Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Yeah, I know once I get a crux I'm done with hard unless its some friends needing help.
Ditto... all I really want is the crux just to check it off my list. Wouldn't mind a 3rd Fang, but can live without (not that impressed with it, like several other Crota weapons).

But I'll keep trying on normal, just for Black Hammer

2nd nightfall 12 coins, 3rd nightfall one plug with stupid perks (sliding longer lol)...

Helped a dude with nightfall and saved his butt a couple times so he took me to the gorgon chest...got shards, but it was a nice gesture.

I took a couple people later and we switched out dudes and we all got shards and energy. Party on RNG.

Took a couple days off work so of course psn and destiny are not working right. I can do anything but sign into destiny...

Spotify is pretty cool...I can control it with my phone and skip songs and stuff even in game.

Just learned about this too.  And by extension, read about the way to solo the sync plate/spire into VoG.

Would be a handy way to get to the Oracle CP.

A lot easier to get a group to do the Oracle CP than it is to convice people to start fresh.

So for VoG, you can

1.) glitch/solo the first cp

2.)team up with a buddy to glitch the conflux CP

Then call in some more buddies to snipe Oracles and Templar from up top

So I just tried the solo/glitch method to open the VoG door and it worked surprisingly. I couldn't try the conflux checkpoint since no one was online at the time but it seems like it'd work knowing how well these raids are built.

Fudged up my original plans to do HM crota tonight, but got a backup group right after reset. Managed to one-shot* him! Got 2nd Fang and a NLB...no crux for anyone.

*6th member joined RIGHT as we started, so we half assed that attempt anyhow. Once we wiped and were properly set up, we nailed it.

Yesterday 2nd full VoG raid w NuclearPorkchop was hilarious, I fell asleep during the Oracles and killed myself falling to the abyss and so did my mic, after that I killed myself one again when jumping down during Templar. Thing then went smoothly till the end.
I still have no clue when did I get my 2nd Hawkmoon that I found at Post Master.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent hours in HM Crotes today for no reason at all. 3 teams, no Crota kills. I'm done I think until the next patch. Too much b.s. not worth it at all. One team was UK and the dude was letting his kid sword FML...

Yesterday 2nd full VoG raid w NuclearPorkchop was hilarious, I fell asleep during the Oracles and killed myself falling to the abyss and so did my mic, after that I killed myself one again when jumping down during Templar. Thing then went smoothly till the end. I still have no clue when did I get my 2nd Hawkmoon that I found at Post Master.
Ahhhhh, now I know who you are! When you sent me a friend req on PSN, I couldn't recall someone posting under that name....

Haha, I remember when you got that 2nd Hawkmoon @ the Tower, people were laughing and raging.

*Edit*

Second run @ HM Crota, we had mostly problems all the way through. Defender Titan on boomers got DC'd AS HE WAS IN THE AIR TO PLACE THE BUBBLE, Super-Laggy enemies warping around in the starting hallway, Crota not kneeling AND lunging @ swordbearer only to kneel AFTER he killed me....

But we did it on the "last" try, when most of the fireteam decided it was our last go. No one died to boomers, though, so that's something.

Second run @ HM Crota, we had mostly problems all the way through. Defender Titan on boomers got DC'd AS HE WAS IN THE AIR TO PLACE THE BUBBLE, Super-Laggy enemies warping around in the starting hallway, Crota not kneeling AND lunging @ swordbearer only to kneel AFTER he killed me....

But we did it on the "last" try, when most of the fireteam decided it was our last go. No one died to boomers, though, so that's something.
That was pretty messed up. Crota just didn't want to acknowledge that you were hitting him with the sword.

Hey, if you've got free time tonight, I'd appreciate help with a normal Crota run.

That was pretty messed up. Crota just didn't want to acknowledge that you were hitting him with the sword.

Hey, if you've got free time tonight, I'd appreciate help with a normal Crota run.
Sure thing. I'm hoping to help a friend level his Titan to raid-ready status, so I might have him tag along as well.

Logged on to do a few bounties on my hunter since I bought the Achlyophage upgrade from Xur for the stat gain. After I finished I checked Reddit to see if anyone was giving away the Gorgon chest. I found a guy giving it away and hopped in. I spawn in and see someone get a Monte Carlo. I run over and get 3 energy and the cape. We both leave and bring our alts in. He pulls another Monte Carlo and I pull the titan mark and shards. We both get shards on our last characters. This game loves to troll me.

Logged on to do a few bounties on my hunter since I bought the Achlyophage upgrade from Xur for the stat gain. After I finished I checked Reddit to see if anyone was giving away the Gorgon chest. I found a guy giving it away and hopped in. I spawn in and see someone get a Monte Carlo. I run over and get 3 energy and the cape. We both leave and bring our alts in. He pulls another Monte Carlo and I pull the titan mark and shards. We both get shards on our last characters. This game loves to troll me.
If you can pass that checkpoint to me, id love to get a monte carlo!

If you see me on just send a message or an invite or something and I'll let you grab it. I swear I have seen Monte Carlo drop for someone else from that chest at least 10 times.

I have the checkpoint too if anyone sees me online and wants it just message me...all I've seen pulled is shards though so dont get excited!

So after 2 super smooth cleans CE HM cp, I can confirm that helmet can drop in HM even if you've got it from NM already. Too bad both the helmet dropped for my Titan don't have the perk with regen :(

So Cartslave was able to give me the Gorgon checkpoint and i got the hawkmoon on my 3rd attempt. So i got a PSN exclusive gun, but not the one i need! Game loves to troll. I also have a friend on my PSN list that needs the hawkmoon, gave him the checkpoint and he got a universal remote instead. Well at least tomorrow i can try three more nightfalls to get the monte carlo.

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I miss the constant kick in the balls they call Destiny.
I think you miss more playing with us :-({|= . I played on Saturday to get my coins since people said tomorrow's NF will be Valus or whatever his name is with no burn...instant pass :bs:

Actually had fun in crota last night...me and Tman carried a bunch of 30s+a 31 through on easy and then the first two parts on hard so they could get loot. 

Did all my nightfalls and weeklies. Ended up getting 16 shards and an LDR from my nightfalls. Ran the nightfalls with the same 2 guys from Reddit on all 3 characters. Between the 3 of us we had shards as a reward 5 times, coins once, and 3 legendaries. My LDR is void with final round and armor piercing and my current void sniper is really weak, so it might get some use, but this was a pretty crappy weak.

I did a weekly and i got 2 legendary engrams and they turned into a rapier with exploding rounds, and a 33 light hunter helmet.

Nightfalls i got Patience and Time, Plug.One1, and Prudence sniper that had firefly and armor piercing rounds.

I did the flawless raider trophy today! For those who don't have it, it is very easy if you do CE NM with just three people... It is less difficult to screw up with a smaller team.

Lucky, thats the only trophy im missing. Want to help me get it? LOL

Today was a good/worse day.

Good, i got to do the sword on crota normal mode today and nailed it on my first try. Even did the whole melee crota to turn invisible as a hunter trick. It was close though, the second sword ran out just as i got the last hit in on crota. My heart was pumping pretty hard. :)

Bad, Did deathsinger, crota, gorgon chest, and atheon three times each and only came out with a no land beyond. We even did the templar fight three times trying to get me my first fatebringer, but it wouldnt drop for me. But two guys in the fireteam who already have the gun got it. :(

Im never going to get fatebringer or monte carlo.

Lucky, thats the only trophy im missing. Want to help me get it? LOL

Today was a good/worse day.

Good, i got to do the sword on crota normal mode today and nailed it on my first try. Even did the whole melee crota to turn invisible as a hunter trick. It was close though, the second sword ran out just as i got the last hit in on crota. My heart was pumping pretty hard. :)

Bad, Did deathsinger, crota, gorgon chest, and atheon three times each and only came out with a no land beyond. We even did the templar fight three times trying to get me my first fatebringer, but it wouldnt drop for me. But two guys in the fireteam who already have the gun got it. :(

Im never going to get fatebringer or monte carlo.
Sure! just lets pick a time for it... it is easier with a team with Ghorns and Saint14 helms! let's just pick a team and we'll do it.

We can do it with a team of four also... it is more risky but it makes the bridge part glitch easier to pull out (unless someone makes the jump to the other side perfect every time)

Sure! just lets pick a time for it... it is easier with a team with Ghorns and Saint14 helms! let's just pick a team and we'll do it.

We can do it with a team of four also... it is more risky but it makes the bridge part glitch easier to pull out (unless someone makes the jump to the other side perfect every time)
Hmmm, i have both Ghorn and fully upgraded Saint14. Why is the saint 14 recommended? I can almost always jump the 2nd bridge with the sword on the first time, especially with a titan. My biggest worry is killing deathsinger with no one dying, or the sword bearer not screwing us up. LOL Send me a friend request, i dont think you are on my friends list. Not sure when we can do it, maybe friday night, or the weekend?

I did a weekly since everyone was busy or done with nightfalls already. Got a purple engram and it turned into dont touch me's, I have them, but that was cool.

Then got invited to Vault...got a pulse rifle I either never had before or sharded and forgot about. Was really rusty in vault with the relic so that was good for a couple lols/wipes.

Went to bed instead of joining in for a crota run.

Hmmm, i have both Ghorn and fully upgraded Saint14. Why is the saint 14 recommended? I can almost always jump the 2nd bridge with the sword on the first time, especially with a titan. My biggest worry is killing deathsinger with no one dying, or the sword bearer not screwing us up. LOL Send me a friend request, i dont think you are on my friends list. Not sure when we can do it, maybe friday night, or the weekend?
I have them too, two titans for that would be more than enough... the saint 14 is for killing ir yut, you pop a bubble in the middle of each crystal room entrance (not the entrance of the whole chamber) and any enemy that tries to enter the area will go blind so it would just be you, ghorn and ir yut, it also helps for the way out... some of my friends (from an other team) stayed outside cleaning and waited until ir yut started singing to go in kill her so she won't be moving around the crystal.

I have them too, two titans for that would be more than enough... the saint 14 is for killing ir yut, you pop a bubble in the middle of each crystal room entrance (not the entrance of the whole chamber) and any enemy that tries to enter the area will go blind so it would just be you, ghorn and ir yut, it also helps for the way out... some of my friends (from an other team) stayed outside cleaning and waited until ir yut started singing to go in kill her so she won't be moving around the crystal.
Oh boy, I feel like random Crota BS moment would also be pretty scary. Does a hunter have to do the sword or who did you use?

Oh boy, I feel like random Crota BS moment would also be pretty scary. Does a hunter have to do the sword or who did you use?
first team a warlock, second team me... I would be more scared if a hunter misses the melee to go invisible than just hitting crota three times and going to the rock, the rockets have to be perfect though (two from the main rocket-er and one from the boomer sniper)... if everything goes smoth he dies before the ogres.

Would be more than happy to play Destiny with some fellow CAGers, my PSN is in my sig. Own the game on Ps4 BTW, and will be getting back into the swing of things once HoW rolls around!

first team a warlock, second team me... I would be more scared if a hunter misses the melee to go invisible than just hitting crota three times and going to the rock, the rockets have to be perfect though (two from the main rocket-er and one from the boomer sniper)... if everything goes smoth he dies before the ogres.
Use the HM/center-balcony strat. I've been running groups through normal for almost two months now, and while the left strat (or right, w/e) is what most people cut their teeth on........the center strat is pretty much fool proof.

-No random boomer hits tanked because guy on boomer-duty was a little slow on the draw

-No bridge knight

-After Crota rotates right, have fireteam stack behind the left-most pillar against the glass. Have everyone press ham, and just dance or sit to rotate camera to watch Crota. This cuts down on boomer danger and reduces setup-time for round 2.

-WAY more efficient to deal with Swordbearer (can draw him center + no danger of boomers & thrall).

-Finally, if you have a Defender Titan, just have them pop a bubble on the right dias that Crota runs to for Boomer distraction. Obviously, have your sword-guy go right if you use this.

-Double finally, your bubble guy needs to pop said bubble right after your sword-guy picks up/is about to pick up the sword. Bastion is obviously recommended.

-Triple finally, my experience is that 9/10 times the boomers don't even care about your swordbearer if they hug the back-wall as the get up to Crota.

2 Gjallys drops Crota (3rd using primary fire helps a bunch), and Hunter going invis gets the most face-time next to crota (have them pop Vanish just before picking up the sword).

tl;dr - cover your bases, and don't half-ass your swordbearing.

Got on super late last night... Only had time to do a NF and to clear out some of the old quick bounties, in order to make room for the quick fresh bounties. 

Even though I lost track again, I've got a more accurate number for the amount of headshots needed to solo "Rockets McD".

I needed 93 LDR shots to take him down (all were headshots save for 1) & that's using the maxed model that the Vanguard sells.

It was around 10 minutes on the boss fight alone (had time to pop 2 synths).  Should go much faster if you have a teammate pounding away while you wait to regen ammo.

Pulled my 4th Suros, which immediately went to the Postmaster since I have no primary room (where's the bigger vault???).

BTW, anyone else see the post on Bungie.net which says HoW drops around 5/17???

They're basing it on a Destiny app that has a "Special Events" timer.

Use the HM/center-balcony strat. I've been running groups through normal for almost two months now, and while the left strat (or right, w/e) is what most people cut their teeth on........the center strat is pretty much fool proof.

-No random boomer hits tanked because guy on boomer-duty was a little slow on the draw
-No bridge knight
-After Crota rotates right, have fireteam stack behind the left-most pillar against the glass. Have everyone press ham, and just dance or sit to rotate camera to watch Crota. This cuts down on boomer danger and reduces setup-time for round 2.
-WAY more efficient to deal with Swordbearer (can draw him center + no danger of boomers & thrall).
-Finally, if you have a Defender Titan, just have them pop a bubble on the right dias that Crota runs to for Boomer distraction. Obviously, have your sword-guy go right if you use this.
-Double finally, your bubble guy needs to pop said bubble right after your sword-guy picks up/is about to pick up the sword. Bastion is obviously recommended.
-Triple finally, my experience is that 9/10 times the boomers don't even care about your swordbearer if they hug the back-wall as the get up to Crota.

2 Gjallys drops Crota (3rd using primary fire helps a bunch), and Hunter going invis gets the most face-time next to crota (have them pop Vanish just before picking up the sword).

tl;dr - cover your bases, and don't half-ass your swordbearing.
That is almost the same strategy we use for HM with a full fireteam... But for NM and three people it just don't work, mainly because of the swordbearer hiding or going into the ogre room... And snipping isn't hard at all if you know what you are doing.

There isn't any difference in swordbearer behavior in normal vs hard mode. When your sword-guy goes for chalice, always have him throw some pot-shots at the knight and pull him center.

If he hides, your team either didn't exit at the same time to the balcony or someone stayed too far to either left/right after going out. Having your swordbearer get the knights attention puts it where YOU want him, instead of waiting for him to decide to come into your line-of-fire.

Fireteam size doesn't matter either, I've done this with 2/3 people repeatedly.

I also recommend your sword-guy use a shotgun, for quick/clutch swordbearer takedowns.

I would be down to give it a shot if you guys want to make a run at it. I need that trophy and the one to collect all the ghosts to get the platinum. Getting the flawless raider done might motivate me to go get the ghosts.

nightfalls x3= ldr, plug.one, and the cure all with crap perks. Saw a the cure drop for someone else as well...if they were going to name a launcher after my favorite band they should have made it cooler and blacker.

Dont you hate it when you redo a weekly on accident...should have checked the app.

This week started gloomy for me, 2nd Glasshouse, 2nd Purifier fusion, Badger CCL, nothing worth mention from VoG HM, pulled an IB from chest though. 1st CE HM 7th Word of Crota and shards, 2nd run 6th Fang and Thunderlord at reward screen along w Gally which my teammate got, he also got the Crux.

Finally got the Crux. Went in for a second run and another fireteam member got one as well. Lots of exotics on this HM run for us. (Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, Last Word). Two Gjally's from the VoG chest this week, for other people.

Now to actually level up my Eidolon Ally....

bread's done
Back