destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Just picked up my Ghost Ed from Bestbuy. This was an in-store pre-order for 360, back when all other options were sold out.

Annnd the case is cracked. No other copies available for a swap. Manager doesn't give 2 shitake's, so no discount aside from GCU. At least I still have a backup pre-order at another BB. Now I have to see if that one's in better shape & then return the 1st. Also, still on the hunt for a PS3 Ghost just so I don't hafta buy a live subscription on my 360.

So I won't be playing anything until I get this all sorted out. And WTF with the required Online & Harddrive ( j/k )

Perhaps I didn't drink enough coffee; this game interested me but do people buy the game on judgment of the live-action trailer and the Bungie name by chance?
I can tell you that the Bungie name kept me checking in on the game, but it's not enough to sway my into a purchase.

I remember seeing the initial footage during Sony's presser and NOT being impressed. Just didn't like the world they had created.

But like I said before, "Bungie" kept me looking. Eventually tried the beta when they opened it up for everyone.

While not perfect, I definitely enjoyed it enough to go ahead with a purchase. AND that's knowing that the game requires online connectivity (I hate games that can't be played offline, or should I say don't provide an enjoyable experience).

Home from work with my Ghost waiting for me from Amazon. Overall very lucky it's in great shape. Only one small crack in the corner.
That's how mine looks right now, only the sleeve was also torn in the same spot.

Anyone know if best buy is giving partial refunds or doing anything to compensate for crack or damage ghost editions? Probably not but its worth asking :/

Anyone know if best buy is giving partial refunds or doing anything to compensate for crack or damage ghost editions? Probably not but its worth asking :/
I will certainly be posting if my Ghost edition comes damaged...I'm kinda tempted to do so about my Limited since the disc was loose

Those jackwagons shipped my GE with signature required. I've had 5k worth of speakers delivered to my home before and no signature required but $130 video game....

Those jackwagons shipped my GE with signature required. I've had 5k worth of speakers delivered to my home before and no signature required but $130 video game....
Same here. I'm gonna have to change my work schedule to get it. I called and asked if they can deliver it after 5 or do hold for pick up - said no on both accounts. Said the shipper (Best Buy) would'nt allow it..

Same here. I'm gonna have to change my work schedule to get it. I called and asked if they can deliver it after 5 or do hold for pick up - said no on both accounts. Said the shipper (Best Buy) would'nt allow it..
Same thing happened to me and to put the cherry on top, I was on the phone with best buy support and when they transferred me to the shipment manager(whatever they call that position) they hung up on me.

I had a guaranteed delivery date for today but it never showed. If I didn't already have the digital version, I would have been fuming. I contacted them to see what's up though and they gave me $5 lol. Used it on the Lost Boys triple feature blu ray, got that for $5.xx after the promo credit

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else's Ghost copy not come in to your local Bestbuy? I went to the midnight last night and was left disappointed by them not receiving my Ghost edition. After coming back to the store several times to get things sorted out and talk with the store manager I'm not getting the copy I preordered today. This upsets me because while I waited in line last night I was told that everything of mine was ready to be picked up. That obviously wasn't the case and my other Ghost copy was damaged beyond belief, something I knew might happen. Did they want to do anything about that? No, instead I end up buying this damaged copy and the GCU doesn't apply.

Same thing happened to me and to put the cherry on top, I was on the phone with best buy support and when they transferred me to the shipment manager(whatever they call that position) they hung up on me.
That was the same technique they used on me earlier today. I spent two hours trying to deal with back office only to get shuffled around and hung up on multiple times. Then I got connected to "the line to nowhere" which ended up getting hung up on after another hour. I have reasonable expectations that this company should be offering it's customers better service, and I think that might be too much to expect out of Bestbuy today sadly.

Mine finally arrived from and it's not damaged at all it's in perfect condition. Wonder how rare that makes this. I'm going to have to think about whether I want to keep this or not.

Show me sexy pictures of the Ghost.

I had to leave the house for a bit so I cant open it!!!!
You're welcome.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

yum thank you

Was the ghost held in there well or just sitting there unsecure so it could roll aroound?

Also: I like the light tile and dark grout ;D
Ha. That's just the angle with the grout. I actually went to check. I was like "uhn, gross".

Anyhow, the Ghost replica was actually secured in the box very well. It's just the outer portion of the box that tears very easily. The two pieces of the box don't fit very flush, so any sort of weight being pushed down on the top or bottom of the set will cause the two ends to stretch out... causing all of the tears.

It's an obvious flaw in the packaging. No idea why they designed the box like this...

With that said, back to Destiny I go! :D/

My Destiny LE came with the disc bouncing around the case.  The Destiny box was also slightly smashed but nothing major.  The shipping box itself was in great condition and came with another item I ordered that was not damaged at all.  Got 20% back from Amazon which I felt was reasonable considering it could not be exchanged.  They initially offered 15%.

Tried to order a PS3 LE from Gamestop online. Somehow my $5 gift card didn't apply so I cancelled the thing...now I can't reorder. Derp. Whatever...

On the bright side I'm playing the game now. Thanks Redbox!

I can tell you that the Bungie name kept me checking in on the game, but it's not enough to sway my into a purchase.

I remember seeing the initial footage during Sony's presser and NOT being impressed. Just didn't like the world they had created.

But like I said before, "Bungie" kept me looking. Eventually tried the beta when they opened it up for everyone.

While not perfect, I definitely enjoyed it enough to go ahead with a purchase. AND that's knowing that the game requires online connectivity (I hate games that can't be played offline, or should I say don't provide an enjoyable experience).

That's how mine looks right now, only the sleeve was also torn in the same spot.
I'm wondering if this thing is a first-person MMO? Halo was bestselling game, I wonder if Destiny is worthy of the Bungie name.

Even if Best Buy were to give you a discount, that would mess up the GCU discount since the system may not allow you to modify it on top of GCU. So it would require a straight override to factor in both discounts if even then. Basically, it's such a special exception that I can see some stores being hard pressed to honor them together.

Was it via UPS? You can make a UPS account to waive signature confirmation. All of my UPS packages have been left at my front door since then.

My Gamestop preorder was cracked and I only got 10% off. WTF. I didn't complain about the missing 5% to the cashier because I brought in my quadruple stack of $ off coupons ($50, $25, $10, and $5 worth) and the cashier took them.

[quote name="jedex" post="12080891" timestamp="1410307686"]No problems here picked up all 6 at best buy,
4 ghosts ps4 and 2 Xbox ones all in mint condition :)

Paid only 700 for all 6 using gamer unlocked and 10 percent coupon pretty much made all my money back by selling two ghost on ebay about a month ago when they were going for close to 400.[/quote]
Yeah, I'd expect a warning or ban. Limit is 3 per game, per platform, per year. Bad move, dude.

No problems here picked up all 6 at best buy,

Paid only 700 for all 6 using gamer unlocked and 10 percent coupon pretty much made all my money back by selling two ghost on ebay about a month ago when they were going for close to 400.
I hoped you get banned for your greed.

For the people that have already gotten their ghosts, is it just me or does it look like there's water damage on the outer part of the case. I assume it's just the look that they were going for?

For the people that have already gotten their ghosts, is it just me or does it look like there's water damage on the outer part of the case. I assume it's just the look that they were going for?
Yeah that's normal. They should have just made the packaging out of two pieces of really hard durable sytrofoam (top/bottom). Instead they used weak carboard and I'm pretty sure that's just paper glued to it.

I'm officially creeped out.  My Ghost called me out on not wearing pants.

How did it know?  HOW DID IT KNOW?!

The quote went something along the lines of "You are going to need higher level gear.  And pants.  Definitely pants."

I'm officially creeped out. My Ghost called me out on not wearing pants.

How did it know? HOW DID IT KNOW?!

The quote went something along the lines of "You are going to need higher level gear. And pants. Definitely pants."
Dinklage bot brought to you by Microsoft's Kenect, and the NSA.

So both my PS4 and Xbone Ghosts had damage.  Tried calling Amazon and the first rep offered me 20% and the 2nd rep offered me 15%.  Tried the online chat instead.  They first offered to refund me, I said I would prefer to keep the item because they're impossible to find in stores.  They offered 20%, I said I have seen people saying they got 40% online, as they have in this thread.  Was able to get 20% and then 20% again off that difference, so roughly 36%.  I'm happy, given the condition of the editions.

So if you're trying to get a partial refund rather than returning it outright, I'd suggest going straight to the online chat instead of calling.  Good luck guys and gals.

Just curious...did anyone play the game yet?
I'm already level 8, really having fun but I played a lot in beta so I knew what to expect (borderlands/diablo style game). I bought both the digital version (so kids can play ps3 version while I am on ps4) and ps4 ghosts edition for dinklage bot, will probably sell the disc and season pass stuff on ebay or to a friend.

My ghost came with some minor damage to the outer casing (the styrofoam-ish case) and I sent in an message via email just saying the packaging was damaged and I'm a little disappointed in that. Got back within 3 hours a $64.40 as a credit card refund email, was pretty surprised but I've ordered thousands from amazon over the years and this is only the second time I've complained (other time was wrong item sent). With service like that they will always have my business, pretty glad I didn't go through best buy for the ghost edition since they are pretty bad when it comes to damage refunds.

So both my PS4 and Xbone Ghosts had damage. Tried calling Amazon and the first rep offered me 20% and the 2nd rep offered me 15%. Tried the online chat instead. They first offered to refund me, I said I would prefer to keep the item because they're impossible to find in stores. They offered 20%, I said I have seen people saying they got 40% online, as they have in this thread. Was able to get 20% and then 20% again off that difference, so roughly 36%. I'm happy, given the condition of the editions.

So if you're trying to get a partial refund rather than returning it outright, I'd suggest going straight to the online chat instead of calling. Good luck guys and gals.
People actually call Amazon? The little chat box is so much more convenient.

No problems here picked up all 6 at best buy,

Paid only 700 for all 6 using gamer unlocked and 10 percent coupon pretty much made all my money back by selling two ghost on ebay about a month ago when they were going for close to 400.
Greedy scumbag. I hope you get banned from Best Buy GCU and get charge backs from the ebay sales when the finally realize you ripped them off by charging too much

Was it via UPS? You can make a UPS account to waive signature confirmation. All of my UPS packages have been left at my front door since then.
I have an account on ups.com (my ups or whatever) and it wouldn't allow me. I then called and talked to someone and they said it couldn't be done.

They also said that it can't be held at the UPS center for me to pick up.

I was kind of pissed and said why not. They gave me the same thing the online said - saying the shipper has specified and required that it be delivered in person and have to be signed for in person (so no leaving with the slip already signed).

Greedy scumbag. I hope you get banned from Best Buy GCU and get charge backs from the ebay sales when the finally realize you ripped them off by charging too much
lol nope I actually have 2 gamer unlocked accounts :)

If I told you the profit I made you would be more upset ;)

bread's done
Back