destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Destiny LE available at Walmart:

PS4 -

XB1 -

I paid with paypal and got $5 off. Maybe a promotion going on, might work for you too.
Will give it a try if things wont be wrong on my side.

sig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do restock it for everyone. I talked to some cag people on chat and me offering to sell it for 200 isn't jacking up the price.

Yeahhh . . . when MSRP is $150, $200 is a 33% markup.  That's pretty significant, even if you include shipping + tax.

You can pretend that's not "jacking up the price", but it is.  Which you're free to do, but it's an uncool move to do to a fellow CAG.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't invest $163 of my own money, hassle with Paypal, and take the time to send it to some random CAG for nothing, especially when that CAG will probably just turn around and sell it for big profit anyway.

These are going for $300-400+ on eBay, he could easily sell it there himself, but offers it to us for a lot less and you guys act like he is being unfair. Don't be stupid.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't invest $163 of my own money, hassle with Paypal, and take the time to send it to some random CAG for nothing, especially when that CAG will probably just turn around and sell it for big profit anyway.

These are going for $300-400+ on eBay, he could easily sell it there himself, but offers it to us for a lot less and you guys act like he is being unfair. Don't be stupid.
What do you expect from a bunch of CAG members? Seriously, $200 is still a hundred dollars or two less than what's on Ebay. If you don't like his offer, than just move on. He's not doing anything that's "uncool" to a fellow CAG member, unless you want to pay up to $400 for one on Ebay.

Why not? We post on the same website. That means we're like brothers.

I hope they do restock it for everyone. I talked to some cag people on chat and me offering to sell it for 200 isn't jacking up the price.
It's not worth the hassle most of the time, if you associate with a few close CAGs and they end up wanting it's probably the best way to go instead of dealing with the headache.

Yeahhh . . . when MSRP is $150, $200 is a 33% markup. That's pretty significant, even if you include shipping + tax.

You can pretend that's not "jacking up the price", but it is. Which you're free to do, but it's an uncool move to do to a fellow CAG.
Just so you all know, I'll never sell to you guys and lose out on profit, so don't worry about me. :D/ I don't screw CAGs over like that.

I can't see Bungie sticking to their "You'll need 6 people on your friends list in order to play the Raid mission."  Even if you have more than 6 friends with Destiny on the same console, it's almost impossible to coordinate 6 of them to be on a the same time for a few hours.  

They will change this a few days before Destiny comes out after everyone has pre-ordered the game.  They were just trying to scare everyone into buying Destiny just like how they haven't announced the Season Pass, so that everyone will spend $100 on the Limited Edition or $90 on the Digital edition with the 2 expansion DLCs.

Any news yet as to whether the Destiny White PS4 controller will come with a beefier R2 hinge, and a sturdier left-thumb stick rubber?

I can't see Bungie sticking to their "You'll need 6 people on your friends list in order to play the Raid mission." Even if you have more than 6 friends with Destiny on the same console, it's almost impossible to coordinate 6 of them to be on a the same time for a few hours.

They will change this a few days before Destiny comes out after everyone has pre-ordered the game. They were just trying to scare everyone into buying Destiny just like how they haven't announced the Season Pass, so that everyone will spend $100 on the Limited Edition or $90 on the Digital edition with the 2 expansion DLCs.
I think the expansion pass is the season pass when it comes to destiny. I doubt they have a concrete number of expansions planned so if they do 4 or more, they can milk us for an additional $35 per 2, or $20 each.

I think the expansion pass is the season pass when it comes to destiny. I doubt they have a concrete number of expansions planned so if they do 4 or more, they can milk us for an additional $35 per 2, or $20 each.
No. The 2 expansion DLCs are most definitely not a Season Pass. A Season Pass will have all the DLCs and a major update included, not just the 2 expansion passes. It has already been revealed by the unveiling of the lawsuit brief between Activision and former Bungie heads that there will be 4 main Destiny games, with each being supported by 2 to 3 DLCs and 1 major DLC (code name Comet) within 12 months of the release for each main Destiny title.

These are going for $300-400+ on eBay.
More like $200 to $250 now. Prices have dropped quite a bit. Any advice for a first time ebay seller to not get ripped off by the buyer? I'm going to make sure to require a signature. Any other precautions? The buyer wants expedited shipping, when I offered free economy shipping, would making the buyer pay for expedited shipping outside for Ebay be against any kind of policy and hurt me in case of a claim? Sorry, not sure where to ask this, but figured there would be some experienced ebay sellers here.

More like $200 to $250 now. Prices have dropped quite a bit. Any advice for a first time ebay seller to not get ripped off by the buyer? I'm going to make sure to require a signature. Any other precautions? The buyer wants expedited shipping, when I offered free economy shipping, would making the buyer pay for expedited shipping outside for Ebay be against any kind of policy and hurt me in case of a claim? Sorry, not sure where to ask this, but figured there would be some experienced ebay sellers here.
There were 2 sold just yesterday for $400 and a few for $300, but yes, some sold for closer to $200 and 1 for even less. eBay prices don't make much sense a lot of the time. For a first time eBay seller, you are very likely to get the low end as people won't be comfortable bidding on your auction.

I would just have quick shipping to begin with. It will make your auction look more attractive and a lot of these auctions are advertising release date delivery, so you have to compete with that.

Make triple sure that your description leaves nothing in question. That is proof for or against you if the buyer disputes something. Just put what shipping you're using in the auction. Anything outside of eBay opens the door for untrustworthy buyers.

I'm wondering what prices are going to look like after launch.  I'm assuming this week is the best time to sell it, followed by awhile after release.  Anyone have data on previous games similar to this?  I'd guess Borderlands 2:  Loot Chest Edition would be a similar indicator.

I'm wondering what prices are going to look like after launch.
Supply & Demand! If reviews are good, and demand is high, prices may go up some. If not that many people want the LE/Ghost versions, prices may stay close to what they are now. Time will tell.

Assuming it plays out exactly the same as Borderlands 2 and their loot crate edition, what would happen?  I'll be honest, I didn't follow the prices then even though I really wanted the loot crate edition.  I instead paid a stupid amount for the thinkgeek version later.

if the buyer paid for economy shipping you are not required to ship it expedited. There is nothing wrong or risky with sending him a paypal invoice for the extra shipping cost for expedited since it was not something that he originally paid for.

I'm wondering what prices are going to look like after launch. I'm assuming this week is the best time to sell it, followed by awhile after release. Anyone have data on previous games similar to this? I'd guess Borderlands 2: Loot Chest Edition would be a similar indicator.
I would say they will release more stock after release or right before release and prices will go down. The Last of Us is the only one in recent memory that didn't release more stock and the prices went up a lot.

I would say they will release more stock after release or right before release and prices will go down. The Last of Us is the only one in recent memory that didn't release more stock and the prices went up a lot.
Very very unlikely they will release more. I see whatever stock does come back in will be from cancelled orders or cards that are declined. I am sure if they made more we would see pre orders opening again this week.

Very very unlikely they will release more. I see whatever stock does come back in will be from cancelled orders or cards that are declined. I am sure if they made more we would see pre orders opening again this week.
How is it very unlikely? This is Bungie you are talking about. They have a ton of data on Halo sales and its limited editions to figure out how many Destiny LEs they need. Destiny will come back in stock before launch like most limited editions do. It's just like what happens to every other Limited Edition. They don't have enough for preorders to drum up all the hype and then cash in when that hype is at its highest point.

How is it very unlikely? This is Bungie you are talking about. They have a ton of data on Halo sales and its limited editions to figure out how many Destiny LEs they need. Destiny will come back in stock before launch like most limited editions do. It's just like what happens to every other Limited Edition. They don't have enough for preorders to drum up all the hype and then cash in when that hype is at its highest point.
. . . except that they are actually cancelling pre-orders still. So, I'm pretty doubtful that there will be a sudden influx of Ghost editions.

EDIT TO ADD:

Will you release more Ghost editions?

No promises. We wanted to release limited editions that were actually limited. When you play the game, you’ll appreciate the appearance of exotic loot because not everyone will have it. The same goes for the editions of Destiny that have been designed for collectors. If you can find one, collect it.

Source: http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07112014/en/News/News?aid=11651

I have a PS4 limited edition pre-ordered on Amazon right now, but I decided I'm not going to keep it.  

Please PM me if you're interested in it for $100 and I will change the shipping address on my Amazon account to you once I receive payment from you through PayPal.

Limited editions aren't looking so "limited" any longer. Grabbed my PS4 version from amazon but still hoping for the elusive... Ghost👻

I still have my extra ghost.i'll consider cost plus an offer of amazon gc or psn credit. Ps4 version.
Honestly, I want a Ghost... but no way in hell I'm using ebay or paying someone a premium for it. I've had an LE on order since it became available and later decided I wanted a Ghost after it was sold out. At this point I think MOST people are like me in the aspect that they are fine with the LE edition since it has everything the Ghost does except the plastic Ghost in it. Just cancel the damn thing so someone can actually pick it up that wants it and stop trying to use Cheapassgamer to get a Premium and extra for this item. If you want to get more than a cheapass wants to pay for it, put it on ebay already. Seriously man, all these douches on here that post that they had like 15 versions of this and 10 of that and selling like mad, make you look exactly like that, a douche. This is a site dedicate to deals, and though this particular item isn't at a discount and many are using it to get limited versions, it still makes me sick to see people sticking it to others via this site.

bread's done
Back