can be lvl 31 if you played from day one or if you just bought the game last week so finding a group of people who you like playing with is really the key now.

That sucks it is a huge hike! Ugh. Guess it doesn't matter too much because I am just saving my Radiant Material until I get a full set of Raid gear anyway so that I can get a 32 ready and primed for the Hard Raid.

Same thing happened to me with the double bounties lately. It is 3am my time for the reset and I have to be up at 7am for work and so I haven't done it all that much but when I did this past week that was happening to me. I can see the hate though in the sense that West Coast players have a distinct advantage. If the reset were 1am I would have Eris at almost 4 by now then because I would have done it every night. Obviously with it being at 3am for me it is quite a bit more difficult.

Sure, but it's not like it is some hack cheat/exploit and yet I see people calling it that (not here but on other forums). When I did it with the Queen's Wrath I wasn't even aware I was doing something "different" until near the end. I just thought if you did the bounties quickly for some reason they popped up again. I didn't question it ;).

I have the radiant exchange available now I think - isn't it just Rank 3? I think the only things I'm still locked out of are the second class items and the last shader. So Rank 4 is really just optional for dress-up like it was for Queen's Wrath. I was one bounty away from rank 3 in Queen's Wrath. I would have liked getting the unique items from that. I see very few people with the shader (I'm talking Prism Dancer not the Rosegold) and ship from that. In fact, I've only ever seen one person with the ship. And I've never seen the shader that I'm aware of. That was before they had preview available on shaders and I was always curious what it looked like.

As for Eris, the Warlock rank 4 class item, at least, isn't all that interesting. I prefer the one I have now (from Rank 2). I also have the Hunter rank 2 item. Note that you can just buy all the items with one character and just swap them via the Vault. My Hunter is barely rank 1. So there's really no point doing Eris stuff for more than one. I did some on my Hunter last night just for the variety (as I had two Hunter-specific ones) and general XP (for my one piece of Raid gear). At least they provide some variety from the endlessly repeating Vanguard bounties. Those are starting to bore me to tears.

Oh yeah, here's a Hunter doing the ENTIRE Crota's End Raid solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMUBPo8cwo4&feature=youtu.be

While he doesn't use any "cheese" methods per se, I'd definitely say he is taking advantage of glitches and/or "not playing it the right way" (according to Bungie). I'm sure they will make changes such that a certain number of people need to be in certain parts and probably that you have to camp out on the activation plates instead of activating them and running. I'm not even sure how he did the second bridge section without the Totems killing him. I guess you can step on and then off and the bridge builds while the Totems don't activate? That seems like an unintended effect to me... Though when I did this part legit, the bridge didn't build when we stepped off (in fact it said it was "deconstructing"). He also crosses before it is complete - and I swear when we tried that an invisible wall stopped us.

OK, watching it more closely, it seems all he does is step off when the Annihilator Totems activate, then he steps right back on again (all while fighting the Swordbearer). The bridge does get fully formed but then starts to deconstruct while he is crossing. But then he just jumps over the last part.

Sure, but it's not like it is some hack cheat/exploit and yet I see people calling it that (not here but on other forums). When I did it with the Queen's Wrath I wasn't even aware I was doing something "different" until near the end. I just thought if you did the bounties quickly for some reason they popped up again. I didn't question it ;).

I have the radiant exchange available now I think - isn't it just Rank 3? I think the only things I'm still locked out of are the second class items and the last shader. So Rank 4 is really just optional for dress-up like it was for Queen's Wrath. I was one bounty away from rank 3 in Queen's Wrath. I would have liked getting the unique items from that. I see very few people with the shader (I'm talking Prism Dancer not the Rosegold) and ship from that. In fact, I've only ever seen one person with the ship. And I've never seen the shader that I'm aware of. That was before they had preview available on shaders and I was always curious what it looked like.

As for Eris, the Warlock rank 4 class item, at least, isn't all that interesting. I prefer the one I have now (from Rank 2). I also have the Hunter rank 2 item. Note that you can just buy all the items with one character and just swap them via the Vault. My Hunter is barely rank 1. So there's really no point doing Eris stuff for more than one. I did some on my Hunter last night just for the variety (as I had two Hunter-specific ones) and general XP (for my one piece of Raid gear). At least they provide some variety from the endlessly repeating Vanguard bounties. Those are starting to bore me to tears.
Rank 4 is needed to do material exchange.

I by no means would complain and call it cheating and all of that but I am just saying I can understand the frustration because for certain players it is something that can easily be taken advantage of and for others it is quite difficult and near impossible to do.

I feel like the new Omnigul strike is like a microcosm of the entire Destiny experience. The complaints people have about it-- it's mostly recycled content, there's no story, it's just fighting the same waves of enemies over and over again-- they're all valid. And yet, none of that stops it from being fun as shit.

BrolyB593 said:
Rank 4 is needed to do material exchange.

I by no means would complain and call it cheating and all of that but I am just saying I can understand the frustration because for certain players it is something that can easily be taken advantage of and for others it is quite difficult and near impossible to do.
Sure, in the end, though, even if you do single bounties (and can probably skip several as well) everyone should have no problem hitting Rank 4 by the time the Hard raid comes out. And that is the important thing - being able to exchange mats to gear up for that. Though by that time if you run the Raid every week you'll probably have plenty anyway and won't need to exchange much. Getting to Rank 4 early really doesn't do much for you other than let you dress different than everyone else.

Also, none of the complaints I've seen mention that some people can do it and some can't or bring up time zones. They just straight up call it a cheat/exploit. Given the extreme cheesing going on for the Raid, that just seems silly.

Ryuukishi said:
I feel like the new Omnigul strike is like a microcosm of the entire Destiny experience. The complaints people have about it-- it's mostly recycled content, there's no story, it's just fighting the same waves of enemies over and over again-- they're all valid. And yet, none of that stops it from being fun as shit.
Yeah, exactly ;).

Yup, pretty much.

No matter how hard Bungie may try, we keep playing ;)

And to be fair, I like most of the Omnigul strike. It's fun and challenging... but the boss fight sucks @55.

For me, it's alot like the Valus T'aurc fight, mostly good and the boss fight ruins it.

Getting to Rank 4 early really doesn't do much for you other than let you dress different than everyone else.
I'm not overly concerned about what my guardian looks like, but the Eris level 4 shader is pretty badass.

RADa5AURU5 said:
I'm not overly concerned about what my guardian looks like, but the Eris level 4 shader is pretty badass.
Indeed - and since I spend so much time playing this game, well, yeah, I do care a little bit about how my guardian looks. Plus, hitting rank 4 is something to do, and lord knows this game is lacking in the "something to do" category once you complete the weekly stuff (which I was all done with as of yesterday evening).

Hey, we do have Xur tonight - so there is that!

Indeed - and since I spend so much time playing this game, well, yeah, I do care a little bit about how my guardian looks. Plus, hitting rank 4 is something to do, and lord knows this game is lacking in the "something to do" category once you complete the weekly stuff (which I was all done with as of yesterday evening).

Hey, we do have Xur tonight - so there is that!
I need one more strange coin, and almost 60 hours in I may finally be able to get my first exotic.

If for some reason I can't pull a coin on tomorrow's public events (which knowing this game is exactly what will happen), will buying an engram with motes of light end up giving me something for the wrong class?

Sonne said:
I need one more strange coin, and almost 60 hours in I may finally be able to get my first exotic.

If for some reason I can't pull a coin on tomorrow's public events (which knowing this game is exactly what will happen), will buying an engram with motes of light end up giving me something for the wrong class?
You have roughly a 1/3 chance for your own class. I say 'roughly' because it is possible there is some tweak in there that makes it more likely you'll get something for your own class but no one knows for sure. I was pretty lucky early on in my game. I got a Titan item for my Titan and a Warlock item for my Warlock. Since then it has been more random (but then now I have characters in all 3 classes so it doesn't really matter to me).

You have roughly a 1/3 chance for your own class. I say 'roughly' because it is possible there is some tweak in there that makes it more likely you'll get something for your own class but no one knows for sure. I was pretty lucky early on in my game. I got a Titan item for my Titan and a Warlock item for my Warlock. Since then it has been more random (but then now I have characters in all 3 classes so it doesn't really matter to me).
In which case I'll hope I can get a coin tomorrow. I have had the worst luck with drops, it's almost comical compared to my best friend who seems to always get what he needs.

You happen to know how likely it is to get coins on the public events? I really don't want to have to try a Heroic Strike. Have yet to be able to finish one with randoms.

Sonne said:
In which case I'll hope I can get a coin tomorrow. I have had the worst luck with drops, it's almost comical compared to my best friend who seems to always get what he needs.

You happen to know how likely it is to get coins on the public events? I really don't want to have to try a Heroic Strike. Have yet to be able to finish one with randoms.
I have no idea. I seem to get them pretty frequently not only from public events but also just from random engrams (often blue ones). But I'd say the chances of getting one from a single public event tomorrow are pretty low. Remember it could me a mote of light as well (if it isn't shard/energy).

I figured you had already run the Heroic Weekly and were capped out for the week. What level are you? If all you need is one coin, I'm sure someone on CAG can carry you through the lowest level Weekly if not the highest one. I'd certainly be up for that - probably just the lowest one (that gets you 3 coins) just to make it fast. I won't be on until really late tonight (like 11-12 Pacific) though.

I have no idea. I seem to get them pretty frequently not only from public events but also just from random engrams (often blue ones). But I'd say the chances of getting one from a single public event tomorrow are pretty low. Remember it could me a mote of light as well (if it isn't shard/energy).

I figured you had already run the Heroic Weekly and were capped out for the week. What level are you? If all you need is one coin, I'm sure someone on CAG can carry you through the lowest level Weekly if not the highest one. I'd certainly be up for that - probably just the lowest one (that gets you 3 coins) just to make it fast. I won't be on until really late tonight (like 11-12 Pacific) though.
I'd be down for that actually, maybe tomorrow if I don't pull it from the public events? I'm a level 28 Hunter, 3/4 of the way to 29.

Just got "TFWPKY 1969" hand cannon from a purple engram. I am so stoked, it was exactly the gun I wanted to get when I decrypted it. Couldn't believe it.

Sonne said:
I'd be down for that actually, maybe tomorrow if I don't pull it from the public events? I'm a level 28 Hunter, 3/4 of the way to 29.
Yeah, I'll probably be on later Friday (like 9pm Pacific). Go ahead and add me on XBL (Odibee).

At 28 you should have no problem doing the lowest level weekly, which is what, 26 now? It used to be 24/26/28 but I guess they bumped that all up to 26/28/30.

I'll run my Hunter, too, since I just need to pick up any random armor engrams with that one (need the Sapphire Wire which is all that is holding me back from upgrades, believe it or not...).

Make sure you have Arc damage weapons with you if you have any (and maybe level them up a bit beforehand).

Double post hah

How effective is that last perk where Nova Bomb kills generate more energy for another Nova Bomb? Seeing as it also has increased super energy for minions of darkness kills I would imagine pretty awesome.
Well minions of darkness are nice, but I just got 5 people with a nova bomb in Iron Banner and had my super back a few seconds later ;)

My xbox messed up so I didn't get a recording definitely not because I missed and nova bombed a wall right after

I realized the rank 5 shader looks really sweet with the warlock raid gear so I guess I'm suckered into playing more pvp.............

Xur is down to the left by the Speaker.

I bought Knucklehead Radar for my Hunter and the Patience and Time sniper rifle. I've heard good things about it. Then I upgraded my Truth RL. No Gjallahorn (to buy or upgrade), unfortunately.

I also don't think the exp for Eris to go from rank 3 to rank 4 is 4000 or 6000 or whatever I had heard the other day. I did double bounties on 4 tonight and already got 1/4 of the way from rank 3 to rank 4. So it is looking more like 3000 (assuming I got 93 from all of them with the Nightfall bonus x 8 = 744, or about 1/4 of 3000). And yeah, that rank 4 shader is pretty cool - definitely going to get that.

I bought Knucklehead Radar for my Hunter and the Patience and Time sniper rifle. I've heard good things about it. Then I upgraded my Truth RL. No Gjallahorn (to buy or upgrade), unfortunately.

I also don't think the exp for Eris to go from rank 3 to rank 4 is 4000 or 6000 or whatever I had heard the other day. I did double bounties on 4 tonight and already got 1/4 of the way from rank 3 to rank 4. So it is looking more like 3000 (assuming I got 93 from all of them with the Nightfall bonus x 8 = 744, or about 1/4 of 3000). And yeah, that rank 4 shader is pretty cool - definitely going to get that.
I need that helmet.

And yeah of course I only got a mote of light from three public events, so I guess I'll be seeing you on later hopefully. You have a third?

EDIT: Ended up getting it done this morning. Still up for strikes whenever you need a third.

I can see where you're coming from, except for the story complaint. Omnigul's strike has more story to it than any other strike. It is the culmination of all the main missions. You finally get to bring down this wizard you've been seeing throughout the DLC. Ok, I guess that is more backstory, but I feel like that is better than Dinklebot telling you something as you fly in and having that be all the narrative.

Since I'm thoroughly convinced that RNG hates me I believe the odds are forever not in my favor when it comes to Xur's exotic helms. Of the three I have purchased I have gotten two titan helmets and one hunter helmet. Nothing for my warlock. At least now when I buy one tonight I can at least scrap it for an exotic shard.

My friend and I both picked up a Bad Juju bounty last night so we are probably going to be running the weekly to do the first part of the bounty tonight. I figured I'm better off doing that than paying Xur to upgrade mine. Then scrap my (sadly fully upgraded) Bad Juju for a shard...

I did manage to get the husk of the pit after some minor grinding and then maxed out the upgrade. Now just to finish off enough bounties so I can buy Crota's testicle to upgrade it.

Picked up Patience and Time, Knucklehead Radar and the new Warlock Gauntlets.

Will upgrade Multi Tool but I think that is it. I find myself dismantling old exotics and not caring to upgrade them if they arent ones I like anyway. I may upgrade my Hunter Chestpieces but again don't really care all that much for them.

I have about 50 Motes left right now from before and I am really tempted to buy an engram mainly because I want that damn new Warlock Helmet!! Seeing as I already have (of the new upgraded helmets) 3x Hunter, 1x Warlock and 2x Titan the chances of me getting a duplicate are crazy high...

I'm guessing I should buy the Warlock and Titan Gauntlets just in case I actually pull a raid helm next week on my Titan or 'Lock? Have raid boots & chest on Titan and boots on 'Lock and Hunter.

Think I will buy P&T so I have a good arc sniper to go with Ice Breaker and Praedyth's Revenge. Plus this
Axl+Rose+Patience.jpg

How many shards and class specific armor pieces do you get when breaking down old Legendary and Raid Armors. Realized all this Light 27/30 armor is taking my up storage space.

Picked up Patience and Time, Knucklehead Radar and the new Warlock Gauntlets.

Will upgrade Multi Tool but I think that is it. I find myself dismantling old exotics and not caring to upgrade them if they arent ones I like anyway. I may upgrade my Hunter Chestpieces but again don't really care all that much for them.

I have about 50 Motes left right now from before and I am really tempted to buy an engram mainly because I want that damn new Warlock Helmet!! Seeing as I already have (of the new upgraded helmets) 3x Hunter, 1x Warlock and 2x Titan the chances of me getting a duplicate are crazy high...
The obsidian one? That's the one I keep hoping for. I know somebody who has one, a particular CAG who loves to wear his buttons out punching people...

The obsidian one? That's the one I keep hoping for. I know somebody who has one, a particular CAG who loves to wear his buttons out punching people...
Yeah man I want that helmet so bad! I do not like having to use the stupid Light Beyond Nemesis, it is my least favorite Warlock exotic

As if that unnamed CAG even needs a freaking exotic helmet as he has the Raid one...

My boss got an Obsidian Mind from the engram this morning. That thing looks badass.

I was all excited to buy a weapon this morning, but no dice. I wish he would sell Suros Regime again; I missed it the first time around but I'd like to have one. I already have more snipers than I know what to do with. I did get an engram and got a nice new helm for my Titan from that, and bought Knucklehead Radar for my Hunter. I also had two exotic bounties going that needed items from Xur, so now I can proceed with those.

I've been sick the past three weeks, so I haven't been gaming really at all. Starting to feel much better so I popped in Destiny for an hour and finally got to level 30! Pathetic, I know, but it felt good to finally get there. Now I'm debating if I want to main an exotic helmet or an exotic chest piece. It's mostly to see how I can get to the highest light level, but it's partially about aesthetics too. Any opinions?

^ Run the new Raid at 30 and see what armor you get. You'll most likely get one on your first try. That might help decide which exotic to go with, though I can tell you for sure you have a lower chance of getting a helm. I'm running exotic helms on all 3 of my characters - but I made that decision before they patched it to drop the helm in the Raid.

--------------

I didn't even notice Warlock gloves at Xur. What perks do they have?

Of course it all depends on what armor items (if any) I get from the Raid next week. I did get the Heart of Praxis Fire (chest piece) from the Nightfall but then the only Raid armor I have right now (from 2 runs) is the chest piece, and it looks kind of cool (plus I spent those precious Radiant Shards getting it fully upgraded). I would think eventually I'd want to get all Raid gear except for the Sunbreakers (unless those new ones are better). But I didn't pay to upgrade those just yet - I'll hold off for a while I guess.

So, I was disappointed with the upgrade options this week.  Truth is the only one I can upgrade this time; well, I could do Plan C, but there's really nothing remarkable about that FR.   However, I bought the new version of P&T and broke down my old one.

Also bought a couple helmet engrams and got the Symbiote helm for my hunter and the Apotheosis Veill for my warlock.  That last one has me excited because I've been using Light Beyond Nemesis forever and wanted something different.  Has anyone bought the new warlock gloves Xur is offering?  Thoughts?  

^ Run the new Raid at 30 and see what armor you get. You'll most likely get one on your first try. That might help decide which exotic to go with, though I can tell you for sure you have a lower chance of getting a helm. I'm running exotic helms on all 3 of my characters - but I made that decision before they patched it to drop the helm in the raids.
Good advice, thanks. I've only been rough 3/4 of the raid so I want to play it all the way through. I did get the grieves during that run, though. I'm up for the raid next time a group gets together.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12344667" timestamp="1419043275"]I bought two and got duplicates : ([/quote]
That sucks. My first thought (after being excited) was "I hope Broly gets lucky too."

That sucks. My first thought (after being excited) was "I hope Broly gets lucky too."
Aw hahaha thanks man but oh well I am alright with my terrible luck. I have accepted that this week is just pure unlucky and I am hoping that I get it out of my Destiny's system and next week I get lots of Raid Armor and a new Gjallarhorn ; DDDD

I'm not even going to try. I bought 3 last week and wanted either Obsidian Mind or Knucklehead Radar and got neither. I'll just wait for it to drop via the Nightfall or for Xur to sell it (like with Knucklehead this week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back