Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Xur is selling that upgrade for the Sunbreakers again this week and I see its still highlighted for me to buy. If I already bought it last week I don't need to buy it again correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleared Crota on all three of my toons this week. The final one gave me black hammer. This gun is so much fun on boss fights. Only need the rocket and fusion rifle and I'll have all available raid guns till the primaries come out on hard mode.

I see that Xur is selling that upgrade for the Sunbreakers again this week and I see its still highlighted for me to buy. If I already bought it last week I don't need to buy it again correct?
Correct. Its only highlighted because you have all the requirements to buy it.

I did the raid on my characters yesterday and got the chest for my hunter, and the helm, chest, and Light of the Abyss on my titan.

I'm planning to jump back into Destiny again soon since I never really got far into it (I quit at the Moon). Are all the classes pretty much balanced throughout raids and pvp or does one of them come out ahead/behind? I just don't want to pick a class and find out it "sucks" down the road.

I'm planning to jump back into Destiny again soon since I never really got far into it (I quit at the Moon). Are all the classes pretty much balanced throughout raids and pvp or does one of them come out ahead/behind? I just don't want to pick a class and find out it "sucks" down the road.
I'd sum it up like this:

Hunters: pretty vicious in PvP, average in the Atheon raid, hereos in the Crota Raid

Titans: get work done, all-around solid class. Good in both raids

Warlocks: the game-breakers (due to their self-revive ability)

Seems pretty balanced, I'm not aware of any consensus that there's a best/worst class.

So I got a Husk of the Pit... I need to get Eris Morn to level 4 before I can even buy the item required to start leveling it, right?

Seems pretty balanced, I'm not aware of any consensus that there's a best/worst class.

So I got a Husk of the Pit... I need to get Eris Morn to level 4 before I can even buy the item required to start leveling it, right?
I think you can get the kills now. You just won't finish the upgrade until you get Eris' item

Ryuukishi said:

You only need Eris rank 3 to upgrade it (along with the final node of Murmur). I've had the Eidolan Ally for a few days now and am working on maxing that out. It doesn't seem all that great though - it will have to wait for the Crota hard mode drop to reach its full potential I guess.

By the way, I take back my take back from before: it really is 4000 exp to go from rank 3 to rank 4. I thought I was 1/4 the way through but then I turned in two more bounties and only then was I was really 1/4 the way through. So it took about 10 bounties to get 1/4 the way to rank 4. So that equates to about 1000 exp (most were 93, some were 125).

Meaning if you get 4 bounties done per day, assuming an average of 100 per bounty, it would take 10 days to get from rank 3 to rank 4. So everyone ought to be there by the time the hard raid comes out.

Yea I was working on my bad juju and thorn bounties while doing iron banner with a friend
Have you had a chance to upgrade and use either of those? I'm wondering how they are post-patch. I sharded my Juju before the buff; I like pulse rifles, but it was worthless then (plus I found the animation really distracting). I did one round of IB today and got to 18/500 on the Thorn bounty, so it's gonna take me forever to complete, I don't want to continue if it's not worth it.

Have you had a chance to upgrade and use either of those? I'm wondering how they are post-patch. I sharded my Juju before the buff; I like pulse rifles, but it was worthless then (plus I found the animation really distracting). I did one round of IB today and got to 18/500 on the Thorn bounty, so it's gonna take me forever to complete, I don't want to continue if it's not worth it.
They fixed the animation on Bad Juju so it's not so distracting anymore. I had my old one fully upgraded and loved it; best PR by far. Just finished the bounty again and unlocked the new and improved version last night.

Finally beat the damn raid today.  Got Light of the Abyss and Dogged Gage (Hunter Gauntlets).  Just need either a chest piece or helm from the raid and a shit load of shards to hit 32. :)

Also went for the first chest with my Warlock and got a Dragon's Breath from the chest.  :D

Between those and getting an Arachnid Helm for the Hunter, pretty good week for me

EDIT:  Also helped my buddy do VoG on Hard so he could get a Fatebringer and boom.  4 guys in the raid party got them.  3 of them for their first time.

You only need Eris rank 3 to upgrade it (along with the final node of Murmur). I've had the Eidolan Ally for a few days now and am working on maxing that out. It doesn't seem all that great though - it will have to wait for the Crota hard mode drop to reach its full potential I guess.
I have the Eidolan Ally maxed out and it is very meh.

I equate it to Atheon's Epilogue with a smaller clip. Which seeing as the Epilogue usually blasted through a full clip to kill stuff you can imagine the difficulty this gun has. Definitely not something that I can see myself ever using now that it is maxed until I get that Crux of Crota. It does have lightning fast reload speeds after a melee kill so I found running in to a small group while blasting each enemy a bit and then punching one when in range when close enough and then nearly instantly reloading due to that extra speed and then spraying the new clip on the remaining health of those couple is pretty fun. Again nothing amazing but still fun to use at times.

Got around to doing the first 2 reward checkpoints on my Titan and as per my luck this week... two shards at each!

[quote name="RADa5AURU5" post="12346848" timestamp="1419121705"]Have you had a chance to upgrade and use either of those? I'm wondering how they are post-patch. I sharded my Juju before the buff; I like pulse rifles, but it was worthless then (plus I found the animation really distracting). I did one round of IB today and got to 18/500 on the Thorn bounty, so it's gonna take me forever to complete, I don't want to continue if it's not worth it.[/quote]
It builds up your super really fast. The thought of combining that with my obsidian mind makes my mouth water... :D

My last two rank-up packages have both contained Coiled Hiss. I guess I had to balance out my good luck with some bad after obtaining TFWPKY in the one before that. :/

Just posted a clip to my Xbox Live. It's a glimmer farming spot I just learned about; you guys may all know about it already but thought I'd share just in case. Getting about 500 glimmer per minute and upgrading armour pretty fast at the same time. It's on Venus in the room with the servitor.

Ruin Wings plus Truth has been fun.

Finally did VoG for the first time. Ok with my pull, tbh I just wanted to get my first run through out of the way. 

Got cloak, that sniper, chatterwhite and enough shards to get me to 30. That was fun, I want to do it again before trying Crota. 

Sonne said:
Finally did VoG for the first time. Ok with my pull, tbh I just wanted to get my first run through out of the way.

Got cloak, that sniper, chatterwhite and enough shards to get me to 30. That was fun, I want to do it again before trying Crota.
Let me know if/when you do it again. I wouldn't mind going through "casually" on Normal to get more shards.

Also, I do have the Hard mode Oracles checkpoint if you want to try to get some hard mode drops. The group I run with wanted to do it Friday night and we only got that far (which is the hard part) before people had to go. I joined in when they were at the Confluxes, so I got nothing out of all that work.

Oracles are easy on Hard mode - Templar will be a little more tough now though. I wouldn't mind just doing the Oracles and then doing the whole thing on Normal from the start.

I see a lot of people (via xbox.com) are on and playing Destiny now. Maybe I'll hop on and see what everyone is up to.

^^^ nice work, beating Atheon the first time is pretty satisfying ^^^

Most important firsts in my life:

1 losing my virginity
2 birth of my first child
3 beating atheon
4 my wedding day
5 grad school graduation

I'd recommend being level 31 before tackling Crota, as well as #s 1 and 4 on that list.

Hey, man, I did all of that before I was level 31 ;).

So last night I was trying to consolidate all my Atheon Raid weapons and breaking down any that I had any more than 3 or 4 of. I think I had 5 Fatebringers. I kept 4 of those: one on each char (which I will level up for each) plus a spare in the Vault. It is just that cool. But I reduced my Hezen Vengeance, Corrective Measure, and Found Verdict to 2 of each. And I think I need to whittle down Atheon's Epilogue and Vision of Confluence to 3 also.

Surprisingly, I only ever got one Praedyth's Revenge (the Normal mode sniper). And I only ever got one Timepiece (hard mode pulse rife) and Vex Mythoclast (hard mode primary fusion rifle).

By the way, that Hard mode Oracles checkpoint can give you Fatebringer, so I would suggest anyone who doesn't already have it running that since I have that checkpoint ready to go.

It is still the best weapon (IMO) to use in Crota's End and will probably remain so until the Hard mode primaries start showing up. (Vex Mythoclast is also good but runs out of ammo too easily).

RADa5AURU5 said:
Oracles is the only thing I haven't done on hard this week, when do you want to run it?
If my wife doesn't get mad at me, I can do it right now (like 10-15 minutes). See if you can gather the rest of the CAGs. I see a lot online playing Destiny now (Gotdott, Moose, Simosaurus, etc).

Just posted a clip to my Xbox Live. It's a glimmer farming spot I just learned about; you guys may all know about it already but thought I'd share just in case. Getting about 500 glimmer per minute and upgrading armour pretty fast at the same time. It's on Venus in the room with the servitor.

Ruin Wings plus Truth has been fun.
I dont have xbox so is there a way you cam post it via youtube or be more specific on where it is? Hehe! I usually farm in mars doing the "exclusion zone" mission. Takes around 2mins to get around 500 glimmer. That 500glimmer/minute seems better.

I swear my material drop for Crota has been nearly 50/50 (I'm at like 26 energy/30 shards) so not hitting 32 anytime soon (unless I get 15 sets of shards next week).

Just missing the Hunger of Crota weapon wise though

I dont have xbox so is there a way you cam post it via youtube or be more specific on where it is? Hehe! I usually farm in mars doing the "exclusion zone" mission. Takes around 2mins to get around 500 glimmer. That 500glimmer/minute seems better.
I'm not sure how to share outside of Xbox, but it's pretty easy to explain:

Clear out the room with the servitor and other fallen, go out the door that overlooks the water, jump up onto the ledge above the door, then double-jump as high and as far backward as you can, if you do it right you will see red show up on your radar. Rinse, repeat, profit.

I think the game must respawn the enemies once you're a certain radius from the spawn point, which is why jumping out and away works. It takes some practice, but once you get it you can do it 4 and a fraction times per minute at 88 glimmer a pop.

gotdott said:
I swear my material drop for Crota has been nearly 50/50 (I'm at like 26 energy/30 shards) so not hitting 32 anytime soon (unless I get 15 sets of shards next week).

Just missing the Hunger of Crota weapon wise though
Well, I guess you don't have ALL the luck ;).

I got enough shards to get me pretty close to 32. The problem is, of course, that I don't have the armor for it. And I only ever got the 3 original Raid run weapons (that are guaranteed). I got crap for drops the second week.

In fact I got so little I wasn't entirely sure today that I had done it with all my characters (it would be nice if the web site advisor showed the new Raid progress). It just seems so long since I did Crota since I did it twice Monday night and then the third time with you guys on Tuesday. This has been a long week - can't wait for the reset!

I even got tempted to delete a character and re-level it back up just to do the Raid again this week. But that is just a little too extreme...

Funny thing though on that Vault of Glass Hard mode Oracles checkpoint I got TWO armor pieces. Oh, yeah, sure, now the old Raid gives 'em out like candy now that the armor is useless...

Well, I guess you don't have ALL the luck ;).I got enough shards to get me pretty close to 32. The problem is, of course, that I don't have the armor for it. And I only ever got the 3 original Raid run weapons (that are guaranteed). I got crap for drops the second week.In fact I got so little I wasn't entirely sure today that I had done it with all my characters (it would be nice if the web site advisor showed the new Raid progress).
They added Crota progress to the app this week, the website should be the same.

Well, I guess you don't have ALL the luck ;).

I got enough shards to get me pretty close to 32. The problem is, of course, that I don't have the armor for it. And I only ever got the 3 original Raid run weapons (that are guaranteed). I got crap for drops the second week.

In fact I got so little I wasn't entirely sure today that I had done it with all my characters (it would be nice if the web site advisor showed the new Raid progress). It just seems so long since I did Crota since I did it twice Monday night and then the third time with you guys on Tuesday. This has been a long week - can't wait for the reset!

I even got tempted to delete a character and re-level it back up just to do the Raid again this week. But that is just a little too extreme...

Funny thing though on that Vault of Glass Hard mode Oracles checkpoint I got TWO armor pieces. Oh, yeah, sure, now the old Raid gives 'em out like candy now that the armor is useless...
The adviser does show raid progress for me. Four checkpoints on VoG and three on Crota.

I asked this question in the Sony thread but I thought I should ask her also.

Has anyone ever re-rolled and gotten the IB sniper with a 3rd Eye? I just want to know if I should keep trying for it if its possible, thanks

So jelly. Hit me up next time you have a Fatebringer party. :)
Was looking for you last night when we needed one more. You weren't on :cry: I will probably keep running VoG because I want to say I own all the raid weapons (Need Praedyth's Timepiece and a Corrective Measure still). So I will always look for you when I am running that for sure. Same goes for any other CAGs that would like to partake!

If anyone here wants to add me, I'm pretty much on everyday and always down to help so feel free to add me and I'll add you back! I have io, Rad, and Ryu on my friends list already. Only big time weapon I lack is a damn IceBreaker still. My Titan is only a level 2 right now, I'd better get on that speaking of which.... But my Hunter is one raid piece and shit ton of shards away from 32. Warlock is 30 1/2.

My crota group wanted to do VoG from my Oracle checkpoint. We ended doing the semi-cheese by letting me run down with my Warlock and everyone stayed up top and sniped and Ballerhorn'ed him. Only took a couple tries but I think I can totally rock the relic on the Templar part now :D

So yeah.... My drops from VoG:

3rd Hezen ----> Sharded

3rd Fatebringer ----> Keeping. Might Will keep one on each of my guys from here on out now. :D

2nd Vision of Confluence ----> Sharded (In hindsight, I should have kept this one, but when the Hard Raid Primaries come out, this might not be as good. Personally I think FB will still have value since the explode precision perk is baller)

2nd Vex ----> Debating this one.... I like the gun but man it runs out of ammo so freaking fast.

3rd Timebreaker Sparrow ----> Keeping this for my titan.

2nd set of Gloves (LOL this has higher max Intellect than the current set I still have....)

2nd Raid Helm ----> Sharded

So yeah it was quite a good run. I still want a fooking IceBreaker though :bomb:

My Crota Drops:

Got boots for my Warlock. Then 50/50 split on Radiant Energy and Shards. I'm alright with that.

Got Swordbreaker? I think that is what it is called. The Raid Shotgun. I really want that damn sniper though! Hell Hunger of Crota or the Machine Gun would have been better drops for me than the damn shotgun.

My Light of The Abyss needs 2 more energy to be maxed. Managed to do that in two days... :wall:

I'm liking the Dragon's Breath. It has a perk where after hitting the target, it drops a solar grenade like the warlock has. Pretty cool but enemies don't sit there and take damage but it does hit hard. I'm currently using the perk where it pretty much doubles the velocity. :) Overall a solid rocket but BallerHorn is STILL the master race rocket launcher. I think I do like it better than Truth though.

Was looking for you last night when we needed one more. You weren't on :cry: I will probably keep running VoG because I want to say I own all the raid weapons (Need Praedyth's Timepiece and a Corrective Measure still). So I will always look for you when I am running that for sure. Same goes for any other CAGs that would like to partake!
That sucks, I was on like all day yesterday, we must have just missed each other. Corrective Measure is actually the only gun I do have from VOG, I'd love to grab an Atheon's Epilogue, Vision of Confluence, or Fatebringer.

I'm not sure how to share outside of Xbox, but it's pretty easy to explain:

Clear out the room with the servitor and other fallen, go out the door that overlooks the water, jump up onto the ledge above the door, then double-jump as high and as far backward as you can, if you do it right you will see red show up on your radar. Rinse, repeat, profit.

I think the game must respawn the enemies once you're a certain radius from the spawn point, which is why jumping out and away works. It takes some practice, but once you get it you can do it 4 and a fraction times per minute at 88 glimmer a pop.
It's funny, I kept trying to figure out where this was located. Kept wondering what mission had servitor's, with an ocean view.

Finally realized you were talking about the regular open area on Venus, duh :wall: :lol:

QFT! In one Hard VoG run I got chest, arms and helmet. Only thing it didn't give were the boots (where have we heard that before :D )

So yeah.... My drops from VoG:

3rd Hezen ----> Sharded

3rd Fatebringer ----> Keeping. Might Will keep one on each of my guys from here on out now. :D

2nd Vision of Confluence ----> Sharded (In hindsight, I should have kept this one, but when the Hard Raid Primaries come out, this might not be as good. Personally I think FB will still have value since the explode precision perk is baller)

2nd Vex ----> Debating this one.... I like the gun but man it runs out of ammo so freaking fast.

3rd Timebreaker Sparrow ----> Keeping this for my titan.

2nd set of Gloves (LOL this has higher max Intellect than the current set I still have....)

2nd Raid Helm ----> Sharded

So yeah it was quite a good run. I still want a fooking IceBreaker though :bomb:

My Crota Drops:

Got boots for my Warlock. Then 50/50 split on Radiant Energy and Shards. I'm alright with that.

Got Swordbreaker? I think that is what it is called. The Raid Shotgun. I really want that damn sniper though! Hell Hunger of Crota or the Machine Gun would have been better drops for me than the damn shotgun.

My Light of The Abyss needs 2 more energy to be maxed. Managed to do that in two days... :wall:

I'm liking the Dragon's Breath. It has a perk where after hitting the target, it drops a solar grenade like the warlock has. Pretty cool but enemies don't sit there and take damage but it does hit hard. I'm currently using the perk where it pretty much doubles the velocity. :) Overall a solid rocket but BallerHorn is STILL the master race rocket launcher. I think I do like it better than Truth though.
You're just swimming in Fatebringer's and Hezen's.

I'm still waiting on my 1st of either one. RNG did love to give me Praedyth's Revenge and Found Verdict though. Think I'm up to 6 & 7 respectively.

And my 2nd Crota kill got me another Hunger of Crota RL

That sucks, I was on like all day yesterday, we must have just missed each other. Corrective Measure is actually the only gun I do have from VOG, I'd love to grab an Atheon's Epilogue, Vision of Confluence, or Fatebringer.
Yeah I saw you on then boom you were offline. I'll be more than happy to run VoG with you though. I need that Corrective Measure...

I'm still waiting on my 1st of either one. RNG did love to give me Praedyth's Revenge and Found Verdict though. Think I'm up to 6 & 7 respectively.

Oddly I've only gotten one Atheons. I couldn't get boots at the time to save my life either on both my guys. I got raid helms on both my first time on hard each along with a Vex on my Hunter. I'm guilty of having 2 Gjallarhorns too. ;) RNG loves me apparently. I actually have a friend who has gotten 5 Fatebringers...

Hmm, well, there is Crota progress on the web site now. It was just generic "Raid" progress last time I checked it (and it was VoG only as mine were all empty even after doing Crota). So, yeah, I do have it all filled out for all 3 characters. So there's something on there that I don't think anyone mentioned. They are calling Hard "Level 33". Holy crap - does that mean it will start at 33 and then be 34 mid-way and 35 at the end? That can't be right. Maybe all the enemies are going to be 33 the whole way. Still, if that is combined with the no revive penalty, that Hard Raid will be brutal.

I noticed something else in-game for he first time last night. Eris is now making comments about how I beat Crota. That's a nice touch. I think this might have just changed with that 75MB patch that came yesterday because I swear just before that she was still talking about how I should be able to beat him.

aFrostyONE said:

Damn - I really want that Hunger of Crota. It seems like Crota hates me after that first week. Across all 3 characters the only thing I got besides shards/energy on my second week was a single piece of Titan armor and the Titan class mark, and the ship with my Hunter. My Warlock (who I'd like to get to 32 first) got jack squat.

RNG is so funny because in all my VoG runs, Normal and Hard, across 3 characters, I only ever got one Praedyth's Revenge. I got at least 4 of Atheon's Epilogue and Vision of Confluence though.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I actually have a friend who has gotten 5 Fatebringers...
I got 5 or 6. I got TWO from one checkpoint a few weeks ago (I hadn't done Normal that week so it was a double drop).

I wouldn't mind going through it again if anyone sees me on and needs one. I still have an Oracles checkpoint, too, if anyone wants to run it this evening.

The one weapon I have yet to get from VoG Hard is the fusion rifle. I think that is only from the Gatekeepers checkpoint, though, right? As I said before I can live without it. But I also figure stocking up on more shards/energy isn't a bad thing either, especially when I decided to max out a Fatebringer for each character. I might do the same for VoC if I can score more ascendant energy (though I still have quite a bit).

The things limiting me from leveling gear are lack of Helium (by far the hardest one to farm IMO) and sapphire wire for my Hunter (I have like 600 plasteel plating for my Titan but I am always low on Hunter material). I guess at this point I could go back to just buying the Helium since I don't see using my Vanguard marks again after getting that initial set of level 31 armor. I never even used my commendations either - have like 7 in the Vault. I just never needed to buy the helm or chest piece since an exotic helm + new Vanguard gloves/boots + VoG chest piece gets you to 31.

I wouldn't mind going through it again if anyone sees me on and needs one. The one weapon I have yet to get from VoG Hard is the fusion rifle. I think that is only from the Gatekeepers checkpoint, though, right? As I said before I can live without it. But I also figure stocking up on more shards/energy isn't a bad thing either, especially when I decided to max out a Fatebringer for each character. I might do the same for VoC if I can score more ascendant energy (though I still have quite a bit).
Praetorian Foil is actually from the Templar. Gatekeeper gives Timepiece. I feel very comfortable running the relic solo on the Templar. Preventing him from teleporting is another story though. As long as IceBreaker and G-Horn are peppering him and we don't miss any oracles from up top, he will go down quickly. :D

A piece of advice if you run the relic solo, if you get contained and as long as you are out of the Templar's sight, make sure you are careful using the relic to destroy it. What I did was I just stood there until the Harpies shot it and it went away. I kept trying to melee it and I would glitch through it and almost die. :bomb: I had to use Radiance one time because I died right after glitching from a damn harpy :wall:

It's funny, I kept trying to figure out where this was located. Kept wondering what mission had servitor's, with an ocean view.
Finally realized you were talking about the regular open area on Venus, duh :wall: :lol:
Sorry, should have been more specific. Have you been able to get it to work?

Random responses to posts contained:

Rada5aurus - I'll have to try out that glimmer farm spot.  Might not work with my hunter though since there is no jetpack jump.  I have been too lazy to farm.  I'd have a bunch more weapons maxed if I spent some time on it, but i get by with my raid weapons and IB pretty well.  

Vendetta - added you

I'd be down to run VoG if anyone wants to.  Maybe just run Oracles/Templar and first chest in gorgon lair for a shot at an exotic?  Then we have a shot at Fatebringer and Praetorian foil

I tallied up the raid weapons I have and realized that they need to expand the vault, lol.  So far have pulled from VoG:

Atheon's Epilogue - 3

Vision of Confluence - 2

Hezen Vengeance - 2

Praedyth's Revenge - 2

Vex Mythclast, Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, Corrective Measure - 1

Only missing Praetorian Foil.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Have you been able to get it to work?
Not yet but I'm gonna.

Actually built up a decent cache of glimmer since I haven't had to buy Heavy ammo (loaded up when Xur was here).

Surprised you can get so much glimmer there... guessing there's a fast re-spawn rate in that spot

QFT! In one Hard VoG run I got chest, arms and helmet. Only thing it didn't give were the boots (where have we heard that before :D )
I finally got my boots... after getting a pair from Crota. I also got my third pair of VoG gloves yesterday. Still never received a piece of chest armor.

Rada5aurus - I'll have to try out that glimmer farm spot. Might not work with my hunter though since there is no jetpack jump. I have been too lazy to farm. I'd have a bunch more weapons maxed if I spent some time on it, but i get by with my raid weapons and IB pretty well.

Vendetta - added you

I'd be down to run VoG if anyone wants to. Maybe just run Oracles/Templar and first chest in gorgon lair for a shot at an exotic? Then we have a shot at Fatebringer and Praetorian foil

I tallied up the raid weapons I have and realized that they need to expand the vault, lol. So far have pulled from VoG:

Atheon's Epilogue - 3

Vision of Confluence - 2

Hezen Vengeance - 2

Praedyth's Revenge - 2

All this does is make me realize I'm missing 3 VoG weapons: Fatebringer, Hezen and the Foil

Fatebringer being the only one I really want.

All the others I've gotten several times, save for Vex (only 1 of those for me)

Rada5aurus - I'll have to try out that glimmer farm spot. Might not work with my hunter though since there is no jetpack jump. I have been too lazy to farm. I'd have a bunch more weapons maxed if I spent some time on it, but i get by with my raid weapons and IB pretty well.

Vendetta - added you

I'd be down to run VoG if anyone wants to. Maybe just run Oracles/Templar and first chest in gorgon lair for a shot at an exotic? Then we have a shot at Fatebringer and Praetorian foil

I tallied up the raid weapons I have and realized that they need to expand the vault, lol. So far have pulled from VoG:

Atheon's Epilogue - 3

Vision of Confluence - 2

Hezen Vengeance - 2

Praedyth's Revenge - 2

All this does is make me realize I'm missing 3 VoG weapons: Fatebringer, Hezen and the Foil

Fatebringer being the only one I really want.

All the others I've gotten several times, save for Vex (only 1 of those for me)

Damn - I really want that Hunger of Crota. It seems like Crota hates me after that first week. Across all 3 characters the only thing I got besides shards/energy on my second week was a single piece of Titan armor and the Titan class mark, and the ship with my Hunter. My Warlock (who I'd like to get to 32 first) got jack squat.

The things limiting me from leveling gear are lack of Helium (by far the hardest one to farm IMO) and sapphire wire for my Hunter (I have like 600 plasteel plating for my Titan but I am always low on Hunter material). I guess at this point I could go back to just buying the Helium since I don't see using my Vanguard marks again after getting that initial set of level 31 armor. I never even used my commendations either - have like 7 in the Vault. I just never needed to buy the helm or chest piece since an exotic helm + new Vanguard gloves/boots + VoG chest piece gets you to 31.
Would have preferred a Black Hammer... but this is fine. Actually, I'd be really happy having 2 HoC's if it wasn't for the fact that the mats to upgrade it are tough to come by right now.

I like having dups of certain weapons, just to avoid shuffling stuff thru the vault. Don't think I'll be able to do that this time around since the raid is the only way to get those mats right now.

And I'm dying for Helium too! Seems like almost everything I've gotten since the DLC released needs helium.

Raid gear, vanguard gear... it's all required helium except for a VG helm that I bought.

So now I wait for the reset to earn more marks

aFrostyONE said:
Would have preferred a Black Hammer... but this is fine. Actually, I'd be really happy having 2 HoC's if it wasn't for the fact that the mats to upgrade it are tough to come by right now.
I like having dups of certain weapons, just to avoid shuffling stuff thru the vault. Don't think I'll be able to do that this time around since the raid is the only way to get those mats right now.

And I'm dying for Helium too! Seems like almost everything I've gotten since the DLC released needs helium.
Raid gear, vanguard gear... it's all required helium except for a VG helm that I bought.
So now I wait for the reset to earn more marks
Yeah, I'm definitely glad I got Black Hammer. I'd max that out except that I am still waiting on the Rocket Launcher. Those will be the two I spend the radiant energies on and I'd probably max the RL first. Hopefully I get one tonight. I will definitely not be upgrading multiples of each one until MUCH later. Even if I manage to get the mats for it, I'd want to save them for the Hard mode primaries.

Before this week, I didn't double (or triple) up on any weapons except for Icebreaker (and now I only have one of the 2.0 version). But this week I worked on having 3 maxed Fatebringers. For one thing, I have a ton of ascendant energy so I might as well. I was always swapping that weapon around so now I don't have to worry about it any more. I'll still have to swap my 2.0 Icebreaker, Gjallahorn, Black Hammer, etc. But at least with the Fatebringer I'll always have something if I just need to log in and jump into something without bothering with the Tower.

Helium is just a drag to farm. I can run around on the moon and not even see any for minutes, whereas it seems like you stumble over spirit bloom and relic iron all the time (and I have over 100 spinmetal from waiting for the Walker and just generally more time spent at the Cosmodrome). But I was doing the Helium loop last night and was frustrated by not even finding that many chests.

I too am in need of Helium but I think it is quite easy to farm. Personally I hate farming Relic Iron more than anything. Guess I will have to take you along when I do my runs for Helium then! My route is usually pretty good too. I alternate between the Anchor of Light and Archer's Line.

EDIT: It is mostly chests but once you get the route down it gets you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back