destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

All four LE's are available at Walmart right now.

"Limited Edition" my ass.
Ya I find it Ironic that my tracker didn't show any stock for over two weeks and then magically right before the game drops the alerts are going off like crazy today. I dunno if it is stock coming in or people canceling their LE's. I personally don't care because I had mine on order, just trying to help other's get theirs.

A ghost 360 edition is about to pop up on Amazon ;)
Actually I had one in hopes of trading it, and cancelled it. It took amazon 2 days to put it back up for sale. So I wouldn't expect it tonight. Also I ordered a PS4 LE earlier for a friend and he said he grabbed it from walmart because he had a gift card, so I cancelled the ps4 LE on amazon for him after they were sold out and it hasn't gone up for sale again either. So they don't immediately put things back up.

People are failing to realize that online retailers received there stock on the LE's since last week so these are basically extras they are selling because they receive more then expected from Activision and/or cut off at a certain point so they don't over sell stock that they didn't know they were going to receive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Message to the person I had in agreement with of using my GCU for their LE. Please PM me as I accidentally deleted all my pm's. Final half of the payment is due the Sunday before release. Hope you see this.

Isnt anyone nervous about selling the Ghosts on ebay tho?  Cant the seller be like "oh hey paypal I didnt get my item and want a refund" even tho they did?

Isnt anyone nervous about selling the Ghosts on ebay tho? Cant the seller be like "oh hey paypal I didnt get my item and want a refund" even tho they did?
That's why you require a signature, delivery confirmation, and insurance. Document it like you would an insurance claim and CYA.

Yea except for those that want to sell it from Amazon directly to people's homes. :/
That is insured by Amazon and has tracking confirmation. It's not optimal, but if they claim they didn't get it, a claim can be filed with Amazon.

Definitely not the optimal situation, but you should be covered . . . hopefully. Maybe.

Fearia said:
That is insured by Amazon and has tracking confirmation. It's not optimal, but if they claim they didn't get it, a claim can be filed with Amazon.

Definitely not the optimal situation, but you should be covered . . . hopefully. Maybe.
You're covered. Amazon is really good at covering their ass too.

FYI, tracking alone is good enough win your claim if the buyer does try to screw you. Signature confirmation doesn't hurt either but isn't necessary.

Out of Stock.  Must've been a very limited amount.  Odd though, because didn't Newegg already cancel orders from over selling?

Hey guys.  If you do the Destiny Planet you get a special emblem.  It's actually pretty cool and has some neat stuff to check out.

If you want to skip all that, go here:

http://www.reddit.co...iewcom_special/

Also, check the link for other codes redeemable on Bungie.net.  I redeemed 17 codes for "Destiny Collector's Card #1-17".  Not sure what they are for, but I'm guessing we shall see.

Collector's Cards info

Also: Preorder Call Of Duty Advanced Warfighter and get a code on your receipt for a Legendary Armor
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/preorder-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-get-destiny/1100-6422049/
It is listed on the gamestop preorder page.  You will receive via receipt/email.  I plan on cancelling the preorder the moment I get the code.

Have a free Destiny stuff thread started.

the hidden rule of paypal is follow the money. If the buyer pays via Mastercard you are generally ok, MC usually sides with the seller not the buyer on most online disputes. Visa is 50/50 and sort of depends on the bank. If the buyer paid with AMEX you are screwed, they will yank funds out of paypal accounts with no hesitation. I honestly don't know about payment with bank accounts which are like 90% of paypal funding, I guess maybe it depends on the bank or something? If the buyer paid with funds already in his paypal account its probably pretty safe, it would have to be very obvious fraud for paypal to reverse that.

basically paypal/ebay will always protect themselves over everyone else, so as long as they aren't the ones stuck holding the bill you will be ok. but if your buyer used stolen credit cards or ebay/paypal account, then the only person around who can be left holding the proverbial check is you... the seller.

the hidden rule of paypal is follow the money. If the buyer pays via Mastercard you are generally ok, MC usually sides with the seller not the buyer on most online disputes. Visa is 50/50 and sort of depends on the bank. If the buyer paid with AMEX you are screwed, they will yank funds out of paypal accounts with no hesitation. I honestly don't know about payment with bank accounts which are like 90% of paypal funding, I guess maybe it depends on the bank or something? If the buyer paid with funds already in his paypal account its probably pretty safe, it would have to be very obvious fraud for paypal to reverse that.

basically paypal/ebay will always protect themselves over everyone else, so as long as they aren't the ones stuck holding the bill you will be ok. but if your buyer used stolen credit cards or ebay/paypal account, then the only person around who can be left holding the proverbial check is you... the seller.
This just isn't accurate. Paypal/Ebay almost always side with the buyer. Having said that, fraudulent buyers are pretty rare and while it could happen, I don't think it's common enough to worry about. The best thing you can do is make sure you get tracking and signature confirmation and don't ship outside of the US or to any buyer with negative or low feedback.

Thanks. I just placed a pre-order with Amazon for Xbox One since all my friends will be playing it on the X1. I will probably give my PS4 Destiny copy to my brother as a gift. I am still hoping that Best Buy restocks the limited editions the day of release or the day after like they have done with the Halo 4 Limited Editions and numerous others LEs.

So are they currently changing the listings over at BB? Because now a few Limited Editions (such as the PS4) and even the 360 Ghost edition no longer show as "unavailable" to me but as "Pick Up in 3 to 5 days". Before it always showed as just "unavailable" under all in-store pickups. Granted you can't add any to cart, but maybe some will become available again soon.

Worst comes to worst, I am sure that once the game is released BB will re-stock some of the Limited Editions, as for the Ghosts I am not entirely sure.

Well, I am waiting for a last second Amazon availability. Signed up for the waiting list, so I am ready for a new rush.

Don't trust it too much. I signed up to be notified for the LE and it came back in stock 2 or 3 times and still haven't gotten any type of notification.

Also: Preorder Call Of Duty Advanced Warfighter and get a code on your receipt for a Legendary Armor
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/preorder-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-get-destiny/1100-6422049/
It is listed on the gamestop preorder page. You will receive via receipt/email. I plan on cancelling the preorder the moment I get the code.
I considered doing the same, except this is how their online preorder policy reads:

Promotional Items
From time to time, GameStop.com will offer a special promotional item with a pre-order. Due to limited availability, these items are only available while supplies last.

Note: An order cannot be cancelled once the pre-order item or code has been supplied.

Any experience with it being any different? May want to cancel now if they won't allow you after.

I considered doing the same, except this is how their online preorder policy reads: Promotional Items
From time to time, GameStop.com will offer a special promotional item with a pre-order. Due to limited availability, these items are only available while supplies last.

Note: An order cannot be cancelled once the pre-order item or code has been supplied.

Any experience with it being any different? May want to cancel now if they won't allow you after.
I was gonna do that then looked through the FAQ and saw that so I preordered in store. I hate doing that when I'm gonna cancel cuz its pretty awkward, especially since I never buy games there anymore

I considered doing the same, except this is how their online preorder policy reads:

Promotional Items

They probably are doing it to cut down on numbers shifting too often because people "preorder" and then cancel. I guess most people do it inconspicuously?

Well, I am waiting for a last second Amazon availability. Signed up for the waiting list, so I am ready for a new rush.
I've never received a notification despite the restocks. I had better luck just looking here and the amazon page through the day.

Time for me to share a little secret . . .

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Destiny-Ghost-Edition-PlayStation-4/product/B00LH6C9WI - PS4 Version

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Destiny-Ghost-Edition-Xbox-One/product/B00LH6C6VW - Xbox One Version

In the past, when I was hunting for something to come in stock, I used this.  You set the price to over MSRP and hope for the best.  If I remember right, it worked pretty effectively.

The secret?  Set the "email" address to your cell phone's email to text message service.  Examples:

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

Replace phonenumber with your 10 digit phone number.

To be honest though, I'm not 100% sure this is the site I used.  If it isn't the site, it would've been one very similar and I used the text trick.

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that you will never get an email from Amazon. I have been on their mailing list since the first day the Ghost edition went out of stock. It came back in stock twice and they never sent anything. You are better off using stock checking software or websites to keep tabs because amazon isn't doing squat.

Still hoping Amazon gets a sudden supply of PS4 Ghost Editions. I have my pre-order for the Ghost PS4 at Gamestop.com, but would rather save 14 bucks in shipping by getting it from Amazon. Still, the fact I have a pre-order at all is lucky. I'm absolutely keeping my copy by the way. I'm opening that bad boy up as soon as I get it and firing up the game.

why is the limited edition so popular? am I missing something?
It's the base game and the first two DLC packs which would normally run $95 in total. Basically you'd end up getting the extras in the LE for just an additional $5.

bread's done
Back