destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Should I end up with the limited edition or the ghost edition? My wife hates extra crap lying around the house. She hates the master chief helmet from a halo 3 limited edition I bought for about 10 dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I was able to order a PS4 version. I wish I could of got it from BBY but this is good enough. Going to use my GS credit to purchase Amazon gift cards to pay for it :).
Can you add a gift card to a pre-order? When I click change payment, there isn't that option, and I thought that I remembered reading that if you have CS do it for you, then it might cancel the pre-order?

Can you add a gift card to a pre-order? When I click change payment, there isn't that option, and I thought that I remembered reading that if you have CS do it for you, then it might cancel the pre-order?
I done it before, goto order summary. Scroll down, then it says "want to use a gift card" then enter the code(s) there. If credit is already on your account, there should be a little box to check to use your remaining GC balance.

I still have a ghost PS3 coming from Amazon but haven't had any luck getting it for the PS4. I would gladly trade preorders if anybody would prefer the PS3 over the PS4. If not I'll probably just cancel and try my luck after it's out.

I still have a ghost PS3 coming from Amazon but haven't had any luck getting it for the PS4. I would gladly trade preorders if anybody would prefer the PS3 over the PS4. If not I'll probably just cancel and try my luck after it's out.
I would also gladly buy it. I just am not willing to pay more for it. Hate all the people trying to scam gamers buy grabbing up all the inventory.

If anybody is looking to cancel their PS4 Ghost I'll gladly buy it or trade for a PS3 Ghost. Please PM me if interested.

I think a lot of people are using this thread to try and flip for big profit. People may want to cancel or aren't sure....yet they are just hoping to build some interest before asking for a huge profit. If I end up looking to cancel I'll sell my PS3 Ghost for what I paid.

^ There is no huge profit to be had anymore... the prices have tanked on ebay.

So anyone foolish or desperate enough to pay a lot for this - is exactly that.

I just really hope the game lives up to the hype machine.

So anyone foolish or desperate enough to pay a lot for this - is exactly that.

Not really tanked...it still sells for around $240-$260

If i dont keep my preorder I'll sell to someone on here for what I paid.

So anyone foolish or desperate enough to pay a lot for this - is exactly that.

I hope so too. I want the ghost because I think it looks neat. I recently got a PS4 and would now prefer to have that version instead of my preordered PS3 Ghost edition. Maybe I'll get lucky with a restock as people start to cancel. So far this thread has been a bust for me finding a copy.

Not really tanked...it still sells for around $240-$260

If i dont keep my preorder I'll sell to someone on here for what I paid.
Selling something on eBay for $240 will allow you to break even after fees for eBay and PayPal. Doesn't seem worth the headache to me. I'd cancel my PS3 before trying that route for a profit.

Selling something on eBay for $240 will allow you to break even after fees for eBay and PayPal. Doesn't seem worth the headache to me. I'd cancel my PS3 before trying that route for a profit.
Not really. Ebay and Paypal fees are only 12% for most sellers on BINs and slightly lower for auctions. I'm not a reseller myself, but even at $240, there is a healthy chunk of profit to be made for people that have the risk tolerance for dealing with Ebay buyers. Looking at today's auctions and BINs, several PS4 Ghost versions have sold for around $300. Allowing $20 for shipping and $36 for Ebay fees and assuming a purchase price of $162 including tax for a high tax state, that's still a net profit of over $80.

Not really. Ebay and Paypal fees are only 12% for most sellers on BINs and slightly lower for auctions. I'm not a reseller myself, but even at $240, there is a healthy chunk of profit to be made for people that have the risk tolerance for dealing with Ebay buyers. Looking at today's auctions and BINs, several PS4 Ghost versions have sold for around $300. Allowing $20 for shipping and $36 for Ebay fees and assuming a purchase price of $162 including tax for a high tax state, that's still a net profit of over $80.
$80 profit for selling at $300. I stated selling it for $240 wouldn't be worth it. So would that result in about a $25 profit? Like I said... Not worth it.

$80 profit for selling at $300. I stated selling it for $240 wouldn't be worth it. So would that result in about a $25 profit? Like I said... Not worth it.
It's actually about $30, again assuming you get taxed (and many CAGs don't, so that would be another $12) or don't have GCU or other discounts. In any event, you stated you would only break even at $240 and that simply is not factually true.

It's actually about $30, again assuming you get taxed (and many CAGs don't, so that would be another $12) or don't have GCU or other discounts. In any event, you stated you would only break even at $240 and that simply is not factually true.
Thanks for clearing all that up.

There are several auctions that went for well under $300 and plenty in the $200 range that didn't sell at all. So even if some people got $300+, it's still a risk and one that might not be worth it. Especially since you still need to actually get it, get paid and have everything go smoothly for a mere $30+ dollar profit. Needless to say, there are cheaper / faster / easier ways to make $30+ dollars buying this collectors edition.

Finally and not that it matters, but ToonRN said it "would allow you to break even," which doesn't necessarily mean that you would only break even. Considering there are endless factors to consider, like taxes / getting the game / how much you actually got for it / etc, it makes sense to make a simpler "well, you still won't lose money at $240" statement than perhaps a more accurate "its still $30 in profit" like you want them to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, and thank you for being a self-interested ass.
Wow. Harsh. I'm not looking to flip my ghost. I criticize people sucking up the inventory for a profit. You argue the capacity to make a profit. I'm the one that is "a self-interested ass". That's brilliant.

Wow. Harsh. I'm not looking to flip my ghost. I criticize people sucking up the inventory for a profit. You argue the capacity to make a profit. I'm the one that is "a self-interested ass". That's brilliant.
No, you're just trying to convince people that actually made the minimal effort required to preorder something that they should let you have it at cost simply because you don't want to pay market value for something that you want. You already have a PS3 version preordered. Why should you get another copy when there are so many other gamers that have neither a PS4 nor a PS3 copy of Ghost preordered and want one badly? While I agree that flippers and resellers are a blight to CAG and gamers everywhere and I have never flipped or resold something, people like yourself who post in the wrong thread (hint, this isn't a trade or sale thread) and try to use faulty logic to somehow trick others into giving you want you want are no better in the scheme of things. While $25 might be a waste of your time and mine, for others, that is equivalent to a few hours of minimum wage work for little or no effort and can actually make a difference in the short term quality of their lives and those of their families.

No, you're just trying to convince people that actually made the minimal effort required to preorder something that they should let you have it at cost simply because you don't want to pay market value for something that you want. You already have a PS3 version preordered. Why should you get another copy when there are so many other gamers that have neither a PS4 nor a PS3 copy of Ghost preordered and want one badly? While I agree that flippers and resellers are a blight to CAG and gamers everywhere and I have never flipped or resold something, people like yourself who post in the wrong thread (hint, this isn't a trade or sale thread) and try to use faulty logic to somehow trick others into giving you want you want are no better in the scheme of things. While $25 might be a waste of your time and mine, for others, that is equivalent to a few hours of minimum wage work for little or no effort and can actually make a difference in the short term quality of their lives and those of their families.
Dude you are hilariously off base. If you read any of my former post you will see I would prefer the PS4 version over my preordered PS3 version since recently getting the system. I'll trade if someone is interested. I'll sell it even before canceling it. Take your meds so maybe some of this paranoia clears. I wasn't the first to start talking about trading on this thread. Plenty of well established users brought it up. I highly doubt people flipping games are trying to make ends meet for families. They are greedy and self centered. Thanks again for clearing up something while yet remaining profoundly confused.

I'd really like to pre-order the limited edition through best buy so I can use my GCU. Right now, I have the limited preordered through Amazon and the vanilla edition preordered though best buy. Decisions decisions....

Bad dudes from outer space are going to explode earth and it is up to team america to shoot at them repeatedly until they all die and earth is saved.

It's an FPS, I'm not sure how much plot those really have...
You forgot Loot! XP! Repetition!

Sell the ghost toy. Kerp the steelbook?

If it were a statue like the last of us pandemic edition, id say keep it forever.

This? Not worth keeping at all.... Let alone an extra $50

Sell the ghost toy. Kerp the steelbook?

If it were a statue like the last of us pandemic edition, id say keep it forever.

This? Not worth keeping at all.... Let alone an extra $50
Well I have my personal Ghost Edition at Best Buy and a few from Amazon that I canceled, sold and 1 left over that needs to go

I like the Ghost Toy and I hope it has some kind of stand

Or at least it doesn't fall over if u set it down cause it looks like it will tip over

i'm gonna say this I really want the Ghost edition for my love for game of Thrones... I'd totally keep a copy if anyone is willing to sell their ghost for ps4 copy

bread's done
Back