Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Thanks last gen people holding us back...cant wait for destiny 2 and the move to next gen only (I hope!).

Vaults allow players to store up to 20 weapons, 20 armor pieces and 20 other items, such as materials, shaders, emblems, ships and vehicles. The roll out of update 1.1.2 in April will increase Vault size dimensions to 36 weapons, 24 armor pieces and 24 miscellaneous items.
16 weapon slots, and 4 more on each of the other categories, doesn't seem like a lot overall :whistle2:k , granted guns are probably the most important thing

They flat out said its because of last gen consoles. They had to disable comparing items on the 360 and ps3 to even get this limited expansion to work. I was mostly being dramatic, but its not that much more space and its obvious memory issues are holding this and everything else in the game back. I'm sure they sold way more being on both generations of consoles...and secured a bunch of fans that are late comers to the ps4 party, but I hope the next volume or whatever is next gen only so we can see more of what was in that trailer that was posted the other day.

Ive personally sharded a bunch of weapons I'd rather have kept around for space reasons...making a 3rd character helped since they can carry around so much, but I'm bumping up against the limit again with only one or two spaces to shuffle things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Source? I didn't see that in the weekly update.
This is cut and paste right out of it...

In the case of the Vault expansion, it became clear that we would be pushing very limited memory constraints on older generation hardware. We had a choice: leave the Vault as-is, or find some kind of compromise to enable it safely. We weighed the options, with player feedback in mind, and decided to move forward with the expansion by disabling the item comparison feature within the Vault on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Item comparison will continue to function within the Vault on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in all other contexts on all platforms.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12707

I'm not putting down anyone that still plays on both or on ps3 only...I'm just saying start saving now for a ps4 please :)

Now if only they would change the 200 limit on materials, and 20 limit on synthesis packs. -_-

My guardians all have 200+ materials of each, so its taking up 2 slots when it should only be one. Plus i had as many as 100 heavy synths on each character, thats 5 slots having to be used when it only should be one.

This is cut and paste right out of it...

In the case of the Vault expansion, it became clear that we would be pushing very limited memory constraints on older generation hardware. We had a choice: leave the Vault as-is, or find some kind of compromise to enable it safely. We weighed the options, with player feedback in mind, and decided to move forward with the expansion by disabling the item comparison feature within the Vault on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Item comparison will continue to function within the Vault on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in all other contexts on all platforms.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12707
That is beyond retarded, and smells of complete bullshit on their part. I find it incredibly hard to believe that storing icon/text/stat-bar data took up any considerable amount of memory at all, which is all that needs to be fucking displayed.

That is beyond retarded, and smells of complete bullshit on their part. I find it incredibly hard to believe that storing icon/text/stat-bar data took up any considerable amount of memory at all, which is all that needs to be fucking displayed.
You know something has to be up when you think of how long it takes for the menu screens to load in on the PS3 (and I'm assuming 360 is also slow). That was one of the huge differences I notice switching from the PS3 to PS4 versions.

I'm just guessing here, but it seems like all those little icons get loaded in after our console pings the server for the info (on our inventory) and then our console works on loading in the assets. Like I said, just a guess... but it sure doesn't seem like any of our save data gets stored on the console (except maybe our login ID's)

Now if only they would change the 200 limit on materials, and 20 limit on synthesis packs. -_-

My guardians all have 200+ materials of each, so its taking up 2 slots when it should only be one. Plus i had as many as 100 heavy synths on each character, thats 5 slots having to be used when it only should be one.
Hell yes this!

Never made sense why this was even capped at 20 per.

Of course, we all hoard heavy's because they kept Xur from selling it for sooo long.

You know something has to be up when you think of how long it takes for the menu screens to load in on the PS3 (and I'm assuming 360 is also slow). That was one of the huge differences I notice switching from the PS3 to PS4 versions.

I'm just guessing here, but it seems like all those little icons get loaded in after our console pings the server for the info (on our inventory) and then our console works on loading in the assets. Like I said, just a guess... but it sure doesn't seem like any of our save data gets stored on the console (except maybe our login ID's)
You may be onto something, and im guessing that the data that gets loaded client side ends up being ALL of the info for the item (texture + model work included, in addition to any 2d image or text).

On a semi-related note: does the PS4 version of GTAV have a faster/more-responsive UI than the PS3 version? The slow-as-balls loading for missions and menus are my biggest complaint on PS3, and I'm curious if that's improved on PS4 (like the PS4 menu loading is actually usable in a fight in Destiny, for example). Not that I think I'll be upgrading anytime soon, I'm just curious.

Ended up buying a new Obsidian mind, it had like +6 intellect and +16 strength. Also upgraded my alpha lupi for the hunter, not because it was 30, but because that strength was too good to pass up. Though i almost never use that chest piece. LOL

I also bought a new Obsidian Mind since the stats (intellect 71/73 & strength 66/73) were far better than the last time Xur sold one. I felt like spending coins so I picked up the Ruin Wings as well. A strength of 98 out of a possible 113 isn't too bad, about middle of the road.

I was happy to hear Bungie will not be resetting exotics for when House of Wolves is released. I can't imagine even thinking about re-leveling all of those exotics again. 

Love using the mobile app to move weapons and items around even while playing. A huge time saver. Where was this 5 months ago? 

Ran thru Crota nm with porkchop and twitch.  No Black Hammer; got a fusion rifle and another 'lock helmet.

Figured it was a bust until I noticed that the helmet has the orb/health regen perk :D/ .  So time to level up a new helm and tear up my old one.

But seriously, I'm thinking BH got pulled from the loot table :shame:

Also grabbed a new Obsidian Mind since it's got a better roll than my current one.  Gonna pass on ruin wings because I rarely use my current set (Armamentarium FTW).  Already have 2 Mida's, that rarely get used, so don't see the point in getting a 3rd.  Only other purchase was heavy, just to get back to 300+ in my inventory.

If you guys are on tonight, we can do that VoG run.

I didnt even know it was possible to kill him with a punch.
Imagine how much fun it would have been if the crota fight had been reversed:

1) sword wielder fires off a super charge (ala relic holder's super) to knock out the shield

2) remaining guardians run in to melee the isht out of Crota since melee hits are the only thing that can damage him

3) did I mention this would take place in complete darkness, with the only light coming from Crota's shiny butt, the sword wielder's sword and occasional lightning strikes (because lightning is cool).

just got bittersteel shader from dead orbit on lucky level 13. I have aeeling this would look way better on a titan if I had 1 leveled up.

For my normal group, it was the fusion rifle that most needed. I don't think they changed the drop rate of the BH, but then again, I had all the NM weapons the second week.

I think we can all agree that it was the fusion rifle that was rarest from VoG. No, not the Mythoclast, but the Praetorian Foil. Didn't get mine until TDB dropped, and I ran HM 3x a week every week. Most people I know are still missing it, which is a shame because it can one shot oracles.

just got bittersteel shader from dead orbit on lucky level 13. I have aeeling this would look way better on a titan if I had 1 leveled up.
Meh, it looks like chatterwhite with black under armor. I use it on my warlock, looks pretty nice with obsidian mind helmet. Also looks not bad with hunter, but the skull on the raid chest is black. -_-

For my normal group, it was the fusion rifle that most needed. I don't think they changed the drop rate of the BH, but then again, I had all the NM weapons the second week.

I think we can all agree that it was the fusion rifle that was rarest from VoG. No, not the Mythoclast, but the Praetorian Foil. Didn't get mine until TDB dropped, and I ran HM 3x a week every week. Most people I know are still missing it, which is a shame because it can one shot oracles.
That is the exact situation I'm in, only missing Praetorian Foil + Glass Minuet (despite having recieved the Aspect at least 8 or 9 times now).

Got the sparrow from HM Crota, which I totally forgot even existed. Still puts me into the "crux + ship" camp (we're a camp now, deal with it), but luckily got 2x kills in on Hard today thanks to some great groups so I'm not at all bitter about it.

Now to clear out to odd Templar/Atheon kills for more exotic chances.

Tried 3 Gorgon chest, a friend go first and got his Patience and Time, right after him I pulled my 5th Thunderlord>> Sharded.
Got in to a group from LFG, CE HM and BAM 1 try and done, it was like 5 mins, got 2nd Crux and Suros Regime - finally. Then joined a friends group spent 1,5h and couldn't make it though our sword holder was experienced :(
I really think they need to buff HoC because its cluster bombs sux even with Hive disruptor perk, like it was designed to fight against group of minions rather than an individual. I also want that we can at least cancel/accept/turn in bounties within the app.
But the most wanted thing on my list is to make our emblem/tag more useful when friends point over our tag, what cp we are at when playing Raid, what mode is that or have a customizable text in place of pointless "Grimoire score and details at blablabla", many time I refuse to accept my friends invitation because I'm tired of ms them back asking questions what raid/mode/cp/activity, but I'm not having my hope with Bungie.

Finally got a 2nd Fang last night :D/ .

Guessing my bad luck disappears whenever I raid with porkchop. Of course don't know if it's messing with his luck :whistle2:$ .

Also got 4th Horseman in the same drop, so now I just need a crux and the hunter's Lucky Raspberry to complete my exotic collection.

And I guess I could finally create a Hunter too.

But the most wanted thing on my list is to make our emblem/tag more useful when friends point over our tag, what cp we are at when playing Raid, what mode is that or have a customizable text in place of pointless "Grimoire score and details at blablabla", many time I refuse to accept my friends invitation because I'm tired of ms them back asking questions what raid/mode/cp/activity, but I'm not having my hope with Bungie.
This would be cool, but it's also on your friends for being too lazy to say what they're doing.

I try to respond to all invites but generic invites don't get an immediate response just because I'm gonna finish whatever it is that I'm doing 1st then respond. Though I do make exceptions for the good dudes on my friends list since I trust they're doing something worthwhile.

Man you can really tell that people are retiring from crota hard...the lfg groups are really getting sketchy on crota. More groups that cant make it out of the room than can make it to ogres for sure...Got to crota on two more characters only to not be able to do it...one group had a 30 and an idiot that died more than the 30.

Got another dragons breath at ir yut...second this week.

[quote name="aFrostyONE" post="12602345" timestamp="1427672409"]
I try to respond to all invites but generic invites don't get an immediate response just because I'm gonna finish whatever it is that I'm doing 1st then respond. Though I do make exceptions for the good dudes on my friends list since I trust they're doing something worthwhile.[/quote]
That describes exactly my problem with invitations and you know messaging on PS3 is pain is arse.

Man you can really tell that people are retiring from crota hard...the lfg groups are really getting sketchy on crota. More groups that cant make it out of the room than can make it to ogres for sure...Got to crota on two more characters only to not be able to do it...one group had a 30 and an idiot that died more than the 30.

I still haven't finished Crota on normal. 1 Vault of Glass clear on normal and half of Crota's End on normal is the extent of my raiding experience. I'd still love to beat Vault on hard and Crota on normal. I'd even do one of them tonight if people wanted to.

I am on PS4. PSN name is MattYoung730.

EDIT: Looked at your profile just now to see if your PSN was listed. I think you just wasted your 1,000th post on me. ;-)

I could help out too, but probably won't be on 'til 10pm PST.

No clue if that's too late for you guys.

Hey Matt. We played some Show together last year so you are already on my friends list. I raid with randoms from reddit but feel free to join anytime you see me on. I still play 3-4 nights per week. PSN is EastCoastBias. Will probably do Nightfall x3 tonight and start raids tomorrow. May run Crota tonight.

Im down all the time to help people just hop in or invite me and if I'm not right in the middle of something I'll join. I try to at least respond and let you know whats up if not. Stupid no crux dropping crota is on my shitlist.

Man today was the first tuesday in which i felt like i couldnt wait to get weekly and nightfall done so i can play a different game. Since launch ive been all about destiny. But now that im really into bloodborne i couldnt wait to get them done and over with. I dont even feel like doing any raids this week. LOL

With that said, i got purple hand cannon, legendary engram that turned into LDR, and purple rocket launcher. Also ranked up 2 factions and got garbage, well i did get vanquisher with field scout, so thats pretty good. A guy in my fire team got 2 no land beyonds in 2 different nightfalls. LOL Sad.

Frosty, that's too late for me to be starting a raid on most nights, but thank you. Thanks to ECB and jem for offering as well. I'm usually available after 5:30 P.M. Pacific time.

If anyone has a night in mind for playing, just post it here. I should probably try to do the Nightfall as well since there's no matchmaking for that.

Man today was the first tuesday in which i felt like i couldnt wait to get weekly and nightfall done so i can play a different game. Since launch ive been all about destiny. But now that im really into bloodborne i couldnt wait to get them done and over with. I dont even feel like doing any raids this week. LOL

With that said, i got purple hand cannon, legendary engram that turned into LDR, and purple rocket launcher. Also ranked up 2 factions and got garbage, well i did get vanquisher with field scout, so thats pretty good. A guy in my fire team got 2 no land beyonds in 2 different nightfalls. LOL Sad.
Yeah I know the reset is today and I don't feel like doing NFs or weeklies tbh. Dunno why, but my Destiny high seems to have disappeared, and I don't even have Bloodborne. We'll see what happens with the new DLC, but even with HoW I don't see myself going that hard at it (or at least I hope)

If the Raid is the same to CE I will not even try to do it at all. If I were to Raid right now it would be Crota normal and that's it, don't want to even get close to CE hard :bs:

7th I didn't think you were going to get that much into Bloodborne, it must be good :drool:

I'll be on after work around 5:30 or so central I suspect. I will be doing nightfalls first x3. I already used bungie.net to load out my dudes with void weapons and fast res armor when applicable. They need an alpha lupe chest for warlocks that let you res someone else from a distance or something. That would rule.

I currently loaded my warlock out with void since its the burn, but radiance would probably be safer...I prefer void though.

If you haven't finished all 3 Nightfalls by the time I get on and there's room, I'd gladly join you for one run-through. Are the modifiers tolerable this week?

I...think I nearly ran out of things to do. I saved over the HM Gorgon exotic chest & ran a full fireteam through alts + one Atheon kill. Did all 3 nightfalls (got dupe/lower-roll exotics + crap DO scout rifle), and then did three full Crota's End normal runs. All in like 2-3 hours.

I even managed to one-sword crota on runs 2 & 3, my first ever.

I'll probably try to snag a HM Crota CP on all my characters, given that I got crap from normal mode + cleared it so quickly. But yeah.....I believe I've hit the wall, or at the very least am standing close enough to see it.

There wasnt anyone on early so I just did a weekly and some bounties. Then later I did one nightfall and got 12 shards. This made me not too eager to bother with the other two and I went to bed. 

Its not hard though with the burn. I'll probably be back on sometime tonight if you want to do one Matt.

There wasnt anyone on early so I just did a weekly and some bounties. Then later I did one nightfall and got 12 shards. This made me not too eager to bother with the other two and I went to bed.

Its not hard though with the burn. I'll probably be back on sometime tonight if you want to do one Matt.
Okay, thanks. I checked at 7:30 Central and one more time later. It said you were on Netflix both times, so I just assumed you were done with Destiny

Did NF and Crota Normal last night. Nothing  to report except coins, energy, last words, helmets and the 8th Black Hammer. Done with Destiny until the weekend or whenever I get around doing weeklies.

I have noticed this the past few weeks as well on the XB1 side. Wipes used to almost always be due to bad swordbearing or inability to take down swordbearer quickly enough. Now I get into group of randoms that seriously have no clue how to run hard mode. I'm guessing most of the good players have all the drops and had their fill of hard mode or maybe it is people that made it to 32 via iron banner armor and have little raid experience? Either way, if you have a dedicated group that is still running Crota HM each week you are in a better situation than those of us that have relied on finding decent LFG teams.

This must be the best starting week for me:
NF 3x: Glass House, The Chance handgun and goddamn first ever GJALLARHORN !!!
Heroic 3x: 5th Ice Breaker from a Legendary engram.
5th Fatebringer from Templar cp. 5th Words of Crota from full raid.

bread's done
Back