Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Wow, can't believe it's been that big of an issue for you guys. That sucks.

Makes you wonder what they're doing with all that PS+ money if the PS3 eco-system is running better than PS4's

I had problems signing in but would eventually get in.  Funny thing, I'd be able to sign-in during the morning for a quick hit (pub.event or daily) and then have issues during the night. It sometimes took spamming the sign-in process but eventually got on.

Anyway, almost done maxing my Gjallarhorn. Just need the last two damage nodes to fill in.  Wolfhound perk was the most important one, so the damage increase is just gravy.  Curious to see what it'll do against Atheon... my Ice breaker was a bit of a let down.  The damage increase wasn't a big as I would have liked (IIRC, it was only like an extra 500pt damage per shot).

Also hit 30 on my warlock last night.  I have a maxed Obsidian Mind and Crota boots stuck @ 34.  Other than that I have have 33 gauntlets maxed and an old legendary chest (which I haven't upgraded) sitting at 18 light.

At least I can now be relevant in all the level 30 missions

One thing I'm really hurting for are radiant shards.  My titan could be at 32 if not for that.  

My boots need shards for 2 nodes and my chest needs it for 3 nodes.  I could then equip  a helm (wow, flashback to how I hit 30 for VoG).  

Missing that 2nd loot chest so many times has really bit me in the @55.

Haven't been able to get it on any toon this week either.  So I think I'll just try to solo it

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddly enough I can sign in on the PS app on my phone and see people online playing. Just getting timeout errors every time I try and sign in on my PS4.

According to Destiny Status website i went from 1-20 in 12 hours and 3 minutes.

If anyone wants to do the nightfall or weekly before the reset let me know.

Did the digital... yay!

20% downloaded and still need 80+min for the rest... boo!!!

Who knows how long the install will take.

Want to test things out before I go trade in my disc to BB. Hmph...

Did the nightfall and got 1 legendary heavy engram. WTF? It turned into the Harms Way legendary machine gun. Lame. Just thought it was odd that my reward was an engram.

Did nightfall anmd hot vanquiser iii 2.0. Wish it was shadow price instead. Oh well. Finally got to upgrade my titan helm. Il finally able to get him to 31. Hopefully i can do crotas end nxt week for real. Its not hard to get into groups if your 31 right? For vog i do get invited easily coz of my lvl. But i usually just run gatekeeper and atheon now. Still trying to get lucky to get fatebringer. Sigh

I finally was able to login after three days of complete inactivity. Woohoo! In a way I feel a little refreshed having taken a break. I still have to run another nightfall and a weekly before the refresh so if anyone also needs to just message me if I'm on.

Also, I've been kind of curious do any of you have a preference to how you'd prefer others should handle joining your fireteams if you're already PSN friends? It seems like some people prefer being sent a message first asking if they can join as where others don't mind if you join mid-stream during a daily/weekly/nightfall. Personally I don't mind at all when or if people join me, I always figure the more the better in getting the job done. I just thought I'd throw that out there to see what others prefer. 

I'm fine with people joining to help most of the time. The only thing I don't care for is getting invited to games without any message about what the goal is. It's really only an issue when I'm already in a fire team with others.

I always have my fireteam set to public so anyone can join me. I tend to look for people in my list who has the same setting and join them whenever possible. Most of the time i join those who do daily weekly nightfall. I dont join when i know their doing missions doing kill bounties and such.

I really dont mind people joining my game without sending me a message first. Sometimes i will pop into someone elses game, i figure if they dont want me there they can boot me, no hard feelings. Sometimes i ask first though if its like a raid, because sometimes people are waiting on others. If i dont want people joining i will set it to invite only.

Yeah there was only one dude here who was always wanting to be asked and he isn't around anymore from what I've seen. He unfriended me for joining his game on a daily I think. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

If your set to open I'll join you and mine is always open for anyone to join on my friends list. If you dont want anyone to join just set it to invite only. Guy thought that was too much work...

Anyone want to do either full raid this afternoon/evening? 

Yeah there was only one dude here who was always wanting to be asked and he isn't around anymore from what I've seen. He unfriended me for joining his game on a daily I think. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

If your set to open I'll join you and mine is always open for anyone to join on my friends list. If you dont want anyone to join just set it to invite only. Guy thought that was too much work...

Anyone want to do either full raid this afternoon/evening?
I'm down to Raiding. Only problem is I'm only level 29. All I need are some more Ascendant Shards and I can finally hit lvl 30

I am only level 30 and have not gotten past the Bridge of Multiple Pads yet on Crota's End. Only tried it once. But I'd definitely play that if you're okay with those facts.

Vault of Glass would also be excellent since I still need lots of ascendant shards. And I think that was the primary reason you and I friended each other anyway, right?

I should be able to play around 5 P.M. Pacific/8 P.M. Eastern if you and/or anyone else here can raid then. Watching the Packers game before getting on PSN.

Thanks for all of the responses. That's kind of what I figured for most of the active CAGs on this thread. It seems like we're all pretty easy going which is cool.

I don't mind any of my CAG peeps joining my games. I also don't mind any of the people I run with regularly joining my games. I for the most part do not mind random people on my friends list joining my games provided that they pull their weight and behave appropriately. The only people I really have a problem with joining my games are random people who are either super obnoxious or who are just looking to be carried and make no attempt to be helpful. Basically I only dislike people joining when they make the experience less enjoyable for me. I also always appreciate when random people who join ask before doing so. I find that the people who are courteous enough to do that are generally easy to get along with and I will usually help them even if they are not holding their own. Additionally, I appreciate it when random people who don't have a mic or cannot talk at the time send me a message to let me know and/or to say thanks afterwards. I like helping the good people I come across in this game and I try to remember them after the fact. The same goes for the bad and I have even removed a few that were especially awful off my friends list.

I also need shards to get my titan to 31 so VOG is fine with me...Hard would be nice so people have better chance of getting useful weapons...I still use fatebringer a lot even though it maxes at 300...

I'm going to be on in a few...

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 send me a friend request if you are on ps4 :)

As someone who "will join any group of PSN friends doing daily/weekly/nightfall" I am OK with anyone on my list joining me.

Just FYI: sometimes my son plays on my profile. He's 8, cut him some slack. (he usually plays Crucible though.)

It's kinda weird for someone to be serious enough to tackle things like raids and nightfalls but yet they can't be bothered to toggle one silly setting. :whistle2:k

"Hey, what if we try it with you flanking them from over there?"

"Nah, then I'd have to move the left analog stick and that thumb is totally tired today."

Any tips where to start for getting better gears for my lvl 27 Titan? Or should I grind playing Crucible or Patrols to get to rank 3 for legendary rewards?

I would suggest Vanguard Roc strikes and tower vendors. You can buy greaves and gauntlets from the crucible and vanguard armorers using marks. You only need commendations to purchase helms, chest armor, and then weapons from the quartermaster.

Any tips where to start for getting better gears for my lvl 27 Titan? Or should I grind playing Crucible or Patrols to get to rank 3 for legendary rewards?
If you join a faction and get all your activities going to a single source, you'll level up faster and get legendary equipment as rewards beyond level 3 for any faction. Beyond lvl 3 Vanguard and Crucible, I've done this with both my characters and I'm glad i did.

Lvl 26 Vanguard lists definitely play a role too. Exotic engrams and equipment from Xur have really helped me as well.

If only the game has some kind of manual or tips for beginner then I didn't have wasted like tens of bounties before I reached lvl 18. My current highest rank is Crucible at 2, Dead Orbit 1, so I guess I'll get Crucible to 3 then start doing Dead Orbit. I once gotten a legendary engram for heavy wep in Crucible but it's kinda meh.

Also: factions will give you Crucible Commendations, which is great, but if you need gear from the Vanguard you can only get Vanguard Commendations from raising your Vanguard level. Wish they gave you a choice for the factions.

CAGkrazy said:
But i usually just run gatekeeper and atheon now. Still trying to get lucky to get fatebringer. Sigh
FYI - no amount of luck will help you in that case. Fatebringer is from the Oracles/Templar checkpoints. Hell, I got TWO of them from one of those checkpoints a few weeks ago. Running it in Hard mode you get two chances from the Hard mode pool if you haven't run it on Normal that week. I was never sure of that until I got the double Fatebringer drop that one time.

Actually, reading up on it a bit more, it looks like it is only from the Templar. Praetorian Foil, which is the only VoG item I didn't get, is from Oracles or Gatekeeper (conflicting info on that), and Praedyth's Timepiece is from the Gatekeeper. And of course Vex Mythoclast from Atheon.

bread's done
Back