destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

lol nope I actually have 2 gamer unlocked accounts :)

If I told you the profit I made you would be more upset ;)
People like you need to have bad things happen to them. Its sad that you ruin things for everyone else. Karma will kick your ass some day.

People like you need to have bad things happen to them. Its sad that you ruin things for everyone else. Karma will kick your ass some day.
Honestly don't see why people are mad, people need to get over it for real, these editions were sold out for months prior to release and only near release did they start coming back in stock.

I can't believe people who post things like this aren't warned/banned. This kind of attitude is as toxic as saying "shut up fag" or anything else.  Saying you wish bad things upon others because you acted like a capitalist in a capitalist system?

Has anyone had their Ghost Edition ship from NewEgg, I've pre-ordered from them in the past knowing it would be slow, but they would at least ship a day or two before release.  My order hasnt moved at all. 

I can't believe people who post things like this aren't warned/banned. This kind of attitude is as toxic as saying "shut up fag" or anything else. Saying you wish bad things upon others because you acted like a capitalist in a capitalist system?
both sides are toxic, most of us don't really care if you buy 100 copies of ghost and resell them all for $500 each and make $50k. Grats, but it doesn't belong on this forum it belongs on your tumblr or setup your own flippers brag forum, none of that info helps anyone here get a good deal.

The downside too is people like that are just trolling for butthurt comments, and also never post when their deals go south. The more times you sell something like this on ebay the more likely you will get ripped off by a scammer. But you never see people like jedex or Zero post about how some scumbag ebayer did a chargeback and got their ghost and a full refund, even though 100% that will happen at some point. End of the day this is a forum for people to share how to get good deals with each other, not brag about how much money they are making. It would be pretty dumb for me to start posting my daily grocery receipts or my stock investment ledger, and both are as useful.

Credit card refund processed from amazon already by the way, they work damn fast. So if your ghost was damaged chat/email them using the online forms, they are giving back 20-40%.

I was on the fence about this game until the beta and that's what sold me on it. Then I settled on an LE through amazon after all the GEs were sold out. Then I got lucky and found a fellow CAGer who traded me his extra Ghost.

Got mine yesterday super early in the day via UPS with a ton of packaging (a sleeve of bubble wrap and brown paper filling). It came in pristine condition and thank goodness for a the packaging because it came with my white PS4 and a 30 pound bag of food for my dog (all separate but equally large boxes). Yesterday was a a good day

I'm already level 8, really having fun but I played a lot in beta so I knew what to expect (borderlands/diablo style game). I bought both the digital version (so kids can play ps3 version while I am on ps4) and ps4 ghosts edition for dinklage bot, will probably sell the disc and season pass stuff on ebay or to a friend.
Sunk a few hours into the game yesterday (thanks Redbox!) and almost level 5. Not bad; it's a shooter that doesn't have insane levels of gore in it! BUT...the thing that kept me going for the few hours was the soundtrack...it ranges from orchestral "sailing-in-an-ocean-of-stars" grandeur to pulse-pumping beats in bosses. It really immerses you into that role of being the galaxy's hero. Very impressive soundtrack.

BTW Amazon is taking more orders on PS3/XBONE/PS4 Limited Editions! They're more like backordered but now's your chance to get an order in! Just ordered a PS3 and PS4 LE myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-4/dp/B00LH6CBA8/ref=zg_bs_videogames_22

UPDATE: Only PS4 and XBONE LEs available now!

I just wish that the LE/GE had a CD with music in it...must be something to do with Martin O'Donnell being fired so abruptly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunk a few hours into the game yesterday (thanks Redbox!) and almost level 5. Not bad; it's a shooter that doesn't have insane levels of gore in it! BUT...the thing that kept me going for the few hours was the soundtrack...it ranges from orchestral "sailing-in-an-ocean-of-stars" grandeur to pulse-pumping beats in bosses. It really immerses you into that role of being the galaxy's hero. Very impressive soundtrack.

BTW Amazon is taking more orders on PS3/XBONE/PS4 Limited Editions! They're more like backordered but now's your chance to get an order in! Just ordered a PS3 and PS4 LE myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-4/dp/B00LH6CBA8/ref=zg_bs_videogames_22

I just wish that the LE/GE had a CD with music in it...must be something to do with Martin O'Donnell being fired so abruptly.
I love the score, and had high expectations from Marty going in. Sad that he's not a part of the team anymore, but we'll see what happens next. Still have yet to hear the Paul McCartney collaboration too!

both sides are toxic, most of us don't really care if you buy 100 copies of ghost and resell them all for $500 each and make $50k. Grats, but it doesn't belong on this forum it belongs on your tumblr or setup your own flippers brag forum, none of that info helps anyone here get a good deal.
Agreed.

I'm not impressed. If they are all about comparing, I highly doubt the ones that post up and brag about big CE flips on eBay are anything close to the other heavy hitters that are more quiet about it on this board. I know members that make six figures on salary alone while are big flippers on the side on top of that. There are folks I know that have cleared $10K+ of profit YTD alone through eBay and Amazon and have full-time jobs. Sorry but $400 in profits off Destiny CE's is peanuts to some. If I was bragging about it, some folks would probably infer that the $400 in eBay sales equals my weekly paycheck as if it was the highlight of my month.

Something to brag about would be posting up your big donation to cag's Child Play later this year. Unless you never bother to donate under our cause while content with making money off this site's community. Amusing.

What are people seeing with with their order status for the Destiny Limited Edition PS4?

Mine is still sitting in 'Preparing for Shipment" and looks like no movement.

I got $20 partial refund back for my Limited. Corner had a slight dent but I'm not sure if that was me lol

Wow...surprised that Amazon got this one right! Received my Ghost edition for PS4 in pristine condition! Might be because it shipped via UPS instead of USPS...but hey, I'm happy and thaknful it just came like that. =)

Wow...surprised that Amazon got this one right! Received my Ghost edition for PS4 in pristine condition! Might be because it shipped via UPS instead of USPS...but hey, I'm happy and thaknful it just came like that. =)
You probably got one from the top of the pallet.

Yea, because I got mine UPS and it was damaged. The damage seems to have nothing to do with the shipper, as they are being shipped WITH the damage. I guess there was a problem with Bungie's distributor to every retail location. Being that this issue is so widespread. I was able to get a small refund from Amazon, but I am also taking this to Bungie. Personally I believe they should send everyone with an issue something as compensation (some cool swag) or another brand new box.

Great, I ordered mine from GoHastings (Ghost Edition). They are telling me they "received more orders than they expected and are not sure if we can ship it". What is this BS. I ordered it in July. How the hell do you now not have enough. 

But this was expected with GoHastings. Psh.

Agreed.

I'm not impressed. If they are all about comparing, I highly doubt the ones that post up and brag about big CE flips on eBay are anything close to the other heavy hitters that are more quiet about it on this board. I know members that make six figures on salary alone while are big flippers on the side on top of that. There are folks I know that have cleared $10K+ of profit YTD alone through eBay and Amazon and have full-time jobs. Sorry but $400 in profits off Destiny CE's is peanuts to some. If I was bragging about it, some folks would probably infer that the $400 in eBay sales equals my weekly paycheck as if it was the highlight of my month.

Something to brag about would be posting up your big donation to cag's Child Play later this year. Unless you never bother to donate under our cause while content with making money off this site's community. Amusing.
I'm a chemist yay for me and I like peanuts also I never mentioned how much I profited ;)
Back to my cool job see ya BRO!

Cmon Newegg ship our Ghost edition already!
I finally got someone to check into it from the newegg twitter and they said that the product manager for that item said that they have not recieved thier stock of the item yet and that once they do they anticipate being able to fill all orders. Maybe they recieved a bunch of busted ones and decided to get them repacked instead of sending them out like amazon did.

Its amazing none of the review copies were damaged considering the number of issues there seems to be with packaging on this item. If they simply would have secured the open side of the bubble wrap bag it would have eliminated most of the issues because that is the side that is damaged most often. I lay 50% of the blame on the package designer and 50% on the shipper for packing it like crap.

Yea, because I got mine UPS and it was damaged. The damage seems to have nothing to do with the shipper, as they are being shipped WITH the damage. I guess there was a problem with Bungie's distributor to every retail location. Being that this issue is so widespread. I was able to get a small refund from Amazon, but I am also taking this to Bungie. Personally I believe they should send everyone with an issue something as compensation (some cool swag) or another brand new box.

You probably got one from the top of the pallet.
Wow...sorry to hear about that guys! Most of the early posts I read yesterday was mostly positive so I thought that most of us who ordered it online got them undamaged. Honestly I was also preparing myself to open it and find the box dinged or in even worse so I was really pleasantly surprised that it was in perfect shape despite the bad packaging and the somewhat bad so-so shape of the box they packed it in (which was a thin carton box).

Anyway, I hope distributors hear the complaints because people order collectors editions to be part of a collection...and that means to have them in the best shape possible.

I tried explaining the collector aspect to amazon and they were unsympathetic. Also everyone getting more than 20% off do you have to pay tax where you are? They were pretty firm at 20% or return for refund.

Flippers, suck. I work for a living and don't need to hassle with buying and reselling video games to make a living. 

That said, I got my collectors edition from amazon just fine no problems at all. I ordered a ghost edition for my nephew and he received it just fine also from amazon. Sucks for people getting damaged boxes. 

Has anyone had their Ghost Edition ship from NewEgg, I've pre-ordered from them in the past knowing it would be slow, but they would at least ship a day or two before release. My order hasnt moved at all.
I had a chat with them and was told they haven't received the items yet and will ship as soon as they receive them. Whenever that is.

Mine actually came damaged on 3 corners, everything inside seemed to be fine. The lady ended up giving me 30%, she asked me what I think would be right, so I just went with 30% off instead of trying for something crazy.

Spoke to soon, nephew is reporting that the ghost box was in fact damaged. My collectors edition showed up totally Mint. Not sure on the extent of his ghost damage yet, assuming its just the box...

I finally got someone to check into it from the newegg twitter and they said that the product manager for that item said that they have not recieved thier stock of the item yet and that once they do they anticipate being able to fill all orders. Maybe they recieved a bunch of busted ones and decided to get them repacked instead of sending them out like amazon did.
Hope it's true I am miffed at the delayed waiting, but I would be even more mad if they couldn't secure enough for all their preorders.

Great, I ordered mine from GoHastings (Ghost Edition). They are telling me they "received more orders than they expected and are not sure if we can ship it". What is this BS. I ordered it in July. How the hell do you now not have enough.

But this was expected with GoHastings. Psh.
gohastings had copies selling for $200 on amazon marketplace on release day lol. Gohastings is scum.

Its amazing none of the review copies were damaged considering the number of issues there seems to be with packaging on this item. If they simply would have secured the open side of the bubble wrap bag it would have eliminated most of the issues because that is the side that is damaged most often. I lay 50% of the blame on the package designer and 50% on the shipper for packing it like crap.
Don't give newegg too much credit, I doubt they care any more than amazon does about damaged products. Newegg is just low on the totem pole so they get shafted on inventory all the time. Amazon will always get their shipments first.

My package from amazon was packaged really well. it was in a bag of bubble wrap with padded air all around the box but it still had a crack down the middle. I blame the manufacturer more I don't see what else amazon could have done unless they stored them poorly or threw them around in the warehouse.

bread's done
Back